• Published 10th Mar 2020
  • 871 Views, 4 Comments

Reign - Thurnis



Why was the pony given both the rank of 'Princess of Friendship' and immortality?

  • ...
1
 4
 871

Reign

She stood in her mirror.
















Her dazed eyes couldn't look at anything else. She waved back and forth and forth again. She didn't blink as the wind blew her hair to one side.


Love. Immortality. Pleasure. What would you have if you had only one?


She just did not know the answer.


She drank another as she stared more, looking at herself becoming more drunk in her bare reflection. It didn't bother her too much, it was for another dumb experiment right? Another broken dream somewhere else in time for her to realize.


..


Another waste of time..

Another tear that just wasn't there anymore.

Friends that turn into dust.

..


She threw the wine bottle at her mirror as it smashed with a deep intensity only that could be made by a Alicorn. Her face was still blank as the wine flooded and she could see her uneasy image drown out.

.. Did anybody hear that or are they off messing around with each other. Not messing with me.. Not speaking to me because they have their own lives to spend. And me, .. my whole eternity.


She stumbled again out of the disgusting room, like she always had. Tripping on the side of the fortress door was the least of her dark fears, but she did anyways, letting her wings fall with the lump. The floor feeling like the only comfort she could take as a walking zombie.


As she got up like a corpse, she continued to the only room she had in her fragile mind and twisted hair.


It was quiet walking around. The castle was a disgraceful ambient she couldn't stand.


If anything was sparkling, she couldn't look at it without getting sick to the stomach.


It will be like this after they are gone. Roaming just like this.


She almost kicked the door to the room recklessly as she first entered, it just felt better. The enormous room echoed the sound back and to the halls behind her.


The crystal circle glowing like always, in a aura of white and pure melancholy. Mocking her with old, simple and repeated quests and the opportunity of fun. Helping things that will be gone before a blink of her lifetime, not even their grandchildren would remember.


She walked around the brigade of chairs, gazing at all of them and the memories they proved for her in the years here.


She sat in her chair and sighed with all her available breath.


Time to go again..


She got up and enacted a spell, closing her tired eyes for a moment. A spell that only worked if you were imbued with alcohol. In the same vein as blood magic, it would create a drift of places and certain things that played out but not for too long. She shined harder and harder and-


It seemed she wasn't drunk enough.


The spell died down as soon as it was activated, disappearing into a faint mist.


She frowned with the taste of vinegary defeat in her mouth.


If she saw her golden crown again, she would rip it into pieces with her own bare hands.. bite into them like a animal.


Being the embodiment of friendship.. And not having them to care for forever is a embarrassment to the name. Love was the only thing that really lasted for a mortal, and still she couldn't get any luck already spent. Everyone she knew already had affection of their own. Every damned portal led to the same thing. Things that passed under the bus. She was filled with too many emotions.


Why was she granted such a temporary title?


Would there be a dynasty of friends under her name?


She almost screamed as loud as she could she took her magick and threw the stone chair through the paneled door behind her as it fell into the depth.


Did someone hear that now? Someone?.. Anyone..


She felt a sharp pain now, not in her heart again. Her head was cut from glass as it warm blood dripped, but her heart was cut so much harder she couldn't feel it.


She looked like her heart.


She could only flip through so many books.. So many pages.. so many false methods of immortality. So many lies.


She grew a tear in her eye for throwing the chair, and teleported her wobbly and unstable self out of the mess. Tears shed more.


The puzzled miss teleported herself randomly and it was only luck she didn't land on a spike.


Miserable luck.


She was by somewhere else, but still as downcast. A cliff over looking the sea and sunset, seemed like a fun vacation. The unicorn casted another enchantment from her outgrowth, as a magical circle surrounded her as muffled sound fit into her ears.


I.. think i'll lay. Right here.


She fell like a pencil. She had no more of these fruitless attempts. The sound of the waves was the only thing she wanted to listen to for a long time. This prison of guilt would turn into sadness no matter what she did. Grim, fatal attempts at some kind of good ending for her and anyone she knew.


For awhile, she could sleep on the rocky side. Bruising herself without caring too much.


She felt presences without opening her teary eyes, the shield prevented anymore surprising prevention.


It was a nightmare that could never end. They said something, who knew. They disturbed her peace.


Get up.


She got up, turned and saw their panic-stricken faces. There was plenty but not enough for a lifetime like hers. They were scared for something. Was it the wound on her forehead, the stance or the laying down on the cliff? Their eyes were almost all white.


They watched her every movement. Hard to tell if they were going for negative motives.


Some looked extreme in that light.


..


She lit up her horn once again, as sound finally came crashing down on her and the storm of allies like ants trying to crawl up to her. It was almost hushed. It was gentle. They hugged like a tiny chapter in time. She tried to feel some sincere emotion. Some smile in the ending of the sunset. But..










They were only friends.

Author's Note:

A thousand word short story I thought of during last year, hope you guys enjoyed it!

Story Picture is edit of this Emblem: https://www.deviantart.com/izacor/art/Cutie-mark-emblem-Twilight-Sparkle-717484380

Comments ( 4 )
Huk

...um, OK, I don't get it. Did she kill herself or not :unsuresweetie:?

I didnt get this one. Couldn't tell whether she committed suicide or not.

My guess, she didn't commit suicide, I think when she teleported on the mountain she just decided to lay there on the edge, then her friends saw her and hugged her.

Just my guess.

Login or register to comment