• Published 3rd Mar 2020
  • 1,456 Views, 30 Comments

En Garde! - Tumbleweed



When Rarity d'Aubigny, master swordswoman (as well as the Princess' most trusted servant), is wounded in an ambush, she's taken in by a humble peasant family ... but can she recover in time before her enemies find her and finish her off?

  • ...
3
 30
 1,456

Epilogue

Rarity sighed contentedly as she closed her laptop.

As if on cue, the school bell rang, signaling the end of her study hall period. The students around her jostled and joked amongst each other as they scooped up their bags and headed to their next class. Rarity slid her computer into her custom-stitched sustainable-canvas messenger bag (enviro-chic was in this year) and joined the stream of boisterous teenagers. She made it out into the hall, which seemed to have the whole of Canterlot High's student population crowded into it. Still, in the mix, Rarity saw the flame-red hair of her friend.

“Oh, hey Rarity!” Sunset Shimmer weaved through the crowd. “What's-- oop!”

Sunset's greeting trailed off into a dismayed yelp as she accidentally bumped into one of the boys in the football team, careening off of his bulk-- and into Rarity. The two thumped into a bank of lockers-- and in the mix, Sunset grabbed hold of Rarity's wrist for balance.

Her necklace glowed.

Her eyebrows furrowed.

Her sigh was audible.

“Rarity, did you really have to make me the bad guy?”

Comments ( 14 )

You know what? I'm not even mad that this is an in universe fanfic. This was short, sweet and fun.

This was really different and awesome! I'd love to hear more of the dashing Rarity d'Aubigny and her travels!
It actually reminds me of an old Western TV show, Tales of Wells-Fargo. The hero was sent all sort of odd places to investigate various happenings, and he usually got wounded while fighting four outlaws at once... (It was my father's favorite show.)

Personally, I love the romantic 1700s setting more! I'm mentally writing fanfiction of your fanfiction.
Please don't copyright-strike my brain.

“Rarity, did you really have to make me the bad guy?”

OBVIOUSLY darling, how else would she make up for making out with you? :raritystarry:

Huh. I really thought this would be longer.

Still neat though.

“Rarity, did you really have to make me the bad guy?”

Hey, that part's fair. You should be mad she made you some lame provincial noble committing what amounts to embezzlement of tax revenue instead of an evil sorceress or at least a scheming contender for the throne!

lol, neat ending. And yes, Sunset. She did.

"But you make such a fantastic antagonist! The princess's fallen student, now sowing dissent and plotting her revenge. It just oozes drama!"
"Meanwhile, you get to look fancy and play me for a fool."
"Well, the Spring Fling might have influenced my creative decisions just a touch."
"The one you insisted you forgave me for the last three times I tried to apologize?"
"My mind has long since forgiven you, darling. My heart, well..."
"And then there's the whole 'Applejack stripping you bare and tending to your wounds' thing."
"Oh, very well. I'll change the name of the valley's lady if Applejack never hears of this. Deal?"
"Deal."
"You know, it's this sort of behavior that makes you such an enticing villain."
"I can live with that."

In all seriousness, outstanding work with this one. Looking forward to anything else you do in this universe.

Her sigh was audible.

“Rarity, did you really have to make me the bad guy?”

Well, that is easy to fix... Now Sunset have the right to write a story with the heroine based on herself, and the villain based on Rarity! :pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh::raritydespair:
(Maybe one where Sunset is a detective, and Rarity a Carmen-Sandiego-like Thief?)

Well, that was fun. The final twist was a little unexpected, but, y'know, still fun. Kudos.

Awesome stuff! Will there be any chance that a sequel or continuation of some kind would happen? This was just too much fun.

Keeping me busy, aren't we? Yep, another review.

Loved it and would really love to see more

“Rarity, did you really have to make me the bad guy?”

Of course it was gonna end like this. :facehoof:
But still, a good stiry in the end. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment