• Published 4th Apr 2020
  • 300 Views, 23 Comments

The Battle of Paradise City 2 - Destruction at Nightfall - DangerDean



As night falls in Paradise City, an evil will show it's true form

  • ...
 23
 300

Chapter 5 - Recon Rescue

Oscura was getting extremely angry with Danger as she was gazing towards the sea, she knows that he may have heard her speech about eliminate him and the fact that he plans to race her across Equus in the human world.

Two seconds later, Midnight Skies approached her with a face of concern.

“Are you okay, Oscura?” She asked her, wondering what was the matter.

“NO, I’M NOT!” Oscura venomously spat out.

Midnight clearly wasn’t ready for what Oscura has to say next.

“I don’t like where this is going.” Midnight thought to herself as she saw Oscura’s tears flowing like Rainbow Falls. “Why, I may ask?”

“Well,” Oscura began. “I was having flashbacks to when he deliberately crashed into my car, MY PRECIOUS ÜBERSCHALL!” Midnight stepped back a bit because Oscura’s saliva was dripping off her cheeks.

“My legion will make sure that he doesn’t continue doing this. What I think he was doing, in my mind... is a crime.

“Why’s that, Oscura?” Midnight asked.

Oscura facehoofed, wishing that she haven’t have heard that.

“Because, Midnight, that every time that I see a hero doing something brilliant for the nation, no matter big or small, I claim it as a crime and... it disgusts me,” she spat out, having become tired of when her allies become incompetent.

“Noted. Perfectly noted.” Midnight said as she finally got the picture.

Oscura then wiped the tears of her eyes and was ready to talk to her nemesis, DangerDean.

“Do you think I should talk to that... ghastly maggot of a pegasus, now that we captured two of his allies?” She asked Midnight.

She then nodded as Oscura her magic to turn on the radio to communicate to Danger. But something struck Midnight.

“Who are they?” She then asked.

“Rarity and Twilight Sparkle.”

Midnight’s eyes lit up in realisation.

“Now would you excuse me?” Oscura then demanded.

Meanwhile...

“I don’t like what may come in the future,” Danger said to himself as he was en-route to Grange Hill, with a look of regret when he made the deal with the former ruler of the Crystal Empire. “But I know there’s two possibilities: Firstly, he could help my friends against Oscura and he wants me to challenge her in a race across Equestria and possibly throughout the continent. Alternatively, he could pull a trick behind us and enslave us, one by one. So I don’t like my chances.”

Then Danger’s radio was displaying a call sign. Danger knew that this would be from Oscura because he smell a trap from a 10 mile radius and when he pressed the screen to recieve the message, the pony displaying on the screen... was Oscura. A ravaging chill sped down Danger’s spine like a bullet from his Scorpion EVO. Danger stopped his Tempesta as he was half a mile from the junkyard.

“Took you long enough!” He spoke, giving a tone of annoyance to Oscura. “I haven’t noticed any of your army yet. Now why might that be?”

Danger was driving Oscura mad, like he always does.

“I’m not playing any of your games here, Danger.” Oscura spat out. “My army has been locating you to two hours on Paradise, and we haven’t found you and taken you prisoner. So tell me. Where are you?”

Oscura’s voice turned into a low-pitched snarl as she demanded DangerDean where he is located.

“I’m not giving any info away to any evil psychopath like you!” Danger snapped back, having had enough of her voice.

Oscura though, was having none of it.

I really, really, REALLY, REALLY, HATE YOU!!!” She then growled as her eyes turned blood red and tears flowed down her cheeks. “You... are my nemsis. I’ll never forget the first time we met back in Equestria, I hope we never, never in a million years, we cross paths again. I REALLY HOPE YOU BURN IN TARTARUS, DANGERDEAN, YOU HEAR ME! BURN IN TARTARUS!

Danger then switch the radio off as it was getting a bit annoying and a few seconds later, Oscura was on the radio again.

“Ugh, she never gives me a damn break, does she?” Danger said to himself while he recieved the message again.

HOW DARE YOU!” Oscura spat out, with a voice of every known word that symbolises anger. Danger knew he was in trouble because he cut Oscura off.

“What have I done now?”

YOU... YOU....

Danger became a bit concerned to what Oscura may shout out next.

STUPID, ANNOYING, WRETCH OF A PEGASI” Oscura’s rage caused her eyes to turn red with a display of total rage.

Danger’s eyebrows raised instantly and he turned the radio off again because he was getting tired of her shouting all the time. He then arrived to Grange Hill, trying to ignore the fact that he made Oscura’s life a living hell. When he stopped his Tempesta, Aria was waiting for him, with a look that could melt an entire soldier from Oscura’s army. Danger lowered his window into order to speak to Aria.

“What is it, Aria? You look like you’re having Battle of the Bands flashbacks.” Danger spoke, immediately that something is wrong with her.

“It’s Rainbow.” Aria responded, with concern in her voice.

Danger, however, was not buying this.

“What about her?”

“She thinks that Oscura may have captured Twilight and Rarity.” Aria then responded.

After 5 seconds, Danger thought of something.

“Can I borrow Starlight and Crimsonia please?” He asked Aria.

“Why?” Aria questioned as Danger got out of Tempesta and brought out a red and white drone that he made himself and a controller for the drone from inside the building.

“You do know that everypony back in Equestria is counting on us, right? Rainbow’s your friend! You can’t just leave her to bring out more tears than she has!”

“I’m aware of that, Aria.” Danger responded, having previously ignored Aria’s question of whether or not Equestria was counting on the Legion of Speedfreaks to defeat Oscura. “If Rainbow is right, the chances are they may not survive another day. That’s only problem number one!”

“What’s problem number two?” Aria then asked him.

“We have 64 minutes and 20 seconds before she strikes and brings more than enough damage to make us never come back to Paradise City ever again. So... I’m going to deploy my BSRU.” Danger announced.

“What does that mean, Danger?” Aria said as she was confused to what he was doing.

“BSRU, British Speedfreak Reconnaissance Unit.” Danger then explained. “I worked on this six months before me and Rainbow raced on Paradise City.”

“I’ll go and get Starlight and Crimsonia like you asked eariler.” Aria then announced, with a gloomy tone.

3 minutes later, after Danger finished preparing his reconnaissance unit, Starlight and Crimsonia arrived to notice that he had a plan and an itch that needs scratching.

“What is it, Danger?” Starlight asked him.

“I’m going to deploy my reconnaissance unit to see if Oscura has captured Twilight and Rarity. Sweet Celestia, she never gives us a break!” Danger responded.

“It’s Oscura, don’t question it!” Crimsonia then snapped.

“Danger’s right, Crimsy.” Starlight then spoke, trying to calm her down.

“I suppose. But what about this reconnaissance thing you set up, Danger?” Crimsonia asked him.

“I was just getting to that, actually.” Danger responded while setting up the drone camera from his Tempesta. “Starlight, could you get the two drone altitude meters and the drone carmera so that Crimsonia can use it for me?”

“Sure.” Starlight complied and went to the building to get the things Danger requested.

But as Starlight was doing this, a red and white baby male dragon named ‘Soulblaze’ appeared to talk to Danger who was finishing the syncronizing of the built-in drone camera to the touchscreen in his Tempesta.

“Er... Danger?” Soulblaze asked, wanting his attention.

Danger then faced the drake and was surprised to see him appear.

“Oh, nice to see you, Soulblaze.” Danger greeted him. “Have you been checking Blazey’s sister yet? Because I know she’s worried about her after that horrific crash a couple weeks back.”

“Oh she’s doing fine, she woken up now. me and Sunset bandaged her up eariler. But we let her talk to Aria about what happened that day.”

Crimsonia was wondering about something.

“Who’s Blazey’s sister, Soulblaze?”

But before he could respond, Danger was on cue to say the name.

“Sparky Lionfire. I’m glad she’s still alive.”

Crimsonia now realised who Soulblaze was referring to.

“So Danger, what are you doing now?” Soulblaze then asked him.

“I’m doing a recon mission because Aria told me that Rainbow thinks that Oscura has captured Twilight and Rarity.” Danger then responded.

10 seconds later, Starlight returned to the group with the items Danger had requested.

“So... are we ready?” She then announced.

Danger nodded and gave an instruction to Crimsonia to give any readings that may come up on the scanner attached to his drone. He also told Starlight to pliot the drone while he and Soulblaze operated the camera and the scanner.

“OK, Starlight, fire that baby up.” Danger then commanded Starlight.

Starlight then began raising the altitude of the drone before Soulblaze pressed a button to operate the cloaking device which caused Starlight to look on the camera next to her, rather than using pure guesswork.

“What’s the altitude, Crimsy?” Starlight asked Crimsonia.

“500 feet.” Crimsonia replied.

Starlight was coping with flying drones, she thought it was like flying kites, which was unknown to the rest of the group, especially to Danger.

After about 5 minutes and crossing the bridge, the drone had reached the mainland, which was unknown to Oscura’s army.

“OK, so... head east towards the Wild Cats Baseball Stadium and keep the height about 450 feet.” Danger then announced.

Starlight told Soulblaze to look at the camera with her just in case she sees Twilight or Rarity appear on the screen.

After about 30 seconds, Danger was getting a reading and the beep was getting faster and louder.

“OK, OK, hold the party wagon!” Danger spoke, as he lower the volume of the beep sound effects.

“Did someone say... PARTY?” Pinkie exclaimed as she heard Danger say her magic word.

Nononononononononononononononononon, I didn’t say it PINKIE!” Danger snapped as sweat poured his head.

Crimsonia facehoofed as Pinkie sighed in disappointment.

“Why does she always to that?!” Crimsonia complained.

“It’s Pinkie, don’t question it.” Danger responded. “Anyways, I got a reading. 20 feet west and then land the drone on the left sidewalk.” He then announced.

After Starlight did this, Soulblaze rotated the camera till he found to two mares.

“Danger, we found them.” Soulblaze announced, seeing a white Hunter Grand Marias and a purple Jansen X12.

“Brilliant, are they captured on not, cause that’s what’s worrying Rainbow.” Danger then asked the red drake.

“Er... no, it doesn’t look like it.”

Danger was wondering for a definite answer.

“OK, Soulblaze, scan their vehicles, because they may have hidden inside the passenger footwell.

“Sure thing, buddy.” Soulblaze responded, he then pressed the scan button and after a second, the two were on Danger’s screen. Danger then grabbed his radio and then he spoke: “Twilight and Rarity, do you both read me?”

Twilight got out of her footwell and use her magic to grab her microphone.

“Yes we do, Danger.” Twilight responded. “And before you ask, no, we aren’t captured but we did get our hooves wrapped up with rope ten minutes ago, but we got out of the imprisonment."

“That’s very good to hear!” Danger sighed in relief. “Do you think you can make it back to Grange Hill?” He then asked her.

“That may be tricky cause Oscura's forces are everywhere. If she finds out that we escaped, she’ll have both me and Rarity’s heads.” Twilight responded looking around.

“I have a idea.” Danger announced and then pressed a button to spawn in an set of Oscura’s guard armour to both Twilight and Rarity’s vehicles.

“Oh, good idea. We’ll use this as camouflage to trick her and then we’ll scarper to your base.” Twilight thanked Danger.

“Thanks, Twilight. Good luck.” Danger greeted as he was about to tell Rainbow the good news.

“Much appreciated.”