• Published 28th Feb 2020
  • 3,842 Views, 42 Comments

Pretending To Be Mine - PixiePony



Fluttershy is being stalked to the point of feeling terrorized and has acquired the help from her most loyal friend.

  • ...
1
 42
 3,842

Chapter 3

When Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy walked into school the following day, by their surprise, Shadow Chaser was nowhere to be seen again. It was curious and Rainbow kept her arms around Fluttershy, just in case. She breathed in the scent of her friend to calm her nerves and specifically ignored any reason why that would calm her in the first place.

“Dashie, I haven’t seen him this morning.” Rainbow nodded, still a little stiff. “Maybe that’s a good thing?” She looked beside her and was caught off guard. Fluttershy’s face was full of hope and she was smiling, really smiling, and something stirred within her at that smile. The corners of her mouth twitched upward.

“Y-yeah Shy,” Her response was almost breathy. They were so close, and she could see every detail of her face, the subtle pink glow in her eyes and the fine strands of hair that surrounded her. She breathed in, the hope becoming contagious. “Maybe he knows not to mess with you anymore.” Rainbow puffed out her chest, her mood lighter than before, and held her fist up. “He knows what’ll happen if he does.”

Despite her threat, Fluttershy laughed and it made Rainbow smirk. It was music to her ears, and she had to hear more of it. There was an addictive quality to it that made her more confident, that if she could hear that laughter again everything would be okay.

“He probably ran home scared and decided hiding under the covers was a safer option.” Fluttershy put a hand over her mouth but let herself laugh freely and Rainbow counted that as a win. She began to laugh as well. “No one messes with you, Shy.” She hugged her closer, really feeling her body against her own. It was warm as her cheeks were and she couldn’t keep the smile off her face. “No one messes with my girl.”

They both paused and Rainbow Dash let her grip loosen. Fluttershy was still smiling but she was looking away slightly. It had been a slip of her tongue with her emotions running high. Sure, Rainbow was possessive, but she had never referred to any of her friends as her own like that. She gave off an awkward laugh, letting her arm fall away, as they reached their lockers.

“Come on, let’s get to class.”

Turning her head away quickly she thought she saw a blush on Fluttershy’s face but didn’t want to think about it too much. They had both been laughing and their faces were bound to be flushed.

After a moment of gathering things needed for her first class, she felt a hand on her arm. Fluttershy’s voice was quiet, but more than usual. She had to strain to hear what her friend was saying.

“Rainbow,”

“Huh? She turned and saw the flushed face had been replaced with tense lines and worry. “Fluttershy?” That look could only mean she saw Shadow Chaser but before she could turn to see for herself, she was pulled forward by her shirt.

Rainbow let out a surprised sound. Fluttershy was still speaking just below a whisper and she moved closer to Rainbow, a serious look in her eyes. Fluttershy briefly apologized but her tone was almost in a panic.

“I see him, Rainbow.” She put her head in her hands. “I don’t know what to do.” Rainbow lifted an arm, putting it protectively around her. “I’m with you, remember,” She smiled slightly “He’s scared of me now.”

Fluttershy lifted her head and let herself smile slightly. Rainbow nodded to convince not only Fluttershy but herself of this fact. He had to be scared. It was the only thing that seemed to keep him at a distance. She saw her friend’s eyes widen in thought.

“Could you, I mean, I think it might help if you,” She trailed off but looked behind Rainbow’s shoulder and her resolve seemed to harden.

“Come closer to my face.”

Rainbow’s expression was confused but she felt her cheeks heat up, nonetheless. She became flustered, stuttering slightly, “uhh, I mean-”

Fluttershy backpedaled quickly, “I don’t mean anything like k-kissing.” She blushed and looked down. “Just something like, whispering in my ear or- I don’t know.”

She looked up and into her eyes, pleading. “Please, Rainbow? He's less likely to approach us if we're more...” Her face reddened further as she paused, it seemed hard for her to say. “intimately involved.”

Rainbow Dash could see the real fear in her eyes, even past the fluster. Shadow Chaser genuinely frightened her and this silly idea of them as a couple was practically her last line of defense against this guy. Quickly, she leaned in close. It might work and if anything, it would calm Fluttershy down. That thought hardened her resolve and she nodded.

Briefly, Rainbow thought about balancing herself on the pale shoulder next to her face but opted for putting her forearm on the locker behind Fluttershy's head, clenching her fist in nervousness. Immediately her senses were filled with the floral scent that was increasingly becoming familiar to her.

She hesitantly leaned her head close to Fluttershy's ear and tentatively took her yellow hand in her free one. Rainbow felt a warmness rise to her cheeks as she said softly, “I hope this is okay.”

She could feel Fluttershy shiver slightly but nod her head. “Yes,” the grip tightened on her blue one. “But I'm not quite certain what to do.”

Rainbow loosened her hand and lightly pushed her fingers through Fluttershy’s. Her senses were on fire and her breath quickened slightly. Never had she been this close to any of her friends. Even the closest one from her childhood. It was a sensory overload and she didn’t know how to process it.

“Just pretend I'm saying all the sappy things to you.” Her voice cracked.

Fluttershy giggled, putting a lump in Rainbow’s throat at the sound, and moved her fingers against Rainbow’s. Again, heat pulsed through her hand and up her arm at the tender touch. So soft against her calloused ones. The slight friction was all she could focus on.

“Don't pretend you wouldn't be sappy if this were real.”

Rainbow chuckled slightly but felt her face heat up even more. If it were real.

“I just hope he can take a hint.”

They stayed that way for a long moment, surprisingly uninterrupted. Rainbow was growing increasingly uncomfortable, her arm becoming sore from the lack of movement and weight of her body. She shifted experimentally to the other side of Fluttershy’s face and let out a small laugh. She could feel Fluttershy shiver under her.

“I wonder what our friends would say, if they saw us right now.”

Fluttershy smiled beside her. “Oh, I’m sure Pinkie would think it was convincing.”

Rainbow lifted herself slightly to look at her friend, eyes darting across her details. There was still a blush on her face, and she felt breathless when she realized they were, again, so close, that she was able to see the individual strands of hair covering her eyes.

Instinctively she let go of the locker and reached to tuck the strands behind her ear. It was a delicate gesture and she saw Fluttershy part her lips with a breath. Rainbow wasn’t sure how someone as brash as her was able to achieve something so gentle, but she felt like she had been pulled into a trance and that the world around them no longer existed.

That is until the bell rang, jolting both out of their locked gaze. They were both blushing and Rainbow turned, quickly grabbed her book bag and slammed the locker, a little too loudly.

Rainbow had never experienced anything like that before and her mind was frazzled. Fluttershy was her friend and she couldn't understand why seeing her so close, practically in her arms, had taken her breath away.

She moved to leave but paused, waiting for Fluttershy. When the shy girl had finished grabbing her things she followed, and Rainbow extended her hand. They walked together towards homeroom, with a quick pace and flushed faces.


Fluttershy became increasingly relaxed as the day continued. Surprisingly, she had been left alone for most of the morning. She shared a class with Shadow Chaser right before lunch but even then, he had seemed distant. He talked with her and the looks he gave her still made her shiver, but he hadn’t tried to touch her. For that she was grateful.

Walking into the cafeteria for lunch Fluttershy smiled. Their plan might just be working. There was that encounter before school had started and she blushed remembering. Shadow Chaser had seemed to walk past them, but Rainbow had just been so close, it had been hard to think of anything else once she felt her body pressed against her own. They had never been that close before and seeing her cyan face so close, her shining eyes that were always full of spirit, it made her feel weak at the knees.

Shaking her head, Fluttershy looked at her tray of food and quickly shuffled towards her friends. Those were thoughts for another day. If the plan was working, then she wouldn't have to hide behind her friend anymore. The prospect of being able to have her life back was a freeing feeling. Her smile was so wide, her friends gave her questioning glances when she reached the table.

When Rainbow reached the table, Pinkie spoke up. “Sooo, how’s our favorite couple??”

Fluttershy smiled as Rainbow answered. “It’s going well, he hasn’t bothered us this morning.” Fluttershy nodded in agreement, smiling.

“Huh, isn’t that kinda weird?” Sunset said. The smile on Fluttershy’s face slipped a little bit as Rainbow agreed but she answered. “I-I think maybe he’s just lost interest.” She looked down at her food. “At least, I’m hoping.”

“We’re still looking out for him.” Rainbow said and looked towards Fluttershy. “We saw him this morning" She blushed slightly and continued. "but he never came up to us.” She shrugged and began to eat her food.

Applejack spoke up. “I agree with Sunset, I don’t think it’ll be that easy.”

“Didn’t you fight him off yesterday, dear?” Rarity said. Rainbow puffed her chest a bit. “I sure did,” Fluttershy cleared her throat but didn’t look up from her food. Rainbow laughed slightly. “Okay, I didn’t actually beat him up, but I sure wanted to.”

“I’m just sayin’. I know what happened, I saw what happened, but I just don’t think that will scare him off.” Applejack gave her last word and the subject was dropped. Fluttershy was glad. She was happy for the worry of her friends, but it made the hope she had felt deplete a little.

Halfway into lunch Rainbow asked Fluttershy if she should wrap her arm around her while they sat together. She nodded, it couldn’t hurt, and she honestly felt safe in her friend's arms.

So, Rainbow slowly wrapped her arm around Fluttershy. The feeling of her hands running along the side of her waist was soft enough it began to trigger her fight or flight mechanic and she began to giggle slightly. Rainbow looked over and Fluttershy could tell that her cheeks were warming.

“Wha- I thought you said this was ok?”

Fluttershy put her hand up to her mouth and smiled. “It is, Dashie, but it kind of tickles.”

Smirking, Rainbow wiggled her fingers a bit and Fluttershy could feel her other hand slide around her stomach in response. “You mean like this??”

Before she was aware of what was happening, she was bursting out in a fit of laughter. Fluttershy began to squirm in her friend’s arms and leaned in, burying her head in her shoulder.

It was a blissful feeling being so close and tender with her friend and having her laugh right along with her. The feeling was so foreign, it was tingly and numbing and left her breathless. But it was also familiar. The sound of her friend’s laughter, the happiness she felt when she was around her, and the smile on her face. Fluttershy looked up at the girl who held her. In that moment it seemed like laughing together, being happy together, was the only thing that was important. She smiled as Rainbow held her in her arms.

Their friends suddenly began nudging each other and waved to get their attention. Shadow Chaser had come in and was very visibly searching the room. Fluttershy hadn’t seen them in time before a shadow crossed over their table.

Shadow Chaser stood, tall, with a calmingly twisted expression on his face. He spoke before either had noticed him approaching. “I know you’re faking it.”

Fluttershy froze, her lighthearted mood was gone and the all too familiar fear she had been experiencing this week coming back to her. Feeling a calming strong hand on her hip, Fluttershy brushed her hair away from her eyes. “H-hello Shadow Chaser.”

Shadow Chaser smiled, and it gave Fluttershy a sickening shiver. She felt Rainbow’s hands grip her slightly.

“I know this is some joke between you and your dumb friends.” He laughed at the girls’ protest, an almost genuine lighthearted laughter that made Fluttershy’s skin crawl.

“I've been watching you today.” So that’s where he had been, he wasn’t hiding from them, he was hiding to observe them. She swallowed a lump in her throat. He continued.

"From what I've observed between you and," he paused and cringed. "her, you probably don’t even like girls, do you?”

She could hear Rainbow loudly scoff at his words. Shadow Chaser began to step closer, giving her another sweet smile.

“Come on, lovely, you don’t have to pretend anymore.” He pleaded as he reached towards her and she felt her muscles tense. “Let’s go outside for lunch today.”

Suddenly Fluttershy was aware of his hand dangerously near her face. Her body had frozen when he began to draw near and before she was able to respond in any way, she saw a blue hand smack his. “Get your fucking hand away from my girlfriend!!”

It was like she was snapped out of a trance and she was finally aware of the situation. Rainbow had positioned herself slightly around Fluttershy, keeping between her and Shadow Chaser, and was clenching her fists. Fluttershy lightly put her hand on the arm around her and spoke up. “Rainbow, please, you promised.” Rainbow turned her head, flustered. “I’m sorry, but he keeps crossing the line when he touches you.”

“Excuse me!” They turned to Shadow Chaser as he spoke. There seemed to be slight fear in his eyes, but he covered it immediately.

“Come on, dear. The joke is over.” He paused slightly, an almost hurt look on his face. He hesitated. “I-It is a joke, isn’t it?”

The situation was escalating and Fluttershy could feel Rainbow tense up as he turned to her, his features hardening. “Some sick twisted joke?" If Fluttershy didn't know any better, she would say he genuinely looked confused and hurt. "Have you even kissed her?”

The moment froze. Both Rainbow and Fluttershy paused and held their breath. He had reached a point they hadn’t been willing to cross in their charade. Looking at Rainbow, she could see the struggle behind her flushed face as she struggled to respond. It was way too much to ask her to cave into a request like that. Fluttershy tried ignoring what her own mind thought about the situation. Even if it was fake, it was such an intimate gesture. She had never dated anyone, let alone kissed someone. And in public.

She heard Shadow Chaser reply in relief. He nodded, “Good.”

Somehow, he had figured it out, but she knew that Rainbow never gave up without a fight. Rainbow shook her head as if coming out of her frozen state. “Doesn’t matter if we’ve kissed, public or not. That’s fucking bullshit. You know she’s shy.”

Fluttershy could feel her face heat up more at the insinuations. Rainbow was still trying to cover. It would be highly unfair to pressure her friend into such an intimate act. She had already done quite a lot. Fluttershy was sure he knew now, and there was nothing more they could do to salvage their plan.

Feeling the pin prick of tears in her eyes, she tugged on Rainbow’s shirt, looking at her with as much strength as she could and spoke quietly, only loud enough for her friend to hear her.

“It’s ok Rainbow, you don’t have to be pressured into anything you don’t want to.”

She could see the conflict of protecting her friend and proving Shadow Chaser wrong or doing something neither of them felt was needed. Fluttershy saw Rainbow looking from her to Shadow Chaser and back again. Pausing briefly as she stared into her own eyes. She couldn’t help it but she knew she must look so frightened.

A blue hand lifted hesitantly, pausing for only a moment before caressing it through her hair, grabbing her head with both hands and gently pulling her forward.

Soft lips met and a surge of heat formed between the pair. It was wet and warm and felt like nothing she had ever experienced.

Fluttershy became aware that Rainbow was moving her lips, almost in a massage type motion. She wasn’t sure what to do and knew her friends must be witnessing two of their close friend’s doing something so daring.

She could feel the kiss get softer, more precise and suddenly there was a slimy wet feeling against her lips. It became hard to think of anything except the feeling against her. She suppressed a slight moan. The world around them fell away. It was only Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in that moment.

Her hands gripped tightly to Rainbow’s shoulders as she felt Rainbow tilt her head slightly, keeping her fingers secure in her hair, as she let her friend explore her closed lips.

Unlike it’s beginning, they ended the kiss slowly, pulling away and Fluttershy looked into Rainbow’s bright fuchsia eyes. She took in a needed breath and felt almost transfixed by her friend’s eyes, which were glossed over and looked much like how she felt.

It wasn’t until they heard Shadow Chaser’s voice again did, they look away from one another.

“Gross... Whatever.”

He folded his arms, upset, and Fluttershy felt Rainbow pull away quickly. “I still don’t think you’re fooling anybody.”

He then began walking away, leaving the lunchroom altogether. Fluttershy slowly turned to look at her friend, who had gone back to eating her lunch. She then looked at her other friends across the table, all with wide eyes, Pinkie with a wide smile.

She wasn’t sure what in the world had just transpired, but friend or not, something sparked within her.

The feeling those blue lips were able to lend and such a tender touch. It hadn’t been rough like she thought it might be with Rainbow, like most things were with her. It was soft and gentle. Almost like how Rainbow was when it was only the two of them.

Fluttershy looked at Rainbow again and gripped her hands in her lap. The feeling that stirred inside of her during the kiss was a more intense, very intense, version of the warm feeling when she was leaning against Rainbow while being tickled. Fuzzy, static, a numbness she couldn’t place. She didn’t know what it was, but it was strong.

Sighing in defeat, she leaned her head on her knuckles. She could see Rainbow pause, looking in her direction, and felt her lean close speaking softly, in the way she only did around her.

“You-uh, you ok, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy smiled at the care in her voice. “Yeah.” Sighing again. “I hope he finally gets the message that I’m not worth bothering.”


Since the kiss during lunch, Rainbow’s mind had been fried. She knew that it was all part of their plan, and that kissing was something they had specifically agreed not to do, but Shadow Chaser had trapped them into a corner. Had it been a bad decision? In the long run, Rainbow didn’t think so. He had backed off for the most part and it seemed to get at least something through to him. But the damage it had done to her mind and her own feelings was jarring.

She had meant it to be a quick kiss, just to prove a point, but from the moment she ran her fingers through her friend’s hair all she could think about was the warm sensation of her touch. Rainbow wasn’t all that experienced, but she had shared kisses with other girls before. However, none of them could compare to the electric sensory overload of soft lips she kissed that day. It was almost a burning sensation, in the best numbing way possible.

After school, Rainbow went straight home, of course still dropping Fluttershy off at her house. Once she reached her room, her mind had collapsed in on itself.

Rainbow wasn’t sure what had possessed her to really get into and feel the kiss but feel she did. She remembered how it felt to have her kissing back, her gentle hands grabbing her strong arms. She instinctively had wanted to run her tongue along Fluttershy’s, deepening the kiss but was reminded of the situation they were in when she hadn’t openly accepted her prodding.

Throwing a pillow across the room she cursed. “God, what’s happening to me!” She groaned and fell face first into her sheets.

It was unfair for her to force something so intimate on her friend like that. Rainbow had apologized several times afterward but Fluttershy had seemed to be okay with it, or at least showed no sign that she was mad.

The next day, Shadow Chaser had kept his distance, much to the relief of Fluttershy. It was already past lunch and Rainbow Dash placed her hand over her friend’s waist as they walked. There was a warm buzzing feeling where their bodies touched. She tried her hardest to push these strange sensations from her mind.

“R-Rainbow Dash?” She silently thanked Fluttershy for the distraction, turning her head slightly. “Yeah babe?” Willing herself not to blush at the nickname.

“I-I was thinking last night and, w-well,” She hesitated as they neared their classroom. “Do you think we should add kissing to our list?” Rainbow’s thoughts immediately derailed. She came to a full stop and turned, with wide eyes. “What?”

Fluttershy put up her hands defensively. “I-It’s just that, now everyone has seen us kiss, plus Shadow Chaser seemed more convinced after we,” She visibly blushed but swallowed and continued. “did that, so maybe if we do it more often?” Fluttershy shrugged her shoulders as Rainbow Dash fought to breath. “Only if you want to! We don’t even have t-to on the l-lips.”

Fluttershy was now looking at her feet and holding her hands in front of her. Rainbow forced herself to take a deep breath.

More kissing. The warm buzzing feeling intensified at the idea, making her hands numb, which then gave Rainbow a weird sinking feeling in her stomach. She didn’t want to place what these weird feelings were but the fact they felt good, worried her.

“Um...” They were standing just a classroom away from their destination. Rainbow looked down at her hand still on Fluttershy’s waist. There was a small part of her that loved the feeling and it pushed its desire to the front of her mind, letting the blood pool in her cheeks.

She slowly nodded. The worried expression in Fluttershy’s face began to melt away so Rainbow nodded more firmly, willing herself to keep calm. “Uh, yeah sure Shy.” She shrugged some of her nerves away. It felt strange that Fluttershy was the one to suggest it. “I mean, if you're sure. You know, if you’re ok with the PDA.” She looked away. “I know it’s not the most ideal situation.”

“It’s ok Dashie,” Rainbow saw Fluttershy blush visibly, but she continued to smile. “It really did seem to work, and he hasn’t been bothering me as much since, and I,” She shrugged. “I-I really don’t mind.”

Rainbow’s heart felt like it was throbbing in her throat and she tried to swallow. The look on her friend’s face was flushed and careful and adorable and there was a gravity almost pulling her closer. Rainbow had been trying not to admit it to herself, but she didn’t mind the intimate contact either.

That desire she felt earlier wormed its way to the front of her mind again and without thinking, she lifted her hand, moving strands of pink hair away with her thumb. She could feel Fluttershy’s breath on her face and she saw her eyes widen, if only slightly. Rainbow let go of her hair but didn’t back away.

“Do y-you want to-” Her voice cracked, and she cleared her throat. “Do you want to,” her eyes looked away and she felt like a coward for not being able to even say the words. “Do it now?”

Fluttershy looked down and away as well, but her smile never seemed to falter. “S-sure.”

It was a small kiss to anyone who was watching, quick and simple, but there was that same electricity again that had Rainbow feeling almost lost when she pulled back. It took her an embarrassingly long second to force the fog out of her mind.

“Right, good.” She cleared her throat and straightened her back. She saw Fluttershy do the same. The more they continued this, the more these weird feelings began to rise, and she felt shameful for feeding her growing desire.

“Let’s um,” She couldn't even look at Fluttershy as they walked into the class. “Let’s get to class.”

Author's Note:

A/N: Things are really getting interesting now! :rainbowwild: Let me know if any of this feels rushed. I wanted to really dig deep into the thought behind the kiss. From both ends, there's more from Flutters about it in the next chapter.

Critique and comment! :rainbowkiss: