• Published 29th Feb 2020
  • 5,694 Views, 68 Comments

Oh Dearest Father of Mine... - ExaltedFiction



What could possibly go wrong when a Human has to raise two immortal Alicorns fillies who possess unimaginable Godlike power? Better question, what COULDN'T go wrong?

  • ...
9
 68
 5,694

Chapter II - A Gift from a Friend

“Come now, let’s get you fillies inside.” The man said, rising to his two feet, placing the sling over his shoulder, and grasping the body of his staff. Climbing the stairs he once sat upon and stopped in front of the pair of wooden doors.

He let his free hand feel up the stone frame of the doorway, “I dub thee ‘Nequam’ (‘Worthless’) and once I complete your overhaul, I shall rename you to something worthy of being the first Castle constructed by me.”

Once he was done, he removed his hand from the stone door frame and placed it on one of the doors, with a push, the door slowly creaked opened, giving the man a narrowed view of the interior. Pushing some more, feeling pain in his sore muscles, he stopped briefly before repositioning himself to put more effort in his legs, pushing again he managed to open the door although using more effort than he would’ve liked.

Wiping the sweat from his forehead, he took a breath of the interior only to recoil away from his own body.

Oof, I need to take a bath… I smell worse than a Diamond Dog…

The man felt some squirming from his sling, looking down, he saw Lulu and Celly were moving around, pushing against his chest or each other. Rolling his eyes, he placed his own hand between them, slightly wincing in pain from their hooves scratching against his fragile skin.

They keep this up I might reconsider getting them horseshoes…

Once they stopped squirming about, he slowly retracted his arm before giving Lulu a little scratch behind the ears - prompting it to flicker at the touch and bring a small smile on her muzzle - before providing the same treatment for Celly.

Giving them a smile before leaning his staff against the wall and taking off the heavy load from his shoulders. But the cold air that hit his back while simultaneously relieving the pain his shoulders carried brought some much needed relief.

His bag looked far worse than him, it was covered in sweat, dirt and mud, probably smells worse too, his staff wasn’t as clean when he started the journey but he made a note to maintain his valuable and irreplaceable equipment.

Grabbing his staff before looking around the interior of the foyer. It wasn’t what he had expected. The foyer was well preserved and well lit thanks to the windows and the open door but it was a bit dim in some corners.

Furniture suited for a foyer was positioned around the entrance like crystal holders attached to the walls, it had the same features as a candle holder, just that it held small magical crystals instead.

Hovering a hand in front of the crystal holders, it started glow slightly, slowly building power before it began to glow ever brighter, illuminating the foyer and eradicating the darkness.

A wide red carpet with golden ends and fringes led from the entrance to the main hall.

Ornate wooden chairs with red soft cushions and no backrest flanking the sides of a circular glass table with a golden frame and legs. On the glass table was an empty crystal vase and a chessboard. Unfortunately the sizes of the chairs and tables were not suited for him, smaller and shorter than human sized furniture.

Above the table was a rectangular mirror, that showed his own reflection; dirty and filthy, only enforcing the reason to have a bath.

Oh if she saw the way I looked right now…

Shaking his head free from his thoughts, he moved on from the foyer into the main hall, passing through another pair of wooden doors that were already opened inwards.

When he entered, there were several storage chests and sacks just sitting there.

The chests were not in the best condition, the metal was rusted and the wood was splintered. The sacks were dirty and damaged, some had holes in them with fruits and vegetables falling out.

But something caught his eye, on top of the chests, just laying there, was a note.

Walking over and picking it up. It was addressed to him. He unfolded the letter and started reading aloud.

“Dear Apollyon,

Just as promised, I have left you and the fillies some supplies you will need to survive in such an isolated location for a time, but I have left several key items to help you become self sufficient so you won’t have to rely solely on my support.

These things include:

  • Several cattle for feeding
  • Tools for lumber, mining, farming, fishing, etc
  • Various types of seeds for farming

I recommend talking to ‘Apis’ first, he’s the only black bull in the herd and is its head. It’s best to find out and work out a deal with him for letting the fillies feed from them.

I’m not entirely sure if you are familiar with farming, but if not, then you could also ask the cattle. They may stand around all day and eat grass, but they do watch what happens around them.

Your personal items in the main chambers.

It was unfortunate that you could not stay and that we could not have traveled together, but circumstances have deemed it so.

I will return in a month to see how you and the fillies are faring, by that time, I hope you have unlocked the gate to make transportation and travel far easier.

But until then, stay safe.

Your friend, Harpstrings”

Smiling at the note, he folded it back up before leaving it on the chest. Turning his attention to the main hall, he noted down all the features of it.

Hanging from the ceiling were four evenly spaced golden chandeliers with dim magically powered crystals instead of candles.

To the sides were finely chiseled stone statues with a bust of a male unicorn. The unicorn had a helmet but without any face protection, permanently showing his deadpan expression.

In between the statues were ‘ponikins’ clad in suits of medieval plate armour built for nobleponies who became knights, but these sets of armour were ceremonial in design. Metal plates of armour covered with a brass finish protected most of the ponikin except the underbelly, knees and hocks.

Additional accessories included a royal blue plume for the helmet, a brass symbol of the sun on the left side of the chest acting as the crest and a royal blue cape with a symbol of the sun that wrapped itself around the barrel.

The man subconsciously gripped his staff tighter, swiftly shifting his gaze to other things in the main hall.

In the main hall was a pair of doors on the left and right, leading into an adjacent room, but these rooms were identified with a brass sign secured onto the door.

On the West side was the dining hall and the East was the common area.

At the end of the main hall was a wide set of cold stone stairs with the same blood red carpet going up it and stopping at the top before another red carpet took over, heading off into two directions: The East and West corridors.

You know this place looked smaller on the outside…

Looking around some more until he grit his teeth at the sight of beautiful stained glass arched windows all sharing a picture of Alicorn with a shimmering white coat and a fiery, yet calming orange mane with several streaks of yellow and dark orange.

The Alicorn was lying down in front of a small group of foals with the rays of the sun shining upon them from the right. There were no plate inscriptions, or messages carved into the wall, just the picture.

Sighing, Apollyon decided to head to the dining hall first.


Entering the dining hall, it was a decently sized room with enough space for a Human and two future fully grown future Alicorns, but the height might’ve been an issue.

A long table covered with a white sheet was in the centre of the room, with chairs under the table. Several dining tables were placed together to give the illusion that it was one long table.

On the table was several crystal holders that laid dormant.

The only lighting came from a single chandelier that hung from the ceiling in the centre of the room and several evenly spaced stained arched windows that held no pictures.

Hearing some yawning, Apollyon looked down to see Celly and Luna reaching the stars before opening their eyes to the world.

“Good afternoon, my sweetest Celly and my dearest Lulu.” Gesturing to dining room, “Look, this is where we’ll be eating from now on and not in the cold, bitter dark wilderness.”

Giggling and laughing, they did their best to reach out to him.

Sighing, his eyes flashed purple. His staff and eyes dimly glowing purple. A warm and welcoming purple aura surrounding the sling and the the fillies.

Lifting the fillies up to his neck while simultaneously taking off the sling and leaving it on the side of the room. He received a hug and nuzzle from them as thanks.

Chuckling a giving them a muzzle in return, “Oh, what am I going to do with you two?” Receiving a happy babble from each of them.

“Come, let’s take a look around the manor.”

Seeing another door that led to an adjacent room with a sign labeled ‘kitchen’ beside it. He walked over and opened the door.


Upon entering the kitchen, his nostrils were filled with an assortment of herbs and spices. However his eyes widened at the interior of the kitchen.

A cooking oven for baking and a huge fireplace for stews, or smoking and roasting food.

Pots, pans, kettles, skillets and cauldrons filled the tables with herbs hanging from a herb drying rack hanging low above the tables.

A small water supply complete with a sink and drainage was on the side.

I really need servants to help maintain this place…

Hearing some babbling from his shoulders, he looked to his sides and realised that his fillies couldn’t see, “Oh sorry,” he apologised, placing them on the back of his shoulders so that they could see the kitchen.

“Well? What do you think?” Hearing some questioning babbling from them he scoffed, “Pfft, of course I can cook. Have you tasted my- oh right.”

Hearing them laugh and giggle, “Oh quiet you two.” Mumbled Apollyon.

At the end of the kitchen was a door with a small arched window built into it. Sunlight shined through the small window and Apollyon could see the greens of nature.

Apollyon clumsily walking through the kitchen to get to it, doing his best - however miserably failing - to avoid hitting the corners of tables and walking face first into hanging metal pots and pans.

After making it through, he brought a hand to his forehead to rub it.

Damn these pony sized rooms…

Hearing some laughing from his shoulders he shook his head and craned his neck around, “Excuse me? Are you laughing at my torment?”

Apollyon gasped when he heard some agreeable babbling, “You’re both grounded until I die.” he stated, getting some pleading from them before taking the back exit.


Apollyon and his fillies were greeted with a view of lush green plains perfect for raising farms and animals.

Cattle littered the thriving fields, simply eating the grass or talking to members of their own herds. A black bull, the only male of the herd, was surrounded by females, relaxing at the far end of the field. The herd carried a diverse breed of cattle, brown, white, black and white. It was one of the most diverse herds ever seen.

“I hope the male is nothing but reasonable.” Apollyon said, looking to Celly, “What do you think?”

However, Celly’s attention was elsewhere, the white Alicorn magenta orbs were drawn to the sun, staring into the depths of its warmth and power.

Apollyon traced her gaze and glanced back to her, “Don’t stare at the sun Celly.” He ordered, bring Celly to the front of his shoulder, burying her face in it.

He looked to Lulu, who shared no concern with the sun, but with her missing sister, wondering where she disappeared to. After a moment or two after her sisters ‘disappearance’ Apollyon heard some soft whining from his right shoulder. Sighing at being inconsiderate, he levitated both of them under his chin.

Lulu’s once sad expression was replaced with a joyful one as she found her light, wrapping her legs around Celly’s neck and nuzzling her like no tomorrow. Celly however didn’t seem to notice Lulu, instead, she attempted to climb over his shoulder, no doubt wanting to stare into the depth of the sun, as if wanting to comprehend its secrets.

Tensing up, Apollyon immediately power walked to the other side of the field, the talking of the field ceased as he got the attention of the herd and breaking Celly’s fascination of the sun.

Approaching, Apis, the black bull, who was simply laying down with several females surrounding him. Apollyon couldn’t tell from glance if it was for ‘protection’ or just to simply prove something else, but it made him clench his fist at the sight.

Apollyon walked to him, getting a smug look from the bull as he approached. Nearing his presence, Apollyon embedded his staff in the ground, flashing his eyes and staff at the bull.

“Apis! I’ve come to bargain.” Apollyon declared, receiving a smirk from the bull, “My demands are as follows: Your females are to feed my fillies in exchange for what your heart desires!” He shouted again, attracting quite the crowd.

Apis looked at the Human, before repeatedly glancing from him, to the Alicorns under his chin. The blue Alicorn, nuzzling the white one, while she was accepting it but trying to gain a little distance from her.

Apis started to giggle softly before it slowly shifted to full blown laughter. Apis laughed ecstatically on the ground, prompting Apollyon to raise an eyebrow at his unprofessional antics.

The surrounding females kept their eyes on Apollyon, ignoring the head of their herd as his laughter resonated throughout the field.

Soon, it slowly began to die down, catching his breath and wiping a tear that broke out from his eye. Apis stood up, still trying to contain his laughter before slowly making his way over to the Human.

The bulls height wasn’t imposing, but his bulky physique certainly compensated for it. His toned muscles tensing up as he walked over, still tensing as he stopped in front of Apollyon.

Standing face to face or face to… chest, trying to size the Human up. Whether it was confidence or pure arrogance, Apollyon couldn’t figure out the atmosphere of the field, but he could most certainly take a guess.

Apollyon looked down at the bull as Apis gave a cheeky grin.

“No.”

Author's Note:

And thus we have the chapter. Need criticism to help improve and if anyone has an idea to avoid the repetitive use of babbling for the fillies then please share.