• Published 6th Apr 2020
  • 1,467 Views, 17 Comments

The cool children - therandomone95



Spike, Button Mash and Pipsqueak are the losers of their school, and when some dark and ancient magic bottle of liquid helps them to stand out, Ponyville, or even Equestria itself, is in danger.

  • ...
1
 17
 1,467

13. Ending / Epilogue: Voices in my head

Chapter 13 / Epilogue: Voices in my head

Spike and Button Mash woke up in a comfy bed. They weren't exactly sure what happened, but they were sure that it was painful. They looked up and they saw that they were in a hospital. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Is your head buzzing too?" Asked Button, to which Spike nodded slowly.

"Yeah... But I also feel weird...er than usual."

"It feels like you're missing a part of yourself, doesn't it?" Both boys turned their heads and saw that Rumble and Scootaloo were next to them, and by the looks of it, they had been badly hurt. They knew they probably attempted to kill themselves in that fire, but they didn't know they would survive with that many injuries.

"Rumble? Scootaloo?"

"It hurts like a motherfucker, Spike." Said Scootaloo in a pained tone.

"Wait, you mean...?"

"Yep, we felt it too, Button." Said Rumble, trying to form a smile but failing.

"Spike, be honest. What are they saying about us?" Asked Scootaloo with concern.

"Well... Nopony knows that you started the fire yet, but many are starting to suspect you, since you were the most hurt and you were acting weird that night."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah... Sorry."

"Don't be. We're all better off... That evil soda was starting to say some really messed up stuff, guys." Said Rumble. Spike just acted naturally.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Said Button.

"Give everypony a potion to make everypony happy. Hah, he was crazy if he thought we were going to do it, am I right?"

Button looked at Spike with a deadpan expression. "Y-yeah, crazy." Said Spike, sheepishly.

"Wait, but why are we here?" Asked Button, trying to not get the urge to kill Spike.

"I don't know, everypony else seems fine to me, I guess you two were the most damaged by the dark magic." Said Scootaloo, trying to shrug but failing.

"Really? How long have we been here?"

"About a day or so. Hey, Spike." Spike looked at Rumble, who smiled at him. "Do you remember the day I told you about the potion?"

"Yeah, I remember."

"Do you remember how much I told you was the price?"

"Yeah, you told me it was 100 bits. But I also remember that the pony selling them gave them to me for 80 bits. Why did you say that, then?"

"My plan was that you gave the money to me so I could buy you your potions and keep the rest. It didn't really work out."

"Why?"

"Because the situation in his home wasn't very good; also because he wanted to buy me something nice." Added Scootaloo, smiling at Rumble. Rumble gave her a smile too.

"Oooh, that makes more sense... But why are you telling me this?"

"So you don't feel guilty about yourself. The ponies selling those potions promised us that our lives would change forever if we did whatever the potion told us to, and when we saw the figure of somepony we trusted give us instructions we kinda just went with it." Said Scootaloo sadly.

"Yeah, I saw my older brother, and he was actually being nice to me, so I guess I did whatever he said; like telling you about the potions or spreading their reach." Said Rumble, looking down in shame.

"And I saw a fake Rainbow Dash, but I mostly did whatever it demanded of me because I could actually fly with the potion; now I'm stuck to the ground again." Said Scootaloo sadly.

Spike looked down as he remembered the things he had done under the fake Rarity's influence. It could be plausible that Pipsqueak still didn't forgive him, Snips, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon hated him and that now things would be even worse for him and Button.

"But, you see, Scootaloo and I were talking while we were here, and we figured out that we didn't actually need those stupid potions to be together. And we also didn't really need to change who we were." Said Rumble.

"Yeah, so when we get out of here, everypony will know and learn to love the real Scootaloo."

"And the real Rumble." He added.

"Wait, there's still one thing I don't understand, how is it that all the dark magic is gone? Apple Bloom was the one that drank the potion, right?" Asked Button, to which Rumble and Scootaloo tried to shrug, but couldn't quite do it.

"Beats me, but I ain't complaining though. Maybe you should ask your... Uhh... Mother? Sister? Boss? Twilight Sparkle. She's been here since you arrived, by the way." Said Scootaloo, turning to Spike.

"Wait, really? She's been here all this time?" Asked Spike in surprise.

"Yes I have." Everyone looked at the doorway, and there was a purple alicorn standing there, smiling at the group. Then, Twilight approached Spike, giving him a scroll and a quill.

"Twilight? What happened? All I remember was that noise and... There was nothing else, just black."

"Aw man, Spike, the princess is a genius. Everypony was communicating with each other mentally, and if you compare the type of structure of the dark magic they had in their bodies, then the potion the princess gave us created a disturbance in the air that-"

"Twilight, please. My head still hurts." Said Spike, rubbing his head.

"Oh, right, sorry... Well, it turns out that we only needed somepony linked to the rest to drink the potion to wipe out the dark magic in a single blast. Even the magic in the water is gone now." Said Twilight quietly.

"What?! If that was the case, then why didn't we just grab some random pony and make them drink it?!" Asked Button in annoyance.

An awkward silence filled the room for a couple of moments that seemed to last for hours.









A VERY AWKWARD silence filled the room for a couple of moments before Spike broke it.

"I don't get it." Said Spike, looking down.

"Well, if you really want to learn magic chemistry I can-"

"No, Twilight. It's just... After all I did... You were still there for me, why?" Said Spike, looking at Twilight with genuine confusion. Twilight smiled at him and hugged Spike softly.

"Because a lot of stuff you said was right, I haven't really been good to you in a long time... But that stops today! Now you're going to see some serious changes in our lives, Spike."

Everypony in the room let out a quiet 'dawwww', except Scootaloo, who just smiled.

"Oh! That reminds me... Button Mash!" Button looked at the princess. "There's somepony else I brought along."

"Button?" The colt looked to the doorway in awe. His mom was there! But there was something in her voice that wasn't very normal.

"Mom?"

"Are you okay, Sweetie?"

"Yes, mom, I'm okay."

"Oh, thank Celestia you're okay... Because you're GROUNDED!"

Button looked at her with even more surprise. His mom hadn't grounded him in a very long period of time. "Wait, what?"

"You almost enslaved Ponyville! From now on, you will... What?" Button's mom noticed that he was looking at her in a funny way.

"I'm sorry, it's just that... that attitude looks familiar."

"Well... Yeah, I haven't grounded you since your father... Well... Anyway, that is stopping today. I thought I was being good to you just by giving you whatever you wanted and never asking you about your day, but I now realize that I was just scared of being a real mother. Now we're definitely going to have some changes, young one!"

"Which reminds me, Spike, the scroll and quill I gave you are for your lesson." Said Twilight, looking at Spike in an almost annoyed way.

"What?"

"That's right, and don't tell me you and Button haven't learned anything new!"

Spike looked at the blank scroll in silence for a few moments, he looked at Button Mash for a moment before both of them nodded in unison. Then, Spike started writing his letter to Princess Celestia, and the very words that would go into the friendship journal. After a few moments, Spike was finished. Spike rolled up the scroll and blew it away, the scroll disappeared in a ball of fire.

'What was that?' Thought Spike.

'It seemed like we agreed on what Spike should write... Without talking? Meh, whatever.' Thought Button.

"Now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business, Spike." Said Twilight, looking at Spike with suggestive eyes.

"You too, Button. Who is this 'Sweetie Belle' pony? And why did I hear about her from Miss Twilight instead of you?" Asked Button's mom in a firm tone.

"Yeah, and what about you and Apple Bloom?" Asked Twilight.

Spike and Button grunted before Spike began: "It doesn't matter anymore."

"Yeah, we'll be lucky if they want to live in the same town as us." Finished Button.

Everypony in the room laughed, except Rumble and Scootaloo, who giggled because it hurt them to laugh.

"What?" Asked the two boys in confusion.

"Nothing, Spike." Said Twilight, not quite stopping with her giggles.

"Yeah, it's just reassuring to know that you are still you, boys." Said Button's mom with a smile.

"What do you mean?" Asked Spike.

"You still don't know anything about girls." Said Twilight with a comforting smile.

"Button, when you see Sweetie Belle, give her a rose! Or maybe you could compliment her on how she looks! Just be sure to be a gentlecolt with her, honey." Said Button's mom.

"Just say to Apple Bloom that you appreciate that she is smart, Spike. I'm sure I still have a romance book you can borrow." Assured Twilight.

"Or you could join the crusaders!" Added Scootaloo from the back. "We still need more members!"

"Nah, you two should just tell them that you have the hots for them." Said Rumble, getting the attention from everypony in the room. "What? I said I would be true from now on, right?"

"You should listen to me, and everything will be fine." Was all the boys could hear in the room for the next hour.

'Oh boy, this will be interesting.' Thought the boys in unison, preparing themselves for a really fun, exciting, adrenaline-filled morning of everypony's opinions.


That evening, Button Mash and Spike got out of the hospital, since they weren't really hurt. They recalled Twilight saying that they should go to Ponyville's center. As they were walking, Spike decided to ask Button Mash something about what happened earlier.

"Hey, Button."

"Hmm?"

"Do you know what happened earlier?"

"What? About how I knew-"

"-What I should write? Hey! It's happening again! I can guess what you're-"

"-About to say?"

Both boys were surprised at themselves, it seemed like they were linked somehow! But why? Or maybe these were just big coincidences and they should be jinxing each other.

"Should we worry about that?" Asked Button.

"Well... I don't see my fake Rarity telling me what to do. And you?"

"Nope, I don't see my fake dad."

"Then it's all good. Let's just see what Twilight wants us to see."

Button nodded and kept walking along with Spike. They eventually reached Ponyville's center. But there was a place they wanted to avoid, which they couldn't. They had to walk by the theater. When the boys reached the ashes of what was once the theater, they gulped. They had expected everypony to be in a certain mood for what happened, but it seemed like everypony was quite calmed; even better, they were in a great mood and they were waving at them! Spike and Button saw no other option other than wave back.

"Why is everypony in such a good mood?" Asked Spike to Button quietly.

"I don't know, but I'm not complaining."

"True."

Afterwards, they saw a group of foals they knew gathered in a circle. Once they were in sight, the group stared at them and proceeded to run towards them. They were no other than Pipsqueak, Dinky, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Snips, Snails and Featherweight.

"Spike... Button..." Said Diamond Tiara in a cold tone.

"Umm... Hi, everypony?" Said Button, expecting a bunch of insults or punches to be thrown at them; but he was incredibly surprised and relieved when he saw himself being carried by Snails and Featherweight.

"What took you so long?" Asked Pipsqueak happily.

"Yeah! We were waiting for you two!" Added Snips.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Asked Button.

"Oh! Miss Cheerilee said the classes would start next week, since she isn't feeling too well." Said Featherweight.

"Wait, so you guys are mad or..." Spike tried to figure out what was happening, but didn't find a logical explanation for this.

"We don't know why either, but since we all did ecstasy outside of the theater, I feel closer to everypony! Like, we're connected!" Said Silver Spoon, looking at everypony else, and they looked back at her with the same amount of happiness in their eyes. Snails and Featherweight placed Button down again.

"Maybe this is what the ponies who created the potion wanted." Said Pipsqueak, rubbing his head.

"Yeah... Too bad Discord had to ruin it." Grunted Diamond Tiara. "Anyways, I previously talked with your friends while you were busy laying on that hospital bed, and I'm sure that we've come to an agreement."

"Huh?" Asked Spike and Button in unison.

"We talked with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle earlier; she wanted to humiliate them like always but she was unable to do it. So we agreed to be 'kinda' friends for now." Explained Silver Spoon.

"Wait, you've seen Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle? Where are they?" Asked Button.

"Sweetie Belle went to the arcade and Apple Bloom is just around the corner of the arcade, I guess they wanted some alone time after everything." Said Snips, pointing to the street leading to the arcade.

"You're going to confess, aren'tcha?" Asked Snails, hitting Spike with his elbow softly.

"Wha-?! How did you-?"

"We were all connected, Spike. And you weren't exactly 'discrete' back at the theater." Featherweight giggled, and everypony laughed softly afterwards, despite of watching Spike and Button blush.

"Guys, just remember, you need to summon all the courage you can and jump right to it! And if you can, don't freeze all of a sudden." Said Dinky

"Yeah! And don't be afraid to show them how you feel for them!" Added Pipsqueak.

"Preferibly don't dump her on Nightmare Night!" Said Diamond Tiara, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, maybe Apple Bloom thinks that dragons are hot!" Added Silver Spoon sarcastically.

"OH CRAP! I'm very sorry for all that happened! Can you ever forgive me?" Said Spike, looking at Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon and Snips.

"Yeah, I forgive you; but don't even THINK for a second that I'll be your girlfriend." Said Diamond Tiara, rude as always.

"Same here; I'll never be your girlfriend, but I'll gladly be your friend." Said Silver Spoon, making a little bow.

"Yeah, I guess there aren't (that many) hard feelings, Spike." Continued Diamond Tiara.

"After what happened, we'll find colts who ACTUALLY want to be with us. But don't worry, we don't resent you." Finished Silver Spoon.

Spike couldn't tell if they were serious or if they were just hiding their anger. "So... You forgive me, then?"

"Yes."

"And there are not hard feelings, then."

"No."

"I'm sorry, I'm just surprised at how easy it was to apologize to you."

"Spike, we forgive you. And besides, even if we didn't, we can't actually hate you now." Said Diamond Tiara, rolling her eyes again.

"Oooo-kay?"

"Everything is fine here too!" Said Snips. "Isn't that right, Snails?"

"Wait, you were mad at Spike?" Asked Snails in total cluelessness. Snips just facehoofed.

"Oh, really? Cool!" Said Spike.

"But Snips, what about your house?!" Asked Button in concern.

"Oh, don't worry about that; Princess Twilight and her five friends offered to repair it. It was finished in a few hours, actually. Is incredible how powerful a princess can be." Said Snips happily.

"Oh, okay then. So is everything good with you too?" Asked Button again.

"Yeah! I'll be here any day you want some advice on how to get ladies!" Said Snips, to which Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon made vomiting faces behind his back.

"Speaking of which, I think you two should get going. You have to talk to them before the moon rises! We've got something planned for this afternoon and you won't wanna miss it." Said Dinky.

"That's right! You just have to embrace your traits! You know, what they like about you! Even if it's weird." Said Snails.

"And you should also make them feel like they're welcome and seen." Added Featherweight.

"Let your heart talk, even if guys aren't very used to doing that." Said Dinky, rubbing her cheek with Pip's own cheek.

"Y-yeah! And just be yourself in general!" Finished Pipsqueak, blushing profusely.

Spike and Button decided to leave the group, since the conversation wasn't getting them anywhere. "Don't worry! Everything will go perfectly if you listen to me!" They heard the group shout from behind them. Spike ran ahead to get to Apple Bloom faster while Button Mash went slower, trying to think what to say to Sweetie Belle.

"We're following them, right?" Asked Featherweight.

"Of course." Nodded Dinky.


Button arrived first at the arcade, and he saw Sweetie Belle standing in front of the window looking at the games inside. As Button got closer, his heart pounded harder on his chest with each step he took. Sweetie Belle felt like there was somepony behind her, so she turned around to see if she was right.

When Sweetie turned, their eyes met. Button was really nervous at the moment, and couldn't figure out what to say to her, while Sweetie Belle was staring at him with a blank stare. After a few moments of their staring, Sweetie sighed and returned to the sight of the arcade.

'Oh boy, I hope she at least lets me talk.' Thought Button with worry.

"Hey, Sweetie Belle."

"Hey, Button." Sweetie's voice didn't show any particular emotion; she wasn't angry at him but she didn't sound exactly thrilled either.

"So... What's going on...?"

"Nothing... I'm just staring at this arcade. Wanna join me?"

"Umm... I-if you want me to."

"Then get over here."

Button did just as he was told, and he approached Sweetie Belle with sweat pouring down his face. But, when Button saw just which arcade was this, his nervousness was replaced by nostalgia.

"Wait a minute... This is the first arcade I ever went to!"

"It is?" Asked Sweetie Belle, her voice now showing genuine surprise.

"Yeah! This is where I learned how much I love games!"

"Oh."

"Is that why you're here...?"

"Well... Not exactly." Said Sweetie Belle, now sounding sad.

"Then why are you here?"

"Because... This is a special place for me too." Said Sweetie Belle, now blushing slightly.

"Really? Why? I thought girls hated videogames."

"Who told you that?"

"I just assumed it, you know, because guys like me don't get the luck of having some special girl with them." Said Button sadly; Sweetie put a hoof in his shoulder, making him blush.

"Button, you're wrong. There are some girls who DO like videogames."

"Do you?" Asked Button, raising his eyebrow.

"Well... Honestly I didn't like them before... That's why this place is so special to me."

"Huh?"

"Yeah... This is the place where... I think I really fell in love with you." Said Sweetie, covering her eyes in embarassment.

Button was at a loss of words, was she really saying the truth or was she just pretending to because she pitied him? She looked embarassed, but if that was the case, then why didn't she say anything before? Like the time at the Nightmare Night party? Button knew he wouldn't get these answers just by standing there staring at her like some creep.

"Sweetie Belle..."

"Yes?"

"Are... Are you being serious or is this some sort of cruel joke?"

"No! I'm being honest!"

"Then... Then why didn't you say anything before?"

Sweetie looked down in shame. "Well... I'm sorry for not saying anything about it, I was just really sad."

"Sad? Why were you sad?"

Sweetie Belle sighed. "Everytime I looked at you, I always saw somepony else. Ever since you drank that potion I saw how you were starting to become somepony really popular, and I was starting to feel left behind."

Button also looked down in shame, he knew exactly how Sweetie Belle felt, and now HE had made her feel the same way. Button started insulting himself for being so dumb. How didn't he notice anything? Was he really that dense or was he just an idiot?

"Button."

"Hmm...? Oh! Sorry!"

"Did you hear anything I said?" Asked Sweetie Belle in annoyance.

"Yeah... I was just thinking of how stupid I am."

Sweetie Belle's gaze softened. "Huh?"

"Yeah... I felt the same way you did. In fact, I think Spike, Pip and I felt that way since school began. We always looked at you and we thought we would never have the chance of even talking to you. Everyday we just dragged ourselves at school to try to survive it and then we would go to this arcade or to my place to play some games. We never thought we'd get the chance to be popular... Not even that, we just wanted to feel liked."

Sweetie Belle now understood why Spike and Button had taken that potion. Maybe if she had been in their place she would have done the same thing. Sweetie Belle wanted to hug Button, but her insecurities prevented her from doing something so risky.

"Hey."

"What?" Sweetie snapped back to reality when she heard Button calling her.

"Since when did you really like me?" Asked Button with a weak smile.

"O-oh... Well... I guess I had thing for you when we first met, but I really fell for you here." Said Sweetie, looking back at the arcade.

"Why?"

"Well, I saw you here playing a shooting game, you just looked so cute laughing at the stuff happening on screen. And when you fought the final boss you had a lot of determination inside you... I liked how you showed a good attitude and resistance when you faced a challenge... But I also remembered how you were about to change your tickets for a plushie but you decided to give them to a filly next to you."

"Oh yeah! I remember that... I gave her the tickets for a plushie because she looked really sad. You know, as a gamer I think I did the right thing. If we are good to everypony else around us, the world around us gets better each time." Said Button, remembering the happiness on the filly's eyes at the time.

"Yeah... That's another thing I like about you, I like your good heart. But the more I thought about you and how you popular you were starting to be, I lost hope of being with you." Said Sweetie Belle, returning to her sad tone.

"What? Why?"

"Because I thought how everypony always looked at my sister instead of me! Stallions did it, colts did it, heck, I think Spike did it some time ago too!" Said Sweetie Belle, letting out her true feelings." And not only that, but also how I don't even have a cutie mark! Why would a guy like you be with some filly like me?"

"Sweetie Belle, there's plenty of things I like about you!"

"Oh yeah, like what?" Said Sweetie Belle, looking down.

"Well, for one, I think you're prettier than your sister." Sweetie Belle felt her heart's rate increase after hearing this. "You also have a good heart, you always try hard to get your cutie mark with your friends, and you never give up at it. And also, I don't think there has been a single time where I looked at you and haven't smiled! Sweetie Belle, you were the reason I drank that stuff in the first place!"

Sweetie Belle looked at him with a surprised stare. "Wait, what?"

"Yeah! I mean, sure, Spike and I drank it to be more popular; but Spike drank it for Apple Bloom and I drank it for you!" Sweetie was taken back. "And that wasn't it! When my fake dad was telling me what I had to do, I did whatever he asked me to because I thought you would like me in the end!"

"Wait... So you're saying that...?"

"That I changed who I am because of you? Of course I did! Sweetie Belle, I did all that because I wanted to be with you from the very beginning!"

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I was tired of being the loser, and when my dad told me to get popular before confessing to you, I went with it." Said Button, looking away in shame. His stare was brought back to the filly when he heard Sweetie Belle laughing softly.

"Wait, what did I say...?"

"Oh, Button, we are just the worst!" Said Sweetie Belle, laughing some more.

"What?"

"I mean, I have been doing the same for you!"

"Huh? You drank a potion?"

"No! I mean, since I started liking you, I've been returning to this arcade every week to get more into videogames! I thought that maybe you'd like me more if I was into videogames! But that's not it! I also have been buying comics from a long time! Now I never miss a single edition of Supermare thanks to you!"

Button smiled at Sweetie Belle. "Wait, you like Supermare too?"

"Yeah! I specially liked when she threw that big robot into the ocean!"

"Aw man, I really like that edition!"

"I know, right?"

Both of them laughed, now being completely confident around the other. Now it was time to make the big question, because if Button didn't ask it at that time, he probably wouldn't have the strength to do it in any other moment.

"Hey, Sweetie Belle?"

"Yes, Button?"

"Do you... Maybe... I don't know..."

"Yes...?"

"Maybe... Do you want to...?"

"Yeeees...?"

"Go to see the next Supermare movie with me?"

"You mean like a date?"

Button considered the question, was he really sure he wanted to risk it and say yes? Or should he just stay as her friend, like his dad would've suggested? All things considered, Sweetie could still be mad at him for ruining the show. Maybe the most rational thing to do was to stay as her friend and do something nice for her later.

But then again, the thought of somepony else dating Sweetie sent shivers down his spine.

'You know what? Fuck it!' "Yes, but if you don't want to we could go as frie-"

Sweetie Belle gave Button a sudden hug, which took him completely by surprise. "Of course I'll go as your date! I'd love to!"

Then, out of nowhere, Sweetie gave Button a big kiss on his lips. To say Button was unprepared was wrong. He was caught with his guard down entirely. The kiss lasted for about three seconds, but they were enough to get Button dizzy from all the emotions he was experiencing at the moment. After Sweetie let Button go, he fell down on the floor, overwhelmed with good emotions.

Sweetie Belle giggled at Button's clumsiness, there was another thing she liked about him. Sweetie helped Button get back up on his hooves, and proceeded to nuzzle him under his chin.

"Umm... Sweetie Belle?" Asked Button, still on a trance.

"Yeah?"

"Shouldn't we take this slower?"

"Nah, I've been waiting for too long for this." Said Sweetie, not stopping at all. Button just shrugged and went with it, it was looking like it was going to be a pleasant afternoon.

"Do you think we should jump now?" Asked Silver Spoon, from around the corner of the arcade.

"Nah, just give them a few moments. I think they need them." Said Dinky, to which the rest of the foals nodded.


Spike was not too far away, he had passed the arcade and he had turned around the corner, just like his friends had told him to. Spike half closed his eyes, and he spotted a yellow filly sitting on a bench by herself a pair of buildings away.

'Come on, just go, you can do this.' Spike tried to give himself strength, but he was still very nervous. He approached the filly, taking steps slower than usual, to give himself more time to think of something to say to her.

'Should I apologize to her? Should I not say anything about how I feel? Maybe I shouldn't do this right, now, maybe I should...' Spike mentally slapped himself. 'NO! You didn't fight an entire town for nothing! Look, just try to relax... If you can.'

Spike was mere steps away from Apple Bloom, and before Spike could say a word, Apple Bloom turned around and she saw him standing there; Apple Bloom smiled at Spike, so Spike smiled back at her.

"Hey." Said Spike sheepishly.

"Hey." Apple Bloom's voice had a hint of sadness, but Spike could tell she was trying to hide it. "Do you want to take a seat?" She asked, moving to her side and patting the spot next to her. Spike simply nodded and sat down next to her.

"Apple Bloom, I just wanted to-"

"Spike, I still remember how it felt."

"What?"

"Aside from the fact that it was painful trying to resist, it felt like I'd never have to... Be unsure of anything ever again." Said Apple Bloom, to which Spike sadly nodded. "It's... Really embarassing."

"Apple Bloom, you didn't want to... I was the one who-"

"I mean, it's embarassing to know that I want things to be easy... Mine said I wanted to get my cutie mark fast and easy, that I wanted to make my sister proud without putting too much effort, and that I wanted to stop feeling like a baby... It really embarassed me to realize it was right."

"Yeah, but I don't know... I haven't met anyone who wants things to be hard..." Said Spike, earning a laugh from Apple Bloom; although, it came out as a cough rather than a laugh.

"How did yours look like?" Asked Apple Bloom, to which Spike looked at her with a surprised stare.

"Umm... Like a small Rarity." Said Spike with shame.

"Oh." Apple Bloom looked down sadly, this confirmed one of her biggest fears and doubts.

"And yours?"

"My mom."

Spike looked at her with sadness... Almost pity. He never gave too much thought about who his real parents were, since he had never even heard from them, but Apple Bloom must've at least seen pictures of them.

"O-oh. I didn't know... I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing for?"

"Because this whole mess is my fault."

"Spike, look at me." Spike looked up, and once he did, Apple Bloom put both of her hooves on his shoulders. "None of this is your fault."

"It is."

"It's NOT!" Apple Bloom's voice was firm, and Spike had no other choice than paying attention to her. "Miss Twilight told us that those ponies were selling those darn potions to ponies with insecurities or issues, because they would be the easier targets. You didn't cause any of this whole mess!"

"Apple Bloom, can I tell you something?"

"Yes."

"I don't think my magic was very effective."

"Huh? Why?"

"Well, the magic was supposed to take the form of somepony you trusted to do everything they ask, but I think mine wasn't working."

Apple Bloom looked at Spike with questioning eyes, but there was a spark of hope behind them that she hoped Spike wouldn't notice. "R-really? But why? I thought you-"

"Had a crush on Rarity? Meh, some time ago you would've been right. But I got slapped by reality."

"What do you mean?"

"One day, I was going to the boutique to help Rarity, as usual, but I saw that she was going out with a stallion from Canterlot. They looked like they were going on a date, so I kinda lost all my chances there."

"Oh... I'm sorry, Spike." Said Apple Bloom, putting a comforting hoof on his shoulder, but Spike took her hoof and lowered it.

"Don't be sorry. After that, I realized that I was just going after Rarity for her looks, I mean, I literally was a pin chushion for her and all I got was a kiss on the cheek! So I tried to live my life as always."

"I'm glad, you're such a nice guy. I'm sure that whoever you choose will be lucky to have you." Said Apple Bloom, trying to hide her sadness.

"Actually, there is one filly that I had my eye on, but after everything, I'm sure I'll be alone forever. Besides, I should've seen it coming, she is like, one of the most popular fillies in town, she was out of my league from the beginning."

Apple Bloom looked at Spike, and she saw that he was staring into the void, meaning that he was thinking about her right now. Apple Bloom just looked away before she could sigh in sadness.

"Anyway, the fake Rarity and I had a lot of disagreements, but I ended up doing whatever she said because I was being selfish."

"What? Why were you being selfish?"

"Because I did everything the fake Rarity asked me to, just because I wanted that filly to like me too."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but when all of Ponyville was controlled, I realized how selfish I was being, so I made you drink those drops before it was all over."

Apple Bloom's heart skipped a beat, did he say that he liked her? Is that why she was trying to kiss him back at the theater? No, it couldn't be possible! Her mom was trying to help HER! Right? But then again, Spike made her drink those last few drops; meaning that Spike didn't feel the same way. But maybe there was a chance that they were BOTH being helped by the magic.

Apple Bloom stopped her thoughts there, she wouldn't get anywhere just thinking about it, she needed to ask him.

"Spike."

"Yes, Apple Bloom?"

"Back at the theater, I remember I was being pulled over to you..."

"Oh yeah... Sorry about that."

"What do you mean you're sorry?"

"The fake Rarity was trying to make me believe you liked me so that I would surrender. I'm sorry you were forced to do that because of me."

"What? Why did she... You know..."

"Because... The truth is... Well..." Spike's words became harder to formulate, he knew that it was time to come clean, there was no escaping this one. "Because I like you."

Apple Bloom's heart rate was now following the rhytm to a rock and roll song, did Spike just say he felt the same way? "Spike... You... like me?"

"Yeah, that's why I made you drink the last drops. I couldn't keep you from him. So please, just because I like you you shouldn't feel weird! Just please let me be your friend."

"Spike, what on Equestria are you talking about?"

"About you and Snails!"

Apple Bloom had never been so confused in her entire life. "What?"

"Back at the first party, you told me you liked Snails, right? I knew you would be happier with him than me; so I decided that seeing you happy with him was the best choice, even if it makes me kinda sad."

"Huh? I never said... Wait." Apple Bloom remembered that day, the day where she had confessed in a discrete manner; maybe she had been a little too discrete for Spike. Apple Bloom began laughing out loud, which surprised Spike.

"Why are you laughing?" Asked Spike, clueless as to what was happening.

"Spike, you're so silly!" Apple Bloom kept laughing, which didn't help Spike. Apple Bloom saw that Spike was still clueless, so she decided to finally come clean; since he felt the same way, nothing else mattered anymore, not her family's opinion on dragons, not her own insecurities or anything else.

"Spike, do you remember specifically what I told you that day?"

"Well... You told me that he goes to the same school as us, you see him everyday there, you've known him for a long time, his name starts with an 'S' and at one point he became a guy that you'd be into." Spike thought about the possibilities, but there weren't many colts that fit her description of the guy she liked. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Snails. Unless you like Snips?"

"Sweet Celestia, no!" Apple Bloom turned away, to get the image of Snips and Snails out of her head. "Wow, you really have no idea, do you?"

"Nope, I'm pretty sure there's nopony else at our school who-" Spike was cut off when Apple Bloom grabbed both sides of his face with her hooves. "Umm, Apple Bloom?"

"It's you, silly!"

Afterwards, Apple Bloom kissed Spike on his lips. The filly enjoyed every part of this moment, he felt the same way, he didn't back away when she kissed him, and her first kiss had been with him! Spike, on the other hand, was both completely confused but undeniably happy that Apple Bloom was kissing him.

The kiss was sloppy, quick and unexperienced, but both of them were completely satisfied by it. Apple Bloom let Spike go, and he inmediately fell on his back, overwhelmed with emotions of all kind; while Apple Bloom laughed at Spike for being so clueless all this time.

"Wait, Apple Bloom... You like me?!" Asked Spike, starting to get back his senses.

"Of course! I can't believe you didn't guess it right away!" Said Apple Bloom that showed happiness for finally confessing, and some anger towards Spike for being dumb.

"Hey, on my defense I was drunk and I had fallen off a window, so cut me some slack there." Said Spike, to which Apple Bloom rolled her eyes smiling. "Since when?"

"Since you defended me from Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I think that was the point where I really just fell for you." Said Apple Bloom with a dreamy stare, remembering the day Spike had stood up for her.

"Oh, wow... That's ironic, then." Said Spike, looking away.

"Why?"

"Because that was the moment where I thought I was going to be a loser, always alone forever."

"Spike, in case you needed confirmation: I like you very much." Said Apple Bloom, smiling at him.

"I like you too... But wait, that means that... Back at the theater..." Said Spike, looking back at her when the realization hit him.

"Yep, I was talking from the heart. I guess the magic WAS trying to help us in its weird way."

"Yeah... But enslaving all of Equestria isn't really the way to go, right?" Apple Bloom nodded. "Speaking of which... Apple Bloom."

"Yes...?"

"Look, I ruined the show, I almost destroyed Ponyville... Maybe all of Equestria; I know the last thing I deserve is another shot, but-"

"Spike." Apple Bloom stopped him before he started to ramble on. "Just say what's on your mind."

"Do you want to hang out with me... Tomorrow at the park? And maybe the ice cream parlor afterwards?"

"That depends... Is there somepony in your head telling you to say that?" Asked Apple Bloom with some sarcasm.

"Maybe... But I swear, inside here now there are just regular and normal voices." Said Spike, pointing at his head.

"Hmm... I think me and my own voices in my head have made a decision..."

"What do they say?"

Apple Bloom smiled at him. "I think we'll all be happy to hang out with you." Apple Bloom then gave Spike a kiss on the cheek, which made him blush profusely.

"There ya go!"

"About time!"

Spike and Apple Bloom turned around, and they saw that the rest of their friends were staring at them from a nearby bush. Both of them blushed and looked at everything except at each other. The group laughed at their embarassment; Button approached Spike, along with Sweetie Belle.

"Spike."

"Uhh... What's up, Button?" Said Spike, still refusing to look at Apple Bloom, while she did the same.

"Oh, don't hide it, you two. Nopony here has a problem, right, guys?" Asked Sweetie Belle to the group. Everypony shook their heads in unison.

"Actually we came here to invite you."

"Huh?" Spike, Button Mash, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle didn't know about this.

"When we followed you, we thought it could be a good idea to spend the rest of the afternoon in that arcade, so what do you say?" Asked Snips.

"I'm in!" Said Apple Bloom.

"Me too!" Added Sweetie Belle.

"What about you, guys?" Asked Pipsqueak to Spike and Button Mash.

Before the boys could answer, they turned their heads, because they felt like there was somepony calling them. When they turned around, Spike saw the fake Rarity and Button saw his dad staring at them; they looked like they were wounded, and their voice was just as demanding as ever.

"Spiiiiiiike." Said the fake Rarity in a playful but menacing tone.

"Buttoooon." Button's dad called him.

"Guys?" Pipsqueak saw that the boys were staring into the distance.

"Spike!"

"Button!" Their voices echoed inside their heads, becoming louder and louder.

"Guys, are you okay?" Asked Snips, worried that they were still not responding.

"You'll never be rid of me!"

"Sorry." Said Spike, turning back to the group.

"Yeah, we thought we heard something." Followed Button, smiling at the group.

"Spike?"

"Button?"

"Oh, okay then." Snips shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm glad you're back!" Said Pipsqueak, patting Spike on his back.

"Spikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

"Buttooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnn"

Then, the fake Rarity and Button's dad disappeared.

"So, is everypony... And dragon ready for a race?!" Asked Dinky, everypony cheered.

"Okay! Last one to the arcade is a rotten egg! On your marks!" Everyone leaned forward.

"Set!" Everypony got in position.

"Come on, LET'S GO!"

The foals ran at full speed towards the arcade, hoping to get some time before it closed. No one knew what the future would hold for them, but they were sure that they could bear it. After all, now all of them were happy with each other. There was nopony, creature or magic that could break their bond; because now they were united, and united, nothing could break them apart.


Dear Princess Celestia,

I should be writing this on the friendship journal, but Twilight wanted me to share our lesson with you, and after some consideration, I've realized that this is something that I needed to do to show you what we've learned.
After these few days, we've learned some things about ourselves and the world around us, and we can assure you that our lives will be different from now on in a good way.
We learned that being accepted is not the same as being liked, because we can be accepted and feared, but we're better off being ourselves and being accepted by ponies who like us for who we are; because that way, relationships will be purer and overall better.
We also learned that, sometimes, there will be ponies that we love who go through tough times and they don't realize it; but with some help from our caretakers and our friends, we realized that we can help those who we love, whether they want it or not. Even if that means putting your hoof down, being brave for them and being honest with them.
But probably the most important thing we've learned, is that we live in a world full of ponies who will try to give us advice. Maybe sometimes they do it with good intentions but other times they'll do it with bad purposes. Not only that, but sometimes their voices will get stuck on our heads, along with more voices from the ones we know. But now we realize that, no matter how much those voices can hurt us and make us doubt ourselves, the loudest voice in our heads is, and will always be ours. We may have many voices in our heads, but the loudest one is ours!

Sincerely, from your faithful subjects,

Spike and Button Mash


Author's Note:

Unf, at last, this is finished at last!

I hope you enjoyed this story! I did my best to keep the story true to "Be more chill, the musical", but I tried my best to adapt it to a MLP timeline. Also, please forgive me if this story had spelling errors, bad orthography or messy writing, I still consider myself new and bad at writing. Then again, this was the longest story I've done, so... :derpytongue2:

Thanks to those who followed this story since the beginning! I'm thankful to those who were here since the beginning (like Kyanos_nachten for example, big shoutout to him), and if you didn't like this story, I still thank you from at least reading some of it. Please leave me a comment telling me on how to improve, because I have planned other multi-chapter stories.

That's all from me, thanks for reading this story!

I'll see you in the next story! Bye! :twilightsmile: