• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 328 Views, 35 Comments

Night-Mares in Steel - Bronycommander



Lyra and Abstraction enjoy their new life with their friends to the fullest. Yet, they encounter some new vistors. From another universe. And from Outer Space

  • ...
0
 35
 328

Chapter 3 Secrets and Friends

Chapter 3: Secrets and Friends

Art Strings woke up, feeling stained. Opening her eyes, she felt dizzy, her vision was blurry as well.

Slowly, but steadily, it became clear and her heart skipped almost a beat.

She was restrained on a chair in a very dark room, a masked stallion looking over her.

“Well, you finally woke up.” He said with a grin, stroking her mane. “I am sure I find a good buyer for you. But…first I have to make sure you’re of no threat to him.”

He reached for a knife and the foal tried to break free as it came closer to her horn, not wanting to be handicapped in a painful way.

Zap!

With a scream of pain, the stallion dropped the knife, a green glowing light coming out of the shadow, apparently a unicorn, dressed in dark blue armor, face concealed by a black iron mask.

“Not on my watch!” The pony yelled, the voice distorted by a voice changer and drew a sword. Art’s eyes went wide as it was very big, almost three times as the user.

“You think that impresses me?” Her captor taunted and drew a sword himself, both clashed for a moment before he managed to push the masked unicorn back, punching right into the face, damaging the mask.

Her apparent savior breathed heavily, and she couldn’t believe her eyes.

It was her father, a dark expression as he looked at the other stallion. “You’ll regret that!”

Abstraction swung his sword, cutting the sword of his opponent in half, he looked shocked at it before getting punched into the face, falling to the ground, knocked out.

“Art Strings, are you alright?” Her father asked worried as he freed her and the younger unicorn hugged her savior tightly. “Shh, it’s over now.”

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Princess Luna, weakly smiling.


With a slight gasp, Art Strings awoke, finding herself in the bed of the guest room.

She sighed. “Just a dream. Just a dream.” The filly mumbled and fell asleep again, unaware she was watched.

“She was just dreaming it. Anyway, a Dark horse’s duty is never done.” Abstraction let out a quiet sigh of relief as he stood in the hallway with his armor equipped before moving out.


In the morning, the young unicorn stirred in her sleep, letting out a yawn as the sun shined in. “Quite a beautiful day.”

Looking at her grandmother, she saw that she was still asleep, checking on her father and hosts too, they were asleep as well, giving her an idea.

Lyra woke up as a delicious smell entered her nose and the door was opened. “Good morning!” The little filly greeted, carrying a breakfast board with juice and toast.

“Thank you so much, little one. How kind of you.” She smiled at the warm action.

A happy smile was on Art’s lips to see her hosts enjoyed their breakfast.

“What can we do today?” The young unicorn asked before there was a knock on the door and she opened it.

“Good morning!” It was Dinky and Fetcher, both smiling warmly.

“Hi! How are you?”

“Doing well. I and my friends wanted to help out at Sweet Apple Acres, do you want to come to?” Dinky asked.

“I’d love to!” Art exclaimed and looked at her father, who grinned.

“Off with you!”

Giggling, the little filly left with Dinky.

Before anypony could say something, a yawn greeted their ears. Seeing it came from Abstraction, Kyle asked, “Have you not sleep well?

“Yeah, need another coffee.”

As he got himself another cup, Lyra asked Fletcher, “How are things going with the…Cybermen?”

“It seems the damage isn’t as serious as they suspected at first. With any luck, everything should be repaired in a few days.”

“That’s good to hear.” Jan said. “But…I’m curious to know, how did you become Dinky’s uncle?”

“And I would like to know how you met Lyra, Abstraction? If you don’t mind of course.” Kyle added.

Fletcher let out a sigh. “It’s a long story. Though, Lyra could make it easier to explain.”

“Yes, I can. If you allow me.” The mint-green mare walked up to Kyle and Jan, lighting up her horn and touched their heads.

In a dream-like sequence, the two former humans saw what Dinky and her friends went through in Africa, slightly gasping.

“Oh dear…” Kyle breathed heavily. “They went truly through a lot, but it honors you, Fletcher.”

“I know. But, this wasn’t everything.” Fletcher replied, slightly blushing and Lyra showed her guests how Fletcher, Wolf and Midnight had landed on Earth and encountered the Harmonious Guard. Both were fascinated at what they saw.

During the defense of Ponyville, Kyle and his mother took notice of a Horn of Harmony soldier with dark brown hair and green eyes, fighting determined against the attackers.

“Don’t give up! Equestria relies on us!” He yelled as he fired his rifle, hitting a cult follower with the butt of his weapon as the pony tried to melee him with a knife, knocking it down.

“Wow…Where we are from, the Harmonious Guard also exists, being one of the largest and most powerful private armies, known for coming in and out of any conflict with minimal casualties.” Kyle mumbled impressed. “But I never expected them to have such technology or determination.”

“Me neither, nor the others. And…” Fletcher scratched his back, “Believe it or not, we actually met before.”

“We did?!” Both unicorns exclaimed in surprised and the Eternal Knight nodded.

“Yeah. Lyra, would you be so kind?”

“Of course.”

And with that, she showed her guests how Dinky and the Knights had fought with XCOM.

There was a moment of silence.

“I…I never thought alternative universes could be possible like that.” Kyle mumbled. “But, how did you get to know Lyra, Abstraction?

“There isn’t really much to tell, we met in school. Just like you, I lost my father when I was nine years old. It hit me and my mother very hard, getting very depressed. But Lyra, she tried to comfort me, kept me going. She always said she liked it when drew and thanks to her, I got my Cutie Mark.” His pony counterpart told with a smile.

“Nice!”

“And it was thanks to Dinky and her friends that we got married.” Abstraction told with pride, causing Kyle to raise an eyebrow.

“How’s that?”

“It’s a long story.” The stallion replied and Lyra lighted up her horn again, showing Kyle and Jan what her husband meant.

Again, there was silence.

“Incredible…” Jan broke it.

“It’s fascinating how an unfortunate event can lead to something wonderful, isn’t it?” Abstraction pointed out.

“Yes.” Kyle agreed.

“Say, what exactly is the Dark Horse Squad? Sort of an elite of the Royal Guard?” Jan was curious.

“Not exactly. We are volunteers, severing under the Eternal Knights as their personal squad. Me, I joined to protect Lyra from threats.”

“Sounds like a good cause to me.” Kyle replied with pride.


Once the fillies arrived at Sweet Apple Acres, they saw that the other foals were already hard working. “Glad you could come.” Apple Bloom greeted them.

Art Strings nodded and joined the others with Dinky in bucking the trees and collecting Apples, enjoying it.

“Can I ask you something, Art Strings?” Noi spoke up, sounding lightly unease, yet she nodded.

“Shoot.”

“How’s your home?”

In response, Art Strings took a deep breath. “Well, my father is a famous artist, living in a mansion, making a six-figure income.”

Noi’s eyes went wide. “For real?”

“Yep. But he only spends his money on simple things. As such, I may have a comfortable life but I am simple myself and attend school in Ponyville, given my mother’s friends are there.

“Sounds nice!”

“Yes. I may get a lot of attention due to my father, but it isn’t too stressful.”

Around early noon, they were done, seeing that Tyson, along with his two fellow commanders, a hatch mouth Cybermen and a helmet weapon one were crossing their way, led by Midnight and Wolf.

“Hi there!” Scoots called out and Wolf smiled at her as Midnight took the word.

“Hello. We were just about to report the repair progress to Twilight, want to come too?”

All children nodded before a voice sounded, “Ah, good timing, I was just about to pick you up for lunch, Art Strings.” It was Abstraction, smiling at her.

“Okay.”

The group made its way towards Ponyville, entering Twilight’s home. “Welcome, how are you doing?” The Alicorn greeted her visitors.

“We are good. The ship as much damaged as suspected, repairs should be done in a few days.” Midnight reported.

“That’s good news.” Twilight smiled before a scream sounded outside.

“Help! Stop them!” A shop owner yelled as a group of masked ponies stormed outside.

The Eternal Knights wasted no time to give chase, the Cybermen joined them.

“Freeze!” Midnight ordered but the robbers didn’t react.

They chased them into a dead end, hearing another scream.

One of the robbers was using a Pegasus foal with a light gold coat, brown mane and green eyes as shield. “Stay back!” He shouted, aiming a pistol at her head, the foal was trembling.

“Drop your weapons! Now!” Midnight yelled, his blade drawn, the others aimed their weapons at the group too.

“We have you surrounded.” Tyson added, having a slightly raised voice.

One of the criminals fired at him in return and to the surprise of the Knights, he flinched at the bullets, the hits causing sparks but seemed to have no effect on him before the hatch mouth of the slim Cyberman opened.

“Such weapons cannot harm us.” He spoke in a monotone, buzzing voice, with the hatch closing as he finished and raised an arm. It fired a discharge of electricity at the hostage taker, who twitched before falling to the ground and the foal ran towards the knights, hiding behind them.

The other slim Cyberman pushed a button on his chest. A blaring, almost sonorous whistle that seemed to rise and fall in the same octave sounded as his helmet gun fired, and all masked ponies held their heads in pain before falling motionless to the ground.

“All threats neutralized.” He said in a monotone, mechanical voice.

Midnight checked pulses, giving a nod to show the robbers were stunned.

“Thank you! You saved my life!” The young Pegasus hugged Tyson, who stroked its mane.

“It was nothing, we only did what was right.”

As they walked back to Twilight’s home, the citizens of Ponyville cheered at the heroic action.

“Now, time for lunch. We see you later.” Dinky waved goodbye to Art Strings and everyone went their separate ways home, with Katja and Blau joining the Hooves family.

A delicious smell entered their noses as the group reached Lyra’s home. “Honey, we are back!” Abstraction called out and his eyes went wide in surprise.

“Uhh…I guess your meeting with Twilight got out early?” Lyra asked in embarrassment, wearing his Dark Horse Armor in front of a mirror.

Abstraction just chuckled at this. “If you wanted to try it out, you just could have asked me.”

“That armor looks like the one I saw in a dream this night.” Art Strings spoke into the round, surprising everyone.

In response, her father’s pony counterpart sighed, knowing there was no turning back. “I hate to say it, Art Strings, but you need to keep this a secret.”

“Why?”

“Because, it’s very important.” And with that, he told her about the Dark Horse Squad.

The filly stayed silent for a moment. “Sounds…cool!” She exclaimed fascinated, “But I understand, I’ll keep this secret.

Pan Fry cleared her throat. “With that settled, let’s have lunch, shall we?” She levitated a salad and potatoes on the table.

They all dished in, enjoying the warm meals, especially Art Strings as she rubbed her stomach with a smile. “That was good!”

“Glad to hear it. Leave the cleaning to us.” Fry said and the little unicorn nodded, walking into the living room.

Kyle and Jan helped their hosts, it was the least they could do.

As Lyra checked on the foal, she heard giggling, yet couldn’t see her anywhere.

“Are you my mommy?” Art String’s voice sounded from behind and Lyra saw her wearing the black Iron mask of her husband.

“Oh, you.” Lyra laughed as Art took the mask off. Suddenly, the doorbell sounded and Abstraction opened it.

“Aversion, Rue! Nice to see you!” He exclaimed in glee.

“Likewise, my friend. Can we come in?” The Earth pony asked, receiving a nod as an answer.

As Art Strings turned towards the visitors, her eyes went small in fear at the sight of the mare.

A thin coat that appeared hairless, her back was a dark indigo with her face and underside deathly white, unnerving the filly. The mane was ruddy and wild, irises a brilliant blue, fully encompassing her eyes. But most frightening was for Art Strings that on the forehead, a blood-red disk like a red full-moon was visible, veins running down her brow to give it the look of bleeding, with sharp teeth like that of Tiger in the mouth, as If the mare could strike at any moment.

Whimpering, Art Strings cowered behind Lyra.

Rue had a look of sympathy as she saw the scared filly. “Don’t be scared, young one, I mean no harm.” She spoke in a calming tone.

“She’s right, Art Strings. Rue may look scary, but she a friendly pony.” Abstraction tried to calm her down.

Somehow, his words sounded honest and slowly, Art Strings stretched a hoof out, which Rue shook carefully in return.

Art Strings took deep breaths, calming down. “Hello.” She managed to say in a friendly tone.

“Hello, young filly.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you and your family, Art Strings,” Aversion smiled warmly at her, “And we will help you however we can.”

In response, the foal smiled. “Glad to hear it. And you do exist in my universe too. Here, you are the lover of Princess Luna!” She exclaimed, causing the Earth Pony to take a step back in surprise.

After a moment of silence, he grinned. “Well, guess he’s just as lucky as I was when I met Rue.” They both nuzzled noses, “Though I am also close to Luna, being part of her advisors.”

“Guess you and I aren’t that different in terms of fates,” Kyle commented.

“Yeah.” Aversion replied before the doorbell rang again. This time, it was Derpy in her mail uniform.

“Hi, just brining the daily mail,” The grey Pegasus reached for her bag, sighing. “Brochures, this is the annoying part for me, I want to bring happy mail, not the boring and annoying one.”

“I hear ya, but somepony has to do it.” The blue unicorn pointed out.

“I know. But I also brought you some muffins.” She reached for a small bag of freshly-baked muffins, causing the Artist to chuckle.

“You shouldn’t have.”

“See it as my thanks for helping my daughter.”

“Fine.”

“Where are the others?” Art Strings asked Derpy.

“Well, they are helped me to distribute the mail around town, relieving me a bit.”

“That’s good to hear.”

“Mom, we’re done!” Dinky’s cheerful voice sounded in their ears and the saw the group walking towards them.

“Nicely done!” Her mother praised her.

“So, what could we do now?” The mint-green foal asked.

“What about showing you Trottingham?” Tungsten suggested and Art Strings grinned,

“Good idea, my family did vacation there with me and I loved it every time.”

“Sure, why not.” Kyle added, his mother nodded with a slight unease expression.

“How could I…well, look different from Pan Fry?”

That question surprised everyone, not having thought about it before. “Hmm…” Fletcher put a hoof to his chin. “I think I got an idea.”

He lit up his horn, carefully enveloping Jan’s mane with his magic. He tied it into a pony-tale. “There you go. I hope you like it.”

Jan inspected it and smiled. “Thank you. Reminds me of my younger days.”

“You’re welcome. If you excuse us, we have to report to Luna.”

“And we’d love to join you, but today’s cleaning day,” Dinky added with pity, yet earned a weak smile by Art Strings.

“It’s fine.”

“The train should arrive in around 15 minutes, so no need to hurry,” Blue said before she, her son, Nancy and Pip left with the others, Art Strings close behind.

Yet, as Fletcher turned his back to Kyle and Jan, they unintentionally got a glance of his crotch, blushing at the size.

“Oh my…” Jan mumbled in awkwardness.

A nervous chuckle greeted their ears. “I see you noticed it.” Lyra lowered her head.

“What do you mean?” Kyle did not understand.

“Well…you see, we thought we should give Fletcher something to remember.” Abstraction explained, slightly blushing.

It took both former humans a moment to get it, with Kyle starting to grin. “Hey, if I were you, I would've probably done the same thing!”

“But you are me, technically!” His pony counterpart replied and both shared a laugh.

Lyra smiled, while Jan gave a weak smile. I guess that runs in the family…just like after he saved me…

“Sorry to interrupt but…” Derpy spoke up, still there. “Years ago, when Dinky was still a baby, didn’t you say you wanted to ask Bonbon out on a date and such?”

“Oh…” Lyra’s ears perked up in surprise, “That…” She looked down, grimacing. “You see, I felt unsure about my relationships and as everyone knows how much of a good friend me and Bonbon were, I thought it was best to let others think she and I are together. Sorry that…”

The unicorn couldn’t finish as her Pegasus friend hugged her. “It’s okay.”


It was a nice trip towards Trottingham, with the citizens of the town greeting the visitors warmly. Yet, they took notice while Blue got greeted too, the expressions were rather neutral, though it was understandable, given what Blue had gone through.

Nevertheless, they arrived at the home of her and Tungsten, taking in the interior. A radio and a phone.

“Nice place you have here.” Art Strings liked it.

“Thank you. Want to play a round of Masterclass Dungeon Duels of Doom with us?” Tungsten asked and the filly grinned.

“Yes.”

And with that, the foals went upstairs to Tungsten’s room, while Blue put the kettle on to make herself and her guest some tea, also putting biscuits on the table in the living room, before turning the radio on.

It didn’t took long until the happy voices of the children sounded from above, enjoying their game, while the adults had a casual chat.

“You know, Nancy, it’s remarkable that you stood up against your husband after so long, “Jan spoke up with guilt in her voice, having been told of Nancy’s husband. “I could never build up that courage and fled instead.” She lowered her head in shame, only for her son to hug her.

“Shh, It’s okay, mom, I don’t blame you. You didn’t know what else to do. And…standing up against Ed could have it made only worse.” He spoke in a comforting tone, “Hoping we would meet again was what helped me to get through this.”

“I never had made that decision hadn’t it been for Blue being there for me,” Nancy pointed out, “You, me, Blue, we are all in the same boat.”

“Yes, I can understand the pain of your first husband,” Blue nodded, “My husband died in a terrible traffic accident.” Her voice was one of sadness, looking at a family picture.

A young Blue Murder, one foreleg holding a newborn colt, the other wrapped around an orange, golden-maned stallion in a mail-pony’s uniform.

“Marmalade…”

“Sorry to hear that. But maybe, one day, you’ll meet a stallion who loves you just as he did. Just how I met Medium Rare.” Jan tried to cheer the stout mare up, who gave her a weak smile.

“I know to appreciate your optimism but…I still feel loyal to him, I can’t tell why.”

Suddenly, the doorbell ringed, tearing everyone out and Tungsten answered it. “Uncle Shadow, uncle Tybalt!” He exclaimed in glee.

“Hi there, Tungsten, might if we come in?” The batpony asked with a smile, receiving a nod from the colt.

“Hello, you two, what brings you here?” Blue gave her visitors a friendly wave.

“We are on our break from training, so we thought you pay you a visit. “Shadow explained before spotting Kyle and Jan. “If I had known you had visitors, I’d have come another time.”

“It’s fine,” Blue replied and turned to the two unicorns. “My friends Shadowplay and Tybalt.” Shadow waved, while Tybalt tipped his hat before she explained her guests’ origins.

“Sorry to hear it,” Shadow said.

“Who is it?” Art Strings came down the stairs with Pip, spotting the two stallions and eyed them with curiosity.

“Ah, those are my friends Shadowplay and Tybalt, Art Strings.” Blue Murder introduced the two.

“Nice hat, Mr. Tybalt.” The filly complimented him.

“Thanks, but Tybalt is just fine.”

Then she looked at Shadowplay, an expression of slight shock on her face as she saw his eyepatch and cloth. “What happened to you?”

Blue and Tybalt looked at Shadow with unease as he pawed at his eyepatch for a second, knowing he was rather sensitive about his scars.

“A terrible accident.” He said with an unusually calm voice, his expression one of sadness.

“On my…I am so sorry.” Kyle’s daughter lowered her head in guilt, yet he gave her a weak smile.

“It’s okay, how should you have known?”

Blue cleared her throat. “Could you leave is alone for a moment?”

“Sure, mom.” Her son replied and went upstairs with Pip and Art again.

“So, how’s the training?” Blue asked and Shadow took the word.

“Doing good, the others treat us fair and Insistra sorts it out whenever anypony looks down on us. It’s just…Abundo. His strange preaches creep us out.” He shivered slightly.

“Yeah…took me a while to get used to that while on Earth.” The blue mare replied awkward.

“Times goes fast.” Tybalt looked on the watch mounted on the wall. “Have to go back. But it was nice to see you.” He tipped his hat at Kyle and Jan before leaving with his batpony friend.

They and Blue looked out of the window after the two, as Tybalt had a slightly nervous expression. “So…how are things going with Amber?”

Shadow chuckled. “Fine. Even after all this, she stayed with me, never judging me…It’s strange. I mean, I feel attracted to her, but not in a romantic way…” He mumbled.

“Well, after all you went through, you deserve someone like her. You got a good fate, despite everything bad you’re experienced.”

“I guess.”


A few days passed, becoming a week, with Art Strings, Kyle and Jan helping out as good as they could in the house of Abstraction and Lyra.

During a warm day, Art Strings was brushing her teeth, as Jan asked her counterpart, “I assume you gave Fletcher your thanks as well?”

“Of course, though not as my son did…”


It was evening as Fry Pan and Medium Rare crossed ways with Fletcher in Ponyville. “Hello, Fletcher. How are you?”

“I’m doing well, was just about to head to the Hooves’ family for the night.”

“Glad to hear it. I really can’t thank you enough for saving my son.” Pan Fry smiled at him and he waved a hoof.

“It’s nothing, I only did my-“

He couldn’t finish, as he kissed him on the cheek, causing him to blush. After she withdrew, Pan Fry noticed that Fletcher just stood there, frozen.

“I think you’re broke him, honey.” Medium chuckled.

As they left, they were unaware of a ghostly stallion standing next to Fletcher, waving a hoof in front of him.

“Great. How am I gonna snap you out of it?”


“I see.” Jan commented before the doorbell rang. It was Fletcher.

“Good day. I am here to inform you that the princesses want to see you in Canterlot.”

“Okay. I really like the hairstyle you gave me.”

“Glad to hear you like it.” He smiled before he saw her looking away with a sigh. “Something wrong?”

Slowly, she looked him into the eyes. “You remind me of…him.” She told with an unease voice.

“Pardon?”

“Who is it, mom?” Kyle called out, interrupting them.

“It’s Fletcher, Celestia and Luna want us to come to Canterlot.” Jan hastily explained.

“Okay, let the way, Fletcher.”

He led them to the train station, with a train to Canterlot already waiting. It was a short trip.

While living in Canterlot themselves, the eyes of the three unicorns went still wide, as it was always an impressing sight to behold.

Art Strings was distracted, not noticing where she was going until she bumped into somepony.

“Oh, sorry. Are you okay?” She looked up to see a dapper white stallion with a blue mustache and a monocle offering a hoof.

“I’m fine.” She replied, seeing an alabaster unicorn mare with primrose mane next to him, also liking worried at her.

“Glad to hear it. Fletcher, nice to see you.”

“Likewise, Fancy Pants. Those are Art Strings, her father Kyle and her grandmother Jan.”

“Ah, yes, Time Turner told me. My condolences what happened to you, but I hope you enjoy your stray in Canterlot.” He gave the group a smile.

“Thank you.”

“I love the mane style.” Fleur de Lis complimented Jan and she smiled.

“Thank you.”

Despite this minor incident, they arrived without delay, seeing that the others were present too.

“I have good news,” Time Turner stated, “We believe we are close in finding your universe.”

“Glad to hear it.” Kyle nodded.

“The repairs are going very well, in one day or two, they should be complete,” Tyson reported with Midnight to Luna.

“Excellent.” The princess of the night acknowledged, yet noticed that the navy-blue coat, an azure-white mane and piercing yellow eyes next to her, seemed worried. “What bothers you, Supernova?”

“One of our guards was patrolling one of the warehouses in the Canterbury Port, but hasn’t reported for quite some time.”

“Then we should take a look.”

“Right behind you.”

“Shouldn’t you go with them?” Art Strings looked at Midnight with concern.

“I appreciate your caring, but I trust my relative fully in keeping Luna safe. And they will call us if they need help.” He assured her.

A beeping sound came from Tyson’s helmet. “Yes?”

“Commander, we detected an energy surge in the port of Canterlot, it happened not long ago,” Glenn reported.

“The missing guard can’t be a coincidence. I will take a look.” The commander said and moved out before anyone could protest.

The knights looked at each other and nodded. “Stay here, for our own safety,” Celestia spoke to her guests before she and the knights followed Tyson.


Luna and Supernova wandered through the endless corridors, wondering where the missing guard could be, as everything was quiet, no other pony around.

“So…are you scared in the dark?” Supernova asked to break the silence and Luna grinned.

“Me? The princess of the night? Never!”

“In any case, stay close to me, darlin'! He He.” The batpony laughed.

Suddenly, there was an explosion behind them and both went to cover behind a wall. “What was that?” Luna wondered in alert.

Supernova peeked around the corner, seeing a severed metal arm, with a mounted weapon on it, firing lasers.

“Over there! I try to disable it. Can you cover me?”

“Of course!” Luna nodded and casted a shield spell on him.

The lasers had no effect, dissolving on impact as the stallion charged and it with his signature spear, having a golden grip, causing it to spark, stopping to fire.

“That should do it, but stay where you are.” He said and picked it up, examining it. “Appears to be a metal arm”, by the looks of it.

Before Luna could form any reply, she felt how something lassoed her ankle. “Supernova?” She asked before getting pulled to the ground with a yelp.

“Luna!” The batpony exclaimed before the arm gave him an electric shock, he twitched and grunted in pain before falling lifeless to the ground.

“Supernova!” She exclaimed in shock.

Turning around, she saw that she was attacked by what looked like a loose Cyberman head, looking similar to Tyson’s helmet. Bulky yet slightly rounded, one of its ears was missing, cables coming out of its neck that were grabbing her.

She attempted to use her horn but one cable also lassoed it, making her magic useless.

The Alicorn managed to get up, grabbing it by its sides as it suddenly started to fizzle, causing her to look in confusion at it.

Seconds later, the mask popped open to reveal a skull, which fell out and Luna screamed. Then the mask kept snapping open and shut, trying to encase her.

In her panic, she hit it against the wall until it let go of her, then threw it to the floor. She kept an eye on it as it crawled away. “Supernova?” She called out concerned.

Suddenly, the head fired something at her neck. Luna grimaced her face at the pain and she pulled it out, examining it. A little dart.

“You will be assimilated.” The head spoke in an electronic, monotone voice, far deeper than of the others and she taunted,

“Yeah? You and whose body?”

Her ears twitched at deep, metallic stomping sounds. Her eyes went small to see a bulky, headless, armless Cyberman coming from behind the head. It put its head back on and started to go after the mare.

She backed up, yet stated to fill dizzy, her vision getting blurry.

A high-pitched sound greeted her ears and she saw sparks, and that the Cyberman got thrown back.

Tyson charged at it, punching it into the chest, exposing wires. Then the laser hit him into his chest, sparks and he let out a scream of pain as he stumbled.

Despite her state, Luna could make out that his suit was damaged, exposing one of his cybernetic arms and his chest. His torso was still flesh, albeit with a few wires hooked up to it.

In the moment the hostile Cyberman stretched out his arm, Tyson grabbed Supernova’s spear and rammed it through the chest, creating sparks and the hostile fell dead to the ground.

Tyson looked at her.

His faceplate was damaged, exposing his face. His was slightly pale, blue eyes, almost extinct of color, strains of black hair visible on his head. His expression was one of shock and worry as he looked at the princess.

“Luna! Luna! Are you alright?” Midnight exclaimed as he and the others caught up, seeing the destroyed Cyberman. “What happened?”

Tyson pointed at the destroyed body, then the skull.

“This is what the Cybermen do to you.”