• Published 13th Jun 2020
  • 13,162 Views, 1,002 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: The Spongebob Squarepants Movie - extremeenigma02



The Cutie Mark Crusaders feel like they aren't being taken seriously by anypony because they are children. To prove themselves, they join the Mane Six on a new adventure to the town of Bikini Bottom where they meet a very energetic talking sponge

  • ...
13
 1,002
 13,162

Onward to Shell City

As the day continued, business began to boom at the Krusty Krab 2. Mr. Krabs was on the lookout for new customers, spying on the town with a periscope. It was the start of a very busy day for the finest restaurant in Bikini Bottom… The second finest since the original. At this moment, Mr. Krabs was teaching Squidward all the tricks of becoming a manager.

“Now, pay attention, Squidward,” Mr. Krabs informed. “As new manager, you’ve gotta keep a sharp eye out for paying customers.”

“Yawn,” Squidward spoke sarcastically.

As Mr. Krabs peered through the periscope, an enlarged light cerulean eye was caught in his sights.

“Mr. Krabs?” A squeaky voice asked.

Mr. Krabs gasped like a girl, dropping the periscope. In that moment, the office door swung open as six very anxious sea ponies, along with a pufferfish, swam inside.

“Mr. Krabs, we need to speak to you!” Twilight said urgently.

“Sorry missy,” Krabs responded. “There’s a talking fee of about five bucks.”

Rainbow Dash growled, swimming toward the greedy crab and spun him around. She grabs him with her hooves and pins him against the wall with great force. The way the seapony snarled made Mr. Krabs utterly terrified.

“I think you can make an exception for us, don’t you?” She growled angrily.

“Uh… No problem, me dear,” Krabs nodded quickly.

Rainbow put the frightened restaurant owner down, before swimming back toward the rest of her friends while trying to cool off.

“Ya alright there, Dash?” Applejack asked concerned.

“Yeah sure,” Rainbow huffed. “Sometimes that Krabs makes me wanna hit something… Preferably him.”

“Well… I didn’t wanna say nothin’, but… I kinda felt the same.”

“I’m really sorry about my friend, Mr. Krabs,” Twilight apologized. “But have you seen Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, or Scootaloo?”

“No why?” Mr. Krabs asked.

“They never returned to SpongeBob’s home last night,” Rarity stated worriedly. “We are ever so worried about them.”

“Well, where did ye leave ‘em last?”

“Last time we saw them, we left them to hang with SpongeBob and Patrick,” Spike answered. “We were meeting them at Goofy Goobers, and they promised they’d look out for them.”

Squidward snorted slightly, which drew their attention towards him.

“Well, there’s your problem right there,” He chuckled. “You left them with two of the biggest idiots in the entire town. If I had to guess, they’re probably lost in the Kelp Forests… Again.”

This made the girls very nervous, the possibility that the three little fillies were lost in this huge ocean was a terrifying thought. Mr. Krabs just shrugged Squidward off.

“Ah don’t pay any attention to Squidward now,” He assured. “I’m sure they’ll turn up somewhere.”

He returns to his periscope, keeping a close watch for more customers. Suddenly, something caught his attention.

“What’s this?” He asked.

His eyes were not deceiving him: There he was, King Neptune, riding a carriage pulled by a pack of sea horses. Next to the king himself sat his only daughter, Princess Mindy.

“King Neptune is riding right toward the Krusty Krab at lunchtime!”

“Uh-huh,” Squidward mumbled, unimpressed.

At this point, Mr. Krabs whooped with delight, his eyes lit up with dollar signs.

“He’s got money!”

<>

Outside, King Neptune stepped down from his carriage and turned to Mindy.

“Stay in the coach, daughter,” He said. “This won’t take long.”

“Daddy, please. I think you’re overreacting.”

“Silence, Mindy. I know what I’m doing.”

The king turned and – WHAM! – walked straight into the Krusty Krab sign pole.

“OW!” The king yelled angrily. “Squire!”

“Yes, Your Highness?” The Squire asked.

“Have this pole executed at once!”

<>

Meanwhile, before the King entered the dining room, Mr. Krabs ran around the restaurant. At one point, he changed all the prices on the menu board.

“A hundred and one dollars for a Krabby Patty?!” Twilight asked, in shock.

With cheese, Ms. Twilight,” Krabs said. “With cheese.

“That’s the biggest rip-off ah’ve seen since the Flim Flam brothers brought that doohicky tah Sweet Apple Acres!” Applejack shook her head. “Nearly done run us outta business back then!”

“Ooh, you mean the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000?” Pinkie asked excitedly.

“Pinkie, I swear if you start singing that song—” Rainbow groaned.

Pinkie (Sings):
Well you’ve got opportunity in this very community—

WHOOP! Applejack’s hoof instantly planted right into Pinkie’s mouth, instantly cutting off the song.

“No…” Applejack said. “Just… No…

“Mmph!” Pinkie groaned.

Just then, the squire walked inside the Krusty Krab 2, announcing Neptune’s arrival with a horn fanfare.

“Prepare thy common selves for his majesty King Neptune!” The squire declared.

King Neptune soon enters the restaurant, as all the patrons bow their heads.

“There he is, Squidward,” Mr. Krabs said, awe-struck. “The richest undersea monarch the world has ever known.”

“Then why is he wearing a paper bag on his head?” Squidward asked.

“Actually… That’s a good question,” Twilight admits.

“Greetings, subjects,” King Neptune said, in a kingly voice. “I seek—”

Suddenly, Neptune was interrupted by the squire’s second fanfare. He blew and blew until the king finally stuck his finger into the horn, silencing it.

“Oh, sorry,” The squire apologized.

“Ahem! Greetings, subjects. I seek the one known as Eugene Krabs. May he present himself to me at once!”

“I’m Eugene Krabs, Your Highness,” Mr. Krabs stepped forward. “Would you like to order something?”

“Nay!” King Neptune roared angrily. “I’m on to you, Krabs! You have stolen the royal crown, you cannot deny!”

Thunder and lightning followed his each and every word. The King points his trident at Mr. Krabs, as the Mane Six brace themselves.

“For, clever as you are, you left one damning piece of evidence at the scene of the crime!”

King Neptune held out the scroll, several words written in bold:

I STOLD YOUR CROWN.
SIGNED,
EUGENE KRABS

P.S. MY SEAPONY ACCOMPLICES AND I HAVE HIDDEN THE CROWN SOMEWHERE AND YOU SHALL NEVER FIND IT!

Krabs blinked in astonishment, as he read the words. At the very mention of their involvement, the Mane Six themselves were shocked.

“W-W-W-Wait a minute!” Twilight objected. “How does that even prove took the crown? We never even knew about a King in this city until today!”

“Yeah… Just how do we know that ‘you’ are even the real King Neptune?” Pinkie asked, inquisitively.

The King was appalled by Pinkie’s statement, offended as his expression showed.

“You insubordinate little sea creature! I am the one and only King Neptune and I’ll prove it. SQUIRE!!!”

Swimming quickly without hesitation, the Squire approaches Pinkie Pie and hands her a picture of the King himself. Pinkie takes the picture and studies it closely, even pulling out a pair of reading glasses from her mane. She looks at the picture, then back at the King, then to the picture… But shook her head.

This doesn’t look like you,” She stated.

Sighing in annoyance, the King takes hold of his big nose and proceeds to blow. All at once, his physique suddenly changes right before the ponies eyes. Matching the description of the picture given to Pinkie Pie, the King Neptune before them had longer red hair and beard, including a mustache, a smaller nose, redder eyebrows a more chipper physique, and even a golden belt with a seahorse in the center. All that was missing was his red coat and that paper bag.

“Whoa!” The ponies gasped.

“… I’m sorry, I take back what I said,” Pinkie said.

But the King did not answer, maintaining his stoic look. But then his cheeks began to puff out, turning red, and his eyes bulging as if he was trying to hold his breath. Finally, he gasps before reverting back to the King they were introduced to, even with the paper bag that just reappeared on his head.

Don’t ask us how this works… PLEASE don’t!

“Phew!” The King sighed. “Can’t seem to hold it together like I used to.”

“It’s that age catching up with you,” Pinkie noted, nodding.

“Tell me about it, de-de-de-de-de-DON’T TRY TO DISTRACT ME! Relinquish the royal crown to me at once, or you ponies shall be forced to witness to the very nasty things I can do with my trident!”

A bolt of electricity shot from the trident, as the ponies reeled back from the intense power.

“But… But this is crazy!” Mr. Krabs stammered. “I didn’t do it!”

“Neither did us!” Spike added. “My friends and I are many things, but we’re NOT thieves!”

Just then, the phone rings and the answering machine soon picks up.

“Ahoy, this is Eugene Krabs,” The answering machine spoke. “Please leave a message.”

After the beep, a gruff voice began to talk.

“Hi, Mr. Krabs. This is Clay, the guy you sold Neptune’s crown to. Yeah, I just wanted to say thanks again for selling me the crown. You know… Neptune’s crown.”

Mr. Krabs frantically tried to shut off the answering machine, but it just keeps going.

“Also, can you please thank those love sea ponies for telling us where we can sell it? I sold the crown to a guy in Shell City, and I just wanted to say thanks again for selling me the crown. That’s Neptune’s crown… Which is now in Shell City. Goodbye.”

Panicking, Rainbow Dash ripped the phone off the wall and hurled through the window. But it was too late. When they turned back, King Neptune’s face was consumed with rage as he heard every… Single… Word.

“Heh, heh, heh,” Mr. Krabs chuckled nervously. “Don’t you just hate wrong numbers?”

To say King Neptune was unamused was an understatement… In fact, he slowly started to rage like a volcano about to erupt.

“MY CROWN IS IN THE FORBIDDEN SHELL CITY?! WHAAAAAAA!!!”

Neptune’s scream shook the very walls of Mr. Krab’s new restaurant, as the ponies looked on nervously.

<>

At that exact moment, inside a phone booth on the other side of Bikini Bottom, Plankton and Cozy Glow listened with glee, as the results of the incriminating phone call went into effect.

“Plan Z! I love Plan Z!” Plankton cackled, after hanging up the phone.

“Now we move to step two of the plan, right?” Cozy asked.

“That’s right, kid! Come tomorrow, this entire town will be eating out of the palms of our hands!”

Cozy Glow cleared her throat, folding her arms and glaring at Plankton.

… And hooves,” Plankton groaned, with an eyeroll.

<>

“WHAAAAAAA!!!!”

The King screamed throughout the Krusty Krab 2 until he could bellow no more. He lowers his flame-throwing trident menacingly towards Mr. Krabs and the Ponies.

“Prepare to burn! Starting with you… KRABS!!!”

“Wait, King Neptune!” Krabs whined. “Please, I’m begging you! I ain’t a crook! Ask anyone, they’ll vouch for me!”

“Very well then,” King Neptune agreed, lifting his trident. “Before I turn this conniving crustacean into fishmeal, who here has anything to say about Eugene Krabs?”

*Insert Belch Effect here*

A loud belch turned all eyes toward the front door. There stood SpongeBob SquarePants and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, still slightly crazed from the night before. Among the four, SpongeBob was still very angry especially towards Mr. Krabs.

“I’ve got something to say about Mr. Krabs!” SpongeBob announced.

“Y-Y-Yeah! And this time, he’s got back-up!” Apple Bloom slurred.

But when Apple Bloom was pointed, she was actually looking outside of the restaurant with her tail towards the crowd. Scootaloo cleared her throat, as Sweetie Belle turned Apple Bloom back inside the restaurant.

“Oh… And THIS time, he’s got back-up!” Apple Bloom repeated.

SpongeBob stumbles about as he reached to the front of the gathering. The Crusaders, meanwhile, swam in a disorderly manner towards their sisters, who suffice to say looked peeved.

“Apple Bloom!” Applejack whisper-yelled. “Where in the name of Celestia y’all been?”

“We were up all night worried sick about you,” Rarity scolded.

“Just wait till we get home,” Rainbow snarled. “You’re gonna get it!”

“Hey!” Scootaloo shouted, in a dragged-out way. “YOU said we could stay with SpongeBob and Patrick! That’s on you!”

“Don’t get sassy with me, young lady!”

“SpongeBob, me boy, you’ve come just in time,” Mr. Krabs said, interrupting the banter. “Please tell King Neptune all about me.

SpongeBob faced the king, clearing his throat before putting on his best smile.

“I have worked for Mr. Krabs for many years,” SpongeBob slurred. “And always thought he was a great boss.”

“You see?!” Mr. Krabs smiled. “A great boss.”

“Until… Today!” Sweetie Belle declared, hiccupping.

“Yeah, since we now realize he’s not a great boss!” Apple Bloom added. “In fact, Mr. Krabs is nothing but a GREAT… BIG… JERK!!!

“That’s right! And he’s uh… He’s uh…” Scootaloo stammered. “And he’s fat! Fat-fat-FATTY!!!”

As Mr. Krabs shrank under every word these girls said, SpongeBob ‘really’ let him have it.

“I deserve that manager’s job! But you didn’t give it to me because you say I’m a kid!” SpongeBob yelled. “Well, I am 100% man! And this man has got something to say to you. Girls, wanna give me a hand?”

“No… We’ll give you six hooves,” Apple Bloom said. “Right girls?!”

“You bet!” The two crusaders nodded.

They all swam up besides SpongeBob and together they all stuck their tongues out, giving Mr. Krabs the longest, nastiest, wet raspberry Bikini Bottom has ever seen.

“There, I think we’ve made our point,” SpongeBob said calmly.

King Neptune looks around, while Mr. Krabs stands there in complete shock.

“Anyone else? No? Well, then…”

King Neptune lowered his crackling trident once more – Aiming right at Mr. Krabs! Mr. Krabs shook in his shell, when a bolt of lightning burst from Neptune’s trident and struck Mr. Krabs in the backside. Mr. Krabs howled and hopped around the restaurant, smoke pouring from his pants.

“Ooh! Me pants are on fire!” Mr. Krabs screamed. “Me underwear’s on fire! I’M ON FIRE!!!

Mr. Krabs quickly dives into a tub of water to put out the flames. As his bottom sizzled, he sighed with relief. King Neptune laughed, as he aimed his trident once again.

“And now, Eugune Krabs, you… Will…”

“WAIT!”

Before the king could unleash another lightning bolt, SpongeBob SquarePants, snapped out of his stupor, jumped in front of his boss. As he tried to reason with the King, Rarity quickly takes a changing wall, surrounds the tub, and fixes Krabs in a conveniently second set of clothes, the original burned to ashes by Neptune’s power.

“I’m flattered you would do this on my account,” SpongeBob said. “But being manager isn’t worth killing Mr. Krabs over.”

Suffice to say, Neptune’s eyes grew stormy as his rage grew.

“Quiet, fool!” He hollered. “Mr. Krabs stole my crown, and now it’s in Shell City. That’s why he must die. As for his seapony accomplices… Well, I actually haven’t decided what to do with them… But it’s going to be bad!”

“Dude, doesn’t it seem harsh to kill someone over a crown?” Rainbow Dash asked, scratching her head.

“You don’t understand,” Neptune shook his head. “My crown is a symbol of my king-like authority!”

“Well, I am a Princess where I come from,” Twilight noted. “If any pony can understand, I would.”

“Totally!” Pinkie added. “She practically had to go to a world of humans to regain her crown and that thief ends up becoming one of her students? Who knew?!”

The King paused for a moment, then leaned toward the ponies to whisper.

“Well, between you and me… My hair is thinning a bit.”

“Thinning?” Rarity questioned.

“Oh, Your Highness, I’m sure it’s not that noticeable,” SpongeBob assured.

The King considered SpongeBob’s words. Then, standing tall, Neptune pulled the paper bag off his head. The glare on his bald spot was so strong, it practically blinded everyone.

“Bald! Bald!” SpongeBob screeched.

Everyone in the restaurant pointed at the chrome dome, shouting ‘Bald!’ over and over. Half the two even shielded their eyes, while Neptune’s cheeks went red. He quickly placed the bag back on his head.

“All right, all right!” King Neptune said, turning to the ponies. “See? I can’t go anywhere without my crown nowadays! And without it, none of my subjects will ever take me seriously again!”

SpongeBob, understanding how important the crown was to the king, tugged at Neptune’s beard.

“King Neptune, sir?” SpongeBob asked. “Would you pare Mr. Krabs’ life if I went to get your crown back?”

“You! Go to Shell City?!” Neptune bellowed, before laughing out loud. “No one who’s gone to Shell City has ever returned.”

“Um, Your Majesty,” Fluttershy spoke. “When you say ‘ever’ do you mean as a figure of speech or…?”

“I literally mean ‘ever’, period, full stop, exclamation point!”

Whimpering, Fluttershy floated backwards toward her friends, shuddering at the thought.

“Besides, what chance would you have?” The King asked, towards SpongeBob. “You’re just a kid.”

“But I’m not a kid!” SpongeBob whined. “I can do it.”

Neptune simply shook his head, tapping SpongeBob’s behind with his long trident.

“Run along. I have a crab to cook.”

Then, once more, Neptune aimed his trident at Mr. Krabs

“NO!” Mr. Krabs screamed.

“NO! I won’t let you,” SpongeBob said, standing before his boss.

“Me neither!” Twilight Sparkle jumped in, determined.

“Me too!” The ponies and Spike said.

“Really?!” Mr. Krabs said, joyfully.

“Hey, we ain’t pleased with your money-grubbin schemes,” Applejack replied. “But not even you deserves to be burnt to a crisp!”

“Very well then,” King Neptune replied. “I’ll punish you all!”

SpongeBob hugged Mr. Krabs, who hugs SpongeBob back. The ponies, even the CMC, stand close together expecting the worst to come. Sensing they were in big trouble, they all screamed in unison.

“AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!”

Just then, Princess Mindy appears blocking her father’s aim.

“Daddy stop it! Can’t you get through one day without executing someone?”

“Mindy, I told you to stay in the carriage!” Neptune said sternly.

“Where’s your love and compassion?” Mindy asked.

She soon takes SpongeBob by the arm.

“Look at this little guy. He’s willing to risk his life to find your crown and save his boss.”

“But, daughter, I…” Neptune began.

“Please, Father? At least let him try. What have you got to lose? Might I remind you of your special problem?”

Mindy reached up and pulled the bag off her father’s head. The crowd of customers screamed ‘Bald! Bald!’ one of them even shouting ‘My eyes!’. King Neptune sighed in defeat, ultimately surrendering to his daughter’s request.

“All right. Very well, Mindy. I’ll give him a chance. But when you little champion fails to return; I get to cook this crab for good!”

“Goodness!” Rarity gasped, horrified.

Mr. Krabs began to shake again, fearing for his fate.

“And as for you,” Neptune informs SpongeBob. “Be back here with my crown in exactly ten days!”

“He can do it in nine!”

All of a sudden, the group turns as Patrick Star entered the restaurant and spoke up.

“Patrick, what are you doing?!” Spike asked.

“Eight!” The King called.

“Seven,” Patrick boasted.

“Six!”

“PATRICK!!!” The group shouted, tackling him.

On the ground, Mr. Krabs placed his claw over Patrick’s big mouth before he can make things worse.

“Six it is, then,” The King commanded.

“Fi-ve!” Patrick gasped.

“Patrick, please!” Twilight whisper-shouted.

“Shh!” SpongeBob hushed his friend.

“Until then,” The King continues, lifting his trident. “The crab shall remain frozen where he now stands!”

“No! Wait!” Mr. Krabs shouted, throwing his claws up. “I’m begging you—”

But it was too late. An icy ray blasts from Neptune’s trident, cooling the Krusty Krab 2’s dining room.

“Humph, who turned on the AC?” Squidward asked.

The, he spied Mr. Krabs. Only this time, his boss, standing in the midst of the chilly restaurant, was now encased in a block of ice.

“Mr. Krabs!” Squidward screamed.

He hurried to Mr. Krabs’ side, pounding the ice imprisoning him.

“Oh no, this is terrible! Who’s gonna sign my paycheck?”

“Seriously pal?!” Rainbow cried, exasperated.

“Come along, Mindy,” King Neptune commanded.

The Mighty Monarch of the Sea turned on his heels, storming out the front door. But before she left, Mindy hurried over to speak with SpongeBob and Patrick.

“Listen, you guys, the road to Shell City is really dangerous!” Mindy warned. “There’s crooks, killers and monsters everywhere!”

“Crooks?!” Applejack gasped.

“M-M-M-Monsters?!” Fluttershy shuddered.

While SpongeBob’s eyes went wide, Patrick just stared at Mindy, completely awestruck. He had never seen a mermaid before – let alone one so beautiful.

“And what’s worse,” Mindy added. “There’s a giant Cyclops who guards the outskirts of the city and preys on innocent sea creatures!”

With each word SpongeBob, Spike, and the ponies shook at the description.

“Don’t let him catch you, because if he does, he’ll take you back to his lair, and you’ll never be seen again!”

“She’s purty, SpongeBob,” Patrick whispered.

There was no denying it, the Starfish was completely smitten by Mindy’s beauty.

“Here, take this,” Mindy said.

She hands SpongeBob a sack tied at the top.

“Ooh… What’s in here?” Pinkie asked.

Before Mindy could reply, she takes a peek inside the bag. A huge wind blew out, nearly tearing Pinkie’s face off. Mindy quickly seals the bag, while Pinkie seemed to have a permanent grin, her cheeks pushed out.

“Breezy!” Pinkie replied.

“It’s a magical bag of winds,” Mindy explained. “I stole them from my father.”

“Oh, she’s bad,” Scootaloo replied. “I like her!”

“Me too,” Patrick spoke, goofy. “You’re hot!”

The mermaid chose to ignore the Starfish for the time being.

“Once you find the crown, open the bag of wings and you’ll be blown back home.”

“Gee, thanks Mindy!” Apple Bloom said.

“Mindy!” King Neptune yelled, from his carriage.

“I’m coming!” Mindy called back, before facing the sponge. “Good luck, SpongeBob!”

Mindy turned to go when the sponge realized something.

“Wait! How did you know my name?”

“Oh, I’m gonna be queen of the sea one day,” Mindy shrugged. “I’ve learned the names of all the sea creatures.”

“No kidding?!” Pinkie replied, pulling Twilight along. “My bestie Twilight Sparkle here is a princess back where we come from!”

“No way! You’re a Princess!”

“Yeah, yeah… I get that reaction with every pony,” Twilight smiled.

“Well, let me just say this Princess Twilight—”

“Just Twilight is fine, thank you.”

“Okay, Twilight, I personally believe that neither you nor your friends had anything to do Daddy’s crown. Although it’s strange, we did have this one sea pony come into the castle the other night and for a moment I thought she might be with you.”

“Hold the phone!” Sweetie interrupted. “This sea pony, did she have red eyes? Blue mane and a pink coat?”

“That’s exactly what she looked like,” Mindy nodded. “And I swear I saw a ‘Rook’ symbol on her fins.”

“COZY GLOW!!!” The CMC spoke.

“You know her?!” Mindy asked.

“Yeah… Y’all could say that,” Apple Bloom nodded, glumly. “Ya wouldn’t know where she is, would ya?”

“Haven’t seen her since last night. But if you’re looking for your friend, I’ll be sure to keep a look out and keep you informed while you find the crown.”

Friend is a strong word,” Scootaloo grumbled.

“Ooh! Ooh! Miss Mindy,” Patrick spoke shyly. “What’s my name?”

“That’s easy,” Mindy replied. “You’re Patrick Star.”

Patrick’s cheeks turned red, as he blushed shyly from head to toe before fainting like a lovestruck fool.

“MINDY!!!” The King roared.

“I gotta go,” Mindy said, smiling. “I believe in you guys.”

“Thanks, Mindy,” SpongeBob called.

They all watched as the mermaid princess swam away, probably the one inhabitant in town who surely believes in the ponies’ innocence. As the king and his daughter left, SpongeBob approaches his now frozen boss.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Krabs. Patrick, Squidward and I…”

“Pass!” Squidward said, walking out the door.

“Eh, ah… Patrick and I—”

“Hi!” Patrick waved.

“—We are gonna save you from Neptune’s wrath. You’ve got nothing to worry about. Your life is in our hands.”

Mr. Krab’s frozen face looked down at them. Even through the thick layer of magical ice, they could hear the restaurant owner groan. But SpongeBob SquarePants wasn’t discouraged at all. In fact, he was filled with sheer determination.

“Now hold on right there, sugar cube,” Applejack stepped in. “If ur goin’ to get the crown back, we oughtta be goin’ with y’all!”

“Yeah, so what if that pickle-puss squid won’t tag along?” Rainbow added.

Octopus,” Pinkie and Rarity corrected.

“Whatever… The point is if we’re going to prove that we didn’t steal that crown, I say we go to Shell City ourselves and help our friends get it back.”

“I don’t know… Go to Shell City and risk doom with the cyclops,” Fluttershy replied uncertainly. “Or stay here and risk the wrath of a king who thinks we took it.”

“Don’t you worry about a thing, darling,” Rarity assured. “As long as we stick together, we’ll take on any obstacle thrown at us.”

“And we’re comin’ along too,” Apple Bloom spoke, standing with her two friends.

“Girls, I really don’t know about this,” Twilight spoke.

“Oh, come on, Twi!” Scootaloo whined.

“We’re SpongeBob’s friends too!” Sweetie Belle added.

“No, I mean I don’t think we should be doing this! We don’t have a map to Shell City; we don’t even have a plan when we get there.”

“There’s only one plan we do have, Twilight,” SpongeBob spoke up. “We’re getting that crown! Come on, guys!”

SpongeBob and Patrick hurry to the back of the Krusty Krab 2, with the ponies and Spike following close behind. SpongeBob unlocks a secret door behind the deep fryer. The door swung open and they leap onto the poles. A full minute later, both were in Mr. Krab’s secret basement.

“It sure is pretty dark down here,” Spike said, nervously.

“I know it is,” SpongeBob replied. “But here we are!”

“I didn’t know any of this was down here,” Twilight spoke, looking around. “What was Mr. Krabs doing with all this space?”

“Let’s just say Mr. Krabs keeps a lot of secrets,” SpongeBob whispered. “Shh! But you didn’t hear it from me.”

Eventually, SpongeBob led his friends through another hidden door into another dark room.

“Feast your eyes, my friends,” SpongeBob announced.

Flipping on the lights, the group’s eyes pop out at the sight before them: A vehicle built to resemble, if not look like, a Krabby Patty.

“What is it?” Patrick asked.

“The Patty Wagon,” SpongeBob replied, explaining. “Mr. Krabs uses it for promotional reasons. Let me show you some of its features…”

As they step around the giant burger wagon, SpongeBob points out and explains all the details.

“Sesame-seed finish, steel-belted pickles, grilled-leather interior. And under the hood, a fuel-injected French-fryer with dual overhead grease traps!”

“Wow!” The group, minus Twilight, exclaimed.

“Yeah, wow!” SpongeBob agreed. “Well come on, let’s go!”

“Hmm… I still don’t know,” Twilight spoke, with concern. “What’s supposed to be a simple recovery mission has suddenly turned to a life-threatening venture. Even if we could go, there’s a 25% chance of success whereas 75% is likely we’ll be kidnapped by crooks or eaten by monsters.”

“And you’re the fearless leader of the group because…?” Rainbow asked.

“But we need you on the team, Twilight,” SpongeBob insists. “Patrick’s the brawn and your friends all have special skills, but you have to handle the brains part. Because you’re right, we have no clue how to get to Shell City, and time is running out really, really fast… But no pressure. Because I know just how to get you to come…”

“Ooh… I feel a motivational song coming!” Pinkie said, sing-song.

https://m.

To show how committed Twilight Sparkle is to the quest, she casts an extension spell that expands the interior of the Patty Wagon. This way, they could all fit inside the wagon together. One by one, they all hopped in with more determined looks on their faces. As SpongeBob hops into the driver’s seat, Patrick looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Hey! I thought you didn’t have a driver’s license.”

“Wait… Y’all don’t have a license?!” Applejack asked.

“Eh… It’s a long story…” SpongeBob replied, sheepishly. “Fortunately, you don’t need a license to drive a sandwich.”

“Makes perfect sense to me,” Pinkie shrugged.

They all fasten their safety belts, as SpongeBob turns the ignition key, in which case it’s a spatula. The fryer under the hood boils, the smell of French Fries shoots out the exhaust pipe. Then, the Patty Wagon roared up the exit ramp, as the garage door opens. Sesame seeds flew everywhere, the Patty Wagon flying through the back of the Krusty Krab 2.

“Shell City, here we come!” The group yelled in unison.

Then SpongeBob pressed the Patty Wagon’s fuel pedal to the grilled leather floor. In a cloud, the Patty Wagon hurtled down the roadway at top speed as the road to Shell City officially begins.