• Published 19th Mar 2020
  • 1,668 Views, 581 Comments

Yugioh EQG: Ω Zenith - Banshee531



The Double X has come and gone and everyone's getting back to a normal life. But before they can relax, enemies old and new appear with a dark agenda. Will our heroes prevail, or is our world doomed to oblivion. It's time to Duel.

  • ...
3
 581
 1,668

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 4: Raging Wonderbolt

Void.

Flash and Scootaloo had been trapped within this unusual prison when they suddenly found themselves met by the mysterious Discord, who explained there was no way to escape this unusual place.

"However," he then went on, "there are two way of being set free from this prison. The first is to lose your life." The two didn't have time to properly focus on that thought before Discord showed them his mark. "The second, is to offer yourself up as a vessel for our lord."

"A Dominator," Flash whispered before glaring at him. "What are you gonna do with us?" Discord didn't reply, the room instead being filled with light. "Hey!" When the light faded, the two found they were in the same temple Discord had shown Cold and the others earlier. "Where are-" He didn't finish, his focus being drawn to the giant tablet infront of them.

Discord smiled at their amazement. "My name is Chaos Fiend, Draconequus. I am one of the Omega Zealots, servant to the mighty Zeronull. Until our master's revival, I lead the Zealots in our quest."

"You're talking about your quest to destroy both worlds, right?" Flash remembered what Storm King had told him, how Zeronull would obliterate the real world and seal them all in a dream dimension. "Why would you want that?"

"Because what greater chaos is there than the total devastation of everything?" Discord replied before turning to look up at the tablet. "Every second leading up to that incredible moment is the true beauty of him. To see you pitiful ants scurry around trying to prevent the inevitable. And when the rest of the world realises the end is near, they panic and rampage. The chaos and destruction caused will be like nothing before." He turned back to them, the two seeing a deranged look appear in his eyes. "It'll be everything I live and breath in order to witness."

"He's nuts," Scootaloo whispered to her brother as they stepped back. Flash had no arguments there.

They watched as the deranged look completely vanished from Discord's face, the man returning to a more gentlemanly vibe. "To enable this to come to fruition, we are here." He then bowed, his hat strangely remaining on his head. "We want you to lend us your powers." Before Flash could say anything, Discord snapped again.

Another flash of light transported them to what looked like a movie theatre, the two looking around. "Where are we?" Scootaloo asked, she and Flash finding they were now sitting in the centre pews while Discord sat upfront.

The projector then switched on to show the tablet once again, Discord talking as it did. "If someone is to be worthy of being a vessel of lord Zeronull, they must be a Duellist of the highest calibre. In other words, strong enough to defeat a Dominator."

"Wait," Flash thought back to all the people who'd beaten Dominators. Aside from him, there was Spike, Sunburst, Soarin and Gilda. They'd all beaten Dominators during the Double X. Was there anyone else?

The image suddenly changed, showing the image of a girl and Duel Monster Flash had only seen pictures off. Moondancer and Saltalunam. "Normally, a strong bond must exist between a human and Duel Monster for a Soulink to occur." The image changed to show Heath and Hellfire, Flash frowning at that. "There must also be a high degree and synchronisation between the two before it can be possible." The image then shifted to show Flash and his ace, the two standing side by side. "Once we find the right candidate, all we have to do is...destroy that bond."

"What!?" Flash stood up, Discord not phased at all by the reaction.

"That's why we created Void, our very own prison of souls." The image changed once again. This time, it showed an almost entirely black screen. And floating in the middle of it was a small patch of triangular rock, with a castle-like building built atop of it.


Meanwhile, back in the real world, Gilda was continuing her Duel against Novo.

The Dominated queen had just summoned the monster controlling her, Gilda ready for whatever it threw at her. "Activating the skill of Amphitrite, the Atlantean Queen." She discarded a card as the pearl on her monster's staff began to glow. "By discarding a monster from my hand, I can now change the attribute of every monster on the field to the discarded monster's attribute." The light hit Gilda's monsters and caused their skin to change into fish scales while their bird feet transformed into webbed flippers. On their necks, they grew a pair of gills. They were now Water Attributes.

"Not good," Gilda looked down at her face down. Her Protective Winds would negate any attack, but only if she had a Wind monster on her field.

"ATTACK!" Amphitrite raised her hands as a sphere of water appeared to float above it. "And whenever she attacks, she gains two hundred ATK points for every other Water monster on the field. (A3400/D2500/L8) Amphitrite threw the sphere at Zephyr, the water amount increasing until it was larger than her.

Zephyr was soon consumed by the giant bubble and it appeared those new gills were just for show, because the Harpy Lady started drowning until she exploded. "Gyah!" Gilda cried, staggering back from the explosion.

Gilda: 1600
Novo: 2400

She lowered her arms and glared at Novo. "She might be good, but she's not taking me down so easily."


Back in Void, Discord continued to explain their situation.

"Millions of dimensions exist in the universe, all stacked up against one another like books on a shelf. Your world is one such book while my world is another. The two are side by side, allowing them to rarely make contact with one another like through the Shadow Gate or due to special people like the two of you that have a connection to that world. Then there's the void, the empty space between those dimensions. It contains, or used to contain, absolutely nothing. No light, no dark, no up, no down. No life. Time and space are but distant memories here, which allows those who understand it to bend certain rules. And on this rock, I built my church. A prison, built within and named after the place itself."

Flash and Scootaloo shared a worried look, unable to believe they now existed outside both worlds. Flash then turned back to Discord, "what did you mean before about destroying the bonds between a Duellist and their monsters?"

"Once a person falls into Void, the power of lord Zeronull begins to infect them and slowly erode any bond that person shared with any Duel Monster." Flash suddenly felt the burning sensation from his hand again, Scootaloo gasping as the mark reappeared and showed that now a third of the omega symbol was coloured red. "That mark is a sign. The more it's filled, the more synchronised you will become with our lord. And when it's full, the Soulink can take place."

"No way!" Flash almost yelled, "I won't be Dominated. You can forget about using me or anyone else. Even if I can't break out, my friends will find a way to save us."

Discord chuckled, that cackle breaking out into full-on laughter before he suddenly teleported so that he stood infront of the screen.

"You really think you have any say in this? No matter how strong you think you are, once the link has been made there will be no stopping it. You could have the strongest will imaginable and you'd still be unable to stop our lord's possession. And even if by some miracle you're able to fight it off, you're not the only ones out there worthy of housing him."


At that moment, Soarin was sitting at a table outside the ice cream parlour.

He'd ordered and drank an ice cream float, but there was still no sign of Rainbow. So he took out his phone and tried to call her, but he got no answer. "Come on." He tried again, but there was still no reply. This worried him, "did the teacher put her detention or something?" He then tried to call Gilda, but also got no reply. "What's going on?

He turned in the direction of the school, wondering what might be holding her up.


At Wonderbolt's Academy, Rainbow Dash was continuing her Duel against the Dominated Guto. He had his Griffonic Commander, Ouravas, on the field while Rainbow had Prism Bolt, Rainbow Wing Pegasus and Rainbow Wing Purple Condor. It was now Guto's turn and he only had to wait until the turn after it to get his best card.

"I'll start by once again activating the Spell Card, Griffon's Horde." The treasure chest with the gem carrying griffon appeared, the counters now returned to zero. "This allows me to activate abilities without paying the cost. So now I'll use Ouravas's ability!" The number of the gem changed from one to three as three cards slotted out of Guto's deck, the man smiling at he took the cards. "I now play the three cards I gained. Three copies of Dian Keto the Cure Master." Rainbow's eyes went wide as three images of a green-haired woman appeared around Guto and gave him an orb of light.

Guto: 4000
Rainbow: 1900

"What?" Spitfire asked, "that's gotta be cheating."

"Totally legal move," Guto said with a smile on his face. Rainbow just glared at Guto, knowing this Duel was gonna be even hard to win now. "Then I'll use Ouravas's ability again," the number changed to four as he took a card. "I activate the Spell Fissure." Rainbow watched as her Purple Condor was destroyed. "Now, attack!" Ouravas flew forward and impaled Prism Bolt with its spear, destroying him.

Guto: 4000
Rainbow: 1400

"Next, I activate his ability twice more!" The number changed to six as his deck slotted out two cards, "and now I play the Giant Trunade!" From out of nowhere, a tornado and green wind swept through the field and sucked up all their cards. "Now every Spell and Trap will be returned to our hands." Rainbow's Pendulum Monsters returned to her hand while Guto's Griffon's Horde returned to him. "I end my turn by placing one card face down and activating Griffon's Horde once again." The spell reappeared, the number reset to zero.

"What's the point of all that?" Spitfire asked. "It's not like Rainbow's Pendulum Scale will be gone for long. All that did was make that counter go down." And that was what worried Rainbow.

"He knows what's coming next," she frowned. "Why does he care about that card being destroyed?" Guto didn't seem to care about her speculation, instead looking down at his Duel Disk screen and seeing the removed card.

"Just one last turn," Guto announced. "Then, the mighty beast will awake."

"Not if I have anything to say about it," Rainbow told him.

"But that's just it, you don't have anything to say about it. My Zenith Dragon will awaken and when it is, you will fall." Rainbow frowned at this, actually kinda thinking the same thing.


Void.

"Millennia ago, the universe came into creation through the power of the Numeron Dragon." The screen changed to show a golden dragon spinning in a circle, a universe forming within it. "This caused it to go into hibernation, unable to see the universe as it came into being. But what did see it were two beings, born at the same instant and wielding completely opposite powers. The power of destruction and the power of creation." The screen showed two blacked-out figures, one looking like the creature on the tablet while another looked like a woman in cloth robes with six angelic wings.

"Zeronull," Flash whispered before looking at the other one, "and that must be his opposite." His brain did the math, "alpha deity of creation."

"Her name is Harmonica," Discord explained. "She watched as the universe formed, life beginning to form and evolve over time. But Zeronull saw this as an insult. He believed all life was nothing but a disease that infected the universe and chose to battle against it." Six very different dragonic figures appeared around Zeronull, one shape Flash and Scootaloo recognised.

"The Zenith Dragons," Flash whispered.

"He granted each of them a portion of his power with intents to use them to destroy everything. However, Harmonica chose to intervene and did battle against Zeronull. To counter the power of the Zenith Dragons, she lent her power to the beings of my world. Doing so created some of the most powerful beings of our world, such as Exodia, the Creator of Light, Starswirl, the Crimson Dragon, Five-Headed Dragon and even the deadly Wicked Gods. The screen changed to show the two armies doing battle, with many smaller figures Flash recognised as Duel Monsters like Feral Imp, Happy Lover, Beaver Warrior and Seiyaryu all fighting against one another.

Flash stared at the images on screen unable to believe this all happened.

"Eventually, Harmonica managed to hold Zeronull down long enough for them both to be sealed while the Zenith Dragons were banished to another world. Your world."

"So that's why you're here," Flash realised. "You need the Zenith Dragons in order to revive Zeronull, don't you?"

"How perceptive of you." The screen once again showed Zeronull, surrounded by the blacked-out dragons. "Yes, before our master can awaken, the six Zenith Dragons must awaken. To do that, they must taste battle and claim victory." He smiled, "one Zenith Dragon has already awakened. The blacked-out image of Greaterra was illuminated. "And I do believe the second shall be awakened within mere minutes." He snapped his fingers, "bare witness!"

Flash turned back to the screen as it began to show footage from a Duel currently going on. "RAINBOW!" The siblings yelled, seeing her in trouble. The screen showed their life points, the two gasping when they saw the large difference.

"She hasn't even scratched him," Flash realised.

Scootaloo gulped, "this isn't good." She shook her head, "no way. Rainbow's gotten out of tougher scraps then this. She can win."

"No way," They heard Rainbow say a second later. "I've gotten out of tougher scraps then this. Just watch me. I'm gonna win." Flash and Scootaloo smiled at one another, Flash loving just how much Rainbow had effected Scootaloo.

"Oh, the naivety of youth." They glared at Discord, "I wonder how much longer that upbeat attitude will last." He snapped his fingers and warped into the seat besides Flash, putting his feet up on the chairs infront of him while materialising a bag of popcorn to eat. "Let's enjoy the fun, shall we." They said nothing and turned back to Rainbow's Duel.


"It's my turn." A card slotted out of Rainbow Duel Disk. "And instead of drawing, I'll use Infinite Spectrum's ability to return it to my hand. Then I'll reset the Pendulum Scale, with scale one Supporting Filly and seven Rainbow Wing Knight Osprey." The pillars of light appeared on either side of her before the two monsters flew back up into them. "Now I can summon monsters levelled two through six." The portal began to reform above her. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out and struck the ground, exploding to reveal her monster. "Spectrum Battle Wing, Prism Bolt!" (A3000/D2500/R5/P6)

"And let me guess. Now you'll use your Rank-Up card."

"Not yet," Rainbow told him. "First, I'll use Supporting Filly's ability to sacrifice herself and Wing Knight Osprey. That lets me draw cards equal to Osprey's Level." She drew four cards and nodded. "Then I'll summon Rainbow Wing Knight Kestrel!" A tornado exploded infront of her and revealed the knight of crimson bird armour. (A1500/D1200/L4/P5)

Guto frowned. With those cards, she could actually win if she did what he figured she was doing. And just as he predicted, the rainbow coloured tornado exploded around Prism Bolt.

"Now, I activate my Rank-Up-Magic Infinite Spectrum!" The black hole appeared above their heads, which the rainbow tornado flew up into. "Now I can once again evolve my monster and summon a Spectrum Battle Wing that's one Rank higher!"

Guto looked up and saw the rainbow lightning spark out of the vortex, but remained calm as Rainbow began to chant.

"Now watch, as the multicoloured forces of the universe clash to give life to this mighty being!" The rainbow tornado shot out of the black hole and hit the field, sending a mighty gust of wind across the battlefield. "RANK-UP XYZ EVOLUTION!"

The tornado exploded, unleashing a blinding light that quickly faded to reveal Rainbow's ace monster. "Spectrum Battle Wing...BRAVE REFRACTOR!" (A1000/D3000/R6/P5)

Spitfire smiled at this. And she wasn't the only one. The many students that Guto had injured in his arrival were beginning to get up, all wanting to show their support for their best Duelist. Each began to chant a familiar chanter of praise to her. "Rah...rah...Rainbow! Rah...rah...Rainbow! Rah...rah...RAINBOW!"

The multi-colour haired girl smiled at their support, turning back to Guto. "See this? This is the bond of friendship this game inspires. It's the friendship I'll fight to protect, even against an all-powerful outer god. Those are the length I'd go too. But you Zealots wouldn't understand that. Bet you've never had a friend in the world."

Hearing this seemed to affect Guto, making him begin to shake. At first Rainbow figured he was scared of being beaten, but then she realised it was instead anger that was causing him to shake. "You think I don't know about friendship? Oh, how wrong you are." His head shot up, showing a look of utter hatred. "I know it better than ANYONE!"

Rainbow and the others were all taken aback by this, but she quickly recovered. 'He's just trying to get in my head. Well, it ain't working' "Since Brave Refractor was summoned using Infinite Spectrum, you have to now shuffle the weakest monster on your field back into your deck." She smirked up at Ouravas, "bye-bye birdy."

"I think not," his face down flipped up to reveal a Trap. "Go, Solemn Sanctuary! By ditching a card from my hand, I can make one monster on my field immune to card effects this turn." He discarded a Spell card as a force-field appeared around the griffon. "Not only that, the card I ditched was Trapper's Outcry. When it's sent to the grave, its effect activates and lets me look at the top five cards of my deck and set any Trap I chose." He drew his cards and smiled before setting a card face down.

Rainbow frowned, but she wasn't beaten yet. "Brave Refractor, ATTACK!" The hyper-evolved Xyz monster charged forward, claws primed to attack. "Brave Refractor's skill!" Brave Refractor's Overlay Unit flew into his chest spike, causing it to glow red as it raised its gauntlets. "His ATK now goes up by the ATK of the monster he's attacking!" Each of its claws began to glow one of the six remaining colours of the rainbow, the light flowing out and extending them until they were twice as long. (A4000/D3000/R6/P5)

"DO IT!" The students and Spitfire all screamed as Brave Refractor reached Ouravas slashed at him in an X motion, the light carving through him and making the griffon explode.

"Gyah!" Guto grunted as he staggered backwards.

Guto: 3000
Rainbow: 1400

"Now it's time to end this!" Rainbow yelled as her pegasus flew up before spinning around, shooting down towards Guto with a loud booming noise with a rainbow trailing behind her.

Spitfire smiled, "this and her Kestrel will be enough to end the match." She turned to Guto, expecting him to panic, but he remained calm. "What?"

"I activate my Trap!" His face down flipped up, "Defence Blockade. This Continuous Trap lets me cut the damage I take from an attack in half. And all I have to do is tribute a Spell or Trap on my field." Griffon's Horde disappeared as a force field appeared around him, blocking Pegasi's attack and only pushing him back a few feet.

Guto: 2100
Rainbow: 1400

Rainbow frowned, knowing she wouldn't be able to beat him now. But, she could still keep him from summoning Ouravas next turn. "Kestrel, attack!" He bird of prey flew up before swan diving at him once again, only to slam into the force-field once again. "What?"

Guto: 1350
Rainbow: 1400

Rainbow looked over at his Trap and saw it disappear, making her realise what had happened. "It can use itself as a tribute."

"Though it should only be a last-ditch effort," Guto finished with a smirk. "We Zealots watched every single Duel that took place in the Double X, thoroughly. We know every card. Every trick. Every strategy your decks can use. And we made sure to be ready for all of them." Rainbow frowned.

"Don't worry Rainbow," she looked back at Spitfire. "He hasn't won yet. Just stay focused and work to get to your next turn. That's all that matters now." The rest of the student body cheered for her, offering words of encouragement and support.

Rainbow smiled before turning to shoot Guto the most confidant smile he'd ever seen. "I throw down three face downs and end my turn." Brave Refractor's ATK returned to normal. (A1000/D3000/R6/P5)

"It's my turn!" Guto drew his card before a golden light exploded above him, making everyone look up and see the Gold Sarcophagus begin to open its lid as a single card slowly flew out. Once it was completely out, the box vanished while the card shrank down to normal size and flew into his hand. "Finally."

"Looks like you got your Zenith Dragon," Rainbow mocked. "Go ahead, bring it out so I can wipe it out."

Guto chuckled. "All in good time. But first," the tornado exploded around him. The wind battered everyone's faces as Guto's points dropped.

Guto: 350
Rainbow: 1400

Rainbow looked up and saw Ouravas appear above him as the tornado vanished, allowing him to land infront of Guto. "Now, everything's in place." He held up the card he'd just gotten, "I play...the Spell Card Aerial Calling."

"What?" Rainbow asked.

"Did you honestly think I'd be that predictable. I said I knew all your tricks from the Double X. That doesn't mean I didn't expect something new from you. For all I know, you could have had a card in your deck that allowed you to steal a banished card or sent my Zenith Dragon to the bottom of my deck. I wasn't gonna show you where you needed to aim your strategy. Though it looks like I needn't have worried, since you haven't shown a single new ability since the Double X. How pitiful."

Rainbow seethed, watching as his card's effects played out.

Guto: 175
Rainbow: 1400

"By paying half my life points, I can now add any Wind Attributed monster from my deck to my hand." His deck slotted out a card, Guto taking it and holding it up. "With this card, I place my entire future on the line." Rainbow and everyone else just stared at him, confused. "Should I lose this Duel, then every card in my deck will be destroyed."

"What?" Rainbow couldn't believe this. The card in his deck was the only thing linking him to his host. If it were destroyed, "why would you play such a dangerous card."

"In order for lord Zeronull to awaken, all Zenith Dragons must taste battle." He pointed at Zeronull, "and you will be the offering to state its hunger. Now watch!" He discarded his other copy of Ouravas. "First, I must tribute a Wind Attributed monster while also discarding a monster in my hand with the same name." As he did this, Ouravas leapt up into the air as a powerful gust of wind blew through the school ground.

Everyone cried out, almost being knocked off their feet by the power of the gale. All they could do was hold on and watch as Ouravas was surround by the spiralling wind, which took the form of a sphere that flew up into the air while growing larger and larger each second. "How big is that thing?" Rainbow asked.


Back at the ice cream parlour, Soarin had just started his second float when he heard someone gasping. "What's that?"

He turned to see it was a woman who was pointing at something, his curiosity making him look around and go wide-eyed seeing the giant wind ball floating into the air. It was then he realised what that sphere was floating over.

"Oh no." He jumped up and ran towards his school, hoping whatever was happening wasn't something dangerous.


Rainbow and the others continued to watch as the wind sphere grew large, until something finally broke out of it.

It was a giant wing, bat-like in nature, so large that it overshadowed the entire school. The actual arm of the wing was dark blue and it zigzagged in a way that resembled a lightning bolt, while the membrane was yellow. It was then joined by a second identical wing on the other side of the orb, the wind beginning to fade as Guto laughed.

"Awaken, beast of the winds!" The last of the gale faded, revealing his monster for the whole city to see in absolute horror. "Zenith Dragon of Limitless Skies, MARVENTUS!"

The creature was a giant dark blue serpentine wyvern so large it blocked out the rest of the sky. Its lower mouth was yellow and was connected to a series of yellow dots running down the front of its body by a thin yellow line. Coming off the back of its head was a giant storm cloud-like mane of hair, white lightning surging out of it. A trio of lightning-shaped whiskers adorned either side of its face, white static electricity surging between them. The tip of its tail had a large orb with four long spikes coming off it, one coming out the end and three coming out the side. Finally, on its forehead, was a round green gem with the Wind symbol on it.

The beast looked down at Rainbow and the others before letting out a mighty roar, the force once again knocking everyone back. "It's huge!" A student yelled.

"How the heck can the Duel Disk generate something like that?" Misty Fly asked.

"Who cares," Fleetfoot told her. "Rainbow's still gonna crush it."

"Don't be so sure," Guto told them. "Marventus's Original ATK and DEF become the combined ATK and DEF of the monsters used to summon him." Rainbow's eyes went wide as she looked down at her Duel Disk, seeing that he wasn't joking. (A6000/D5000/L12) "Don't be so shocked. Zenith Dragons can't stick around long. At the end of the turn, Marventus will be banished and I'll need to replace him with one of the monsters used to summon him."

So all Rainbow needed to do was survive this turn. And that was something she could do. Her face downs were Vortex Guard, Tornado Guard and Mirror Force. When he attacked, she'd use Mirror Force and destroy that overgrown salamander. Then she's be free to attack.

"Now," Guto pulled her from her thoughts, "Marventus's skill activates."

"Another ability?"

"Oh yes," Guto nodded as the dragon began to beat its giant wings. "When he's summoned, he's able to return every card in your Spell, Trap and Pendulum Zone to your hand." A sinking feeling filled Rainbow's gut, the girl watching as her face downs were all blown off the field. Her defence was completely gone. "What's more, every Wind monster on my field gains five hundred ATK points for every card returned until the End Phase." Marventus let out yet another mighty roar, its power increasing. (A7500/D5000/L12)

"No way," she whispered before turning to everyone else. "RUN!" No one dared question her and they all ran for their lives towards the front gate, Spitfire the only one remaining behind.

"Rainbow!" She screamed over the wind, "stop this. Turn it off. Forfeit. Anything. Just stop this."

"It's too late," Guto told her as storm clouds began to form above them. "This...ends...NOW!" Marventus raised its tail before a bolt of lightning flew down and struck it, causing the yellow lines and dots to glow. The dragon opened its mouth as lightning sparked from its whiskers and began to pool together into a sphere within its mouth "RAGING WONDERBOLT!"

Rainbow watched as the massive electro-ball fired, rocketing down towards her monsters. Her entire body was frozen in terror as the sphere struck her monsters and vaporised them before continuing down to her, Spitfire's voice echoing in her ear but she remained still as the lightning struck the ground end exploded into a wave of light that blinded her before a powerful force of wind knocked her off her feet. "AAAAARRRRRHHHHH!"

Guto: 175 (Winner)
Rainbow: 0


"RAINBOW!" Flash and Scootaloo screamed, the screen going blank and switching off.

Discord let out a mighty laugh, the two turning to glare at him but found he was gone. His voice echoed through the theatre from above, "I thank you my boy." This made Flash frown.

"Why thank me?"

"If it wasn't for you, none of this would be possible. You opened the doorway to allow us to enter this world. You thought you were saving it, but all you did was guarantee its destruction."

"What?" Flash thought back to what Sombra and Storm King had once told him, "the Shadow Gate." He'd been the one to help summon the Duel Spirits to this world, including Storm King and the one that had Dominated Starlight. And because of that, Marble and who knows how many others had had their bodies stolen. "Is this...really all my fault." Before he could get an answer, the theatre was filled with light and the next thing he knew, he and Scootaloo were back in the rounded chamber. "This place again?"

"Oh," Scootaloo hugged herself, "I hope Rainbow's alright."

Flash hoped the same thing. If she'd been hurt, it'd be because of him. All of this was his fault. All the pain, all the body stealing. Everything because of what he did that day. "I'm sorry...for everything." All he could do now was sit and wait to be rescued, all the while hoping his friends were safe.


Soarin ran as fast as he could, hoping to get to the school before something bad happened.

But as he turned to corner into the school's street, he came to a stop as his heart stalled. His brain seemed to be refusing the image infront of him, screaming at him that it couldn't be real. "No." The entire school was destroyed, reduced to nothing but rubble.

He slowly walked through what remained of the gates as he looked around, trying to find the cause of his school's destruction. But then the sound of bricks made him look around and see a blue hand come up over a pile of rubble. "RAINBOW!" He ran up to that pile and climbed over it, gasping when he found both her and Spitfire laying in the destroyed bricks. Both were bleeding and covered in bruises, Soarin jumping down to sit his teammate up. "Rainbow, what happened? Who did this?"

Rainbow let out a moan, Soarin unsure what she was trying to say.

The girl wasn't actually trying to say anything. All she was doing was thinking back on the last thing Guto told her.

Several minutes before.

With the Duel over, Guto stood over Rainbow with a look of disgust on his face. "Long ago, Marventus was sealed with that statue by a human who had nothing but his own unshakeable will. To think humanity has grown so weak in the centuries since them."

Rainbow groaned, trying to reply but was unable to say anything.

"You claim to be the one who's going to stop us and save the world, but you lost to a Dominator during the Double X. And now you've lost to me. You won't go to Void. You're not worthy enough to be considered as a vessel." With that, Guto turned and walked off, leaving Rainbow to sit there until Soarin arrived.

Present.

Guto strolled down the street without a care in the world, the sound of sirens ringing in his ears. "All in all, a one hundred percent successful trip." A ringing caught his attention and made him pull out his phone, seeing it was Novo. "Amphitrite. How goes things?"

"Things are going excellent. I see that Marventus has finally awakened."

"Yes. I'm guessing you weren't able to awaken yours?"


"I'm afraid so," Novo turned to look down at the defeat remains of Gilda. The girl was currently on her knees, panting after having lost.

Gilda: 0
Novo: 1900 (Winner)

The woman held up her Dominator mark as it glowed, Gilda suddenly finding a portal opening up below her. "WOW!" She fell in, screaming the whole way down as the portal disappeared. "She was good. An excellent choice for a vessel. Alas, my cards weren't in the right order to allow me to summon my Zenith Dragon. But it will."

"I'll meet you back at base. Hellfire and Gaia-Maiden should be back by then."

She nodded before hanging up, "my daughter should be done with her work soon too. Soon, everything will be the way it should be." With that, she walked off the bridge without a care in the world.


That night.

Back at the Freeze Stadium, Cold was on the phone. Shining, Cadance Sunset, Adagio and Misty were there with him. "Understood," he told whoever he was speaking to, "you can leave it with us. Go and get some rest." He hung up before turning to the others, "that was Rainbow. She explained everything that happened at her school. Seems the one responsible was a Dominator called Ouravas, whose controlling a man named Guto."

Everyone frowned hearing this. When they'd head about Wonderbolt Academy being destroyed, seeing the Zenith Dragon on the news, they all realised it had to be the Zealots. They weren't kidding around with this declaration of war. Luckily, nobody had been seriously hurt in the attack besides Rainbow and Spitfire.

"So it was a three-pronged attack," Adagio said. "Heath comes to declare war on us, right as Flash Sentry is taken." Misty flinched hearing this, the woman having been worried sick upon hearing that both her children were in danger. "Then a Zealot shows up at Rainbow's school, just to get a single monster. They're acting fast, trying to get all their pieces into position before we have a chance to counter."

Cold frowned, agreeing with her assessment. "I'm gonna deal with this matter, personally. Our first objective is to protect the targeted Duellists. Luckily, we've gained some more information. Since Rainbow wasn't taken, it means not all the Double X finalists are being targeted."

"So what sets Rainbow apart from Flash?" Shining asked him, Cadance quickly answering.

"He defeated a Dominator in the tournament. She didn't. If it'd been Soarin and Gilda who'd Duelled and lost, I bet he would have taken them."

Adagio hummed, thinking back to the Double X. "Aside from those three, Flash's teammates were the only ones who beat a Dominator."

"Twilight also beat a Dominator," Misty told them without looking up.

Sunset nodded. "We should get them a security detail. If the Dominators can't get close, they'll be safe."

"Agreed," Cold nodded, "and we need to work on locating Flash and Scootaloo." He turned to Misty, "I know things must be hard for you. If you're not up for this-"

"Don't even think about sidelining me," Misty stood up. "I won't just sit ideally by while my children are who knows where. I'll do whatever it takes to find them and bring them home, while also showing those Zealots that you don't mess with my family."

Cold nodded, a smile on his face. "Good. Then meet up with Grand. He's going to expand his investigation to trying to locate this prison Marble talked about." He sat back. "most of the targets are already being safely watched. The only one we need to be worried about is Twilight."

"Are we sure she's even going to be targeted?" Cadance asked, "she didn't beat a Dominator during the Double X."

"But she did defeat one," Misty reminded her. "We shouldn't take any chances with these Zealots."

"Don't worry," Shining stepped up. "we've already booked her a flight home for tomorrow. But since it was last minute, the earliest flight we could get was in the afternoon. That leaves a large window of opportunity for the Zealots to get to her before she's safely back here."

"I've already taken care of that," Cold turned to look out the window. "Tidal's in Germany for his European tour. He's already heading to Paris now. Plus, I sent a little extra protection for her. Twilight should be safe."

"I hope so," Shining looked out the window too. "I just wish I could be there for her." Cadance wrapped her arms around his, showing she was just as worried. All they could do was hope Twilight would be okay.


Paris.

Twilight was getting ready for bed, knowing she had a big day tomorrow. As she got into bed and took off her glasses, her thoughts drifted to Flash. "Please be alright," she whispered before laying back and closing her eyes. Sleep was difficult to achieve, but she eventually nodded off. But as she did, she was completely unaware that she was being watched.

Standing on the roof of the building across from her apartment, staring into Twilight's window and watching her sleep, Trixie Lulamoon smiled down at her victim. "Hello again," she smiled. "I look forward to showing you my true power once and for all." She raised her hand, holding up a pair of cards that'd help her achieve her goal. Her back of her hand glowed bright yellow, revealing the Light symbol on it. "I can't wait to see how my lord feels about you as his host."

Author's Note:

Well, we all new that was coming. Hopefully, Rainbow will get her revenge later on.

PreviousChapters Next