• Published 19th Mar 2020
  • 1,633 Views, 581 Comments

Yugioh EQG: Ω Zenith - Banshee531



The Double X has come and gone and everyone's getting back to a normal life. But before they can relax, enemies old and new appear with a dark agenda. Will our heroes prevail, or is our world doomed to oblivion. It's time to Duel.

  • ...
3
 581
 1,633

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 23: Pegasi's Rise

Long ago, in the Duel Monster Spirit World.

On one of the highest mountains of that world, we find the mighty griffon kingdom.

For generations, the kingdom lived in peace and harmony. Ever since the first king, Grover, discovered the Idol of Boreas, the once scattered and desperate kingdom was united and began to prosper. The citizens were happy and living the best life they can, including a young squadron leader named Ouravas.

The griffon had gotten up that morning believing that today would be an amazing day. And he had a good reason to believe that since every day was a good day thanks to the idol. Ouravas was flying through the capital and arrived at the castle that housed not only his hero, King Guto, but also the mighty idol itself.

Guto was a proud and wise king, who wore a golden crown and sash along with a black scarf around his neck. "Ouravas," he smiled at the squadron leader's arrival, "right on time."

"Of course, your majesty." Ouravas bowed as Guto got up off his thrown.

"Please rise." He stood up and waited for the king to talk. "I'm sure you're wondering why I summoned you here this day." Ouravas nodded as Guto went on. "You see, due to your recent actions in the field, I've come to the decision that giving you the rank of squadron leader at such a young age was a mistake." Ouravas's eyes went wide hearing this. Had he done something to anger the king?

He couldn't think of anything. In fact, a recent battle they'd had the Valley of Haze army had turned out quite well. He'd defended the kingdom and didn't even lose anyone in battle. What was going on?

"As of today," Guto went on. "Your rank will be that of sky commander." At first, Ouravas sighed in disappointment. But then his brain caught up with him.

"Wait," he looked up, "that's a higher rank then squadron leader." The looked up at the king and saw him smiling at the young griffon, Ouravas realizing what was happening. "Your highness-"

"Be proud, Ouravas. You are the youngest sky commander our kingdom has ever had. And you've earned that title." The rest of the soldiers applauded hearing this, Ouravas smiling and blushing at the praise as another soldier flew over carrying the bronze armor and badge while another flew in carrying a spear of him.

Ouravas happily put the armor on and held the spear, feeling truly content with his life at that moment.

"Never forget, our kingdom's fate rests in your claws." He pointed to the idol on its pedestal. "And the protection of our greatest treasure is a duty only the greatest warriors can be trusted with."

"You can trust me, your majesty," Ouravas assured him.

"I know I can," Guto nodded. "Now get to work." Ouravas nodded and was about to march off, but then felt something. A presence. As if someone or something was staring at him.

He turned towards one of the castle windows and when his gaze landed on it, he came face to face with a giant eyeball. "What-" Was all he could say before the window shattered and something leaped into the castle. A creature he'd only heard about in legends and myth. The Fiend of the Dark Abyss, Arimaspi.


Guto's eyes shot open, the man having been asleep in a chair.

He looked around and found he was back in the lab, the computers continuing to show the reading taken as Midnight lay in the metal pod.

It was then that Trixie entered the room, seeing the look on his face. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," Guto told her before focusing on the computers. "How's it looking?" Trixie moved over to look over the reading, nodding before turning back to him.

"She's fine. The little upgrade she gave us didn't seem to cause any issues. As long as she doesn't overexert herself, she'll be fine."

"Good," Guto nodded before something new caught his attention. An alarm, making both him and Trixie looked up in shock. "Now what?" Trixie tapped at the computer before the image changed to show what was outside the bunker, allowing them to spot a quartet of people they recognized. "Just great," he whispered.


Outside the army base, Fluttershy and Team Wonderbolt were watching as a drone they had with them flew over.

"Well?" Rainbow asked Fluttershy, who was flying the drone.

The usually shy girl hummed as she stared at her Duel Disk, which was showing the images the drone caught. "There doesn't seem to be any signs of-wait, look." She zoomed in, allowing them all to see something. Footsteps. "They are new. The wind and animals would have gotten rid of them if they weren't."

"Sweet," Soarin smirked, "so someone's been here recently."

"Doesn't mean it's the Zealots," Gilda told him. "Don't get your hopes up yet."

"We still need to check it out," Rainbow stated before turning back to Fluttershy. "Can you see where the footprints go?" Fluttershy nodded and had the drone follow the footprints until they reached a door that went into a staircase building that looked like it headed underground. "That's our target. Let's go." The others nodded and stepped out from their hiding place, rushing towards the building.


Within said building, Marble and Skystar had arrived and all three Zealots were staring at the screen.

"Just great," Skystar growled. "Don't these fools realize Lady Midnight is trying to rest?"

"What do we do?" Trixie asked as the screen showed the four at the door, Gilda starting to pick it. "Even if we manage to take them down, this site is compromised." She turned to Guto, "we need to evacuate."

"But we can't risk removing Lady Midnight from the recovery pod," Skystar pointed out. "And moving the entire pod is going to take at least three of us. Not to mention the time it'll take to move it into the transport. We won't even be halfway done before they get here."

Marble hummed before looking down at her mark, seeing the new Omega Symbol around it. "Maybe the powers Lady Midnight gave us can help us out." Guto nodded, thinking the same thing.

He held his hand up before the mark glowed, unleashing a black and red light that flew up into the air before splitting into three. Those lights hit the ground and turned into a type of red and black slime, which slowly shaped itself into a humanoid figure.

Guto smirked, "interesting."


"Got it!" Gilda cried as the lock finally gave, allowing the door to open and reveal a staircase.

"Come on!" Rainbow led them down the staircase, which went down the equivalent of three stories before leveling out into a hallway. When they reached the end of that hallway, they found a large set of double doors that they managed to push open without issue.

When they did, they found themselves in a large square room, big enough that several large vehicles could fit within it. And by the look of the ramp over to the side that appeared to lead up to the surface, that's what the room was meant to be for.

Rainbow spotted another door on the opposite side and moved over to it. "Come on." But as the four moved forward, something caught their attention.

From the gap between the doors, a black and red slime slipped through before hitting the ground and sliding towards them. It was followed by a second, then a third. The three slime piles moved closer until they were a few feet away, lining up began they began to shift and mold themselves into humanoid figures.

"What are these things?" Fluttershy asked as she hid behind Rainbow.

"I'm not sure," she replied as the slime creatures started changing once again. This time, the slime began to change color while what looked like hair began to grow out the heads. Within seconds, perfect copies of Rainbow, Soarin, and Gilda were staring them down.

"What the heck?" Soarin asked slowly as they looked over their doppelgangers, seeing the three of them had paler skin and hair and their posture was very different.

"Now I'm mad," Gilda growled. It was clear she didn't take to kindly to being mimicked. "Let's crush these things," she punched her fist into her hand.

"I'm not sure we can," Rainbow told her. "They may look solid, but they're probably still slimy underneath."

Fluttershy nodded. "They'll probably just repair themselves." It was then she noticed the slime clones had their Duel Disks on their arms. "I think you need to Duel them."

Gilda smirked at that, "that's even better than smashing." She and Soarin took out their Duel Disks and attached them to their arms. But when Rainbow tried, Fluttershy stopped her.

"I'll Duel," she explained when Rainbow turned to her. "You go on ahead."

"You sure?" Rainbow asked.

Fluttershy nodded as she stepped infront of her, the Rainbow clone transforming into a clone of Fluttershy. "These things were either made by a Zealot or the one controlling Twilight. Either way, our best Duellist should be the one the face them." She turned to give Rainbow a smile, "we'll take these things down and follow you once we're done." Rainbow was surprised by the confidence she had, then turned to see Soarin and Gilda smiling at her with nodes.

Rainbow finally smiled back along with a node. "Alright," she stepped back," good luck." The others nodded again before turning towards their clones, the six activating their Duel Disks.

"LET'S DUEL!" They all yelled as the matches began.

As they did, Rainbow moved around and finally managed to get behind the clones before heading through the doors. "Don't worry guys," she stated as she ran down the hallway. "Whoever's here, I'll take them down."


Guto frowned when he saw Rainbow leave to continue on, the girl soon to be arriving in the lab.

"What do we do?" Skystar asked as she and Trixie pulled the many pipes out the side of the pod. "Summon more of those things!"

"I can't," Guto had already tried. "I guess we can only send out three at a time."

Skystar growled before raising her hand, "I'll do it then." But before she could, Marble grabbed her arm.

"We still don't know the limits of these new powers," she explained. "If you said one of them out, you might not be able to escape. For all we know, these things vanish if we get too far away."

"She's right," Trixie told her. "We need you to drive the truck."

"I'll deal with her," Guto explained as he turned to the door. "Once she's taken care of, I'll transport to the rendezvous sight and meet you there."

"You sure you wanna risk it?" Trixie asked. "What if you lose?"

Guto smirked. "I've defeated this human before. I'm not worried." He reached the door." She wasn't even worthy of being a vessel candidate. I have no fear of her." He turned back to them, "just get out of here." With that, he stepped out of the room as the other three continued to work.


Rainbow was rushing down another flight of stairs, eventually reaching the bottom and finding herself in another corridor.

It was then she stopped, surprised by who she saw infront of her. "Guto," she glared at the man as she moved closer to her. "No," she too stepped forward, "that's not your name. Ouravas, right?"

"Correct," Guto nodded before raising his Duel Disk. "You will not be getting passed me."

Rainbow smirked, "we'll see about that." She looked around the hallway, seeing how small it was. "There's barely any room in here to summon normal Duel monsters. There's no way you can summon your Zenith Dragon. Not unless you wanna bring the place down on top of us."

"Oh?" Guto asked, "I thought you'd been told." He raised his right hand as the mark glowed, "about the Omega Field!" With that, the mark unleashed a dark light that flew out and engulfed Rainbow before she could react.

When she could finally see, Rainbow realized she was in the outer space location. "Wow," she turned back to Guto as he activated his Duel Disk.

"Still think you've got a shot?"

"I've been training a lot since our last encounter," Rainbow told him as she placed her Duel Disk on her arm. "It's time I got payback for what you did to Wonderbolt's Academy."

"I doubt that," he told her as they activated their Duel Disks

"DUEL/OMEGA DUEL!"

Guto: 4000
Rainbow: 4000

"Youth before skill," Guto gestured. This made Rainbow frown at him before she reached for her deck.

"I draw!" She did so and nodded. "I'll start by setting the Pendulum Scale, with scale one Supporting Filly and scale eight Rainbow Wing Knight Pink Owl!" The pillars of light appeared on either side of her before the two monsters flew up into them, the numbers appearing beneath them as Rainbow started chanting. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory!" The portal began to form above her head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

"The portal opened before a light shot out and hit the ground, exploding into a tornado that faded to reveal Rainbow's monster. "Rainbow Wing Knight, Falcon!" (A1600/D1400/L4/P4) "And since Falcon Knight was Special Summoned, I can add a copy of Rainbow Wing Blue Falcon to my hand." Her deck slotted out a card that she took and was about to summon.

"Hold on," Guto discarded a card. "I activate the effect of Griffonic Scout." What looked like a younger version of Ouravas, wearing normal metal armor, appeared infront of him. "By discarding him, I can pick a card in your hand and guess what it is. If I'm right, you have to put it on the top of your deck." Rainbow's eyes went wide as Guto pointed to the one in her right hand, "Monster."

Rainbow growled. "That's cheating." She placed the card back on her deck.

"You shouldn't have frozen when I played the effect," Guto smiled back at her. "Are you done?"

"Hardly!" Rainbow told him. "I equip Wing Knight Falcon with the Courageous Shield of Netitus." Said shield appeared in her monster's hand. (A1600/D1700/L4/P4) "I place a card face down and end my turn."

"Then it's my turn," Guto drew his card and nodded. "And I summon Skyborn Griffon!" A tornado exploded infront of him before exploding to reveal his monster. (A1600/D1300/L4) "Attack!" Skyborn Griffon leaped into the sky before dive-bombing towards Rainbow's monster. "Skyborn's skill!" He discarded Neo Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds, powering the monster up. (A2600/D1300/L4)

Rainbow gasped as Skyborn struck Wing Knight Falcon, who used his shield to defend himself and keep from getting destroyed. But the shield could not protect Rainbow's life points, "augh!" She cried as her points dropped.

Guto: 4000
Rainbow: 3000

"That felt...real?" Rainbow suddenly remembered what she'd been told about the Omega Field, the girl realizing this was gonna be a painful Duel.

"I now place a card face down and end my turn." Skyborn Griffon's ATK points returned to normal. As they did, Guto stared at Rainbow and watched her focus on keeping herself upright. "How pathetic. It's almost sad seeing you try."

Rainbow just shot him a glare, "I'll give you something to be sad about." She took a deep breath and calmed her nerves, "just watch. I'm taking you down."


Back upstairs, Fluttershy, Soarin, and Gilda continued to Duel their slime clones.

Fluttershy currently had her Rush Rabbit out on the field, while Soarin had his Defence Convoy and Gilda had a Cyber Harpie Lady. But it was proving harder then one might expect.

The reason was that the slime clones copied more than just their looks. "My turn," clone Fluttershy announced as she drew her card. "I summon Sacred Guardian Beast, Rush Rabbit!" The same monster on the real Fluttershy's field appeared on her side of the field. (A1800/D1300/L4)

"I Pendulum Summon!" Slime Soarin cried after setting his Pendulum Scale, three lights shooting out and exploding to reveal Jet Jammer, Sub Surfer, Armoured Assault. Within seconds, these three merged together and Soarin soon found himself staring up at Attack Convoy. (A2800/D2600/L8)

"I summon Harpie Queen!" Slime Gilda yelled as her monster appeared. (A1900/D1200/L4)

"ATTACK!" The three clones yelled as their monsters flew forward.

"I play Rush Rabbit's ability!" Fluttershy announced as she took a card from her deck and sent it to the graveyard. "I send Sphere Kuriboh to negate your attack."

"I activate Defence Convoy's skill!" Soarin discarded a card before Defence Convoy's helicopter rotor spun around, creating a shield that blocked the incoming missiles.

"Trap Card, open!" Gilda yelled as her face down flipped up, "Protective Winds!" Cyber Harpie Lady flapped her wings and sent out a blast of wind that blocked Harpie Queen's attack, pushing it back to fake Gilda's side.

Fluttershy sighed, not liking that they had to fight their own decks. "This feels horrible."

"Maybe," Gilda told her, "but we've gotta beat these fakes so we can go help Rainbow."

Soarin nodded. "This is actually good for us. These are our decks, so we know all their weaknesses. That means we can easily take them down faster than anyone."

Fluttershy sighed before nodding. "Let's do this," she turned back to her fake with a serious look of determination. "You're going down."


"My turn," Rainbow drew her card and instantly slapped it down. "Go, Rainbow Wing Blue Falcon!" A tornado exploded infront of her before fading to reveal the blue bird of prey. (A1600/D1400/L4)

"Ha," Guto chuckled, "is that painted poultry supposed to scare me?"

"Maybe not on his own," Rainbow told him as both Blue Falcon and Falcon Knight began to glow. "But when I overlay him with Falcon Knight, you might quiver just a little." Her two birds transformed into lights that then shot into the air as a black hole opened, the two lights flying inside as Rainbow began to chant. "Wings of freedom, descend upon this land, and unleash a hurricane of power." The black hole exploded in a burst of light. "I XYZ SUMMON!"

The light faded, revealing Rainbow's ace. "Rainbow Battle Wing, GOLD!" (A2500/D1500/R4/P7)

Guto remained silent as Rainbow pointed at him, "scared yet?" Guto didn't respond, causing Rainbow to growl. "Well, maybe this'll make you flinch. "Battle Wing Gold's Special Ability!" Battle Wing crushed one of the Overlay Units as Rainbow drew her card. "I look at the top five cards of my deck and if one's a Winged-Beast, I can summon it." She drew her cards and smiled, "Tornado Bird!" A tornado exploded infront of her before the bird in question flew out of it, landing next to Battle Wing. (A1100/D1000/L4) "How are those fear levels holding up?"

"They're holding steady at zero," Guto replied.

"Well, this should make it spike! Battle Wing, attack Skyborn Griffon!" Battle Wing drew its katana and shot forward. And with Tornado Bird on the field, he gains another three hundred points. (A2800/D1500/R4/P7) With a single swipe of his sword, Skyborn Griffon was destroyed and Guto grunted.

Guto: 2800
Rainbow: 3000

"Trap card, open!" He yelled as his face down flipped up, "Open Territory! You remember this card, right?" A tornado exploded infront of him before fading to reveal a strange-looking Griffon whose feathers were white on its left side and black on the other. "Meet, Gemini Griffon. (A1200/D1100/L3)

Rainbow frowned at this but knew she had to keep a cool head. "I end my turn. Battle Wing's ATK points go back to normal." (A2500/D1500/R4/P7)

"Then it's my turn," Guto drew his card and smirked. "Perfect. I now tribute Gemini Griffon in order to summon... myself, Griffonic Sky Commander, Ouravas!" Rainbow was about to state he couldn't, but then Gemini Griffon suddenly split in half.
"What?" She asked as the black and white halves suddenly transformed into full griffons, one black and one white, which were then sucked into a tornado. "It's a double tribute," she realized as the tornado exploded to reveal the monster Dominating Guto. (A3000/D2500/L8)

"Then I'll pay five hundred life points, to activate his ability!"

Guto: 2300
Rainbow: 3000

A card slotted out of his deck, which he instantly took and played. "Now, for Griffon's Horde!" The chest, statue, and gemstone appeared before him, showing the zero within the orb. "Then I'll use it to pay for Ouravas's ability, to add three Spell cards from my deck to my hand." The number in the gem changed to a three as three cards slotted out, Guto taking them and playing on right away. "Go, Dian Keto the Cure Master!" The women appeared before him and used her magic to increase his life points.

Guto: 3300
Rainbow: 3000

Guto expected Rainbow to look annoyed, but the expression she wore when he looked at her was anything but. "I knew you'd play that card," Rainbow explained as her face down flipped up. "That's why I had this card ready." The card she revealed was a Trap, "Energy Beacon!"

"Energy what?" He asked as the trap unleashed a bat-signal-like light up into the air.

"This Trap only activates whenever you gain life points. Now it lets me add a monster from my deck to my hand, as long as it has less ATK than the points you just gained." Her deck slotted out a card.

"No matter," Guto explained as he played a card. "I'm activating the Spell card, Gold Sarcophagus." The golden box appeared infront of him before a card slotted out of his deck, Guto taking it and placing it in his pocket as a holographic card appeared above the box before floating into it. The lid then closed and sealed, waiting for the two turns to pass.

Rainbow frowned, "that's gotta be his other Sky Commander card." Once he had that, he'd be one step away from summoning the Zenith Dragon.

"Now," Guto pointed at Tornado Bird, "wipe out that oversized chicken!" Ouravas took to the air and charged at Rainbow's monster. But before he could stab it, a tornado appeared infront of it and pushed Ouravas backward. Guto looked down at the source and spotted Tornado Tortoise standing on the ground, spinning its propellers to stop the attack before vanishing.

Rainbow smirked as she put the card into her graveyard, "thanks bud."

Guto frowned, "you're not out of the woods yet." With that, the Griffon's Horde's number went up to six as three more cards were slotted out of his deck. "I activate the Spell card, Ookazi!" Rainbow suddenly felt the ground beneath her feet explode, the girl crying out as she felt herself getting burnt.

Guto: 3300
Rainbow: 2200

"Next, I play the Spell card Giant Trunade!" This that, a large hurricane exploded infront of them before sucking all their cards up into it. The two returned their Spells and Traps to their hands, Guto then placing three cards into his Duel. "I'll end my turn pay once again playing Griffon's Horde, along with two face downs." The card in question appeared along with the two face down, the crystal once again showing a zero.

Rainbow frowned, Guto obviously having known what she was planning. "Whatever," she reached for her deck, "my turn!" She drew her card and nodded before pointing at her monster. "First, I'll use Battle Wing Gold's ability once again!" The Xyz monster crushed the Overlay Unit in his hands as Rainbow drew her cards and smiled, "I summon Rainbow Wing Pegasus!" A tornado exploded infront of her before fading to reveal Rainbow's equine doppelganger, who flew down and landed next to Battle Wing and Tornado Bird. (A1800/D1200/L4/P5)

"That it?" Guto asked, Rainbow smirking.

"Skill of Rainbow Wing Pegasus!" Her deck slotted out a card. "Since she was special summoned, I can add a Level four or below Winged Beast from my deck to my hand." Her deck slotted out a card that she took before slapping down on the Duel Disk. "I summon Shield Wing, in DEF mode!" A tornado exploded infront of her before fading to reveal the skin and bones monster. (A0/D900/L2)

Guto looked over the four monsters staring him down. "Quite the menagerie. But I guess it is true that birds of a feather flock together."

"You know it," Rainbow nodded. "Me and my friends will stand by one another, no matter what obstacle you throw at us." She pointed at him. "No matter how many times you knock me down, as long as I'm with them I'll keep pushing myself back up."

Guto smirked. "Respectable. But pointless. Nothing you do will stop what we've begun."

"I won't let you destroy the world," Rainbow told him. "You might have given up hope, but I've got too many people I care about in this world to let you destroy it." Hearing this caused the smirk on Guto's face to vanish.

"But for how long?" Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "You may have friends now, but how long will they last in this flawed world. A world where everyone is out for themselves." The shot her a glare, "I learned a long time ago that this world's only objective is to give you something and expect so much more back later. That's the way the world works."


Years ago.

The castle exploded as the Arimaspi leaped out and crashed into the ground, the Idol of Boreas in its claws.

The citizens gasped seeing this as Arimaspi's eye glowed, unleashing a laser that struck them all. As the light passed over them, the griffons suddenly felt themselves growing weak and fell to the ground. This allowed Arimaspi to run off, towards the bridge that was the only way off the mountain by foot.

It was at this moment that Guto, Ouravas, and the rest of the army flew out of the castle and saw where it was going. "After it!" Guto yelled, flying forward and rushing towards Arimaspi. They managed to reach it as it was halfway across the bridge, the beast roaring as it launched more blasts from its eyes.

Guto and Ouravas managed to dodge, but several soldiers were hit and lost the strength to fly. "NO!" Ouravas cried as his friends fell into the abyss the bridge was built over. This distraction made it so that when Arimaspi fired another blast, he wasn't prepared to evade it.

"Ouravas!" Guto yelled as he pushed the young griffon out of the way, getting hit instead and crying out as he lost his strength.

Ouravas gasped as he watched his hero fall towards the abyss, trying to fly down and catch him but was stopped by another laser that flew between them. By the time the blast faded, Guto had vanished into the darkness. "NOOOOOOOOOO!" He screamed, dropping his spear as he landed on the bridge with tears in his eyes.

Arimaspi growled down at its defeated and broken opponent, only for its growl to make Ouravas freeze before reaching for his spear. "You will pay," he muttered before spinning around and launching himself at the beast. It fired at him, but Ouravas easily dodged them until he got in close. And with a mighty scream, he thrust his spear into the beast's chest.

Arimaspi roared in pain as it staggered backward, eventually falling off the side of the bridge.

Ouravas smiled at this, but only for a moment before he remembered what the beast was still holding in its claws. "NOOOOOOOOOO!" He once again screamed as he tried to grab the Idol, but Arimaspi's grip was too tight and soon both it and the Idol vanished into the darkness of the abyss.

Ouravas tried to chase after it, but the wind that blew up from the abyss made it impossible to fly down. The Idol of Boreas, was lost.


Present.

"With no king. No Idol. And no hope, my home fell into ruin. The people fought over everything they could get their claws on. Even the tiniest bit of bread would cost insane amounts of money. Eventually, riots and fighting broke out and it was a complete and utter slaughterhouse." He let out a sigh, "I...was the only one left alive."

Rainbow couldn't believe what she was hearing. "That's...terrible." She then frowned, "but that doesn't give you the right to try and destroy our worlds and hurt my friends."

"Don't you see," Guto told her. "I'm trying to help the people you care about. As long as they live in this world, they'll be doomed to a life of turmoil and strife. I'm trying to save them from that fate."

"Not everybody lives that kind of life," Rainbow told him. "A lot of people live happy, normal lives. They're born, they live and they die, all without any issues in their lives."

"But those that do suffer far outweigh those that don't," Guto told him. "That's why I have to do this."

"And that's why I've gotta stop you," Rainbow told him before slapping to cards down onto her Duel Disk. "I reset the Pendulum Scale, with scale one Supporting Filly and scale eight Rainbow Wing Knight Owl!" The pillars of light reappeared on either side of her before the monsters flew up into them. "Then, I activate the Pendulum Ability of Wing Knight Owl!" Rainbow discarded a card before her deck slotted out a new one, which she smiled at when she took it. "Oh yeah."

"What did you get?" Guto asked.

"Let me show you!" Rainbow cried as she activated the card. As she did, a rainbow-colored tornado exploded around Battle Wing. "Go, Rank-Up-Magic Infinite Spectrum!" The black hole appeared above their heads, which the rainbow tornado flew up into. "With this card, I can Rank-up my Xyz monster into a Spectrum Battle Wing!"

Guto rolled his eyes, remembering how this turned out last time.

"Radiant colors of the universe, infuse your powers !" The rainbow tornado shot out of the black hole and hit the field, sending a mighty gust of wind across the battlefield. "RANK-UP XYZ EVOLUTION!"

The tornado exploded, revealing Rainbow's hyper-evolved Xyz monster. "Spectrum Battle Wing...PRISM BOLT!" (A3000/D2500/R5/P6) As Prism Bolt floated down and landed next to Rainbow's other monsters, illuminating the void around them, Rainbow and Guto just glared at one another.

Both knew the real Duel was only just about to start.


Back with Rainbow's friends, each of them intended to finally end their Duels again their clones.

Soarin currently had a single face down monster and nothing else, while his opponent had Grand Convoy out. Both Fluttershy had Kindness Dragonoid on the field and the clone had a face down card. The Gilda twins had Zephyr Blitz on the field while the clone had the Spell card Nightmare Steel Cage in play and the real Gilda had Harpie Lady Commander in the Pendulum Zone.

"Attack!" Soarin's clone yelled as Grand Convoy prepared to destroy his face down, but that was just what Soarin wanted.

"Go, Blast Sphere!" He yelled as his face down flipped up to reveal a round machine monster with five mechanical spider legs. "Too bad for you, because when this card's attacked it attaches itself to the opponent's monster." The machine flew over to Grand Convoy and attached itself to its head.

"It's my turn," Fluttershy drew her card and smiled. "I summon Kindness Pegasus!" Her equine counterpart appeared before her. (A1000/D1800/L4/P5) "Then, I'll use Kindness Dragonoid's ability!" The dragon breathed the pink mist down on Kindness Pegasus, causing its ATK power to drop and Pegasi's to rise. This kept up until their points were as follows. (A3600/D1800/L4/P5) (A0/D1900/L7/P5)

Fake Fluttershy remained stoic, though that was probably because these things showed no emotion, her eyes shifting to her face down. Said face down was the Spell, Shrink. With it, she would be safe.

"My turn!" Gilda drew her card and smiled. "And I'll set Harpie Griffon in the Pendulum Zone!" The other pillar of light appeared before Gilda's monster counterpart flew up into it. "And now I can use Griffon's ability!" Commander suddenly exploded, the energy beginning to swirl between Harpie Griffon's claws. "If I have another Harpie monster in my Pendulum Zone, I can destroy it to Rank-Up a Wind Xyz monster."

The fake Gilda watched the griffon toss the sphere of light into the air, which then exploded to create a black hole.

Gilda smirked as Zephyr Blitz flew into the blade hole. "I rebuild the Overlay Network to power up my monster. Ancient winds, blow onto this battlefield and give life to the ultimate harpy!" A tornado shot out of the black hole and hit the field, "RANK-UP XYZ EVOLUTION!"

The tornado exploded, revealing Gilda's monster."Harpie Lady, Zephyr...MAJESTY!" (A3300/D3000/R6/P5)

"I end my turn," fake Soarin announced as the real Soarin drew his card.

"Now," Fluttershy played her next card. "I activate the Spell card, Ritual of the Sacred Guardians!" In a flash of light, a stone tablet with multiple animals appeared infront of her. On either side of it were a pair of stone animal statues.

"But you don't have enough monsters," clone Fluttershy reminded her. But as she said that, a flash of light revealed Sphere Kuriboh.

"Sphere Kuriboh lets me banish him to use as a cost for a Ritual Summon." With that, the two monsters transformed into a pair of lights that then flew into the mouths of the animal statues. The statues then spun around until they were facing each other before the lights shot out and met infront of the tablet. "The power of nature flows through us all, and only by understanding it can our greatest strength awaken." The tablet absorbed the light into itself before shooting a beam into the sky. "I RITUAL SUMMON!"

The beam of light hit the skies, as clouds began to form around it. Then when it faded, the clouds floated down before disappearing to reveal Fluttershy's monster. Sacred Guardian Deity, Kindness...DRAGONERA!" (A3000/D2500/L8)

If Fake-Fluttershy could show emotions, she'd be looking terrified right now.

"Skill activate!" Fluttershy reached for her graveyard, as a card slotted out. "By moving a Level one monster from my grave to the bottom of my deck, I can double the ATK of a Level four or below Sacred Guardian Beast." Dragonera held up its claws, as a Kuriboh appeared before transforming into a sphere of light. "Kindness Pegasus!" The pegasus flew up into the sphere, the light being absorbed into her. (A7200/D1800/L4/P5)

"Majesty's skill!" Gilda cried as her Xyz monster slashed through her overlay unit with her rapier, then spread the wings on her shoulders before they unleashed a blast of powerful air. "Now for every Overlay Unit I remove from her, I can flip one card on your field face down." Fake-Gilda watched as her Nightmare Steel Cage vanished from around them. "What's more, she now gets seven hundred points. (A4000/D3000/R6/P5)

"I end my turn!" Soarin yelled, causing Fake-Soarin to draw a card and for Blast Sphere to beep. Now my monster detonates, taking yours with it and dealing you damage equal to your monster's ATK points.

"ATTACK!" Both Fluttershy and Gilda cried their monsters unleashed their attacks on their fake's monsters. Kindness Pegasus slapped Kindness Dragonoid with its tail while Zephyr Majesty impaled Zephyr Blitz with her rapier. At the same time, Blast Sphere exploded and destroyed Grand Convoy's head.

All three monsters exploded, sending out shockwaves that struck the fakes and caused their life points to hit zero.

The fakes roared in pain as they slowly started to melt, each reduced to piles of goo on the floor that quickly evaporated. As they did, the three breathed sighs of relief as their monsters vanished. "We did it," Soarin smirked.

"Yeah," Gilda turned to them, "but this ain't over."

"Rainbow needs our help," Fluttershy said firmly before rushing towards the door. The others followed her as they entered the stairway and headed down them. "Hold on Rainbow."


Back in the lab, Trixie had finally finished unhooking the tubes from the pod.

"Alright," she stepped back while taking out her Duel Disk, "ready?"

"Set?" Skystar's voice replied from the device. With that, the floor beneath the pod suddenly retracted and felt a hole that the device was slowly lowered through.

Trixie stared down the tunnel the pod was lowered through and eventually lost sight of it in the darkness. She then stepped into the other room and found Marble, who was at a computer. "Let's go."

"Hang on," she told her while still typing. "Just gonna leave a little something for our friends should things turn out badly for Ouravas." She turned to Trixie, "never hurts to be sure." Trixie nodded as she kept typing, eventually stopping. "There, that should do it." She turned to Trixie as the Omega Zealot of Light took out a card, "let's roll."

Trixie nodded and threw the card, creating a power that the two stepped through.

When they stepped out the other side, they found themselves in yet another hanger. In it, a large transport truck could be seen with a metal trailer that was open at the top. Skystar stood in the trailer and was looking up at a hole in the ceiling, which the pod soon descended out of.

Once the pod cleared the hole, it landed perfectly in the center of the trailer as the top of the metal transport closed. "Good," Skystar smirked as she jumped down, "you two start hooking it up while I get us out of here." Both nodded and climbed up into the trailer, while Skystar moved over to the cap and started the engine.

With a click of a button, an opening appeared infront of the truck. And once Trixie and Marble had the transport doors shut, Skystar began to drive into that opening and up the long ramp-like tunnel leading up to the surface.

Inside the trailer, Marble and Trixie worked to plug a bunch more tubes into the side of the pod. As they did, Trixie looked up. "Don't you dare lose Ouravas."

Author's Note:

Well, Rainbow and Guto's rematch in on. Will Rainbow finally manage to defeat Guto and add her name to the list of Duellists who've defeated Dominators?

PreviousChapters Next