• Published 19th Mar 2020
  • 1,662 Views, 581 Comments

Yugioh EQG: Ω Zenith - Banshee531



The Double X has come and gone and everyone's getting back to a normal life. But before they can relax, enemies old and new appear with a dark agenda. Will our heroes prevail, or is our world doomed to oblivion. It's time to Duel.

  • ...
3
 581
 1,662

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 15: A Storm on the Ocean

"Hello...HELLO!" Cold growled as he lost Grand and Tempest's signal, their call getting completely cut after the four of them jumped through whatever portal they'd travelled through. "Those fools!"

"It'll be alright," Sunset tried to calm him down. "We just need to find out where their signals went."

"They could have been sent to another planet for all we know," Cold sat in his chair and huffed. "How are we supposed to keep ahead of them if they can escape so easily?"

"We'll find a way," Sunset assured him. "Don't forget, we managed to get a lot of data from Heath's Duel Disk." That was true. Despite no longer being Dominated, Heath's Duel Disk still held a connection to whatever system they had. It wasn't long before that connection was cut but before it was, they managed to get some useful information from it. Including a location they believed my be the Zealot's base.

"True," Cold nodded, "but that doesn't help us now." He turned to Sunset, "we need to find them now. Before it's too late." Sunset nodded and turned to rush out the room, planning to get their best coders working on this as soon as possible. Once she was gone, Cold sighed again before leaning back in his chair. "Be careful."


Lake Windermere

At the Lake District in the United Kingdom, we find Tempest, Grand, Pinkie and Maud staring down Novo and Skystar.

Tempest and Novo had just started a Duel, Novo wishing to get revenge of Grand while Tempest wanted to protect her friends. That was why they Duelled and why neither of them could afford to lose right now.

"I'll take the first move!" Tempest reached for her deck and drew her card, looking over her cards as a plan formed in her head. "I'll start by summoned Storm Guard Liberator, Sword, in ATK mode!" In a flash of lightning, a monster that looked similar to her old Storm Guard monster appeared. Only now its armour and weapon were both gold instead of black. (A1500/D1200/L4) "When Storm Guard Sword is summoned, I can look at the top three cards of my deck and add a Level four or below Liberator amongst them to my hand." She did so, taking one and adding it to the rest of her cards while shuffling the rest back into her deck.

Novo smiled, "so is this new deck supposed to symbolise something?" Tempest raised an eyebrow. "Please don't tell me you're gonna give me some long winded speech about breaking the chains of oppression you once helped forge. I'd rather not hear that dribble."

Tempest frowned, "you are right that my new deck symbolises something." She looked down at her Duel Disk and cards. "You said it yourself, that I'm the one responsible for Marble getting Dominated. And that means I'm also at fault for what happened to everyone Marble helped Dominate." She glared at the two, "that's why I'll fix my mistakes and liberate everyone under the thumb of you Zealots!"

"What did I say about dribble," Novo rolled her eyes. "Just get on with your turn."

"Fine," she placed two cards face down, "I end my turn."

"Finally," Novo drew her card and smiled, "I'll start by playing Reincarnation of Hope!"

"Not that card again," Pinkie frowned.

"She's not screwing around," Grand growled as Novo discarded two cards.

"Now, in two turns, I'll be able to add a monster of my choosing to my hand. But for now, I'll summon Atlantean Dragoon!" From out of the lake behind her, the seahorse riding Atlantean appeared. (A1800/D0/L4) "Go," she pointed at Tempest's monster, "attack!"

Tempest watched as the Atlantean swam through the air before slashing at Storm Guard Sword, destroying it.

Novo: 4000
Tempest: 3700

"I place two cards face down and end my turn."

"My draw," Tempest drew her card before summoning a card. "Go, Storm Guard Liberator, Spear!" The gold armoured beast appeared before her. (A1800/D800/L4) "Then I'll play the Spell card, Black Lightning!" Black sparks flew around the Liberator, increasing its ATK power. (A2800/D800/L4) "Attack!" The beast pointed its spear at Novo's monster before unleashing a bolt of lightning, which struck Dragoon and destroyed it before flying over to zap Novo.

"GYAH!" She cried as her life points dropped, Skystar looking horrified.

Novo: 3000
Tempest: 3700

"MOTHER!" Skystar was about to rush over to her, but Novo raised a hand to stop her.

She then smiled at Tempest. "Impressive. Almost as ruthless as the Tempest I saw in the Double X. Makes me wonder how much of that was really Storm King's influence."

Tempest just glared at her as she reached for her deck. "Since Spear destroyed a monster, I can look at the top card of my Deck." She drew the card and nodded before turning it over, revealing a monster similar to one they all knew. "Tempest Unicorn Liberator. Since it's a Liberator monster, I can add it to my hand."

Novo smiled. "Well your attack activated my Mythic Totem Trap," her face down flipped up. "Now, monsters can't be destroyed in battle on the turn they're special summoned."

Pinkie and Maud both frowned, "this is just like what happened in our Duel."

Maud nodded. "If she get Amphitrite and Rhodos where they need to be, she'll have an unbreakable wall of defence."

"I'll just have to beat her before she can," Tempest announced. "I end my turn."

"My draw!" Novo drew her card and smiled before summoning it, "I summon Neo Barrier Statue of the Torrent." The giant toad statue appeared on the field. (A1000/D1000/L4)

Everyone frowned seeing that card, "I'm really getting sick of those things."

"Me too," Maud agreed despite her face not showing any annoyance or anger. "Now Tempest won't be able to attack directly."

"Let's just hope she has a plan for dealing with it," Grand explained as Novo played her next card. "

"Then, I play the Spell card Natural Spring Water!" A bottle of water appeared infront of the statue before pouring its contents into its mouth. "This card will increase the ATK of a monster on my field by five hundred points, for every Water monster in my graveyard." The statue glowed a blue aura. (A2500/D1000/L4)

"That means she has three water monsters in her grave," Tempest realised.

"I bet I know what one of them is," Pinkie gulped as Novo gave her next command.

"ATTACK!" The statue pointed its trident at Storm Guard Spear before a torrent of water shot out the end, hitting the beast and destroying it.

Novo: 3000
Tempest: 3000

"I activate my Trap!" Tempest cried as he card flipped face up, "Liberator Recruitment! By banishing Liberator monsters from my graveyard, I can add a Liberator monster to my hand as long as its ATK and DEF are equal too or lower then the monsters banished!" She took out Sword and Spear, the others doing the math.

"Eighteen hundred and fifteen hundred make thirty two hundred ATK points," Pinkie said out loud.

"And twelve hundred and eight hundred make two thousand," Maud went on. They all gasped before smiling, seeing a certain card slot out of Tempest's deck.

"Impressive," Novo announced, "but it won't save you. This Duel's outcome has already been decided." She ended her turn, her statue's points returning to normal. (A1000/D1000/L4)

"Nothing's decided," Tempest drew her card. "Not as long as I have cards the play. And right now, I have several. I activate the Spell card, Pot of Greed!" She drew two cards and smiled, "then I'll activate the Paralysing Mind Spell card. This card negates the effect of one monster on your your side of the field." A bolt of lightning shot down from the sky and electrocuted the Neo Barrier, lightning sparking around it. "Next, I set Scale one Spine-Hog Liberator and Scale eight Tempest Unicorn Liberator into the Pendulum Zones!" The pillars of light appeared on either side of her, with both her monsters flying up into them. They looked just like the ones everyone had seen her use in the Double X, except now their black armour and clothing had been replaced with bright gold.

As they flew up, the portal began to form between them. "Unshackle the chains of space and time and free all those with the courage to push through their limits." The portal was completed. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

It opened before two bolts of lightning shot out and struck the ground, the first becoming a Storm Guard carrying a giant golden shield. "Storm Guard Liberator, Shield!" (A1000/D2000/L4)

The other was a monster everyone had once dreaded seeing, but now the sight of her filled them all with hope and joy. "It's time, to stand up my faithful avatar. Tempest Rogue Liberator...SCARVOLT!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

"YEAH!" Pinkie cheered, "go Tempest."

Grand nodded. "I'm interested in seeing what Scarvolt is truly capable of, now that she's freed from the Dominator's influence."

"Well let me show you. First, Spine-Hog's ability activates." She drew two cards. "Whenever a Liberator is Special Summoned, I draw a card. Next, Scarvolt's effect activates." Lightning surged around her ace before she let out a might roar and the electricity shot up into the air. "Whenever she's Special Summoned, I can select a monster on your field and summon a Liberator from my deck with less ATK points."

Everyone's eyes went wide as she looked up, spotting clouds forming in the air above them. Seconds later, a bolt of lightning shot down and struck the ground before fading to reveal a new monster. "Storm Guard Liberator, Katar!" (A800/D1300/L3) "I draw a new card thanks to Spine-Hop and Katar's ability activates."

"What now?" Novo watched as Katar's daggers sparked before it swung them through the air, unleashing a wave of lightning that struck her monster.

"When he's Special Summoned, I can cut the ATK of a monster on your field in half." The lightning struck her statue and sparked around it. (A500/D1000/L4)

"Then I'll summon Storm Guard Liberator, Scimitar, in ATK mode." Another bolt of lightning signalled the arrival of her next monster, swinging the twin curved blades around. (A1600/D1500/L4/P4) "It's time to end this Duel," Tempest announced while Novo raised an eyebrow.

"You trying to bluff me?" She asked. "Even with my monster's power decrease, yours isn't strong enough to beat mine."

"Don't be so sure," Tempest told her. "Scarvolt has another special ability. One that increases her ATK points during the Battle Step, by five hundred for every other Liberator on the field." Novo and Skystar's eyes went wide hearing this.

"Are you serious?" Skystar asked as Scarvolt raised her sword, all the while lightning shot off Tempest's monsters and struck the blades.

"Deadly," Tempest replied as Scarvolt's power increased. (A4000/D2000/L7/P4) "And there's more. During the Battle Phase, Tempest Unicorn's Pendulum Ability increases the ATK of all my Liberators by one hundred points for every Liberator on the field. Unicorn fired bolts of energy at each of her monsters, supercharging the four and making the roar in power. (A4400/D2000/L7/P4) (1400/D2000/L4) (A1200/D1300/L3) (A2000/D1500/L4/P4)

Skystar began to hyperventilate, "this can't be happening. This simply can't be happening."

"Oh, it's happening!" Tempest told her as Scarvolt leapt into the air, "time for the queen to get crown. DO IT!" Scarvolt swung her blades in an X formation, unleashing an X-shaped blast of lightning that flew down towards the Barrier Statue.

Grand, Maud and Pinkie's eyes were filled with hope while Skystar's eyes were filled with dread, both Novo and Tempest remaining stoic as the attack struck Novo's monster and exploded into a smoke cloud that covered the entire area. Everyone coughed as they waved the smoke away, it eventually beginning to fade.

"What happened?" Pinkie asked.

"Did she win?" Maud asked. However, when the smoke cleared, Novo was revealed still standing despite her monster's destruction.

Novo: 2500
Tempest: 3000

"What happened?" Pinkie asked, only to see Novo's other face down card was now face up.

"My Trap. Atlantean Barrier. It lets my pay five hundred life points to negate any battle damage I take this turn. What's more, it's a Continuous Trap."

"Are you kidding me!" Pinkie cried, "just lose already!"

"No thank you," Novo told her. "And with Barrier Statue's ability, it'll be a lot harder to make that happen. Come, Atlantean Heavy Infantry!" The lake behind her exploded as a giant fish-man carrying a large split shield jumped out and landed behind her. (A0/D1600/L4) It knelt down and brought its two shield pieces together. "And with Mythic Totem on my field, you can't destroy this card.

Tempest sighed before placing a card face down, "I end my turn." Her monster's ATK points all returned to normal.

"My turn," Novo drew her card. "And since it's been two turns since I activated it, my Reincarnation of Hope's effect lets me add a monster to my hand." Her deck slotted out a card that she added to her hand before summoning another one. "Now, witness the arrival of my dear and faithful daughter. Rhodos, the Atlantean Princess!" The lake exploded again, with the princess appearing before landing next to Heavy Infantry. (A1600/D800/L3)

"Not good," Grand gulped. He and the girls knew what this meant.

"Now, I activate her ability!" A water spout exploded out of the lake before the two Atlanteans leapt inside, seconds before it exploded to reveal Novo's ace monster. "Behold, foolish child, my true form. Amphitrite, the Atlantean Queen!" (A3000/D2500/L8) And since Heavy Infantry was tributed to activate an Atlantean monster's effect, his ability activates and allows me to destroy one monster on your field of the field." The fish-man appeared before Storm Guard Shield before stabbing it with his shield's blade.

The beast flinched before it exploded. "She didn't destroy Scarvolt," Pinkie realised.

"She's playing it smart," Grand explained. "She knows if she destroys Scarvolt, Tempest will just summon her again and use her ability. She must have picked Shield because she's worried it'll have a skill to stop her next attack."

"Next, I play the Spell card Salvage!" He Duel Disk slotted out two cards, "so now I'll return Dragoon and Barrier Statue to my hand. Then, I'll discard Barrier Statue in order to use Amphitrite's ability!" The queen raised her staff before the pearl on the end began to glow, the light flying out and hitting Tempest's monsters.

The teen watched as they all transformed, gaining gills while their clothes and fur became waterlogged. "What?"

"Amphitrite has the power to change the Attribute of every monster on your field to the Attribute of the monster I discarded. So now all your monsters are Water types, just like Barrier Statue."

"Not good," Tempest realised.

"So good," Skystar almost squealed. "Deal some damage mother."

"With pleasure," Amphitrite formed a bubble of water infront of her. "I now attack your Storm Guard Katar with Amphitrite! And when she attacks, she gains two hundred ATK points for every other Water monster on the field." Amphitrite glowed as her power rose up. (A3600/D2500/L8) She fired her attack at Katar, everyone but Tempest growing worried.

"This is gonna hurt," Pinkie flinched as the bubble got closer. But then, to her surprise, Scarvolt leapt infront of Katar and took the attack for it.

"What?" Novo asked as Scarvolt was consumed by the bubble and drowned, exploding while leaving Katar safe. "What did you do?"

"Activated my Interception Trap Card," Tempest smiled as her points took the hit.

Novo: 2500
Tempest: 1900

"It let me tag in one of my stronger monsters to take the hit for Katar, so Scarvolt took the hit instead." She expected Novo to be mad, but the woman actually did something she wasn't expecting. She smiled, followed by a sincere clap. "Okay. Wasn't expecting that."

"I'm just commending your Scarvolt on being a true leader. After all, those given that responsibility must always put the needs of their followers before themselves. To be the first to charge into battle and the last to retreat from it. Well done."

"Err...thanks." Tempest quickly shook her head, getting back into focus. "Scarvolt's destruction also activated my other trap," the face down flipped up. "Scarvolt's Spirit. Whenever she's destroyed, I can pick a Storm Guard Liberator on my field and search my deck for one whose ATK is higher then its but lower then hers." Katar glowed as the spirit of Scarvolt appeared behind her, while Tempest's deck slotted out a card. "Then I can send Katar to the bottom of my deck and summon the new monster to the field."

Novo watched as Scarvolt's spirit exploded into lightning that wrapped around Katar before eventually fading, revealing almost the exact same monster only this one was carrying a large bladed staff in its hands. "Storm Guard Liberator, Glaive!" (A1900/D1200/L4/P3) "And since a Liberator was Special Summoned, I draw a card."

Novo chuckled, "I end my turn." Amphitrite's ATK returned to normal. (A3000/D2500/L8)

"It's my turn!" Tempest drew her card before the portal formed above her head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of lightning bolts shot out and struck the ground, revealing her monsters. "Storm Guard Liberator, Ryyk!" (A2000/D1500/L5/P9)

"Stand again, my avatar! Tempest Rogue Liberator, Scarvolt. (A2500/D2000/L7/P4) Tempest drew her cards, "Scarvolt's skill!" Her monster roared as she shot a lightning bolt into the air, forming storm clouds that unleashed another lightning bolt that struck the ground to reveal Tempest's newest monster. One they remembered caused a lot of people problems back in the Double X Tournament. "Storm Guard Liberator, Puppeteer!" (A1000/D1000/L4)

Novo raised an eyebrow, wondering why she picked that card when she must have much stronger choices.

Tempest drew her card thanks to Spine-Hog, an idea forming in her head. "Scarvolt, time to end this!" The battle phase began, causing Scarvolt and Tempest Unicorn's abilities to activate. (A5000/D2000/L7/P4) (A2500/D1500/L5/P9) (A2100/D1500/L4/P4) (A2400/D1200/L4/P3) (A1500/D1000/L4) "ATTACK!"

Novo watched as Scarvolt charged forward and slashed right through Amphitrite, the damage she would have taken likely huge if she hadn't had her Atlantean Barrier Trap.

Novo: 2000
Tempest: 1900

"I activate Amphitrite's special ability," Rhodos suddenly appeared out of the lake and knelt down infront of her. But as she did, Tempest smiled.

"She's smiling?" Skystar asked, "she shouldn't be smiling. Why's she smiling. Mother, make her stop smiling!"

"Let me show you why I'm smiling," Tempest explained before her Puppeteer launched a bunch of strings that attached to Rhodos.

"What are you doing?" She saw herself begin to stand up. "What? No! Don't do that! Let me go!"

"Not happening," Tempest smirked. "Puppeteer has the power to change the battle position of a monster on your field, with the cost of tributing one Liberator on my field." Once Rhodos was on her feet, Puppeteer vanished. "Now you're open for an attack." As she said that, Scimitar charged forward to try and destroy Rhodos. But the combo of Mythic Totem and Atlantean Barrier protected both her and Novo.

Novo: 1500
Tempest: 1900

"Glaive!" Her next monster charged and sliced at her, Novo's points dropping nowhere as much as they should have."

Novo: 1000
Tempest: 1900

"Ryyk!" Her last monster charged and finished the triple attack, leaving Novo with barely any life points."

Novo: 500
Tempest: 1900

"MOTHER!" Skystar looked like she was about to panic, while Tempest's friend all cheered.

"Way to go Tempest!" Pinkie cried. "Now her Barrier card's useless."

Grand nodded, "even if she uses it in her next turn she'll still be out of life points."

"Just survive this next turn!" Maud told her.

"No problem," Tempest ended her battle phase as her monsters all returned to their normal points. "I place one card face down and end my turn by equipping Scarvolt with Raregold Armor!" Said armor appeared on Scarvolt, making it so she was the only one Novo could target.

"My turn," she drew her card and smiled when she saw what she'd gotten. "And I summoned Atlantean Field Medic." From the lake, a female fish-man with armour covered in medical symbols flew out and landed besides Rhodos. (A1200/D1200/L3) "Next, I activate Rhodos's ability!" The water spout shot into the air before the two leapt into it, the spout then exploding to reveal. Amphitrite." And since Field Medic was tributed for a Water monster's ability, he effect grants me an extra three hundred life points for every water monster in the grave.

Novo: 1700
Tempest: 1900

"What's more, by banishing her from my graveyard, I can add a Level three or lower Atlantean Sea-Serpent from my graveyard to my hand." Her Duel Disk slotted out a card that she took before discarding it again. "Now I discard Rhodos to activate Amphitrite's ability!" The sea-women rose her staff before the pearl unleashed the light that struck Tempest's monsters and changed them into their Water type forms. "ATTACK!"

Tempest watched as Amphitrite formed a bubble, her ability powering her up as she tossed the bubble towards Scarvolt. (A3800/D2500/L8) The Liberator was captured in a bubble, finding herself drowning before she exploded.

Novo: 1700
Tempest: 600

"I'll end my turn there," Novo smiled before looking down at her deck. It was as if she could almost sense it. The power resting on the top of her deck. "Soon."

"My turn!" Tempest drew her card and nodded when she saw what it was, the portal forming above her head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a single light shot out and struck the ground, revealing Tempest's best card as she stood tall. "Stand again, my avatar! Tempest Rogue Liberator, Scarvolt!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4) She drew her card, "skill activated!" Scarvolt once again roared before launching a lightning bolt into the sky, the clouds reforming before launching another bolt that struck the ground.

The monster revealed was a Storm Guard, only this one was carrying a box with a medical symbol on it and a stretcher attached to its back. "Storm Guard Liberator, Medic!" (A1000/D1500/L4) "Thanks," Tempest smiled as she drew her card, "your medic monster gave me an idea for my own. Medic's skill!" The ape exploded into lightning that flew over and struck her other monsters before flying off and hitting Tempest's Duel Disk. "By sacrificing himself, Medic powers up my life points by four hundred for every Liberator on my field."

Novo: 1700
Tempest: 2200

Tempest entered her battle phase, Scarvolt and Tempest Unicorn's abilities activating and powering her monsters up. (A4400/D2000/L7/P4) (A2400/D1500/L5/P9) (A2000/D1500/L4/P4) (A2300/D1200/L4/P3) "Scarvolt!" The women shot forward and slashed at Amphitrite, destroying her while Atlantean Barrier protected Novo.

Novo: 1200
Tempest: 2200

"Amphitrite's skill activates!" She announced as Rhodos shot out of the lake, again, before once again entering DEF mode infront of her mother.

Tempest sighed. "I switch my other monsters to DEF mode, then place a card face down and end my turn."

"Such a shame," Novo smiled as she looked over the situation. "Had you still been using your true deck, you might have been able to beat me by now. Such a shame you lost the enlightenment that the Soulink gave you."

"Enlightenment?" Tempest growled hearing this, "you think the Dominate enlightened me. You're wrong. The only thing that accused experience ever did was put me further and further into the darkness."

"You didn't think that back then," Novo pointed out. "Back then you understood that we Zealots are not the villains in this story. We are the ones that seek to save the world and all those within it." She pointed at Tempest. "You wish to liberate those lost in the darkness, then you should be helping us. Help us wipe away the darkness of this world and lead the world into a new utopia."

"By destroying everything we care about?" Tempest asked. "No way. I'd rather die then help further that cause more then I already have."

"Very well," Novo raised her hand as the symbol on its glowed through the glove. "I will make that wish come true." She reached for her deck and drew her card, smiling when she saw what it was. "I summon Atlantean Dragoon!" The sea-horse rider appeared before he and Rhodos leapt into a water spout that appeared behind Novo. "And with Rhodos's ability, I revive Atlantean Queen Amphitrite!"

Those watching all had mixed emotions, knowing what was gonna happen. Pinkie was hyperventilating. Maud was stoic, though on the inside she was panicking. Grand was also worried, but trusted Tempest could handle this. And Skystar was almost giddy.

"Yes mother. Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!"

"Gladly," Novo smiled as she held up her card. "With this card, I put my entire future on the line." The card glowed blue as she said that. "Should I happen to lose this Duel, then every card in my deck will be destroyed."

"You sure you wanna take such a risk?" Tempest asked her.

"A true leader must be willing to risk everything for the sake of her subjects. For my people, and the children I allowed to be raised in this monstrous world, I will gladly risk everything to grant them peace. That includes using the power of a Zenith Dragon!" Her face went from serene to serious in milliseconds as she began. "First, I must tribute a Water Attributed monster while also discarding a monster in my hand with the same name." As she did this, Amphitrite leapt up into the air before the water in the lake shot out and began to wrap around her to form a sphere of water that grew larger and large by the second.

For hundreds of miles, the many hikers and such around Lake Windermere caught sight of the giant bubble. Many wondered what it was while other grew scared. Down beneath it, the four undominated humans watched in horror as the orb flew above their heads. They then saw the shadow of the creature within, its deadly eyes glaring down at them.

"Awaken," Novo chanted, "beast of water!" She slapped her card down on the Duel Disk, the orb exploding as the monster inside was revealed. "Zenith Dragon of Bottomless Oceans, FABULAQUA!"

The water from the orb rained down on them as the Zenith Dragon came crashing down into the lake, sending a tidalwave of water in every direction.

"So this is what if feels like to face off against a Zenith Dragon," Tempest realised.

"Zenith Dragons can only remain on the field for a turn, being banished during the end phase and replaced by one of my Amphitrite. But for this turn, it's ATK and DEF points become to total of the two monsters that were used to summon it. (A6000/D2500/L12) "Now its skill will activate!"

"Look out Tempest!" Pinkie cried as the dragon's four metal fins opened up, revealing the water cannons. Each one unleashed a blast of water that hit the ground and became a powerful tidalwave. It flowed across the ground and struck Tempest's field, washing her face downs and the cards in her Pendulum Zone away before hitting her and her friends.

The four groaned as the water struck them, but each was able to keep themselves on their feet. When the water finally vanished, Tempest looked down at her hand and saw her cards were back in her hand.

"Fabulaqua has the power to wash away every card in your Spell, Trap and Pendulum Zone and returned them to your hand." Suddenly, four pillars of light shout out of the lake. "And for every card returned to your hand, I can now summon one Level four or below Water monster from my grave by negating their effects." The pillars bent at shot down to hit the ground, exploding to reveal Rhodos, Dragoon, Heavy Infantry and Pikeman as they stood two on either side of the dragon. (A1600/D800/L3) (A1800/D0/L4) (A0/D1600/D2) (A1400/D0/L3)

The army of monsters stared each other down, each knowing this would likely be the final battle for one of their groups.

"It's over!" Novo smiled. "This is your last chance. Give up and maybe we can find a way to reestablish your link to Storm King. Then you'll be whole once again."

Tempest growled, "I am whole. And there's only one monster I'd ever let myself Soulink with." She turned to Scarvolt, who turned back to her and smiled.

Novo sighed, "very well. Then when this is over, I'll destroy that card. Fabulaqua," The dragon roared as the gem on its head glowed before sucking moisture into its mouth, "OCEANIC OBLITERATION!" The dragon shot a blast of water out towards Scarvolt, Tempest's friends all crying out.

"TEMPEST!"

"Nobody's taking Scarvolt from me again," Tempest cried. "NOBODY! Trap Summon!" A bolt of lightning flew down from the sky and struck the ground infront of Scarvolt, exploding to reveal a giant ape carrying a pair of shields appeared. "Storm Guard Liberator, Lightning Sentinel!" (A1100/D2300/L6)

"WHAT!" Skystar screamed while Novo looked shocked by the appearance, "you're cheating. Your cards were sent back to your hand. How could you activate your Trap?"

"With a little of your help," Tempest smiled. "You remember Storm Guard Shield?" They nodded, "well when you destroy it, you gave me just what I needed to stop your monster. By banishing it from my graveyard, I can activate any Trap in my hand. So say hello to Lightning Sentinel."

"Yeah!" Pinkie cheered, "that's the way Temp. Show those losers what for."

"I knew you could do it," Grand laughed.

Tempest nodded over her shoulder before turning back to the Duel. "While Lightning Sentinel's in DEF mode, it's the only Liberator you can attack. And thanks to your Mythic Totem, it can't be destroyed." Novo growled at having her own cards used against her. "Also, she gains three hundred DEF points for every other Liberator on my field." Her monsters all unleashed a bolt of lightning that struck the Trap Monster's back, powering it up as the water blast struck its combined shields. (A1100/D3500/L6)

Despite being weaker, Lightning Sentinel was able to withstand the amazing pressure of the hydro pump. And as the water finally ended, it detached its shield before jumping to the side. The rest of the monsters on Novo's field glared at Tempest's team, all realising that they'd lost their chance to beat her.

Novo also realised this, the queen seeing her hand was empty. "I...I...I end my turn." The Zenith Dragon suddenly vanished and in its place, the Dominator floated limply in the fair. "Fabulaqua is banished and in exchange, one of the Amphitrite I tributed is summoned in its place." She sighed, "there's more." Her other monsters all exploded into bubbles, leaving her ace alone. "The monsters summoned by Fabulaqua are returned to the field."

"She stopped the Zenith Dragon!" Pinkie cried.

"Now's her chance," Maud smiled. "She can end this."

"If she can get rid of Novo's other cards," Grand explained.

Novo finally managed to get her panic under control, "you managed to resist Zenith Dragon. But I am the queen and you will not be able to resist me. You know that in your heart."

Tempest just glared at her in response. "I recognise that you're a queen. I recognise that you're strong. However-" She drew her card and when she saw what it was, she smiled. "That doesn't mean you're going to win." Novo frowned hearing this. "You're doing this for the people you care about, well I'm doing it for the people I care about. The people who fought tirelessly to free me and who've stood by me since that day. They're way I stand before you, willing to risk everything to defeat you once and for all!"

The pillars of light appeared on either side of her as the two Pendulum Monsters returned to their places.

"Why do that?" Skystar asked, "her monster zones are full."

"Just watch!" Tempest shifted all her monsters to ATK mode. "Because now it's time for Scarvolt to awaken and show us her true power!" She raised the card she'd drawn before. "Her storming radiance will illuminate the darkness within your heart!" Tempest roared as a lightning bolt shot off of her into the sky, creating storm clouds that unleashed another thunderbolt that struck her. "TRANSCEND!"

Everyone watched as the light from the thunderbolt faded, revealing Tempest's newest monster. It looked like Scarvolt, only now she was decked out in golden armour. She ware a golden cloak that covered her shoulders, chest, side and back but left the front of her stomach, waist and legs visible. Her mask was now made of golden metal that covered her mouth, nose and ears. She wore a pair of golden arm guards that each had a lightning bolt shaped blade sticking out and pointing down her arm towards her hands that sparked with purple lightning. "Liberator of Bonds! Tempest Renegade, Scarvolt Miraculum!" (A3000/D2500/L8)

"What is this?" Novo asked as Tempest drew her card.

"This is the power forged from the bond shared by me and my friends." She turned to her ace, "it's time Scarvolt." Miraculum nodded as her arm blades sparked. "Skill activated!" Tempest showed Novo her hands, all eight cards, before she discarded them all.

"You're ditching your whole hand?" Skystar asked.

"True friends are willing to take the hits as long as it helps them succeed." Miraculum brought her hands together before pointing her blades to the sky, unleashing a bolt of lightning that flew upwards before splitting into six more bolts. "And by discarding five or more cards, I can destroy the same number of cards in your Spell, Trap and Pendulum Zones while also pumping up the rest of my monsters by one hundred points for every card discarded. The bolts curved down, two of them hitting Novo's two Trap cards.

"NOOOOO!" Both Novo and Skystar cried, realising their strategy was doomed.

The other four bolts struck Tempest's other monsters, powering them up by eight hundred ATK points each. (A2800/D1500/L5/P9) (A2400/D1500/L4/P4) (A2700/D1200/L4/P3) (A1900/D2300/L6)

"AWESOME!" Pinkie cheered, "now she can't protect herself."

Maud nodded, "she just needs to get rid of Amphitrite."

Grand smiled. "And with Tempest Unicorn, that'll be a whole lot easier.

Tempest entered her battle phase, her Pendulum monster's ability kicking in a powering her monsters up even more. (A3500/D2500/L8) (A3300/D1500/L5/P9) (A2900/D1500/L4/P4) (A3200/D1200/L4/P3) (A2400/D2300/L6) "ATTACK!" Tempest yelled as Scarvolt Miraculum leapt into the air, her blades raised as her body surged with lightning. In the blink of an eye, she transformed into a bolt that shot down at Amphitrite before appearing behind her with her blades down like they'd just cut through something.

Seconds later, Amphitrite screamed as an X-shaped explosion occurred infront of her and she burst into bubbles.

Novo: 700
Tempest: 2200

Novo grunted. "Since she was destroyed, I can now summon a Level three or below monster to my field from the graveyard." For one final time Rhodos leapt out of the lake before kneeling down infront of Novo. (A1600/D800/L3)

"She can't save you," Tempest told her as Lightning Sentinel charged forward.

'I know that,' Novo thought to herself. 'But my daughter must see this.' She looked back at Skystar. 'That no matter the obstacle, a queen must never stop trying until she's either dead or her people are safe and happy. That's something she taught me.' Rhodos was bashed by the electrified shield and exploded, leaving Novo defenceless.

"MOTHER!" Skystar screamed.

'Be strong my child.' Tempest ordered Glaive to finish the Duel, the ape leaping forward with its weapon primed. 'You'll have to stand alone now, for the good of your people. My father turned our people into a warmongering race that tried to conquer the world. Then, when he died in battle and I took the throne, I tried to protect our kingdom by hiding it underwater. Two generations of rulers, both trying to do what they thought was best for our people. Maybe this next generation will get it right.' Glaive reached Novo and raised its weapons. 'Rhodos,' she closed her eyes and stretched out her arms, 'our fate rests in your hands now.'

With that, Glaive slashed the electrified blade down Novo's front and caused her to scream out as the rest of her life points were depleted.

Novo: 0
Tempest: 2200 (Winner)

"ALRIGHT!" Pinkie cheered as Maud and Grand both smiled, Tempest sighing in relief while keeping her focus on her opponent.

"Mother," Skystar rushed over to Novo, "how could this happen?" Novo said nothing, instead looking down at her Duel Disk. Skystar did the same and gasped at what she saw.

Her cards were all glowing a blue light before they flew out of her deck, graveyard, extra deck and pocket. Every single card she owned floated infront of her and Skystar, including the Zenith Dragon. And then, to everyone but Novo's shock, they burst into flames.

"NOOOOO!" Skystar screamed as all but the Zenith Dragon were turned to ash, said card flying down to land in Novo's hand.

"Now that I have lost, the cards and the bond they represent are now destroyed." She looked at the symbol on the back of her hand, seeing it slowly fade away.

"Mother!" Skystar was frantic, "don't panic. There has to be a way to stop this. If we get you back to base, maybe we can reconnect you before it's too late. We just-"

"Rhodos," she shut up and focused on her mother, "you know that's not possible. My time in this world has come to an end."

"Mother," Skystar was close to tears. Then, Novo held out a particular card.

"I will return to our world and prepare our people for the perfect world you will create. With this," she placed the card in her daughter's hand, "you are now the Omega Zealot of Water." As soon as her grasp left the card, her entire body flinched and she cried out before falling forward.

"Mother!" Skystar quickly caught her, but sensed the connection within her shattering.

"I know...you'll make me proud, my child." With that, the symbol on her hand completely vanished and Novo fell unconscious. Skystar's eyes filled with tears as she felt the last vestiges of her mother's spirit vanish from the host, who she quickly dropped to the ground.

"I won't let you down mother." With that, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a card before tossing it behind her.

Tempest gasped as she saw the portal appeared behind the girl, "WAIT!" She tried to stop her her, but Skystar jumped through it before she could reach her and the portal vanished. "No!" She growled, "she got away with the card."

"Tempest," she turned to Grand as he and the Pies looked Novo over, "don't be upset. You did a good thing here today." He looked down at Novo, "you liberated someone from the Zealot's control. You should be proud." Tempest sighed, but couldn't help but nod in agreement. The Zealots were one less now and that was something she could hold her head up high for.


In another part of the world, Skystar stood in a lab looking down at her newest card.

But even so, her entire body shook in anger and sorrow. "Mother," she gasped, "I won't fail you. I swear, I will free our people from their pain." Her face then turned hard and dark, "and I will make those that tried to stop us pay for the pain and suffering they've caused."

Author's Note:

Oh yeah. Go Tempest. So now that Novo's out of the way, Skystar can take her true place of the Omega Zealot of Water. But how will the other Zealots take this development?

For those wondering about Tempest's new boss monsters, here are its stats.

Liberator of Bonds, Tempest Renegade Scarvolt/A3000/D2500/L8/warrior/light
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Banishing 1 "Tempest Rogue Liberator Scarvolt" from your side of the field. Once per turn: Discard cards from you hand and activate these effects depending on the number of cards discarded.
● 1 or 2: Destroy 1 card in your opponent's Spell/Trap or Pendulum Zones for every card discarded
● 3 or 4: Increase the ATK of every other "Liberator" monster on the field by the number of cards discarded X 100
● 5 or more: Activate both effects at once.

PreviousChapters Next