• Published 19th Mar 2020
  • 1,747 Views, 111 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: The Deleted scenes - Tim Ribbert

  • ...
5
 111
 1,747

The first Wonka Bar Part 1 (Willy Wonka and the chocolate Factory)

SET BETWEEN ‘CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY’ AND ‘THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA’

Diamond Tiara has been living in the Cakes’ residence for only a few weeks, but the little filly couldn’t deny, without a doubt, she was happier than she had ever been. Ever since her parents, Filthy and Spoiled Rich, were banished from Ponyville, after a failed attempt to buy Sugar Cube Corner through some… Illegal business tactics, she decided not to go with them. Today, Diamond Tiara has been living with the Cakes, who’ve proven to be more family than her parents would ever be.

In the bathroom, Diamond Tiara was helping the Cake Twins through some potty training for their first time. Every pony knows such training is not the easiest task in the universe, especially around infants, but it can be done. Just as Diamond Tiara was getting the gist, Mr. and Mrs. Cake walk through the door to check on them.

“And how are they doing today, dear?” Mrs. Cake asked, smiling.

“They’re doing just great,” Diamond Tiara replied, happily. “These two are smart, they are just getting the basics. I think the rest should be a piece of cake.”

The twins squealed with happiness, as they clap their hooves together. Mr. and Mrs. Cake just smile, patting their tiny heads.

“We are so proud of you two,” Mrs. Cake said, happily.

“They sure have grown up,” Mr. Cake added. “Won’t be long before they are old enough to start school.”

DING! DING!

Just then, a bell is heard from downstairs, indicating the arrival of customers.

“Oh my, we better get downstairs,” Mrs. Cake suggests. “We can’t keep them waiting.”

“We sure can’t, dear,” Mr. Cake agreed.

It wasn’t long before the Cakes descended downstairs immediately, with Diamond Tiara and the twins following close behind. Downstairs, Pinkie Pie, along with her friends Applejack, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Spike, and Cheese Sandwich were all gathered over two tables adjusted together. They gathered around hoping to start their new book, this time based on their meetings with a boy called Charlie and their adventure through a famous chocolate factory.

“Ah girls, Cheese!” Mr. Cake greeted. “What’s up?”

“Howdy, Mr. Cake,” Applejack replied, tipping her hat. “Just figured we drop on by and see how things are comin’ along.”

“Well, we’re doing great,” Mrs. Cake replied. “Diamond Tiara is getting along with our family, and these Wonka bars are selling by the pound! It’s just great to still be in Ponyville.”

“Same here,” Diamond Tiara added.

“Well, as long as no other pony has been scamming you out of business,” Twilight implied.

“Oh no, thank Celestia for that,” Mr. Cake chuckled. “Any who, are things coming along Pinkie Pie?”

Pinkie Pie immediately jumped towards Mr. Cake, answering the question while flailing her arms around and about.

“It’s been super-duper-awesomely-terrifically great!” Pinkie exclaimed, loudly. “We just got the whole story set up, from start to finish. Just need to add a couple pictures, add a style or two around here and there, and of course we absolutely cannot forget…”

“Oh no, no, no, dear,” Mrs. Cake interrupts. “He means the ‘other’ thing.”

Pinkie paused for a moment, then turns her eyes toward Cheese Sandwich, who waves casually at her.

“Ooh… Hee-hee, I knew that! Our relationship is just wonderful, thanks for asking.”

“You bet your sweet petunia it is,” Cheese said, wrapping an arm around Pinkie. “We’ve been doing lots of stuff since we declared each other’s special some pony. We’ve been ‘window’ shopping, looking for just the right one for the new house, grabbed a bite to eat, and now here we are, starting our next chapter of our lives… The book of course.”

“Wait a minute, don’t tell me,” Diamond Tiara smiled. “Is it the chocolate factory one.”

“You bet it is, D.T.,” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “Let me tell you: That was quite a trip.”

“We’re just getting to the bit where we meet Mr. Wonka himself,” Spike added, opening a Wonka Bar from the shelf.

“Ahem!” Mr. Cake cleared his throat, raising an eyebrow.

Diamond Tiara watched as Spike reached into his satchel bag, which he brought along for today, and dug out a gemstone he collected from one of his digs with Rarity.

“Keep the change,” Spike said, flipping over the gem.

Diamond Tiara giggles as Mr. Cake took the gem in his hooves, then takes out an eyeglass to closely examine the gem to make sure is real. She then turns back to the ponies.

“You know, I bet this Willy Wonka person is amazing and super cool.”

“You bet he is!” Pinkie exclaimed, extremely close to Diamond Tiara. “I mean he makes chocolate, cotton candy, and every treat in the candy making dictionary that you can’t possibly count! Some of which he personally invented himself!”

“You know, I can’t help but wonder,” Mrs. Cake spoke up. “How did he manage to be so famous in the first place?”

Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich’s ears began to twitch excitedly, not wanting to keep it in any longer. All at once, Cheese Sandwich wraps his arms around both Cakes and Diamond Tiara, which took them by surprise.

“Actually… We know ‘exactly’ how his life started!” Cheese exclaimed.

“Really?!” Diamond Tiara asked, wide eyed. “Can you tell us the story? Pleeeeeeaaaasssse?!?!”

“I don’t suppose we’d mind hearing this as well,” Mr. Cake said, as Mrs. Cake picked up the children. “Do tell.”

Pinkie and Cheese turn to their friends for approval, one by one they all nod their heads. Pinkie and Cheese then turn back to face the Cakes and Diamond Tiara, who made themselves comfortable.

“Very well then,” Pinkie said, clearing her throat. “Gather around every pony, fillies and gentlecolts, for Cheese and I are about to share with you a tale. The tale of how Willy Wonka’s chocolate career kicked off. Submitted for the approval of the ‘Deleted Scenes’, we call this story…”

‘THE FIRST WONKA BAR’

Our story begins in the most famous, most wonderful place in the entire world. A place so famous, in fact, it makes Big Ben pale in comparison to its grandeur. That would be Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, home to the most fantastic chocolates and marvelously tasting sweets known to mankind. It is here where our pony heroes (And Spike) ventured with five lucky ticket winners, where one of them would receive an extra prize beyond imagination as the tour of the most famous chocolate factory begins...

Actually, it's more like the ponies, Spike, and 'four' ticket winners seeing as how one of them got "stuck up".

*Pause* Get it? Because he got stuck in a pipe and couldn't get out?

Mate, your dragging the story to a crawl!

But everyone likes it when I tell jokes!

But you explained it, so the joke is ruined. Please get on with it!

Yes, please get on with it.

YES, GET ON WITH IT!!!

Wait, how did Wonka and Pinkie...?

GET ON WITH IT!!!!

Okay, okay!!! I'll continue the story... Sheesh, nobody laughs at my jokes.

Anyways, our story begins with our hero, Charlie Bucket, along with Grandpa Joe, the ticket winners, and their parents all waiting for Wonka’s boat to arrive and carry on with the tour. Also amongst the group are a certain group of ponies, a baby dragon, and a very special friend of one very special party pony.

“Now ladies and gentlemen,” Wonka announced, spreading his arms. “Boys and girls… And Ponies…”

“Ahem!” Spike cleared his throat.

“And yes, even dragons… We shall now continue our tour with a very special boat ride.”

The group were very excited after hearing this new piece of information. But none more excited than Charlie and Pinkie.

“Ooh! A boat ride!!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. “I love a good boat tour!”

“Same here,” Charlie said excitedly. “I’ve never been on a boat ride before.”

“Well, guess every pony has their first time,” Cheese Sandwich shrugged, patting Charlie’s head.

“Let’s just hope the other kids won’t complain the whole time,” Rarity said, worried.

“I agree with ya Rarity,” Applejack nodded. “Those youngin’s are so noisy, my ears are in pain.”

RING! RING! RING! RING!

While the group were waiting, they heard a telephone ring. The others checked their pockets making sure it wasn’t their phones nor finding a phonebooth anywhere in the Chocolate Room. Mr. Wonka, however, merely took off his hat and pulls out a telephone before the group’s surprise.

“Hello?” Mr. Wonka answered.

For the next several seconds, Mr. Wonka listened curiously, nodding his head. Just then, his eyes went wide in shock.

“Really? How long will it take? Not too long? Oh, that’s okay. I’ll keep the guests entertained. Just sort it out, okay? Yes, good day, sir.”

Mr. Wonka proceeds to slip the phone back into his hat, as he slipped it over his head.

“Sorry everyone, there seems to be a slight delay in the tour.”

To say everyone was shocked was a huge understatement.

“What happened?” Mr. Salt asked. “Someone burgled your factory?”

“Don’t get any funny ideas,” Spike muttered, to himself.

“Oh no, nothing of the sort,” Wonka said, pausing a moment. “It seems one of the chocolate pipes burst in the tunnel. I’ve got a team fixing it right now… Since it’s broken for the time being, I’ll give you a fizzy sweet.”

Charlie raised his hand up immediately, ready to answer Wonka’s question. Wonka points toward Charlie.

“Is it because of Augustus Gloop?” Charlie asked.

Mr. Wonka beamed at the answer, though it felt more like a question. Nevertheless, he three Charlie a fizzy sweet, which he managed to catch between his hands.

“Good catch,” Mr. Wonka smiled.

It wasn’t long before he noticed Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich holding their hoofs up.

“Yes?”

“Well, you see, Mr. Wonka sir,” Pinkie Pie began. “Me and Cheese just wanted to know…”

Before Pinkie could finish, Cheese leapt on top of Pinkie Pie, which made her a wobble a bit.

“How did you start your chocolate making career?” He asked quickly.

Suffice to say, Mr. Wonka was taken aback by that question. No one ever asked him about his past before. It took a deep long thought before responding…

Actually, it only took a minute, but you get the gist.

“Well, I suppose I could tell you if you are all interested.”

“Oh yes please, please, please!” Pinkie begged.

“I’d like to hear it too,” Charlie added.

“So do I, Charlie Boy,” Grandpa Joe said, putting his hand on his grandson’s shoulder.

“Yes please,” The rest of the group said, in unison.

A big smile formed on Mr. Wonka’s face, as he slowly lowered his cane to the ground.

“Okay then, this sure will be a good way to pass the time,” Mr. Wonka said, ecstatically. “Now, could I have everyone sitting please?”

The group began to sit down, as Wonka took a seat on a giant mushroom.

“My story began during my teenage years when I was still in school. I was trying to figure out what my career ought to be. Then one day, it all became so clear to me…”

<>

YEARS AGO

Willy Wonka sat on his desk, writing along a piece of paper… Actually, writing was a problem as well… The pens never worked, neither did any of the school’s equipment: Broken lights flicked, chairs wobbled on loose legs, and not to mention the windows were dodgy. The list of everything wrong with the school would go on and on.

RING!!!

A small bell draws everyone’s attention.

“Alright class,” The teacher began. “Today, we are going to learn to do things cheaply and efficiently. To demonstrate, I’ve made a pair of teeth with cheap material.

The teacher, making sure everyone was paying attention, pulls out a pair of teeth that were… Rather unimpressive. They were tattered, broken, and just plain messy, as if it were made in under a day or so.

“As you can see, I’ve made these teeth out of all the old materials. Paper, plastic, leaves, lead…”

Just then, Mr. Wonka raised his hand, which the teacher took notice.

“Yes, what is it?” He asked sternly.

“Well sir,” Wonka spoke, nervously. “You see you mention putting lead in your teeth. I don’t think that’s a good idea because if you expose your mouth to enough lead, it’ll eventually lead to lead poisoning. That in turn leads to headaches amongst other things.”

Needless to say, the Teacher was not very pleased with Wonka’s choice of words.

“Son, come here,” He ordered, waving his finger.

Wonka complied, as he slowly rose from his chair. He began to walk towards the teacher, holding his breath tightly with a nervous expression.

“Who are you?” The teacher asked.

“Willy sir,” Wonka answered. “Willy Wonka.”

“Well, Mr. Willy Wonka, as you can see we do things cheaply. Everyone in this room does it cheaply because that’s how our country thrives. If you expect to make products out of expensive material you’d have to steal to make happen, then I’ll tell you young man that you are a complete and utter… SNOZZBERRY!!!”

SPLAT!!!

The teacher had picked up a cream pie and hurled it into Wonka’s face. The room went quiet, as all the students looked on in bewilderment. They didn’t know to be sad or angry, but as they can see young Willy Wonka’s life was utterly painful and embarrassing.

<>

In the very dark streets, Willy Wonka was walking back home from school after a humiliating day with his teacher.

“Why does this happen to me?!?!” He asked himself. “Do I really deserve a cream pie to the face? I would’ve settled with having my knuckles hit with a ruler.”

As he walked by, his eyes were drawn to several shop windows, with signs attached reading: ‘The World’s Cheapest Bike’, ‘Hot Dogs made of Soil’, and of course, ‘Song Books without Lyrics’.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a song book with NO LYRICS TO SING!!!

*Clears throat* Any who, along the way, Wonka came by a stand run by a young blond-haired woman in her 30s. A grin formed on her face, as she held a tray with chocolate bars, standing next to a sigh which says, ‘Toffy Loffy’s Chocolate Bars: I make ‘em cheap, so you don’t have to!’ Wonka just groaned at the words but couldn’t help sharing interests with the samples on that tiny tray.

“Well… Guess there’s nothing wrong in trying one,” He said, to himself.

Wonka picks up a sample and slowly places it in his mouth, he chews for a while then swallows it. Suddenly, he received a feeling he never felt before, something new, something interesting, it was… Completely disgusting.

“Oh… What did I just eat?!”

Wonka’s face turned green as he ran towards a nearby bin, vomiting into it.

Like the time you took a bite from that cup; had to go to the hospital to get it checked.

Oh sure, tell the whole Fimfiction community why don’t you?

<>

A few minutes later, Willy Wonka managed to get back home. He approached the door, reaching for the spare key in his pocket. He soon unlocks the door and steps inside.

“What a day,” Wonka sighed.

As he enters through the house, he walks toward the living room with its pink walls, tiny television, and smooth medium size sofa. Wonka takes a seat when he accidentally knocks something off the side table. Eyes widening, he quickly picks it up and in his hands it’s an old family photo in a barely stable frame.

It showed Willy Wonka, at the age of five, his dad in a white coat and glasses with graying hair, and his mother, with blonde hair, a pink shirt, and blue pants. On her ring finger is a wedding ring, which resembled a rose. Willy looks at the photo with complete sadness.

“Why sweetie,” A female voice said, as a figure appears. “Didn’t realize you came home.”

The woman’s arrival took Willy by surprise.

“Oh… Hi mum.”

Willy Wonka kept looking at the photo, which concerned Willy’s mother. She takes a seat next to him, sitting quietly for a moment.

“What’s wrong, Willy?” She asked, gently. “Did something happen at school?”

“Well, after I explained to my teacher why lead teeth was a bad idea, I got a cream pie to the face,” He explained. “He also called me a Snozzberry… Whatever that means.”

Willy’s mom widened at the mention of the word ‘snozzberry’ which he soon took notice.

“What is it mom? Is it an insult?”

Unsure of what to say, his mother quickly leans toward her son and whispers into his ear… His eyes widen, realizing what that word actually means.

“Let’s not mention this again,” Wonka requested.

“Agreed,” She nodded, trying to forget. “Though I presume that’s not the only thing bothering you.”

Wonka merely nods in response.

“Ever since dad died, it’s been tough for both of us. Trying to find a job, while everyone treats me like I’m crazy. I mean dad was a dentist, a successful one. How can I live up to that?”

“Oh honey, I know it’s been hard,” His mom said, sympathetically. “But it gets better eventually.”

“But how? The whole world is… CHEAP! The folks around town don’t fix their roof, they’re feeding their dogs mud, and I’ll tell you if a cowgirl had a dog and someone fed the little tike mud she’d go ballistic!”

:ajbemused: Oh, you bet I would

His mother gently grabbed his hands, drawing his attention.

“My boy, you just have one thing no one’s got,” She replied.

Willy Wonka tried to find the right words, but nothing came to mind.

“And that is?” He asked.

“Pure Imagination! No one can ever take that away from you. I’ve seen your drawings, you got what it means to be successful.”

To prove her point, his mother took out Wonka’s Sketch book, which she gives to Willy.

“You know what I do when I want things to come true?” She asked.

“I’m not sure,” Willy replied, shaking his head.

“Hold your break… Make a wish… Count to three,” She smiled. “Who knows? The next idea you come up with will solve all the world’s problems.”

Then his mother kissed him gently on the forehead, which Willy returns with a smile and hug.

“Anyways, I best get back to the kitchen,” His mother replied. “Them bangers and mash won’t get prepared by themselves, you know? I’ll call you in as soon as they’re done.”

“Sure thing, mum,” Wonka said.

As his mother left the room, he turns back toward his sketch book. Opening the book, he began to gaze upon the sketches he drew growing up. The one that got his attention was a certain room, of which one will find most familiar. But what he didn’t know was this:

That drawing was only the beginning…