• Published 18th Jul 2020
  • 1,003 Views, 63 Comments

Pokemon the Movie: Voice of the Ocean - Banshee531



Join Flash and his friends as they find themselves at a city on the ocean. There they will find a dark force preparing to cause mayhem, and the only way to stop it is to help a young girl overcome her demons and find her voice once again.

  • ...
2
 63
 1,003

Chapter 4

To say everyone at the festival was excited was an understatement.

As Flash and his friends travelled throughout the town, smiles and laughter filling the streets as they saw the many games and stands they could enjoy. "Incredible. There's so much here." Twilight commented as she saw a bunch of kids play a water gun game using water pistols shaped like Water-type starters. Beside it were several clowns handing out balloons shaped like Sirenity while a nearby stage was filled with musicians.

"Hey guys!" the others turned to Flash, "Why should we be the only ones to have any fun?"

Cue This Side of Paradise.

He took out his Pokeballs and threw them into the air, unleashing Skyler, Riptide, Prongs, Viper and Hopper. The five all let out cries of joy as they appeared, the others smiling before pulling out their Pokeballs.

"Come on out guys!" Twilight cheered as she threw her Pokeballs, Shine and Owlicious appearing.

"It's party time!" Doc added, letting out Higear, Tockwork and Flitanium. The Pokémon all cheered, Vinyl and Octavia seeing this and brought out Noibat and Kricketune.

The trainers and their Pokémon quickly all grabbed some food from different stands, scoffing them down as they started to venture into the festival. They first ran into cardboard cut-outs of famous Pokémon with holes instead of the heads, Flash and Springer doing it while Twilight and Doc took pictures. Laughing at the sight, Flash pulled Twilight into another cut-out, Shine joining her as she growled at the trainer. This was followed by Flash and Twilight needing to be pulled away from a ring toss game, mainly due to the anger and rage that was happening between the two over constant failure.

While this was happening, Hopper used Iron Tail on a Test Your Strength as Shine used her psychic abilities to control the dart balloon popping game. Springer and Riptide played a maze ball game, Riptide using his Water Gun to push the ball away from any holes. As for Peewee, Skyler, Owlicious and Noibat, they were playing a Ball in a Cup game, all using their wings to blow the ball away from the undesirable cups.

Once they had been shooed away from the games section for quote/unquote 'cheating', they headed over to an arcade. Everyone quickly rushed over to a game, Flash playing Sonic the Sandslash, Spike trying Munchlax-Man several times, but unable to get past the first level since the Ghastly kept getting him. Even Sonata got in on the fun, thrashing all challengers on a Ludicolo dancing game she was a master at.

After that, they headed over to a more open section of the city where a bunch of carnival rides had been set up. They and their Pokémon got to ride a bunch of roller-coasters, almost hurling after riding a waltzer. The group split into twos after this so they could ride a Tentacruel styled octopus ride before almost getting whiplash while riding a Miami Trip. There was even a small obstacle course they could enjoy, Flash constantly being challenged by his Pokémon to try and beat him.

Afterwards, Octavia announced her time on the stage was coming up. The group nodded back, all going over to the place so they could enjoy an hour of Octavia's beautiful cello music, improved greatly with Kricketune providing the some extra symphony with its arms. The many music lovers of the group were ecstatic by the performance, even with the ones that didn't really get classical music like Flash, Spike and even Vinyl. Despite this, they knew they were listening to something great.

"YEAH! GO OCTAVIA!" Vinyl yelled above everyone else as Octavia finished her final song, the rest of the crowd letting out their own applause. As they did, Sonata looked around at all the smiling faces, unable to keep back a grin on her own face. The sight made her remember the speech Mayor Novo had made earlier, the looks on everyone's face showing they still remembered her sisters. They weren't just having fun for themselves, but for the two girls who couldn't be there.

"I see..." She reached up and ran her hand over her necklace. "Adagio, Aria, I hope you're watching me." The girl then reached into her jacket and felt the book hidden within it. "I'm gonna live, and not just for myself. I'm gonna live enough of a life for all three of us together. So if you're watching, please wish me luck."


Meanwhile...

"Looks like somebody's happy." White commented as they watched the screens.

"That's good," Black added, "If she's happy, that means there's more chance she'll sing and give us what we need."

"Exactly." The two turned to see Guile walk into the room, adjusting his helmet with a slight pull, "And the more likely she is to sing, the easier it'll be for us." Black got out of the seat and let him sit down, watching as the group left the stage area. He also saw the happy smile on Sonata's face, making him grit his teeth under the helmet. "Yes...I'm so close now. Come on, sing for me."


The group had grabbed a full lunch now, all sitting in a nearby square where the noise of the festival wouldn't drown out their voices as they spoke and ate. "That last song was really amazing," Twilight said first as they sat on several benches while the Pokémon sat on the floor.

"Thank you," Octavia replied with a long nod, "I've been working on it longer then any of my other songs. I first came up with it in the first week of our journey."

Vinyl giggled at this, "HA! Oh, I remember that! We got lost between towns and couldn't find the Pokémon Center. Octavia was totally flipping out because we had to camp out of the first time."

Everyone laughed while Octavia shot her a glare. "Yes, well I had a hard time sleeping because of it. That's when I heard it. The forest Pokémon began to sing a song I had never heard of, one so majestic and radiant that I absolutely had to write it down. After that, it was just a matter of shifting the music so I could reconstruct it on a cello."

"Well I think it came out perfect," Sonata assured her while the others nodded.

"Thank you darling. I'm happy all my hard work was appreciated." It was at this moment that she finished her food, slowly glancing up at the sky next, "You know, that's when I realized the world of Pokémon is filled with inspiration if you're looking in the right place."

"I couldn't agree more," Doc added, "Since travelling with Flash and the others, I've learnt so much more then what I would have if I'd stayed home."

The others nodded in agreement, Twilight doing a small sigh as Shine jumped in her lap, "Sometimes I miss home...but I wouldn't trade my adventures for all the books I had at home."

Everyone else chuckled at her statement, Sonata shining a huge smile at this. She then unzipped her jacket and took it off, everyone turning to see her wearing a purple leather jacket under her other one. As she took it off, she pulled her notebook out and held it close. And before anyone could ask, she spoke up, "I've been thinking about something my sisters wanted to do before they...you know. They wanted to go out and see the world, just like all of you." They all exchanged glances before nodding back, "I...I think that's something I want to do too. I want to go out and see the world beyond Vocanctus. And who knows, maybe I'll get inspired like Octavia was."

"I'm sure you will," Octavia assured her. "But can you really leave the city?"

"Yeah," Vinyl added, "What about your priestess role?"

Sonata shook her head. "Flash told me something yesterday, he said my ancestor wouldn't have wanted the role she gave our family to trap us here. And I...I think he's right. I want to go on a journey and come back next year, with songs inspired by the world I've seen." She turned to Flash, "Is the offer still open to let me come?"

Flash nodded back with a big grin before turning to the others, "You guys okay with another travel partner?"

Twilight shined a wide smile, "I always love having another girl in the group. And maybe you can tell me more about the history of Vocanctus."

"I don't mind," Spike added while giving her a thumbs up. "Just wait, travelling with us is awesome."

"Welcome aboard," Doc finished with a small nod.

"Thanks. I'm gonna talk to Mayor Novo about it after the festival is over. No matter what she says, I'm going on a journey of my own." With that, she sat back, letting out a long sigh of relief. She realized she hadn't had this much fun in over a year, now remembering all the good days of having fun.

And as she reached the very peak of being relaxed, she did something none of her friends expected. She began to sing.

Everyone turned to her in surprise as her voice sent out wave after wave of the rhythmic chanting, the soothing melody sung using the mysterious language only Sonata understood. Unbeknownst to any of them, they were listening to the song in Sonata's notebook, the melody she would be singing tomorrow for the closing act of the festival.

They dare not speak or make any sound, not wanting to miss a single second of the song. The Pokémon were even quiet, most closing their eyes as the song flew through their bodies and calmed them. The melody was something of true beauty.

But as this happened, a certain little Surskit watched the girl with a certain determined glare.


"Yes," Guile exclaimed, "Yes, yes, yes!" He began typing away at the computer, recording software appearing on almost every screen. The sound, the pitch, the rhythm of every note now appearing on each screen. "That's it my dear, sing! Sing to your heart's content!" His fingers bashed the keyboard as the computer continued to record everything, decoding every single note. And as Sonata began to wrap up her song, he looked up with a big grin under his helmet.

"Finally...after all that waiting." Guile chuckled, "With this, Sirenity will be mine!"

"So what now?" Black asked him as she and White stepped into the room.

"Simple. Now that I've analyzed her voice, I can use this system to simulate it and make it be like she's singing the song I want. Now all I need is her."

"Then let's go get her," White chimed in.

"Yes, let's." Guile replied while standing up, drawing his sword while pulling out a Pokeball. "And this time, nothing will stop me."


Back with the others...

Sonata's song had come to an end, everyone clapping as Octavia said, "That was amazing! It has to be one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard!"

"And that language was so mysterious," Twilight added, "I wish I could learn it."

Sonata smiled back while shaking her head, "I'm afraid the only people allowed to know that song is our members of my family. As the last surviving member, I'll have to teach it to the next generation." She then gave a coy smile, "The only ones getting to learn it will be my kids and their father." Only Springer noticed the girl's eyes shift to glance at Flash as she said that, quickly looking away before she was caught.

"That's a shame," Twilight sighed.

"It's probably for the best," Octavia chimed in, "Imagine if some scrupulous individual learned it. They could craft a song that might take control of Sirenity and use it for evil."

"That's why it's safe in the priestesses hands only," Vinyl responded while shooting a finger gun at Sonata. "With you, even if the song falls into a bad guy's hands, you'll be able to stop Sirenity."

Sonata blushed at that, "Yeah...no pressure there."

Everyone laughed at that. But as she said this, a bright light suddenly caught their eyes, making them turn to see the light filling the area between them and the exit leading out to the festival. That light quickly faded, letting them see four figures inside, two humanoid while the other two were shapes Flash, Springer and Sonata all recognized.

"Not you guys again," Flash growled as he got up, the light fading to reveal Black, White and their Pokémon.

"Hello again," Black replied as Malamar and Cloyster moved in front of them. "I'm sure you know why we're here."

Sonata's eyes shrunk at this, only to see Flash walk in front of her, "If you want Sonata, you've gotta go through me."

"Riolu!" Springer added as he and the rest of Flash's Pokémon walked up, the others blinking at the sight.

"Flash, are those two-" Twilight asked, getting a quick nod from Flash. No more words needed now, the girl along with Doc and Spike hopping off their seats as their Pokémon gathered around Sonata.

"Uh...does someone wanna fill me in?" Vinyl chimed in next, Octavia nodding in agreement.

"Yes! What on earth is going on?!"

"Those two want to kidnap me," Sonata replied while pointing at them, "They attacked me yesterday, but Flash saved me."

"And lover boy won't have as much luck as he did last time," White growled.

"Oh yeah?" Flash barked back, "Because last time I was on my own and I did alright. Now all my friends are here with me," They all got into a battle stance. "I have to say I like my odds."

"Really?" Black chuckled, "Then why don't we worsen those odds. Malamar!" The floating squid flew in front of them before the lights on its chest lit up.

Twilight gasped, "Don't look into the lights!" The humans all closed their eyes, along with several Pokémon, but some of them didn't react in time, the group now hearing the sound of bodies slumping to the ground.

When the light faded, they opened their eyes to see Peewee, Prongs, Hopper and Shine on the ground. Noibat and Kricketune had also been hit, both falling as well. "Not good," Flash grumbled before glaring at their armored adversaries. "Don't think that scares us! Let's go guys!"

"RI!" Springer roared as he charged, Riptide, Viper Higear and Tockwork following as Skyler, Owlicious and Flitanium took to the air.

"Cloyster!" The clamp Pokémon leapt forward, "Icicle Spear!"

"Cloy!" It yelled as icicles shot out of its body, firing in several directions as it knocked its opponents back, allowing Malamar to attack.

"Psycho Cutter!" The squid raised its large tentacles and swung them around, unleashing multiple pink crescent-like blades of energy.

"RI/TOCK/CARRR!" Springer, Tockwork and Viper cried out as they were blasted back, the others dodging the attack.

"Guys!" Flash yelled, Twilight turning to him.

"Flash, you have to get Sonata out of here." He raised both eyebrows at this, "Get her back to the festival and tell the mayor or someone what's happening. We're all witnesses. There's no way she won't believe us."

Flash sighed but nodded, "Alright." He grabbed Sonata's hand, "come on." He pulled her next, both running to the exit of the square, Black frowning under her helmet.

"Oh no you don't," she pointed at them. "Malamar!"

"MALAMAR!" The psychic squid roared as it leapt up and unleashed another Psycho Cutter, hitting the building above the two. An explosion followed this, knocking Flash and Sonata off their feet.

Pain surged through their bodies, Sonata not noticing her necklace fly off her as she fell. And before she could notice, Flash picked himself up and grabbed her. "Hurry!" He pulled her up and ran, Springer now getting up while shaking his head.

"Springer!" he turned to Twilight, "Go with him, just in case. We'll handle things here!" Springer nodded and ran after the two, "Owlicious, Mind Force!"

"Owl!" Owlicious glowed blue before beating its wings, the light shining as it went after their opponents.

"Protect!" Cloyster jumped in front of Black and Whire, surrounding them in a blue energy orb. The Mind Force was then negated, hitting the barrier before morphing into a shockwave. And while the Cloyster and girls were safe, the shockwave hit the sleeping Pokémon, causing them all to wake up.

"Terra/Nee/Rush/Leaf/Gear/Noy/Tune?" The six yelped as they started to pick themselves up, now seeing their friends in the heat of a battle.

As this happened, Spike saw they were getting up and yelled, "Guys! Use Dragon Breath along with Flamethrower and Energy Ball!" Peewee, Viper and Prongs turned to Malamar, all unleashing their attacks as the squid countered by opening its beak.

"Flamethrower!" Black ordered, the squid unleashing a stream of fire that matched the three's attack.

"Spike Cannon!" White told Cloyster, another barrage of missiles now coming out of its shell.

"Steel Wing!" Doc ordered, both Skyler and Flitanium beginning to deflect the spikes. Shine then galloped ahead, preparing the attack Twilight was about to call. But before she could fire, Cloyster teleported away and put her in line with Malamar.

"Psybeam!" Twilight ordered before Shine unleashed her psychic blast, hitting Malamar head-on, only for the evil squid to seem like it wasn't phased by the attack.

"Zap Cannon!" Doc yelled, Tockwork firing a sphere of electrical energy at Malamar next.

"Night Slash!" The tips of Malamar's large tentacles glowed before it spun like a top, cutting the Zap Cannon in half before hitting Tockwork head on.

"Tock!" It cried as it was sent flying back, Kricketune and Noibat running past it as it fell over.

"Use X-Scissor!" Octavia told Kricketune, whose bladed hands started to glow.

"Air Slash!" Noibat beat its wings, a volley of wind blades now striking Malamar, stopping it from spinning. This left it open for Kricketune to slash at it with X-Scissor. But as this hit, Malamar seemed barely phased by this attack as Black gave her next order.

"Flamethrower!" Malamar unleashed another burst of fire, hitting Kricketune head on.

"Kricketune!" Octavia cried as her Pokémon staggered back, Hopper running past the bug while charging at Cloyster at high speed.

"Iron Tail!" Spike yelled as the Velocirush spun around, his tail glowing.

"Protect!" Cloyster was once again sealed within an orb of blue energy, Hopper's attack bouncing off it.

"Mystical Fire!" The Galarian Ponyta unleashed a surge of fire from its horn, hitting the side of Cloyster's shell seconds after its Protect vanished. Cloyster didn't notice the flames, only for the increasing heat started to make it turn into a steamed clam.

"Teleport!" It suddenly vanished out of the flame's path and appear above Shine, falling as it tried to crush the ponyta. But as it did this, Skyler flew down and grabbed Shine before it could land.

Twilight ran over to her Pokémon, looking her over before glaring at the armored girls and their Pokémon. "They're good. Really good."

"Yeah..." Doc added, "Even against all of us, they're holding their own."

"So what do we do?" Spike asked next.

"Keep fighting," Twilight replied, "And hopefully, Flash will be back soon and with some reinforcements."


At the same time...

Flash, Springer and Sonata were still running through the streets, the trio soon coming to a stop at a large deserted street, with one of the wider and deeper of the city's canals beside them. "Alright, this should be far enough away." He turned to Sonata, "Can you get us to the square from here?"

Sonata nodded back, "Yeah, shouldn't be too hard."

"Good. As long as the route doesn't take us close to where we just were, those two shouldn't be able to find us." Sonata nodded again before frowning back, making Flash ask, "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry Flash. It's because of me that you and your friends are put in danger."

Flash smiled and shook his head before placing a hand on her shoulder. "This isn't your fault. You didn't ask to be the priestess, so stuff that happens because of it isn't your fault. And even if it wasn't you, it'd be somebody else. I would do this no matter who it was that needs help."

Sonata blinked at this, a tinge of red appearing on her face before she replied, "You're right. Thanks Flash." As she said this, she instinctively reached up to her neck, only to gasp, "Huh?!" She glanced down, now seeing her neck was bare, "My necklace! Its gone!" The girl's eyes went wide, "Wha-where is it?!"

Flash and Springer looked around, seeing if it'd fallen nearby. But as they did, a new sound caught their attention. Loud, heavy footsteps. They echoed through the street, getting louder with each stomp on the ground. "What the-" Was all Flash could say as Springer began to reach out and sense the owner of the footsteps.

"Riolu!" He spun around and pointed at a nearby street, Flash and Sonata following his gaze.

"Another one?" Flash asked as an armored figure walking up, a sword strapped to his hip. The knight came to a stop several feet away, his attention squarely focused on Sonata.

"Ah...it's nice to finally meet you after all this time."

"Who...who are you?" Sonata asked as Flash and Springer stepped in front of her.

"Of course. Allow me to introduce myself." He drew his sword, "My name is Guile Hideout. And you, young priestess, will be coming with me."

"She's not going anywhere with you," Flash growled back, Springer nodding in agreement. "Are you working with those other two?"

"Of course I'm not working with them," Guile spat, "They work for me. Now, step aside before you get hurt."

"I don't think so," Flash replied while pumping his fists, "You ready to take this creep down Springer?"

"Ri!" Springer responded, getting into a battle stance.

"Typical! There's always some wannabe hero." Guile sighed before snapping his fingers. A metallic sound rang out from his digits, his Surskit suddenly jumping down from a nearby rooftop. "Don't say I didn't warn you brat!" With that, Surskit charged at the duo, skating along the ground like it was a covered in ice. "Bubblebeam!" Surskit leapt up next, pointing its antenna at Springer while unleashing a stream of bubbles.

"Dodge it!" Flash ordered before Springer sidestepped the attack, the bubbles now drenching the ground. "Extreme Speed!" With that, Springer's speed tripled as blue lightning began to spark off him. And as Surskit landed, Springer began to circle around him before unleashing a powerful kick right to its face.

"SKIT!" It cried out as it was thrown back, Guile managing to catch it in his hands and see it was seriously injured by that one attack.

"Ha!" Flash cheered, "This'll be easier then I thought!"

Guile growled before placing Surskit on his shoulder and holding up his sword. "Don't get cocky kid. You may be able to beat Surskit alone, but against us both, you don't stand a chance."

Flash and Sonata both raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?" His answer soon came as Guile ran up with his sword, now holding it in a pre-slashing gesture. "What the-Aura Sphere!" Springer quickly formed the blue orb and fired it, the knight stopping his in tracks before placing the sword in front of him.

The Aura Sphere hit the blade...only to reflect right off and hit its creator. "Ri?!" Was all Springer could say before the orb struck him, exploding and sending him flying back.

"Springer!" Flash yelled as he caught him, he and Sonata both wide-eyed at the scene.

"But...how?" Sonata asked as Guile let out a laugh.

"Behold the mighty sword, Instant. Capable of deflecting any attack right back at its user. With this, nothing you do will harm me. Now you see what I mean when I said you didn't stand a chance."

Flash and Sonata both glared at him as he prepared to attack again, Springer hopping out of Flash's hands. "Riolu!"

"You're right Springer! We can't let that thing scare us!" Flash responded as he flashed his arm in front of Sonata, "Stay back Sonata, we won't let this creep win!"


Meanwhile...

Down below in it's underground home, Sirenity was relaxing on a rock while its subjects played.

The legendary had a hidden smile as it watched Poliwag and Wooper chase each other, both firing tiny Water Guns in a playful manner. But as it watched, its eyes suddenly shot open before glancing at the ceiling. "Sir?" it asked itself, the Water-Fairy type now feeling a great dread.

It feel like....something was threatening things. Something it treasured was in trouble.

And as it picked itself up, its only thought was on one person: Sonata.


"Sky Attack!" Owlicious flew up high as its body began to glow, now ready to slam into Malamar.

"Night Slash!" Black ordered, Malamar spinning like a top as it charged at Owlicious. The two connected, both slamming into each other with enough force to knock them both back. Seeing this, the others started yelling attacks at Malamar while it was off balance.

"Incinerate!" Spike yelled as Peewee fired a super strong fireball, Malamar barely managing to launch a Psycho Cutter at it, only to see Prongs, Viper and Kricketune running up to it. "Bounce and Flame Wheel!"

"X-Scissor!" The three launched their attacks at the squid, slamming it in the chest. It fell back into Cloyster, who bounced over to it protectively.

"Mystical Fire!"

"Air Slash, Zap Cannon and Gear Grind!"

"Hyper Voice!" The five launched their attacks, the flames, air blade, electro sphere, gears and sound blast all flying toward the clam.

"Protect!" It created a force field that blocked the attacks, only for Riptide and Hopper to get up close.

"Ice Punch and Quick Attack!" Spike called out as the shield disappeared, letting the two leap and throw their attacks at it. But Cloyster quickly withdrew into its shell, the force of the impacts pushing it back only a few inches.

"Icicle Spear!" White ordered, Cloyster beginning to unleash a barrage of ice missiles outs of its shell. But Riptide and Hopper leapt back without getting hit as Owlicious flew in front of them.

"Mind Force!" The Owlolar glowed before beating its wings, sending a psychic blast that struck Cloyster before it or Malamar could react. The clam Pokémon was knocked back by the explosion, the shockwave also flying through the square and hitting everyone.

And when it hit both Black and White, the two suddenly froze before going limp, both clutching their heads. "Ugh..." Black moaned, "What's...happening?"

"My head! It...hurts." White cried in pain.

This caused the others to come to a stop, confusion on their faces. This confusion intensified when Malamar picked itself up and unleashing a bunch of Psycho Cutters at them, the explosions forcing them all back before Malamar turned to the two and flashed its chest lights.

Black and White started at it for several seconds, once again going limp until the lights stopped. A huff came out of the two next as Black turned to the group, "Right. Now, where were we?"

"What was that all about?" Spike asked his sister.

"I'm...not sure." She didn't get the chance to really think about it as Cloyster got back up as White ordered another Icicle Spear. She gasped as all the missiles were aimed at her Owlolar, Twilight not having the time to call a counter before they struck.

"OWL!" Owlicious cried as he fell back, hitting the ground hard.

"NO!" She screamed while running over to him, Black laughing at this.

"One down," she cackled before turning to the others. "Now, who's next?" The others just growled at her, their Pokémon doing the same as they stood by their side.


"Drain Punch!" Flash yelled as Springer leapt forward, pulling his fist back to sock Guile in the helmet.

But before it could land, the knight raised his sword and blocked the punch. Doing so caused the attack to hit Springer back, blasting him away with a yelp. "Now," he pointed at the teen with his sword, "Signal Beam!" Surskit focused its antenna at them before firing a pink beam of energy, Flash barely managing to grab Sonata to leap out of the way of the attack.

"Gyah!" Flash cried as the force sent him and Sonata flying into a building, Flash spinning around to cushion the girl upon impact. "Augh!" he moaned they both fell over, Flash holding his ribs as he saw Guile and Surskit walking over to them, "Springer, Double Team!"

Springer nodded as hopped to his feet before creating copies of himself, the Riolu army staring Guile down. "Seriously? You're using this party trick?"

"Yes," Flash replied as he helped Sonata up. "Your sword's good, but it's clear you can only block one attack at a time." The Springer army leapt up next, each creating a smaller than usual Aura Sphere. "Take this! Aura Sphere, BARRAGE!" The Riolu fell toward Guile, each thrusting a tiny sphere as Guile chuckled at the sight, the knight taking out a Pokeball in response.

"Times up. Come on out," he whispered as the ball opened. Seconds later, the Aura Spheres made contact, an explosion following this as it wiped out the army.

The real Springer flew back and landed gracefully in front of the teens, smirking at the large cloud covering Guile. "Riolu!"

"Way to go bud," Flash told him as he and Sonata watched the cloud begin to fade, only to go wide-eyed at the next sight. A large blue mass was now sitting where Guile once stood, the shape looking like a coil of curled up rope. The coil soon began to uncurl itself as the top lifted into view, revealing the face of a Pokémon known and feared world wide. A Gyarados.

"GYAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH!" It roared, the sound echoing across the whole town, even being heard over the noise of the festival. The rest of its body quickly uncurled itself, revealing Guile looking completely unharmed.

"You were saying?" He asked as Gyarados growled at them, "I think it's time to bring this game to an end." With that, he charged at them as Gyarados opened its mouth, firing a Hydro Pump.

Flash gasped before pushing Sonata out of the way, seconds before the Hydro Pump hit the ground, knocking both trainer and Pokémon flying back, "WHOA!" Flash yelled before hitting the dirt, "Blaugh!"

"Flash!" Sonata cried as she saw him roll across the ground while Springer spun and landed on his feet.

"RI!" The Riolu charged at the mighty water eel next, using Extreme Speed in efforts of getting there before it could unleash another super powered attack. But before he could hit it, Gyarados fired another blast of water from its mouth, this water attack spiraling and creating a whirlpool in the air. Springer let out a yelp before finding himself sucked into the whirlpool, the water swinging him around as he tried to hold his breath.

"RIO!" He cried out as he flung out of the water, crashing into a building on the other side of the canal before falling over.

"SPRINGER!" Flash yelled as he picked himself up, only to find Guile standing right in front of him before he slammed the butt of his sword into his gut. "AUGH!" Flash staggered back, Guile continuing his assault by slapping him with a metal clad hand before jumping back.

"Signal Beam!" Surskit unleashed another pink blast, hitting Flash right in the chest.

"FLASH!" Sonata screamed as Flash slumped over, his body falling to the ground like a brick. And as the girl tried to run over to him, she suddenly found a blade pointed right at her, making her backpedal, "No...stay away!"

"I don't think so. You're coming with me." With that, he held up his left arm and Sonata saw some kind of watch strapped around it. "I have her, come and get us."


"Understood," Black replied to no one as she turned to the others. "We're done here. Let's get going."

"Finally!" White sighed, everyone knowing from the tone of her voice that she was rolling her eyes. "Let's blow these lamos." With that, she and the Pokémon joined up as everyone placed a hand of Cloyster's shell.

"Wait!" Twilight yelled as the others charged at them, but Cloyster's shell glowed a light that surrounded the four before they vanished in a blink of an eye. "No! They teleported!"

"But why'd they leave?" Spike asked, Doc humming at the question.

"That girl in the black armor seemed to be talking to someone. Maybe they have a partner and they...oh no."

"Flash," Twilight gasped before turning to the others, "We have to find them!"

"Come on then," Vinyl almost yelled before running toward the exit Flash and Sonata had escaped through. The others followed suit with Twilight at the back of the pack. But just before she left, something glinted in the corner of her eye, making her turn and look down.

"Huh?" She said as her eyes fell on the red gem sitting on the street, "Where did this come from?" She reached down and picked it up, only to go wide-eyed as she recognized it, "This is..."


"I said stay away!" Sonata screamed as Guile continued to walk up to her.

"Or what?" Guile cackled, "Your little bodyguards are down for the count. There's nothing you can do." Sonata's eyes shifted over to Flash and Springer, seeing them both laid out as panic started to consume her, "That's what I thought," Guile reached out to grab her. "Just come with me and don't make this difficult."

But before he could touch her, the water in the canal behind them exploded. They all turned to it, now seeing a giant column of water before a creature Guile and Sonata recognized inside it glared down at them. He chuckled at the sight, "Ah...Sirenity. So you've finally shown yourself. Good, as that means I don't have to come looking for you." Sirenity growled as the water exploded off its body, the horse-fish floating in the air as the gem in its chest glowed. Seconds later, it unleashed a Hyper Beam right at Guile.

"Gyarados!" He ordered as his sea-serpent fired its own Hyper Beam, meeting Sirenity's head on. The two blasts pushed against one another for several seconds before Sirenity's began to overpower Gyarados's, pushing it back and hitting Gyarados in the face. The Water Flying-type roared in pain as it fell back.

"Yes!" Sonata cheered, Sirenity turning to her and letting out a song-like cry that she understood as 'run away'. She nodded, giving Flash and Springer a quick glance before turning to one of the alleyways. But before she could even get started, a flash of light exploded in front of her as Black, White and their Pokémon appeared.

"Going somewhere?" Black asked, Sonata gasping as she heard Sirenity about to attack.

This time, Sirenity aimed her Hyper Beam at Guile, Sonata turning to him as she yelled, "WAIT! DON'T-"

But it was too late.

"SAI!" It roared as the beam exploded out of its mouth, heading straight for Guile. But the knight simply smiled and raised his sword, the attack making contact with the metal before simply bouncing up into the air. "Ren?" It purred in confusion before seeing the blast curve around and head straight for it.

"SIRENITY!" Sonata screamed as she tried to run to the legendary, only for Black and White to suddenly grab her arms, holding her back, "NO!"

All she could do was watch as the Hyper Beam struck the Legendary before it could defend itself, causing it to roar in pain, falling back from the blow.

"Malamar!" Black yelled as her squid flew over to Sirenity, flashing its lights in its face as it picked itself up off the ground.

"Don't look!" Sonata cried, only for Sirenity's gaze to fall upon the light, its weakened state allowing the Psychic Dark-type to begin to put it to sleep. It tried to fight the squid's power, only to slump over. "NO! SIRENITY!"

"HA! To think it would be this easy!" Guile laughed before turning to Sonata, "Now nothing can stop me."

"No..." said another voice, the group turning to see Flash now picking himself up, only able to get on one knee, "I won't...let you take them."

"Oh, how cute." Guile cackled, only to feel something flying toward him. "Huh-AUGH!" He cried as an Aura Sphere slammed into his head, the others turning to see Springer on all fours with one paw pointed at Guile. The force of the attack knocked Guile back, falling to his knees as his helmet fell off him.

Flash stared at the helmet as it clattered onto the ground, soon turning to its wearer as he recovered. He raised his head and removed his hands, revealing a face that caused Flash's eyebrows to raise. "I...I know you."

Guile's face was that of a middle-aged man, with tanned skin and a black beard running from both sides and down to his chin. A thin moustache could be seen on his lips and on his head was a blue bandanna with a stylized A on it. Flash's mind flashed back to a news report he had seen several months ago, announcing the sighting of the man standing right in front of him. "Archibald Kaito."

The man chuckled as he picked himself up. "Seems my reputation proceeds me." He picked up his helmet next as he continued, "But knowing who I am won't help you. Malamar, Surskit!" Surskit leapt off his shoulder and fired a Signal Beam at Flash while Malamar unleashed a Psycho Cutter that hit Springer.

"AUGH/RIOLU!" The two yelled as they were thrown back, both slamming into the ground once again.

"NO!" Sonata cried before Malamar suddenly appeared in front of her. The girl closed her eyes, only for Black and White to force them open, making her stare into the light from the squid. Within seconds, Sonata felt herself fall under its spell and slump over.

Archie chuckled as he placed his helmet back on him, pointing at Sirenity before Gyrados picked it up and placed it on its back. Once that was done, they all moved over to Cloyster and made sure they were touching its shell as it began to light up. As this happened, Flash groaned while cracking his eyes open. "No!" He yelled as he tried to move, barely able to hold out an arm as they vanished. "SONATA!"

That was all he could say as his face slumped into the dirt, consciousness leaving him as he heard Twilight's voice echo in the distance. "FLASH!" Despite his eyes closing, he saw a blurry figure running up, several others behind it before blacking out.

Author's Note:

Well, now you know who Guile is under the mask. For those who knew but kept it a secret, thanks. And now that he has everything he needs, one can only wonder what our heroes will do to stop him.