• Published 20th Feb 2020
  • 763 Views, 7 Comments

Go Big AND Go Home - Omegathyst



When Rainbow Dash moves in to live with Applejack's family, the two plan to give the barn a whole new makeover, inside and out. As part of their relationship staple, the two mares compete to add the best additions to the barn. Who will win?

  • ...
2
 7
 763

Prologue

A mix of rusty red, bright orange, and rosy pink decorated the sky above the rusty red barn and its luscious green fields. While the stallion and his wife were bucking and levitating apples off the trees, an orange mare laid on the couch with a blue pegasus sprawled on top of her. The earth pony was struggling in place, glancing up at the pegasus’ long grin.

“Told ya Applejack,” the pegasus ran her hoof down the mare’s blonde mane. “I’m not letting you do any apple-bucking on your day off. Give it a rest, will you?”

“Ah...alright, Rainbow,” Applejack relaxed her muscles, gently resting her head on the couch. After several seconds, Applejack jolted against Rainbow Dash, only to feel her marefriend push back against her even harder.

“Like I would fall for that trick,” Dash snickered. “Obviously my Wonderbolt training is superior to your farm body.”

“You love this body,” Applejack winked, grazing her hoof over her hindlegs before her expression went blank. “I...what do we do then?”

“Whadya mean?” Dash asked.

“On our days off,” Applejack shrugged. “We got everything, so the marketplace is a no go. Most of our friends already have their hooves full with shipments, animal care, what have you. Heck, Pinkie’s thinking of starting a family…”

Applejack looked up at Rainbow Dash for a split second before staring off into nothing.

“Speakin’ of family,” Applejack drawled out the words. “Havin’ you and Sugar Belle around the farm has been a mighty help. Catchin’ apples in the air, or with magic. The apple farm has been in better shape now than ever…”

“Thanks, Jack,” Dash’s shoulders loosened, as she tilted her head and gave a small smile. “I love you too.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.”

“Well, you spend more nights here than at the house in the sky,” Applejack pointed out. “Seems like an awfully lonely place to sleep.”

“I suppose,” Dash smirked, her tail swishing back and forth. “What was it you were going to ask me, Applejack?”

“Well, w-will you move with us? With me?” Applejack lifted her head till her nose was pressed against her marefriend’s nose, her bright green eyes blinking back at Rainbow Dash like a kitten that had a toy waved at her.

Rainbow Dash’s ears flattened as a blush appeared through her blue fur.

“Holy shit,” Dash whispered, glancing away from Applejack. “You think we’re ready?”

“We’ve been dating for six months, and I’m pretty sure that house of yours is growing dust bunnies by now,” Applejack chuckled, slowly lifting a hoof to press against Dash’s left cheek. “Just think, having Hearth’s Warming and Nightmare Night with family again. Doesn’t that sound nice?”

“It sounds more than nice,” Dash replied, her eyes meeting Applejack’s again. Her heart started a warmth within her chest that spread out through her whole body. “Maybe we can change the roof into a pad for me to launch into the sky, and land when I return from Wonderbolt practice.”

Unable to fight the feeling inside her, Rainbow Dash closed the distance between her and Applejack, feeling the warmth sparked by a fiery hot electricity as she pushed her head against her marefriend’s. She placed her left hoof over Applejack’s right hoof, and they separated the long kiss with several short ones, before breaking away entirely.

“S-Sorry,” Dash whispered. “I like the barn as it is, I just had a few visions for what it could be. Is that bad?”

“Not at all, sugarcube,” Applejack kissed Dash’s nose. “Heh, maybe we can create more windowspace in the barn with bigger windows. That way, you can fly in and out from every room.”

“Hey, I’m the one with the cool ideas!” Dash stood up from Applejack’s embrace, grinning from ear to ear. “We should paint over that dull chipped red, and replace it with a bright red!”

“We have a whole stack of family pictures in the closet,” Applejack added. “We should buy frames, and take new pictures for the five of us!”

“We should cut a hole into the roof, where I can fly into the house from the sky!” Dash smirked.

“I…” Applejack pressed her hooves into the couch, her mouth hanging open like a fish.

“Heh, don’t feel bad AJ. I’m the one who is 20% coo-”

“You should put clouds around the roof!” Applejack grinned. “That way, you can hop on them and then take off to Wonderbolt practice!”

Dash froze, staring at her marefriend.

“Top that, Rainbow Dash,” Applejack winked, stepping off the couch. “I’m gonna start on blueprints before dinner. Tell the others what we got planned, we’ll need them on board. Got that, sugarcube?”

Rainbow Dash nodded.

“That’s a good marefriend,” Applejack pressed her lips against Rainbow Dash’s for a hot second before walking upstairs. “Knock on my door when dinner’s ready, if you could.”

Rainbow Dash didn’t move a muscle until the click of the door upstairs snapped her out of her shock. Shaking her head like a wet dog, Dash jumped off the couch and flew towards the stairs.

“You’re on!” Dash shouted. “By the time I’m through with you, you’ll have the best damn barn Equestria’s ever seen!”

“Damn right!” Applejack shouted back. “Cause I’m in charge.”

Dash felt a heat rolling through her veins and down her legs, one that brought two different options to her mind. One, telling the family about Applejack’s plans right away. Two, showing the orange mare who is really in charge.

Shaking off the hot tension building inside her, Dash pushed the door open and flew outside, catching Big Mac and Sugar Belle in her sight.

“Hey you two!” Dash shouted before flying up close. “Applejack and I want to give the barn a huge makeover, inside and out. You in?”

“I...uh…” Big Mac stammered.

“That could be fun! I’d love to raise foals in a renovated barn,” Sugar Belle closed her eyes and smiled, leaning into her husband. Big Mac looked down at his wife briefly, before meeting Rainbow Dash’s eyes and nodding.

“Great,” Dash smirked knowingly. “Tell Apple Bloom as soon as she gets back from teaching. Applejack won’t know what’s coming, this barn is going to rock her world!”