• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,295 Views, 166 Comments

Ratchet and Clank: Family of Heroes - Blackdrag-rose



Starswirl and Autumn Blaze grow up on Veldin with a Lombax called Ratchet, where they'll begin an epic journey to save their galaxy from the dangers that plague it, unaware of the dangers that exist in their universe.

  • ...
12
 166
 1,295

PreviousChapters Next
Size: Dayni Moon

Ratchet and the others found that the tracker brought them to the Dayni Moon, a place full of agricultural facilities based on what Starsworl was able to figure out, meaning Luna had to know they were following her and was laying a trap for them, one that would fail in due time. Other than that the only thing he was able to discover before they headed down was that the moon's celestial cycle could be done in minutes, experiencing multiple sunrises and sunsets in an hour, which was of no importance to them since they weren't planning on being there too long. With that out of the way the group took the smaller ship down to the moon's surface and Ratchet found a landing pad for them to land on, allowing Autumn to find that there was a new weapon, the Shock Rocket, available and outfitted everyone with a brand new toy. There was also a platform off on the side, which seemed to be connected to some sort of robotic game or arena of some kind, which they ignored since Clank confirmed that it wasn't important to their mission.

As such the group started down the other path and opened fire on the farming robots and sheep that instantly lashed out at them, as odd as that seemed when Starswirl thought about it, though when the day changed to night they found that all of the sheep turned into large brutish werewolves. Starswirl and Autumn both seemed to think about what was happening before them, even if Ratchet and the others tore their foes down with ease, though it wasn't long before his brother waved his staff, calling down silver bolts of energy that wiped out the next group of enemies. Such a thing surprised them, since this was the first time they had seen him do such a thing, where Ratchet and Clank were sure that he had likely called on the power of the stars to smite his targets. Autumn, however, surrounded herself in a surge of energy and they watched as her body became more bulky, her hands and hooves turning into claws while she shifted into a werewolf form that possessed her normal colors, and it also had her horn.

For a moment Angela and Sasha had assumed that Autumn was going to take on her Nirik form, which Nika had heard a number of rumors about, but a werewolf form was new and must have been her way to integrate her power with the new sensation that she and Starswirl discovered, though they kept their guard up as she growled for a second and cut herself off as she regained her senses.

"Note to self: lunar energy transformation causes a massive rush... and a sense of violence." Autumn said, where she did sound more intimidating in this form, before she glanced at the enemies that were gathering in the area the group was heading towards, causing her to shift her stance for a moment, "Let's see if this is viable, or if I have to lock this spell away and forget about it."

They watched as she rushed down the path in front of them and slashed through the enemies that were blocking the way forward, which included tearing the arm out of a larger robot that seemed to be a guard, allowing her to beat it apart with it's own limb. While she did that Ratchet and the others figured out how to move forward as Starswirl explained that both of them had come to the same conclusion after seeing the werewolves, tapping into the lunar energy that was around the area, though given that his sister was using a transformation it was more than his spell. First they had to deal with a bunch of werewolves, which was actually rather easy once Autumn joined in, since the beasts wanted to take her down first, so it wasn't long before the area was cleared and they were able to move the plants into the building, only to find that the door on the other side opened for them and revealed two soil patches on the other side. Such a thing allowed them to use the spring flowers to ascend to another path, blasting and breaking the robotic enemies and the werewolves that had been placed to stop them, as this seemed like something Luna would do.

Speaking of Luna they found her outside an opened building, having lowered the gate for the werewolves they had taken down, though the smile on her face turned to surprise as she noticed Autumn's new monster form, clearly not expecting this to happen, especially when she smashed one of the werewolves without her weapons.

"Well that's not fair at all!" Luna remarked, showing that she wasn't too worried about the group that was in front of her, as if she thought she and her minions could overwhelm the group, rather she found unfairness in the fact that Autumn had a new form that was either hidden from the galaxies or had been awakened by coming here.

"Really? Coming from someone whose likely seeking to dominate the galaxy?" Ratchet inquired, though before they could do anything the robot fled from where she was standing, showing that she understood the danger she was in if she stayed in one spot, but they were expecting that and kept moving.

From there it was a simple matter to take out the robotic guards, the robotic farmers who fought them, and the rest of the werewolves, regardless if they were in sheep form or their monster form, while using the plants to carefully navigate most of the area Luna was moving through. Part of them had to wonder if this was one of the Technomite facilities, given that everything wanted them dead, though after some time they decided that it didn't matter, as there were natural enemies on each planet they visited and this moon seemed to follow suit. Ratchet also had to use the Shrink Ray to unlock a door in their way, allowing them to ascend to another part of the facility that they were tearing their way through, before they found that the path was outside the tower he had opened up. After figuring out how to move forward the group found a dark gray helmet that belonged to the Mega-Bomb armor set, which Autumn stared at before stashing away with the rest they had collected so far, before everyone tore their way through the building in front of them, wiping out Luna's guards in no time at all as Starswirl broke the machines with his magic.

On the other side of the building they found Luna piloting a small gunship that could transform into a harvester, though it did nothing to them as Starswirl caught it with his magic and shattered it with his magic, knocking the robot to the ground and damaged her head, leading to Autumn channeling her magic to knock out the Technomites before they could flee, a fact that gave them more leads on what to do next.

"I should be able to hack into her and figure everything out..." Autumn remarked, using her magic to summon a cage that would hold Luna in and allow her to scan her systems, though what surprised them was that she got the information in a matter of seconds, "Let's see... they hate being taken advantage of, as the Technomites get no credit for their inventions... would help if they bothered to patent any of them... and, to show everyone they mean business, an army of Ratchets had been created to do the deed... or at least that was the plan, since we've ruined everything."

"Download the coordinates she has and we'll track down whoever her master is." Ratchet said, because this seemed to be the end of this particular adventure, a short one when he thought about it, though as the words left his mouth he and the others watched as Autumn reverted to her true form, much to their relief.

With Luna and the Technomites imprisoned, and she was sure they would be unable to escape, the group returned to the starship with all the haste they could muster, as it was time to bring an end to this adventure and get some rest before yet another villain showed up to ruin everything yet again.

PreviousChapters Next