• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,295 Views, 166 Comments

Ratchet and Clank: Family of Heroes - Blackdrag-rose



Starswirl and Autumn Blaze grow up on Veldin with a Lombax called Ratchet, where they'll begin an epic journey to save their galaxy from the dangers that plague it, unaware of the dangers that exist in their universe.

  • ...
12
 166
 1,295

PreviousChapters Next
R/C: Orxon

Sure enough Ratchet headed back to Aridia and found that Skid's agent was having no luck in leaving the planet, same with Skid for that matter, to which he showed the former the trophy and scored him and his siblings a contract for the future, all while scoring some sort of summoning helmet of some kind, which he handed over to Autumn before offering Skid and his agent a ride back to Rilgar, who took it and were quickly dropped off without too much delay, leading to the racer heading back to his sport with the agent heading off to do who knew what. With that done the siblings headed back to Orxon, as it was time to see what else Drek might have left for them to take and use against him, though while they did that Autumn did what Ratchet expected, she studied the Sonic Summoner, which was the name of the gadget that allowed the user to call forth a small creature to aid them in battle, though she was sure that, at some point, she would find a way to make it useful to them. Other than that she took out some of the materials she had claimed from Gaspar and made sure to have both the Grindboots and the Magneboots on hand as well, where Starswirl stopped his studying to watch as she melded the two into a single pair of boots, one that could change according to the situation and still had room for improvement, depending on whether or not they found anything else in the future, so in addition to the Onmihelm she had Onmiboots and started to do the same for Ratchet and Starswirl. It was her way of making sure they were ready for whatever the future held for them as well, without having to constantly switch boots whenever one needed something, or do the same with their helmets, but it gave her something to do while they traveled to their next destination, as it was time for them to explore the rest of Orxon and hope there was another Infobot waiting for them.

When they reached their destination Ratchet landed in the same area that he had landed in earlier, as there wasn't much else for him to pick from, though once the ship was parked, and Clank had turned off the systems for the time being, the siblings made sure to active their O2 functions before walking out of their ship, which meant using the ramp system again, before they stared out at the ruined world that was Orxon.

"This place... its just awful to think that Chairman Drek and the Blarg did this to their home planet," Ratchet said, where he and his siblings glanced out over the area that they had landed in and found that all sorts of toxins rested in the air, or at least that was what Clank had said and he totally believed him at this point in time, while the remaining plants and trees looked like they might be poisoned to the point where they would die in a matter of weeks, and even the rivers were full of toxin, as every source of water seemed to have been twisted into a sickly green mess, "Hey, Autumn, do you think that new machine of yours can fix up this planet?"

"Even if we find and recover the samples of what Orxon used to be, before the Blarg tainted it, it would take years, maybe even decades, to reverse all of their damage," Autumn replied, as she understood what Ratchet was asking about and she agreed with it as she thought about it, reversing the intense damage done to this world would make it inhabitable again, and since Drek was interested in making a planet for his people it meant he had to have the pristine samples of the water, air, and everything else to remake the conditions of a pure Orxon, "though there's also a chance that they might not have the samples, given how they treated this planet for so long, so the Blarg might have created some data to replicate the exact conditions for Drek and his people... we would have to find that data and take it, though according to my schematics I also made the pollution device capable of receiving data as well."

"Which means that you just created a device that can purify any world and keep it pristine," Starswirl commented, though at the same time he wasn't all that surprised by such a thing, since it was his sister they were talking about, before he took a moment to glance out at the planet that was in front of them and the twisted hazards that would need to be avoided so they could reach whatever weapons or gadgets might have been left here, "I'm sure the people who rule over the planets would be willing to pay for such a device, to keep their planets clean and reverse whatever damage they have done since their civilizations developed to the point where they can travel through space."

Autumn said nothing to that, as she wanted to think about the device and what she should do with it, as her brothers took a step forward and started to explore the twisted planet that Drek had left behind, where they found that they had to do a small jump over to a lone platform, which had some crates they had to smash their way through, before discovering that a glide was necessary, to which Starswirl and Autumn weaved their magic over themselves before gliding down to the patch of ground that Ratchet was heading towards. It was in that moment that they found a crab like creature that looked like it had a hard and spiked shell on it's back and had large pincers, making it look far more dangerous than a normal crab, but it was sleeping in front of an electric barrier, though Ratchet blasted it out of the way with a Devastator rocket, allowing his siblings to investigate the edges of the oddly placed barrier and Autumn discovered a Power Orb off to the side that she let Starswirl smash. With it broken Ratchet and his siblings found that there were odd red bird creatures that didn't seem to like them either, like they were part of the problem or something, to which Starswirl focused on blasting them out of the air with his magic while his siblings moved forward, even if it brought them to an area that had a few Toxic Crabs and what appeared to be a sleeping blue creature that seemed to be mostly a mouth, a body, the eyes and wings, a creature that woke up and screamed as it noticed them coming, waking up all of the Toxic Crabs. Such a thing told the siblings that they had to take out each and every Screamer that was in their path, as that was what Autumn was going to call these beasts, though as he thought about it Ratchet decided that it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, as with his siblings they had more than enough firepower to take down anything and anyone that was in their way, especially when they opened fire on the enemies that were in front of them and wiped out the area of the mutated creatures.

After that they smashed two more Power Orbs and brought down another barrier, one that revealed a split in the path, as one went off to their left and another did the same to their right, though since they had no idea what was down each one the siblings decided to head off to their left first, where it took them only a few seconds to find a Blarg attack ship, as in a small one for a single person to sit in, though Starswirl wasted no time in using his magic to raise the couple of explosive crates that were in front of them and destroyed the ship with them. From there they found their way into a building that had a pair of Blarg soldiers guarding it, who weren't expecting intruders to suddenly show up and attack them, so Ratchet was able to take the first one out as his siblings took out the second, allowing them to clear out the rest of this building as they searched for anything of use, though sure enough it didn't take them very long to find an opening that headed back outside and discovered a Blarg soldier surrounded by a number of Darters, the red birds. The soldier was rather easy for them to take down, as a well placed blast took him down, while taking out his companions didn't take too much longer, as a single blast from their Blasters took down the couple of Darters, before another small ship came out and tried to fire at all of them, to which Autumn raised her magic and sent them back at the ship, taking it out with it's own volley of attacks, allowing her and her brothers to continue their advance over some circular pillars. Those brought them to an area that a number of Toxic Crabs and a Screamer happened to be resting in, where Ratchet used his guns to take his foes down, all while Starswirl used magic for those further away and weapons for those nearby as Autumn used her arsenal to take her targets down, which resulted in two more Power Orbs failing since they were able to smash them as well, which brought the siblings to what appeared to be a loading zone for one of the Blarg's ships, one that Starswirl set off as they moved by a pair of soldiers, allowing the ship and ammunition to explode a few moments later.

From there they found a lift that brought them up to a chamber that seemed to have a barrier that kept the toxic air out of it, meaning Ratchet and his siblings didn't have to use their masks in this area, before they found a machine that looked like it was a dispenser, though Autumn grinned as she used her power on it and dismantled it in seconds, allowing them to claim three cans of Premium Nanotech and three cans of Ultra Nanotech, allowing them to down them in seconds, which held a minty flavor, and boost their maximum Nanotech.

"It seems the Blarg actually invented something useful," Autumn said, though she wasn't counting the RYNO, since it was her weapon and Gadgetron owned the rights to it, making this one of the few Blarg inventions she and her brothers would be using against Drek, though she hesitated to count the Grindboots since they had been signed over to Gadgetron due to Fred's actions in the research station.

"Not that it matters, since we never take a hit anyway." Ratchet remarked, as despite their lack of skill in the art of battle, something they had trained themselves in by facing the dangers that plagued their colony on Veldin, he and his siblings were able to avoid taking damage, though he could also blame the magic that Autumn and Starswirl had access to, since it allowed them to get through some situations they might have taken damage in.

Starswirl, on the other hand, said nothing as he and his siblings finished their drinks before donning their helmets again, to which they dropped down an opening and found themselves in an area that Clank had walked through earlier, when he did this alone, so they returned to their ship before retracing their steps back to where the split in the path happened to be, this time allowing them to head down the other path. Sure enough they found a number of Toxic Crabs and a couple of Screamers standing between them and where an Infobot was resting, though when Starswirl raised his hand the bot, as if sensing what he was doing, started to flee along a metallic path, causing the siblings to open fire on their foes and take all of them out in a matter of moments, allowing them to move forward without wasting time. With those enemies taken care of Ratchet and his siblings continued forward and started to walk along the metallic surface in question, where it only took a few seconds for Ratchet to find that Autumn had modified the boots to allow someone to move faster than slowly moving forward, allowing them to bypass the flaming traps and follow after the Infobot, before arriving at an electric fence that caused Autumn to use her Taunter to force all of the Toxic Crabs to attack the fence. Such a thing took out all of their enemies and allowed them to use a few Swingshot targets as they followed their target, finding that the Infobot moved on a path that took it through a number of Toxic Crabs, Darters, another electric fence, and a Blarg ship before finding what looked like an opening into a building that Clank might have passed through on his own, even though they had to follow it up to the top of the metallic passage. What they discovered was that there were no enemies inside the passage and it let them walk up to where the Infobot was resting without wasting too much time, though before it could flee again Starswirl sealed the opening behind it and forced it to be accepted by Ratchet, where it opened and revealed something that was quite a shock to all of them, that Drek was planning on using a planet destroying bomb to clear out the orbit that had been deemed as 'perfect' for his new planet.

No one said anything, as they all agreed that they couldn't allow Drek to get away with his plans, so after Clank claimed the Infobot for Hoven, which was where the bomb was resting before it was moved, Ratchet, Autumn, and Starswirl jumped down the center of the passage, headed outside, and returned to their ship, allowing them to enter through the ramp and make sure none of Orxon's toxic air had stuck to them, but once that was done they took their seats before departing for the next planet on their growing list.

PreviousChapters Next