• Published 16th Oct 2021
  • 438 Views, 11 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusader Cardcaptors - Hotspot the 626th



The Clow Cards have been unleash! It will take some brave, and reckless, fillies to gather them all before they bring wanton destruction to Equestria

  • ...
 11
 438

Draw 1

Ponyville: a small town just outside the royal city of the Kingdom of Equestria, Canterlot. It is now nighttime for this part of the world, and many ponies were now in their homes settling in. Most did not notice how windy it was outside, almost unusually so. Most simply took it as some Pegasus practicing with the weather at night.


Barely anyone noticed the enormous glowing bird flying in the sky. It looked nearly as big as half the town. It let out a mighty caw while flapping its vast wings. The winds managed to rattle many signs and pick up some leaves but remained unnoticed still.


Fortunately, not completely.


Just like the bird, no pony saw a group of fillies speeding quickly after it. An orange Pegasus with a purple mane pulled a wagon on a scooter by flapping her tiny wings rapidly. There were three other fillies in the cart she was drawing: two unicorns and one Earth pony. The first unicorn had a white-gray coat with a light purple and pink mane, and the second was a pink pony with brown hair. Lastly, the final little pony had a white coat with a dark royal blue mane, but she also had a cutie mark; it was a blue octagonal-square topaz gem. Neither of the other three fillies had one of their own. She was also holding up a strange-looking snail that appeared intently focused on what was ahead of it as directed by the filly. Next to her, there was a creature flying and keeping pace with the group. It looked like a small lion plushie with white wings.


Said creature shouted, “You sure Apple Bloom will be ready in time?!”


“Yeah!” shouted the white unicorn confidently. “She’s really good with this kind of stuff.”


Then, the Pegasus shouted at the group. “Hey! The Fly bird is changing direction!” She also pointed towards the bird, showing that the magic being was shifting direction.


“Oh no!” hollered the pink unicorn woefully. “If it goes that way….”


“Use the Windy card!” advised the lion creature quickly and loudly.


“How?!”


“Call out her name, focus, and command it!”


While unsure, the filly did as the creature told her. She pulled forth the card and pulled out a pink staff with a head similar to a bird head. The pony started focusing her thoughts and will before she began her incantation. “Creation of Clow, lend your power to my key! Release!”


The filly then tapped the beak of the staff onto the card. “Windy!” she called out.


From the card, as it glowed, a creature began forming, materializing with the air and magic. It looked like a horse with an appearance similar to the Wendigos of legend. While those creatures were malicious by nature, this equine appeared far more benevolent and gentle. She floated before her master and her friends, waiting for a command from the former.


“Guide the card to our destination!”


The creature obeyed and soared to the bird. It was soon next to the avian and pushed to the left. The beast let out a cry in pain but complied with the new direction. The ghostly creature returned to its master and flew back into its card when finished with its task.


“Nice work, Sakura,” the small beast complimented. He then hollered out energetically, “Now let’s go get that card!”


“Roger that!” exclaimed the Pegasus readily.


Immediately, the young Pegasus flapped her wing faster, and they sped after the magical creature.


Meanwhile, some pony else had been preparing all this time. Over by an orchard, near a clubhouse built on a tree, a yellow Earth pony stood looking a mess. She also appeared content with tools all around her. The mare with the red mane tied in a pink bow saw over a big ramp stretching several feet out and high. Not a shoddily built one either; a certain shipwright of a particular group would be impressed. She certainly was. As she admired her work, the filly began to feel the wind pick up. There then came a loud caw of a bird that caught the Earth pony’s attention. She looked back to see the giant bird soaring over the trees towards her.


“Here it comes…” she muttered.


She then looked into the woods. Right below the flying creature, the pony saw her friends speeding towards her way. “Over here, guys!” she shouted while also waving at them.


“Look!” the white unicorn shouted. “She’s ready!”


“All ahead full, Scootaloo!” exclaimed the flying creature.


The Pegasus, Scootaloo, replied energetically, “You got it!” She then pushed her little wings to go faster.


The extra speed gained allowed the group to catch up with the magical bird. They were right beneath the bird and keeping up with it. In following the magic beast, the group rolled up the structure without pause. The group ascended quickly and flew off straight at the bird. They sailed high, but the group only made it halfway up.


But no one was worried. “Go!” shouted everyone but Sakura.


The unicorn already knew what to do, and she held up a new card. “Jump!” she summoned forth.


Magic flowed out of the card and began to form tiny wings upon Sakura’s hooves. She then jumped as everyone began falling. The unicorn filly soared all the way up to the beast’s neck, to which she quickly grabbed hold. Not because she was desperate or scared; she was gently caressing the bird’s neck in a hug. The bird beast stopped moving, stunned utterly by the action.


“It’s okay,” Sakura said, speaking softly, “I know you’re in a lot of pain right now….”


The bird immediately began to calm down. It sensed the calming nature of the filly. All its rage and fear disappeared, and with it, its size reduced.


Unfortunately, this meant that nothing was keeping Sakura afloat. The filly began to fall while holding the now-small bird creature in her front legs. Once terrifying and magnetic, the magic animal was now innocent and cute as it nestled in its captor’s forelegs. This appeared to be the end of the little pony.


Miraculously, there was a grove of trees beneath the falling filly. Not only this, but the trees also began moving their branches towards the child. They caught her and cushioned her with their leaves. The action of these usually immobile plants did not go unnoticed by the filly.


“Thank you,” Sakura said to the trees.


Floating down, the little plushie creature arrived. “Nice work, Sakura,” he said in congratulations. He then floated over to the tiny bird, snuggled comfortably in the fillies forelegs.


“You caught the Fly card. This one will be handy for your quest.”


Then, both Scootaloo and the two unicorns stuck their heads out from the foliage. The three fillies looked okay, with only their manes slightly a mess and a few leaves sticking out. They all peered towards Sakura and then the bird, gushing immediately at the cute magical creature.


Meanwhile, below them, the Earth pony nodded. “Okay, Woodsy,” she stated proudly, “let’s bring our friends down.”


Behind her, a tall and bearing creature made entirely of wood began to groan deeply. The trees that caught the group started to shake and stir and creak. They began to recede back into the ground, their branches and leaves shrinking while doing so. At the same time, the plants carried their passengers gently down. The flora soon disappeared into the ground, which returned to normal. The creature – “Woodsy” – then began to glow, its form dissipating and becoming magic that formed into a card. It then floated to the Earth pony hoof. A picture soon appeared of the creature from before, along with a name, “The Wood.”


“That was awesome!” shouted the Earth pony excitedly. She then rushed over to the group, carrying the card along with her.


The plushie animal flew up next to the Earth pony. “Great work on that ramp, Apple Bloom, and on using the Wood card.”


“Thanks, Kero,” the Earth pony – Apple Bloom – said in gratitude.


Sakura then spoke, “Um, Kero, how can I help heal her?”


“That’ll be easy,” the creature – Kero – said confidently. “Just change her back to a card and sign your name like usual.”


The filly nodded and began to chant. “Fly Card, return to the form that you were meant to be in,” she said gently.


Gently placing her staff over the bird, a glowing card formed immediately. The creature began to glow and dissipate into magic, much like how “Woodsy” did. Its magic flowed into the translucent object, making it physical. Together, the two created a new card with a picture of the Fly card creature, and a name appeared below it, “the Fly.” Sakura then wrote her name beneath the card’s name, which glowed and disappeared into the material. The filly smiled as she held the card up and read its name.


“The Fly Card…”


Filming the whole scene, the unicorn with the snail smiled. “Excellent,” she commented.


“Hey! Hey! Hey!” Kero said as he pulled the filly’s hoof with the snail to himself. “Tomoyo, don’t forget to get a shot of me with your Transponder Snail, the noble and stunning Guardian of the book of Clow, Keroberus.”


Then, Scootaloo took hold of the filly’s hoof. “Did you get a good shot of me?”


Soon followed by another filly doing the same: the other unicorn. “I know I didn’t get to do much this time besides the planning but was I at least seen, right?”


“Move aside, Sweetie Belle,” said Kero as he floated in front of her face while facing the snail. He then stated proudly, “Let the real star shine.”


“Hmm? Sakura?” the unicorn – Sweetie Belle – said cluelessly before looking over to the filly. She and everyone ignored the fact that the plushie creature meant himself.


Overhearing them, Sakura became bashful and began to blush. “It was a team effort. Everyone helped me.”


“Yeah!” Apple Bloom chirped. “We all did our part.”


The royal blue mane unicorn – Tomoyo – smiled and commented aloud to everyone, “Well done, everyone.”


“Everyone,” Apple Bloom said eagerly as she stuck her hoof out, “bring it in.”


The other three fillies smiled and quickly joined with the Earth pony. Tomoyo did not join the others but held her Transponder Snail out towards the group, capturing the moment. What the snail was witnessing was the other three fillies joining their hooves with Apple Bloom. Kero did the same as he floated down to join his paw with the other girls.


“All together…” said Apple Bloom


And together, they all – even Tomoyo – shouted, “Cutie Mark Crusaders….” The group then threw their hooves and paw into the air.


“Cardcaptors!”

The Crusade Takes Flight


A pink petal falls listlessly within a black void. The single petal then landed upon something, causing a ripple of blue energy. The blackness fades to a blue sky with a few white clouds. From above, cards begin to twirl and fall down, roughly 50 or so.


Then, four fillies appear are seen in quick succession with a playfully colorful backdrop.


Scootaloo, glancing back from the right with a smile, wearing aviator goggles.


Sweetie Belle, glancing back from the left with a smile.


Popping down from above, Apple Bloom grinning.


Finally, from below, Sakura wearing a light pink bonnet while she held a card and her staff determinedly.

Cutie Mark Crusader
Cardcaptors
A MLP: NiM story

Fullscreen, Apple Bloom appears, trotting along contently.


How I want to


The Earth pony fades away and is quickly replaced by Sweetie Belle trotting, seen closer in view.


Wanna see you


After the unicorn, also fading out, Scootaloo appears fading in on her scooter, dashing along.


All these feelings
Building up inside


Finally, Sakura appears, wearing a bike helmet, after Apple Bloom. She looks very hopeful.


I can’t help it
Wanna say it


Sakura, now without her gear, stands in an apple orchard. Her back is to a semi-transparent youth stallion with a light blue coat and silvery-white mane carrying a satchel. The filly turns to catch a glimpse of the older pony and blushes immediately.


Here’s my chance!
But again it flies away


The Cutie Mark Crusaders’ flag drops over the scene. Sakura is now joined by the original members of the CMC first. Tomoyo, holding her Transponder Snail, and Kero, floating just above, appear around the main group. A little grey-violet filly unicorn came galloping over to the group while passing another kid. He is a young unicorn colt with a brown mane and beige whose cutie mark was a sword over a giant star. Unlike the others, he was separate and looking away from the group, except for a moment of peeking back.


When will
(When will)
When will
(When will)


The Sealing Key dangles from a chain. A magic sphere encases it as we pan out to reveal that Sakura is the one casting the magic. The key then grows until it becomes a staff.


Our wings flutter as we fly together


Sakura then takes hold of the staff with her magic. She then races forward happily.


A marathon for you and I [Then, when Sakura hops, Apple Bloom appears beside her running]
Dreaming as we race across the sky [Scootaloo and then Sweetie Belle join in, and all four make a leap together.]


Can you [Tomoyo, with her Snail Transponder, looking blissfully content]Catch you


Catch you [A silver mane and white coat Earth pony teen stallion]


Catch me [A dark brown mane and light pink coat unicorn teen stallion]


Catch me [A brown mane and white-grey coat unicorn adult stallion]


Maybe [Kero, holding a takoyaki ball. He then eats it.


Look my way and say
That you really feel the same


Scene: At Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse, the original three plus Sakura, Tomoyo, Kero, and the grey-violet filly stood on the balcony. They all looked out towards the horizon happily and contently.


Hey its[The grey-purple unicorn filly turns around smiles]


Nice to meet you


Good to see you [The colt with the sword cutie mark is looking away but glances back stubbornly]


Really


Every little feeling I had for you will
Fly out
Fly out
Fly to your heart


Scootaloo, with a giant pair of wings, flies up into the sky carrying her friends, including Sakura, in a hot-air balloon basket. Kero follows after, cheerfully so. The sizeable object did nothing to hinder the Pegasus down as she happily soared with everyone. Everyone else peered forward as they shared in the joy the flying pony was having.


May they make their mark!


Sakura is galloping fast down a path before she catches up to her friends waiting for her. Together, the group begins to walk and converse as they head towards their next task.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Another story, what's this? What witchcraft is this-and don't head over the Friendship is Witchcraft to find out! (Boy, I bet that's not dated):rainbowlaugh:

Here we are again, welcome one and all!

This idea came up partly because of Sailor Moon. While Sailor Moon is not the magical girl series I grew up with, I did come to watch Cardcaptors as it ran on Toonami (which, in hindsight, is an odd choice of platform viewing for it). Cardcaptor Sakura is my main Magical Girl and since Sailor Moon gets to be here, I decided so does she!

But you see, this is...

...I don't recall being that scary...

So, here you all go! Enjoy!