• Published 18th Feb 2020
  • 812 Views, 4 Comments

Let's Adopt - tgb089



After years of marriage, Applejack and Rainbow Dash decided to adopt.

  • ...
2
 4
 812

Chapter 1

*COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!!!*

The rooster crows every morning in early sunrise. Rainbow Dash got up and stretched. She turned and shook the orange mare next to her. “Rise and shine,” she said.

Applejack slowly sat up as well and yawned. Rainbow Dash gave her a quick peck on the cheek and in a flashed she went to the bathroom.

Applejack stared out of the window and see the rising sun.

The family sat on the dining table; Sugar Belle, Big McIntosh, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Apple Bloom. There was a small talk on the table. Applejack looked around and listened to Big Mac and Sugar Belle talking about what they’re plans will be over this week. Rainbow Dash almost finished her breakfast, taking in big bite after another. Then chugging down her glass of water Rainbow Dash said, “Alright, see you guys later. I’ll be back.” Rainbow Dash gave another peck on Applejack’s cheek and zoomed out of the house and into the sky before she even hears their farewells.

After breakfast, Applejack put on her stetson hat on and began the farm work with Big Mac and Apple Bloom. Just another day, Applejack thought.

Sugar Belle and Apple Bloom had been a big help over the years such as feeding the chickens and pigs, chores, and selling apples. Which leaves mainly bucking apple trees to Applejack.

Applejack was bucking a tree like usual and Apple Bloom slowly walked towards her. “Um… Big sis, are ya okay?”

Applejack didn’t stop bucking and said, “Me? Upset about what? Just doing farm work as always.” After a buck, apples fell from their branches into the baskets. She stopped and moved on to the next apple tree with empty baskets. “Come on Apple Bloom, ya gotta hurry or ya gonna miss the opening of the market.”

“Okay… But once Ah come back, we’ll gonna talk about it!” Apple Bloom pulled a wagon to Apple Jack’s previous tree and started hauling baskets of apples onto the wagon. But Apple Bloom returned, Applejack was nowhere to be seen.

***

Applejack slowly walked in through the kitchen door and sat down on one of the chairs and laid her head on the table.

Steps could be heard inside the house and Sugar Belle came into the kitchen. “Oh, Applejack. Tired? Need a glass of water.”

“Yes please,” Applejack responded.

As Sugar Belle was filling a glass with water at the sink she said, “So, is there something wrong.” Applejack groaned. “Come now, Applejack. Nothing bad is going to happen if I offer a listening ear.”

Sugar Belle took the opposite chair of Applejack and placed the glass of water near her.

Applejack lifted her head and chugged the water down and slammed the glass on the table. After a few minutes, Applejack started to open up. “Um… Ah don’t know how to say this but Ah felt something is missing in my life.”

Sugar Belle’s ears perked up and said, “I’m sure everybody feels like that sometimes. Do you miss going on adventures with your friends?”

Applejack smiled. “Those were good times. But nah, it isn’t that. Is that, when two ponies get together and married and all. They have children, right?”

“Oh. Ooooohhhh…” Sugar Belle had an understanding look. “Yes. Having children is a very special thing. Becoming a mother is an entirely new and exhilarating experience, even with all its downs.”

“That’s why, just maybe… But Ah don’t know if Rainbow Dash will like the idea.”

“Applejack listen to me.” Sugar Belle reached for Applejack’s hoof and held it. “I’m sure Rainbow Dash will think it will a great idea.”