• Published 15th Feb 2020
  • 1,169 Views, 49 Comments

Sailor Guardians of Equestria - Hotspot the 626th



To recover her power, Princess Luna must seek help from those pretty soldiers in sailor uniforms.

  • ...
4
 49
 1,169

Act 2

Quest - La Luna


Far from Canterlot, a shining city existed on the western coast of Equestria, La Luna. A paradise on the edge of the San Palomino Desert, it is often outshined by his neighbor city to the north, Applewood, despite its beauty and culture. It was, however, a major stopping point for trains coming westward. Such locomotives would then go either north or south to other cities. One was already making a stop and letting its passengers off, either to stretch or let them off to their destination.


One group of ponies was doing just that. From off out of one of the carts, there came out a young-looking unicorn with a sleek frame wearing a purple shirt with a white collar that had a black crescent moon embroidered on it. The shirt also had a black belt looping around her waist. She also had her mane styled with a ponytail, showing off her youth. This stylish mare was not alone, however. Two other ponies walked out right behind her. One orange Pegasus stallion with a spikey blue mane and a cutie mark that was a shield with a lightning bolt on it. He was carrying a few bags, each color-coded. The other was taller and slender pink unicorn mare with a violet mane with rose and gold streaks wearing a dark blue sweater with "LLU" on the front. Her cutie mark was a crystal heart with gold laces. Finally, there came out a creature like a dugong but wearing a sand-yellow shell following closely to the tall mare.


Once many steps away from the train, the pink pony smiled as she looked around. "It's great to be back," she said nostalgically.


Her companion, the dugong, began barking and hopping excitedly in agreement.


"I can't wait to see the city," spoke the stallion eagerly. "This is my first time seeing La Luna."


As she looked around, the smaller unicorn almost taken back by the sights and sounds. Her comment, thus, was less as thrilled, "It is certainly busy here."


The pink pony was quick to comfort the mare. "Don't worry, Luna. Me and Flash will help you get used to how things work."


"You can count on me, your highness," the Pegasus, Flash, said willingly.


The dugong then barked and held up his fin determinedly.


Luna smiled a little. "We thank thee, Princess Cadenza, Sir Flash Sentry, and you too, Tau," she said gratefully.


The unicorn, Cadenza, gave an annoyed smile towards the small unicorn. "Please just call me 'Cadance,' Luna."


Truth be told, this group of arrivals were not as they seem. For the unicorn named Luna was actually the disguised Princess Luna, sister to Princess Celestia, and second niece to King Gold Roger. Her guard was formed of skilled individuals trusted by both her family and the Captain of the Royal Guard. They were Lieutenant Flash Sentry of the Royal Guard, the Princess Mi Amore Cadenza or Cadance, and the princess' pet Kung-Fu Dugong Tau. Selected by both Celestia and the Captain of the Guard Shining Armor, they were tasked to guard and watch over the princess while on her quest.


"The city of the ponies formerly of the moon," spoke Luna with hope as she looked out onto the crowd. "Here, we may recover our magic power."


"Great!" Flash said readily. A thought then crossed the Pegasus' mind, and he asked, "But, what are we gonna make do for a base?"


Cadance then stated assuredly, "I've got that covered."


A group teleportation spell took the whole group from the train and brought them to the edge of a neighborhood. The houses looked similar to each other as they had no yard and were one-story high. It would be so until you got to the end of the area, which was by the coast. Here there is an impressive Chinese-styled, courtyard house that stood separate from the rest with a three-storied building of the same style behind it. A wall of stone surrounded the compound's front entrance with only a single entranceway guarded by ornate wooden gates. It was here that Cadance was taking the group.


"I think you're gonna like it here, Luna," Cadance stated optimistically. "I know the family here personally, and they are very traditional with history both with this city and the royal family."


Luna was intrigued by the notion. "Then let us meet this family most noble."


The group walked up to the gates, and before knocking, the wooden doors began to open. Everyone was surprised for a moment, but the real astonishment was on the other side. From the entrance, on both sides of a cobblestone path leading to the building, were ponies tidy and neat of every tribe standing at attention. The males on the right-side then began to bow, and the females on the left curtsied as the group entered the ground.


"Welcome, your highnesses," spoke all the ponies together respectfully.


Flash was nearly dumbfounded. "Uh…"


"Oh yeah," Cadance said in realization before smiling goofily. "I forgot how traditional they could be."


For Luna, though, she felt very much at ease in this manner. Memories of her life before her turn were filled with this kind of greeting. She had long since learned to appreciate it, and seeing this reception now – in this new era – made her glad.


One of the ponies then approached the group. An old stallion wearing a black vest with a white collar and black tie. The pony bowed upon meeting the group and spoke respectfully to them. "Welcome to the Li Compound, Princess Luna. And, welcome back, Princess Cadance."


"It's wonderful to see you again, Wei," Cadance greeted back happily.


After formally introducing himself to the group, Wei led everyone down the pathway. The newcomers took a look at the courtyard and the attendants around them. They eventually reached the other side of the yard, where they were met by a family of unicorns. There stood five mares and one colt, all dressed up in traditional clothing. Four of them looked nearly similar to each other, only wearing different hairstyles and outfits, and were younger than the mare in the middle. The colt was the youngest of the group and wearing a green outfit with the yin-yang symbol adorning on it. They together bowed before the group respectfully.


"We welcome you," spoke the head mare. "I am Li Yelan, the head of the Li family. These are my children."


The mare raised her foreleg and gestured over to the four ponies. "My daughters, Fuutie, Shiefa, Fanren, and Feimei."


She then switched legs to show her last child. "And my son and heir, Syaoran."


Luna bowed respectfully in return. "We thank thee, noble house of Li, for our accommodations and your hospitality."


The mare, Yelan, smiled. "It is an honor to finally meet you, Princess Luna. If you all could join my family and I to the tearoom, please."


Everyone entered into the building behind the family. They went through a few rooms, opening doors each time. Yelan's daughters excused themselves upon arrival, which Yelan allowed. Young Syaoran, however, was adamant about staying, which brought much pride for his mother. The group then entered the tearoom, where they all sat around a short table and were served tea by Wei and some attendants. They also gave Tau some treats that filled the creature to the point of sleeping. Everyone else enjoyed a few snacks along with the tea before Yelan began to speak.


"Our family has waited for generations for your return Princess Luna. Many even search for ways to cure you of your curse with little success. It wasn't until after we heard about what happened at this year's Summer Sun Festival that our hope was restored. And then we received a letter from Cadance, we were honored to be able to aide Princess Luna in any way possible."


Now, it was Luna's turn to speak. "Why is it so important to help us?" she asked confusedly.


Yelan answered with a smile, "It was the hope of our ancestor, Clow Reed."


Luna looked at the mare, surprised. "You are related to Clow?!"


"Indeed." Yelan then added, "And by our great ancestor, my family and I will do all we can to aid in your recovery, your highness."


Having sat quietly, Flash Sentry had a question. "What is your plan for your recovery, Princess? Does this place have anything to do with it?"


Luna responded, "Yes. We sensed the magic of this metal city immediately upon our arrival on that metal steam worm. The ponies here are blessed with magic attuned to the moon much like our own. It will take some time, but We shall absorb the trickling magic flowing out of our citizens that permeates the area until we regain our former stature."


Cadance immediately spoke up, "Won't that take a while?"


Luna nodded. "I did not plan on this being a quick trip," she admitted.


"If I may," Yelan said. "Why not allow the Li family and their servants to offer our—"


"No!" Luna said quickly, surprising all. The Alicorn took a moment to calm down and then explained herself.


"I'm sorry but my teacher, Star Swirl the Bearded, once stated that absorbing magic, whether through force or given willingly, is like a drug. Once you do, you can become addicted to it until it consumes your very being."


Cadance smiled. "Celestia says the same," she commented out.


Yelan held her head down with shame but humbly. "I do apologize. I merely wanted to suggest the quickest method," she stated honestly.


"We appreciate the sentiment, and you are forgiven," said Luna.


Syaoran then raised his hoof. "Are there no other ways to help Princess Luna?' he asked.


Luna sighed. "Not unless we know where the Imperium Silver Crystal resides," she stated glumly.


"We have a very expansive collection as well as the journal from Clow Reed himself," Yelan stated confidently. "I shall see to it that if there is any information on the Imperium Silver Crystal, it will be recovered."


"Thank you," Luna said gratefully.


Having another question, Syaoran asked, "Then, how will you gather all that magic? I read that Alicorns have such immense pools of magic that they could control both the sun and the moon."


"A good question, young Syaoran," said Luna.


Cadance immediately spoke, "I have an idea on that. Since you'll need a large and consistent crowd to draw upon, I suggest that Princess Luna goes to one of the schools in the area."


Everyone looked at the mare surprised, Flash Sentry was even expressive over the idea. "One of the Royal Sisters going to school? That's gonna cause some trouble for sure."


"She'll be in disguise for one. And two, young ponies would be more potent than adults as they are still learning. But most importantly, Luna needs to go to school so she can catch up on everything that's happened in the last thousand years."


Luna, not liking the idea of being taught as an adult, made her disdain vocal, "I'm sure there are other ways We can—"


"Actually," Cadance interrupted with a smug smirk. "I told Celestia and Roger my idea, and they agreed that it's the best way."


The Alicorn stood up with surprise. "How could they! This is an outrage!" she barked.


"Yelan, do you know of any good schools around?" asked Cadance to their host, ignoring other Alicorn's tantrum. "She looks like she could be a middle schooler."


It took Yelan only a moment to think of a list. "There are a few close by; Tomoeda Middle School, Kunugigaoka Junior High, Aldera Junior High. If the princess goes under our name, with our financial backing obviously, she may even go to Ouran Academy."


"Ugh, no way," Cadance said with disgust. "Those rich kids can be so stuck up, like Prince Blueblood."


Luna soon shouted in rage, "Listen to your princess!"


"How about that one school that you sent the girls too?" asked Cadance, still ignoring the princess' tantrum.


"Juban Middle School?" Yelan said with some intrigue. "It is certainly a well-maintained school but for the princess…"


"It'll do fine," stated Cadance assuredly.


"Um," spoke Flash awkwardly, intruding on the conversation. "What if the princess doesn't want to go?"


Cadance looked at the guard, slightly surprised. She then turned her eyes to Luna, who was glaring viciously at her fellow princess. It did not affect the pink Alicorn much, only making her smirk amusedly. "Well, it's a good thing I already got permission from Celestia and Roger to handle this however way I think is necessary."


Luna's scowl changed to shock before making her jaw drop with disbelief.

À Suivre

Author's Note:

Oh man its White Day - a Japanese holiday in which those who received something on Valentine's Day return the favor - and I nearly forgot to post.

Extra(s):

  1. La Luna, or 'The City of the Ponies formerly of the Moon', is very much a reference to Los Angles USA minus Hollywood.' It is essentially anime's Tokyo, where any and every school exists.
  2. Speaking of, there were a number of mentioned junior high schools from actual animes here. Can you guess all of them (minus the one that actually has importance)?
  3. Here's a freebie; Cardcaptor Sakura series as a small but important role in this series, with focus on the Li family and Clow Reed slightly.
  4. Any One Piece fan might remember the Kung-Fu Dugong, native to the Alabasta Kingdom. Wonder why one's here? :rainbowhuh:

    • "Tau" means "Lion" in Egyptian
  5. "LLU" stands for "La Luna University"