• Published 13th Feb 2020
  • 11,313 Views, 1,068 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six, Spike, and Cheese Sandwich are off on one sweet adventure with their friend Charlie Bucket to the infamous Wonka chocolate factory. There they shall discover a world of pure imagination as they have never seen before.

  • ...
12
 1,068
 11,313

Ticket & Charlie’s Birthday

A week had passed since the Wonka contest officially began, already the entire thing had gotten crazier. Within that time, most candy stores across the world were sold out of Wonka Bars and thus making it harder to find a single Bar anywhere. Yet, after all this time, not a single golden ticket had been round. However, everyone knew it was only a matter of time before at least one was found, and who knows just how much crazier everything would get?

Another school day came to an end for Charlie Bucket, as the school bell rang, and all the students burst out the front door. Charlie was one of the last students to exit the building and as soon as he was outside, he saw his friends standing there waiting for him.

“Hiya Charlie!” Rainbow greets. “How was school today?

“It was alright I suppose,” He replied.

Though he seemed to act and sound okay, every pony could tell, based on his body language, he wasn’t as okay as he was trying to make himself out to be.

“What’s wrong, Charlie?” Twilight asked.

“What do you mean?” Charlie smiled. “I’m perfectly fine.”

“Are yah sure, sugar cube?” Applejack questioned. “Yah don’t seem fine.”

“Of course, A.J.,” Charlie assured. “I promise!”

The ponies and the little baby dragon, especially Applejack, could still tell he wasn’t being honest about his feelings. However, they figured if they pestered him any further they’d never get the answer. So, for now, they decided to drop the subject until Charlie was ready to talk.

“Well, alright then,” Twilight nodded, comfortingly. “But just so you know, if you ever need to talk to us about anything, we’ll be here to listen. Believe me, I speak from experience.”

Charlie nods with a reassuring smile, as they walk down the road back to the Bucket house. As they walked, Charlie noticed that two particular members of the group were not presently with them.

“Where are Cheese and Pinkie?” Charlie asked, curiously.

When the group heard him, the ponies and Spike look at each other a smile.

“Oh, they decided to stay at the house today,” Fluttershy said.

Charlie raised his eyebrow, cocking his head to the side confused.

“Why is that? Don’t they normally come along with you guys?”

“Oh yes indeed, darling,” Rarity nodded. “It’s just they had some errands they needed to do today.”

“Like what?”

“Oh, you’ll see,” Spike smiled.

As they kept walking, Charlie could see the ponies and Spike giving each other sneaky smiles. It was as if they were secretly communicating with each other over something he’s not supposed to know. But before Charlie could question them further, they nearly pass the television store when they noticed a large gathering of people surrounding the window. They all stopped in their tracks, cocking their heads to the side curiously.

“What’d ya’ll suspect is goin’ on over yonder?” Applejack asked.

“No idea,” Rainbow responds. “But only one way to find out.”

The group walked toward the large group, trying to wiggle their way through to see what everyone’s looking at.

“Excuse me!” Rainbow called out. “Mind giving some space here! OUCH! Watch the tail, buddy! Okay, that’s it!”

Having had enough, Rainbow took the air and hovered over the crowd, while the others managed to get just close enough to see what’s up. They could all see on the television facing the store window that a live news broadcast is in progress.

“We began with five golden tickets like five lucky bolts of lightning without notice at any point on the map. No one knew where, no one knew when the first one would hit. But as you all know, last night we got our answer. While we in America slept, the first golden ticket was found in the small town of Duselheim, Germany. We’ve been waiting several hours for the follow-up story, and we’re finally ready with a live report.”

The television than transitioned over to another live broadcast emanating from Duselheim, where a German reporter was doing a live report inside a restaurant.

“Proud we are, for the attention of the entire world focuses today right here in Duselheim, a community suddenly thrust into prominence by the unexpected discovery of the first Wonka Golden Ticket. Its lucky finder is the son of our prominent parve-butcher. The boy’s name: Augustus Gloop!”

The reporter made his way over to one of the tables where a family was in the middle of eating. The camera zoomed toward a large portly-looking child, apparently the son, who barely paid attention to the cameras. He was too busy stuffing his face with a forkful of food or gushing it down with a mug (Probably ‘beer’).

“Augustus Gloop, the pride of Duselheim, the fame of Western Germany, an example for the whole world.”

Rainbow Dash scoffed, smirking at the reporter’s choice of words for Gloop.

“An example of what happens when you don’t exercise,” She joked to herself.

“Yeah, figured whichever kid would find the first ticket would be fat, fat, fat,” Spike chuckled.

“Shh! Don’t be rude!” Twilight scolds, turning back to the screen.

“Augustus, how does it make you feel to be the first Golden Ticket finder?” The reporter asked.

“Hungry,” Augustus responds.

“Any other feelings?”

“Feel sorry for Wonka. It’s gonna cost him a fortune in fudge.”

Practically the entire group was quite appalled, if not disgusted, not only of the boy’s attitude but his poor eating habits. All of them witnessing him practically scarfing down his food.

“Oh my!” Fluttershy gasped.

“What I tell you?” Spike spoke. “What a porker!”

“I normally wouldn’t lower myself to insensitive remarks,” Rarity spoke. “But what a repulsive boy!”

Every pony else and Charlie couldn’t help but nod at Rarity’s statement.

“Augustus, the world wants to know, how did you ever find that ticket?” The reporter asked.

“I am eating the Wonka bar and I taste something that is not chocolate,” The boy answers, between bites. “Or coconut or walnut or peanut butter or nougat or butter brittle or caramel or sprinkles.”

The boy takes another big gulp of his drink, before reaching down toward his pocket.

“So I look… And I find the golden ticket.”

The boy holds up the golden ticket, which had a notable bite mark on the far-left corner.

“Augustus, how did you celebrate?” The reporter asked.

“I eat!” The boy answered, bluntly.

The reporter then turns to the man, presumably the boy’s father, the butcher.

“Mr. Gloop, would you mind saying—”

The reporter quickly found his question cut off, when Mr. Gloop literally bit the head off of the microphone and proceeds to eat it.

The group looked on disgusted, completely shock. Rarity nearly faints before Applejack and Twilight caught her.

“Did that man just… Eat a microphone?” Spike asked, in disbelief.

“Eeyup!” Applejack nodded.

“Mrs. Gloop, would you care to say a few words to the television audience?” The reporter asked.

“I just knew Augustus would find a Golden Ticket. Eating is his hobby, you know. In fact, he eats so many candy bars a day that it was not possible for him ‘not’ to find one. We encourage him. He wouldn’t do it unless he needed the nourishment, would he? Anyway, it’s all vitamins.”

As Mrs. Gloop spoke with the reporters, a waiter came by to deliver more food for Augustus. This one waiter wore octagon-framed spectacles and a scar over his left eye. Most of the group didn’t notice that he appeared to whisper something into Augustus’ ear.

Eventually the newscast came to an end, as the large assembly of people disperse from the area. All that were left behind were our ‘mane’ heroes and Charlie, standing there taking it in.

“Well, there yah have it,” Applejack points out. “The first golden ticket has been found.”

“And only four tickets left,” Charlie added.

“Now that they’ve found one,” Rainbow spoke. “I’m sure things will really get crazy!”

Twilight turns over to Charlie, noticing the sad look on his face as he gazed at the television. Now she realized why he seemed so upset earlier, how he must’ve heard someone else had found the ticket first. And since they all just witnessed who it was, Twilight felt sympathetic for Charlie. She walks alongside the boy, placing a comforting hoof along his arm. He looks down at her seeing her smiling up at him.

“Don’t worry Charlie,” She said, comfortingly. “There are still plenty of chances to find one.”

Charlie smiled, half-heartedly, as they all proceed to keep walking toward his house. As the sun began to set over the horizon, they finally made it back to the house. Just before they were about to go in, however, Twilight held them back for a moment.

“Ready to go inside, Charlie?” Twilight asked.

Charlie looked toward each and every one of their faces, noting the smug looks.

“Alright guys, what’s going on?” Charlie asked.

Twilight just smiled as she used her magic to throw open the door. When Charlie walked in, he couldn’t believe what he saw.

“SURPRISE!!!”

To his shock and surprise, the entire room had been set up for a party, ‘his’ birthday party to be exact. There were streamers set up everywhere and a large birthday cake in the middle courtesy of a certain pink party pony. Speaking of which, she and Cheese, both wearing party hats, blew through some kazoos as the other ponies and Spike joined in.

Cheese Sandwich (Sings):
We baked you a birthday cake…

Pinkie Pie (Sings):
If you get a tummy ache…

Spike (Sings):
And you moan, and groan, and woe…

Everyone (Sings):
Don’t forget we told you so!

“Happy Birthday, Charlie!” Everyone cheered.

Charlie couldn’t wipe the smile off his face, as Pinkie and Cheese ran up to the boy and gave him a big group hug.

“Do you like it, Charlie boy?!” Pinkie rambled, excitedly. “Do you really, really, REALLY like it? I hope you do. Me and Cheese worked super-duper hard on it! Okay, actually it wasn’t ‘that’ hard for us, but we did it all for you!”

Pinkie and Cheese release their friend from their group hug, as Pinkie pulled her party cannon out of her mane and used it to shoot confetti all over the room.

“Thank you guys!” Charlie smiled. “It really means a lot you went through all this trouble just for my birthday.”

“Aw, it was no trouble at all, little buddy!” Cheese said. “What are Cheese Sandwiches and Pinkie Pies for?”

“So, this is what you guys tried to hide from me?” Charlie asked Twilight.

“Yeah, Pinkie wanted us to stall for a while so everything would be ready,” Twilight said. “She wanted this to be your best birthday as possible.”

“That is very kind of you, all of you,” Charlie said. “Thank you!”

Charlie’s mother approaches her son, handing him a present and a kiss on the cheek.

“Here you are, Charlie,” She said.

“Thank you!” He smiled.

The ponies and Spike gather around beside the grandparents and Mrs. Bucket, as they watch Charlie open his present. Inside, he pulls out a hand-stitched red scarf which he wrapped around his neck.

“It’s terrific!”

“We each knitted a bit,” Mrs. Bucket smiled. “Grandma Georgina, Grandma Josephine, and me.”

“I did the end pieces with the little tassels,” Grandma Josephine said.

“It is certainly a wonderful scarf,” Rarity admired. “Very well stitched and quite stylish, if I do say so myself.”

“Thank you, Rarity,” Mrs. Bucket said.

Grandpa Joe reached behind him, pulling out a little present which he hands to Charlie.

“And here’s a little gift from Grandpa George and me.”

“Oh, I think I know what this is.”

Charlie excitedly tears open the present, finding a Wonka candy. Not a Wonka Bar specifically, but still another favorite of his products.

“It is! A Wonka!” He says, excitedly.

“Open it, Charlie,” Grandpa Joe said. “Let’s see that golden ticket.”

“A lifetime of chocolate awaits you, Charlie my boy,” Cheese pats his back.

“Just don’t forget to share it with your good friends,” Pinkie smiled.

“Wouldn’t it be fantastic?”

“It’s not fair to raise his hopes,” Mrs. Bucket scolds.

“Never mind!” Grandpa Joe argued. “Go on, open it Charlie. I want to see that gold!”

“Stop it, Dad!”

“I’ve got the same chance as anybody else, haven’t I?” Charlie asked.

“Of course you do, Charlie,” Twilight encouraged. “If anyone else can find one, you can.”

“You’ve got more Charlie because you want it more,” Grandpa Joe added. “Go on, open it.”

“Okay, here goes,” Charlie prepared himself.

Charlie turns his back from the rest of the group, proceeding to slowly open the Wonka.

“Now, Charlie, don’t feel too disappointed,” Fluttershy advised. “You know, if you don’t get the… Um… You know…”

“What Fluttershy means, Charlie,” Applejack interrupts. “Whatever happens, you’ll still have the candy.”

“Mm-hmm.”

“I’ve got it”! Charlie yelled.

“Where? Where?” Grandpa Joe asked.

“Come on, let’s see!” Spike beckoned.

When Charlie turned around, however, the only thing he held in his hand was the Wonka candy itself. But no golden ticket, much to his disappointment.

“Fooled you, didn’t I?” Charlie asked, dejectedly. “You thought I really had it.”

Everyone else in the room seemed disappointed as well, seeing how they knew Charlie wanted to win the contest so badly.

“Ah well,” Applejack concludes. “That’s that.”

“Never mind, Charlie,” Grandpa Joe reassured. “You’ll find one.”

“Besides, there’s still four golden tickets left,” Rainbow points out.

Grandpa Joe turned to her direction; an eyebrow raised. This was certainly news to him and the rest of Charlie’s family.

“Only four? You mean they found one?”

“Indeed,” Rarity nodded, explaining. “We were walking Charlie home from school when we noticed a rather large gathering outside the television shop.”

“We practically had to push our way to the front,” Twilight added. “That’s when we saw the news that one of the tickets was found by some boy in Germany named Augustus Gloop.”

“Man, I can only imagine where the next ticket will be found,” Spike pondered.

Just then, Cheese Sandwich noticed Charlie starting to break the candy into tiny pieces.

“What are you doing, Charlie boy?” Cheese asked.

“I want to share it,” Charlie answered.

“Oh, no, Charlie,” Fluttershy shook her head. “Not your birthday present.”

“It’s my Wonka, Fluttershy,” Charlie stated. “And I’ll do what I want with it.”

Seeing it was useless to argue, the ponies, Spike, and Charlie’s family nod understandingly. Charlie hands each of them a tiny piece, making sure there was just enough for everyone in the room. They all said their thanks, enjoying the taste of the chocolate as they took tiny bites out of their already small pieces savoring the flavor despite how bittersweet this birthday turned out to be.

Little did they know, the finder of the next golden ticket would make Augustus Gloop look like an angel in heaven compared to them…