• Published 3rd Apr 2020
  • 581 Views, 1 Comments

Power of Belief - Aced4Remakes



Foals always give some of their candy to Nightmare Moon every year. Where does it go?

  • ...
0
 1
 581

Pop Pop Boom

It is the day after Nightmare Night, today is a slow morning with everyone recovering from last nights festivities.
Princess Luna, especially, is sleeping in due to holding night court for the whole night. Well, she's trying to sleep in...

*POP*

'There's that sound again' Luna thought, 'It's been happening nonstop for hours', and it truly has been happening for hours, ever since the sun rose.

*POP*

'please stop' *POP*,

'please let me sleep' *POP*,

*POP*

Since this has been happening since morning, Luna decides that this must be a prank from her sister, and makes the bad decision of attempting to try to get out of bed. She saw that this was a bad decision as soon as she opened her eyes.

Luna, confused, looked around the pitch-black bedroom to see it a lot fuller than before. She can't quite make out why it seems fuller but it most definitely is.

*POP*

Now the room is a bit more full.

Slowly waking up, she decides to use her magic to open the curtains.

'Hmm' Luna thinks after she pulled the curtains open. 'That did nothing at all, it's still dark'.

*POP*

She then decides to turn on her lamp using her magic, nothing happens and it's still dark. Luna is getting annoyed at this.

She now decides that she should just light up her horn. After she does so, she sees a very strange sight.

"What the bu-"

*POP* *POP* *POP*

Candy, so much candy all over her room. No wonder why opening the curtains did nothing, its piled as high as the ceiling. It surrounds all sides of the room and almost fills up the gaps between her bed and the walls.

*POP*

There's another bunch of candy appearing, directly on her bed this time. Luna realises that she needs to get out of here otherwise she will be buried alive. She stands on her bed facing where the door is and uses her magic to open her bedroom door, the wall of candy does not budge. She puts her hooves against the wall and pushes as hard as she can, the wall of candy does not budge.

*POP* *POP* *POP*

'Oh no, it's coming faster!' she thinks. Luna backs up and throws her all into the wall. It works, the wall falls out of the doorway and she comes out sliding along the top of it all.

"HUZZAH! FREEDOM!" she yells out at the top of her lungs. She then gets up, brushes herself off and heads off to lunch, where she will find her sister and get answers for what is happening.

*POP*

Hopefully, her sister can stop this madness.


Princess Celestia, princess of the day, was enjoying her lunch in peace. She had nothing to do today due to everyone sleeping in and will have nothing to do after she finishes her nice, peaceful lunch.

"HUZZAH! FREEDOM!", Celestia looks up from her sandwich and frowns. What on Equestria could her sister be doing at his hour? She shrugs her shoulders and goes back to her food, it cannot be too important.


*POP*

"Where is my sister?" Luna asked out loud as she briskly trotted through the halls of Canterlot Castle. She has been leaving a trail of candy behind her. She has only been back from the moon for only five years, she has spent most of that in her bedroom, the garden and the throne room. She doesn't know where her sister's bedroom is.

*POP*

After wandering some more, Luna finally decides to stop and ask a guard where her sister is. She comes across a pair of unicorns guarding a door.

"Guards! where is my sister?" she shouts.

"She is having her lunch, your highness." They reply in unison.

*POP* *POP*

More candy falls on the ground, the guards stare at it.

"Ignore the candy. Where is my sister?" Luna asks, annoyed.

The guards come back to attention. "She is having her lunch, your highness." They reply in unison.

"Yes, I know she is having her lunch right now, but where is she?" she asks, grinding her teeth.

*POP*

The guards look at each other, slightly weirded out by her behaviour. "she is having her lunch, your highness." they say, slightly annoyed at her.

Luna is getting very annoyed now and prepares to use her loudest voice on these two guards.

*POP* *POP* *POP*


Princess Celestia is having a perfectly nice lunch, she has finished her sandwich and is now sipping on her tea whilst overlooking today's newspaper, it is very important to see what sort of idiocy her subjects have gotten up to the night before so she can be prepared for the many accounts of vandalism and other things.

She can hear someone arguing with the guards outside her room, she hopes it isn't her nephew.

"FOR THE LAST TIME, WHERE IS MY SISTER!", her room shakes.

she sighs, sets down her tea and newspaper and goes to open the door.


The door the guards are guarding is suddenly yanked open and it turns out Luna's sister was on the other side. Luna recomposes herself after her shout. the guards are very scared of her now.

"LUNA!" Celestia shouts at her. "please stop shouting outside my door." she finishes in a normal voice.

"Sister! I require your help!" Luna says joyously now that she has found her sister.

*POP*

Celestia stares at the candy, a confused look on her face, then realisation and comprehension. She then ushers her sister inside her room.

The door shuts behind them, the guards look at each other, then at the candy. They reach out and grab some candy with their magic, unwrap and eat it.

"Hmm, this tastes a bit off," says Left Guard, swishing it around his mouth, "what's the due date on these?"

Right Guard takes the wrapper out of his pocket and looks at it, holding it up to his eyes. "well that cannot be right, this is dated two centuries ago." He says. Left Guard stills, then shrugs his shoulders and continues sucking on the candy.

"Meh, it doesn't taste bad enough for two centuries. What could go wrong?" Left Guard asks. They both go back to attention, letting the candy melt in their mouths. Occasionally sneaking more candy from the ground.


*POP* *POP* *POP*

Luna and Celestia have sat down in Celestia's bedroom. They are slowly being surrounded by candy.

"So, you wish to know why you are being surrounded by candy?" Celestia asks. She looks deadly serious at this so Luna thinks she should be serious as well.

"Yes, it is bothering my sleep sister, you obviously know whats going on," Luna says as she is very annoyed at this inconvenience.

*POP*

"The truth is Luna, is that I set this up a long time ago, shortly after you were banished," Celestia said.

Luna gasps, "Then you are responsible for this! is this a prank?"

"No Luna, this is not a prank," Celestia says.

"Then why did you do it?" Luna asks.

"I did it because you deserved it!" Celestia says, slamming her hoof down onto her chair.

"Wha?"

"I sent you to the moon! You were slowly being forgotten and you were losing power! So I started Nightmare Night as a way for you to survive! I forced them to give candy to you. I made a candy tax where they all had to give up ten percent of what they made that night for you." Celestia calms down.

Luna just blinks, shocked at what her sister said, "Wait, we get power through belief?" she thought. She shook her head and asked a different question. "But that doesn't explain where the candy comes from."

"Oh, that? I don't know, the candy they left at the statues they made started disappearing around eight hundred years ago. I have no clue why it is appearing now." Celestia reveals.

*POP* *POP* *POP* *KA-BOOM*


The doors burst open, a candy avalanche spills out into the hallway as one hundred years worth of candy spills everywhere. Princess Celestia was buried under it all and Princess Luna was riding out on top of it. The two guards were nowhere to be seen.

"I think the spell sped up Luna," Celestia said, half-muffled as her lower half sticks out the candy mound.

"I think you may be right Celestia," Luna replies, as her lower half is crushed by all the candy.


After digging their way out of the candy, the two sisters made their way to the library to find out why all the candy appeared. They dug through the many shelves for hours. So long that Celestia and Luna set the sun and rose the moon.

A few hours after that, they finally found their answer.

"Belief is a type of magic all of its own," Celestia states, disbelief in her voice.

"So, because ponies thought I was Nightmare Moon, which I was, all the candy dedicated to her went to her," Luna said.

"Yes," Celestia replied.

"And now because ponies know I am not Nightmare Moon, it is all coming to me now," Luna said.

"Yes," Celestia replied

"Including an eight-hundred-year-old backlog of old stale candy that is not safe to eat," Luna said.

"Including an eight-hundred-year-old backlog of old stale candy that is not safe to eat," Celestia parroted back.

Celestia and Luna looked at each other. Both thinking of how they could utilise this new power.

TBC...

Comments ( 1 )

Meanwhile, two royal guards were checked into the infirmary with stomach aches due to eating candy that expired two centuries ago. :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment