• ...
5
 67
 1,593

Past and Present: A Mother's Protection

Ponyville Hospital: POV: ?

In the delivery room of Ponyville hospital, there are screams of a woman in labor, the nurses helping keep the woman calm and focused and finally the doctor. "OK one last push" the doctor say's to the woman as she lets out one final scream and goes quiet, still panting as the cries and wail's of a new born child are heard. "Congratulation's it's a healthy unicorn filly" the doctor say's "Would you like to hold her." "Yes" the woman cries, over joyed at her baby freshly raped in towel's withe a small little smile on her face "I'll name you Dinky, and nothing will ever happen to you my little muffin, I swear it" she say's to her new born child.

Ponyville 3 years later: POV: ?

"Mama look" the little filly Dinky gurgles for her mother, "I see Dinky that's a very beautiful, bird you drew." The mother say's to her child as she watch's her run away into the living room, back to the table that hold's all her colored pencil's and crayon's. The woman watches as her child grab's another piece of paper and start's a new drawing, but the child stop's and look's up to her mother and say's "Mama, when are we going to see grampa next?" "A very good question my little muffin, how about we go next week" the mother says and the small Dinky yeah's very loudly and her mother clams her by saying "Why don't you draw him a picture" the filly nod's and starts to draw once more. The mother sigh's to her self and thinks 'It's been a few year's, but Dinky need's to know her grandfather, I'll just ask him not to reveal our history I want so much more for her than that path.'

Present: Tall Tale POV: ?

As the woman looked at the photos of her child in the scrap book she relived every memory, everything her and her child did together, from drawing, to bird watching, to making muffins. Gazing at the star's in the sky to learn of the constellation's and to enjoy Princess Luna's Moon, to her first levitation spell, and to finally meeting her grandfather. As the mare looked at the scrap book she became more depressed, but the more she got depressed the more her anger got the better of her, 'our family has always been hunters' her father had told her from her great great grandfather who served in the Solar empire back when Nightmare Moon was around and how he was the best scout in the army, to her great grandfather who sold meat to the griffon's, to her very own father who kept the business alive today and her father had taught her how to handle herself. "Remember Derpy" her father had said "So long as you show respect and use all of the kill it's not bad and Faust will guide us, you're becoming a grown mare and I want you to know how to defend yourself and maybe one day take over the business" but Derpy had never wanted to do that but she understood where her father was coming from. Even though her eye's sometimes went cross eyed she went beyond her father with swordsmanship, she could hit a bird at 1000 yard's without the aid of a scope, and she was very proficient with knives. Maybe that's why she was angry at her self she knew how to protect herself and her child yet she allowed herself to be blindsided by those Caribou.

Even Though she had had fought back they had managed to get her daughter 'If only I had been stronger and faster' she thought, and that one thought made her snap. She threw the book against the wall where it knocked down picture frames that shattered on the floor, she flipped the table she was sitting at and screamed "I am going to find those fuckers and fillet them alive." She then went to her the mantle and grabbed her great great grand father's old military sword that was kept in pristine fighting condition by every member of her family, it was a long polished metal blade with an ivory handle and scabbard. She then went to her father's old room and tore her family portrait off the wall. Behind the photo was an old safe, Derpy entered the combination and opened the safe where she found the old hunting rifle passed down from her great grandfather. The rifle itself had seen better day's but was kept in perfect working order, the rifle was a Shiloh Sharps 1874 lever action breech loader, with a 34 inch barrel, converted to fire a .45-110 metallic cartridge with a 540 grain paper-patch bullet. It has double set triggers, and is fitted with a ladder-elevated Vernier peep sight and a Globe front sight although it was single shot the family never replaced it.

Derpy then went to her old room in her father's house and grabbed her knife that was custom made for her by her father, it was a bowie knife practically a short sword it was 10 inches long and and was at least 3 inches wide. she grabbed the knife and sheath and put them on she also put on the sword and grabbed the rifle. There were only 4 boxes of ammo and only one place in all of Tall Tale to get more "Well Sharp Talon it's time for a visit" Derpy said to herself.

Sharp Talon's Shop: POV: Derpy

As Derpy walked from her father's house to Sharp Talon's she got a few odd looks but most everyone in Tall Tale knew that the Hoove's were hunter's so no one paid much mind to her, they thought she was just running an errand for her father. As Derpy neared the gun shop she heard talking coming from around the back so she went to figure out what it was and what she saw was a strange stallion talking and helping Sharp Talon load weapon's into a wagon but she just hid and listened to the conversation they were having. "So what are we going to do with these" she heard Sharp say, "Well" the strange stallion started "were going to get them to the cave and then set up a few cartridge trap's, some canned grenade trap's, and some mine's but if we can we also need to find like minded people" the stallion finished. 'Like minded people' Derpy thought to herself before she saw a crate withe the ammo type she needed stamped on the side of be loaded into the wagon so she decided she should see what they were talking about.

John's POV

As John and Sharp were finishing with the last crate that needed to be loaded into the wagon they heard "Excuse me." John was the first to turn around and standing there near the entrance to the storage door was a grey pegasus mare, she had golden hair and eye's but the eye's where what attracted John they seemed to move in different directions on they're own but the woman's head never moved away from his meaning she was completely focused on him. Then Sharp spoke "Derpy what are you doing here" as he walked up and hugged the mare he asked "How have you been?"

"I've been better Sharp, as for your second question I need ammo" Derpy said. It was then that John noticed the rifle slung over her shoulders, and instantly he knew what it was "Shiloh Sharps, very nice but isn't it a little out of date" he asked the Derpy. She answered with "Nah still fires like she was built yesterday, by the way my name's Derpy whats yours?"

"Rambo, John Rambo" he answered "Why would a pony need a rifle like that and ammo?"

"For one that's none of your business and second Sharp here" she said pointing to Sharp Talon "Is the only one who can make the ammo I need correctly now your going to leave so I can get my ammo and then my revenge."

"Well if it's revenge you want" John said "then all you had to do was say so, in fact I'm guessing since you're carrying that rifle you're comfortable with taking a life if you have to, so why don't you join me and Sharp Talon in hunting down the fuck's that have been kidnapping mares and return them."

"Really?" Derpy questioned "Your not going to tell me I can't come or to back off because I'm a female" she said raising an eyebrow.

"There wouldn't be a point to" John said "You've got a fire in your eyes that says your going with or without us, even if you die trying" he finished. Derpy nodded and helped John and sharp finish up loading the wagon and once that was done the started moving the wagon to where John's cave was. It took them about an hour to reach the cave, and another half hour to unload the wagon. When it was all done John wanted to ask Derpy so he went into his cave, and he managed to find Derpy down a small side expansion of the mine near the entrance, "Sp why are you doing this?" He asked her.

"They took my daughter a couple weeks ago the only reason the couldn't get me was because I fought back to well, and now they have my daughter and I'm going to get her back or die trying to" she said.

"That's very noble" John said "and I've got another question, do you know anyone else that would be willing to help us?"

"In fact I do" Derpy said with a grin on her face, "he's a unicorn blacksmith, by the name of Artificer, he's very good with tools and swords, his family is also famous for being able to create golem's."

"Alright but why would he help us?" John asked.

Derpy started frowning and said "because his daughter was taken the same week my little muffin was."

"I'm sorry to bring up bad memory's" John said "now let's go find ourselves a black smith." If only they knew what Artificer had been working on since his daughter was taken.