• ...
5
 67
 1,578

Setting up camp

'Well I've managed to find a map' John thought to himself as he walked out of Vanhouver. He found himself walking towards the forest between Tall Tale and the Smokey Mountains. "With the border to the Undiscovered West near the forest and mountain side I might be able to find an abandoned cave, plus the forest will help me with traps and hunting" John said aloud to himself while walking down the road while looking at the map.

It was almost night fall from what John internal clock was telling him, but the sun was still almost over head. However just as fast as he realized this the sun started moving across the sky to dip below the horizon while from the east the moon itself was rising almost to be over head. "Now that was wierd as fuck." John said out loud to himself 'this planets gravitational pull must make the sun and moon move to the center of the sky and stay there...peculiar' he thought internally. But he figured since the moon kept his path to Tall Tale vusable he might as well keep walking, and walk he did. He kept it up for at least a couple hours more until he decided to find a some what nice place to rest his head on the sise of the road out of sight of the path and away from prying eyes or at least he thought.

Castle of the TWo Sisters, Canterlot, Princess Luna

Night court was slow that night for the Princess that ruled it, "Captain Full Moon call an end to night court I sense a disturbance in the dream realm." (I don't think Luna can actually feel disturbance's in the dream realm while she's awake but I'm gonna say she can for plot development) Princess Luna said to her night guard captain, a thestarl that she had enlisted personally, "Right away your highness" Full Moon said as he started gathering the guard in the room and letting the guard at the door know that night court was over for that night. As the Guard escorted Princess Luna to her room, which coincidentally was actually a few halls away from the throne room she dismissed her gaurd for the night as she walked into her room.

"Now to find out what that disturbance in the dream realm is" Luna said aloud to herself as she closed her eyes to send herslef to find the odd dream. Inside of the dream realm, the odd disturbance she felt was even stronger and as she walked along passing a multitude of doors, none of them being the dream she was looking for, until she came across a door that was completely different from all of the others. You see normaply doors in the dream real represented the pnie they were associated with, meaning the door was the color of their fur, this door she was in front of however was an ornate redwood in color. It looked worn and old with pok marks and scars all along the door, the hinges looked rusted to the point that even the slighyest breeze could blow them away and at the same time were sturdy enough to protect against several dragons attacking it, and it was also this door that the dream was coming from.

"Know thos extremely odd" Luna said, as she opened the door and found herself sucked in to what would be the worst nightmare she had ever seen or would ever see. She was in a forest in the middle of a heavy rain storm, the sounds of lightning and thunder came from over head, there was also barking and some indistint yelling coming from aways off. She decided to teleport directly to the dreamer and what she saw shool her to her very core, there tressed up by his arms suspended from a pole that was atleats 7 feet of the groud was a shirtless pony, however he didn't quite look like a pony, he had matted black hair, tan skin, and the most gruesome sight Luna had ever seen, criss crossing his body were scares that looked fresh enough to still ooze blood, while others were in the process of healing. " by thine name what the buck has happened to you" she exclaimed.

The pony looked up to here and said "You don"t belong here, there was never an indago unicorn in Vietnam, unless I hallucinated you." "I am no hallucination my little pony, why do you dream of being captured and tortured there have been no wars on Eques in ove 1000 years" Luna said, the pony replied with a raged laugh "I'm guessing you can interact with dreams in this land and to and to answer your question this isn't a normal dream it is a memory from my world, what is your name strange unicorn."
"You may call us Luna, princess of the moon and watcher of dreams and what may we call you dear pony, and what do you mean your world" Luna said.
"Mg name is John Rambo, and I do not come from the world of Eques, I come from the world of Earth where i died after taking some revenge, I was transported here after a watcher of worlds said your world needed help, so I decided to lend an exoert hand" John said.
"We can tell you are not lying sir Rambo, but we do not understand what you would be able to help us with" Luna said confused releasing John of his nightmare. "The only thing plaguing Equestria are the Zebra and Caribou who choose to kidnap our subjects, we have tried to negotiate however both the Zebra and Caribou will not respond to us and we cannot start a war because war has not been waged for over 1000 years like I said."
"Well Luna if I had to guess it is to help you against theese forces that wish tk harm your subjexts and threaten your country, I am a warrior and veteran where I'm from I can easily best these forces though it would tale a while, plus if I can get these forces to focus on me then they wouldn't focus on your subjectsv John said.
"We would accept your help but how would you go about such a task" Luna asked.
"Easy" John replied, "I am making way for a forest and mountain once there I will lace the forest with traps that ony I could navigate, and I will make camp in a cave once one was found. I would then, find the entrances to one of these nations and then as I work through them I eould continue to set traps as I went so that.."
"If one of the empires you enter decide to get into Equestria even just to find you if you left, once theu entered the forests they'd never leave" Luna finished seeing where he was going. "Alright we shall keep you a secret and keep the people od Tall Tale away from the mountain and forst so you may work, however expect another visit from thineself and thine sister."
"Alright, just pop into my dream again tk let me know, other than that thank you I work best alone" John said and as he finished speaking the sream came to an end as he awoke to the waking world.

Outside the forest of Tall Tale, John Rambo

It had been an evemtful night aparently an old nightmare made itself known once more. He didn't complain because he meet one of the princesses of the land he was in and as he left his resting spot it only took him a couple minutes to enter the forest. As he went he marked trees and the ground for the place ment of traps, spike pits, and any other types of war material he could make and use in the forest. He had been scouting and walking in the wood for close to an hour beforw he came upone the mouth of what apeard to be an old mine "Just like old time" he chuckled ti himself as he set about turning the cavern into a base of operarions for now. He searched the entire entrance and a bit of the mine shaft, and he had managed to find old beds, which he coukd use the springs and metal from, old wire, both normal and barbed, plus a few ingrediants to make homemade explosive and with his base set up and a few supplies he set back out into the frest to set his traps.

However he was unaware of the forest fauna taking an interest in him, even the large and deadly predators found themselves watching from afar. Now natural order told them to hunt and kill the pony encroaching on ther territory however an even larger natural voice was screaming at them drowning out the other voice and the screaming vouce said 'stay as far away from that pony as possible.' Now what your wondering is why, well the main reason was because this one lone stallion stunk of death and killer instinct every creature especially the main predators natural instincts told them this predor smelled of the death of hundreds, and against worse odds and even though he came close to death himself he refused to di. And this sent made every animal cautious of the pony esoecially whrn they witnessed him laying the traps and digging the pits and at once every animal though different in hight, weighg, and temperment had the same thought. 'Stay the hell away from that pony and his camp anyothers that trek in here shall be dead by him vefore we could even hunt.'

Author's Note:

This is the map tha im basing the story off from