• Published 7th Feb 2020
  • 917 Views, 16 Comments

The Legend of Sunrise Freezer, First Arc: Make peace with the past - Justafanfictioner



Sunrise Freezer was a legend in the history of Equestria, A hero of the past the world forgot when he disappear one day. He is now back and ready to save the world, this time in the human world!!

  • ...
7
 16
 917

Chapter 21: The law of the jungle.

Fluttershy has entered the temple and was trapped for now 4 hours in it. She was turning in circle and her little buddy was sleeping now.

“This place is so creepy and disturbing, she thought. It’s so dark , so unfriendly...But i won’t give up yet!”

She suddenly see something she have missed, a little detail she didn’t take account of: One of the little statues who were decorating the temple was different from the others.

“It is me or the eyes of this statue are black instead of white? She ask to herself. Yes, i am right, his eyes are not of the same color than the others statues!”

She wake up Apy and ask him to examine the statue with the Black eyes. The marmoset get to the statue and push it out of the base it was on. The stone statue broke and reveal a key to open the door she seen but she couldn’t open yet.

“A key!!! She said out loud. This is the key to open the door leading to the next room!! Thank you, Apy!!”

She gave him a bunch of grapes and immediately run to the door and enter the key in; the door open and the two friends continue their way.

“Oh, you must be kidding me!!!” said Fluttershy, when she see what was in that room.

A room full of traps such as poison dart throwers, spikes, rotating blades and possibly acid or lava pits. Even the little marmoset is afraid of what i saw too.

“That’s it, said Fluttershy. I have no chance to pass that room without being killed, i won’t go further!”

Apy, the marmoset, small and agile, climb on the ceiling and reach the other side of the room, activate the lever to stop the traps and open the door. Fluttershy pass directly through the room and hug Apy to thank him.

“You are the best, Apy! She said. Do you know that?”

Apy make a thumb up to say he knew it and that make Fluttershy laugh. They get in the next room and see many doors with different colors and textures and each one with a different lock. She quickly deduce that one of these doors was the way to the next part of her exploration, but the only problem was to find the keys.

”I need keys to open these locks, she thought. But where can i find them? Maybe they are hidden somewhere...”

She explore the room more carefully, neglecting nothing, for suddenly activating a hidden metallic pressure sensor by stepping on it. 10 seconds later, 6 pillars come out of the ground with a key on each of them and of different color matching those of the doors. Also on each of them was written a message that Fluttershy take care to read before choosing a key. She begin with the green door’s message:

“«This door will lead you to the most precious treasure of all.» she read. I wonder what that mean?”

She read the message of the yellow door who was saying: «This door will lead you to the path of the light», then the one on the red door: «This door will lead you to the end of your quest», the blue door: «This door will lead you to the last part of your adventure», the purple door: «This door will lead you to a dark and dangerous path that will end your adventure» and finally the last one, of the orange color: «This door will lead you to an unexpected end».

”Visibly, each of these doors messages have at first sight a common meaning, she thought. They all can lead to the end of my adventure, that mean death or failure/abandon. I am sure one of these doors will lead me to the next part of my adventure...”

Apy, during that time, have picked up one of the keys, more specifically the purple one. That caused the five other keys to shatter and Fluttershy to panic.

“Apy, you bad marmoset!! She said to him. I didn’t told you to pick a key! This is the one who will lead me to a dark and dangerous path possibly to the death and that scare me!! I hope for you that you choose the good one because if this is not, we are good for a one-way to the afterlife.”

She open the door and resign herself to pass it, like expected, all was absolute darkness.

“Oh deer, she said. That is gonna be the worst part of this quest...”

Apy use his developed senses to verify any source of danger, he hear something similar to the sound of two metal things rubbing against each other. Fluttershy accidentally activate a floor trap who make her and Apy tumble down a passage leading not to their death but in a mine cart.

“Oh no, now i understand what the word dangerous was for!! Said Fluttershy out loud. I am not ready for that!!!”

The cart start to move on the rails slowly, then more quickly after 2 minutes. Then the two companions look, terrified, at the dangerous slope in front of them and then the ride begin for real. She spent minutes screaming but then her scream changed to laughs when she realize that was like in Equestria Land, when her and Rainbow Dash tried the horrifying roller coaster Dash didn’t liked. After 1 hour of wild ride and many rushes of adrenaline, Fluttershy and Apy arrive at the end of the railway in security.

“That was awesome!!! She yelled, excited by the adrenaline who was still flowing in her body. I want more!!!”

She use it to move over the last obstacles blocking her way and continue to run and arrive in a room filled with lot of treasures. Apy start to search in the treasure and so does Fluttershy, for hours and hours but without finding her geode. She knew it had to be here because that place had no other doors and found a message saying that this room was the one containing her geode.

“My geode have to be in that pile of treasures!!! She said out loud with anger. I need it, i want to see me friends again!!!”

She give up after passing one more hour to search and start to cry. Apy was still in the pile of gold and jewels but not for researching because he found the geode of Fluttershy hours ago. If he didn’t give it to her immediately that was because he was conflicted emotionally during all this time. His mind was telling him to not do that, because he will lost Fluttershy forever, but his heart was telling him to give it, by love for her and by the name of their friendship. He finally take his decision and jump on Fluttershy’s shoulder, showing her the geode.

“Is that my geode? She said. You found it!!!? I am so proud of you, Apy!!!”

She hug her furry friend with joy and happiness, but stop when she also realize that if that was the end of her adventure, that will be also the end of their friendship because the marmoset will disappear with the rest of this simulation. She put her geode on her neck to be able to understand what her friend say.

“Now, we can talk freely to each other, she said. This geode gave me the power of talking to the animals like if i was talking with another human.”

“I will be honest with you, said Apy, with a familiar voice Fluttershy heard before. I found your geode in the first minute we entered this room, but i didn’t immediately gave it to you and i am sorry for that...”

“No, i understand why you did that, she said, starting to cry again. I don’t want to say goodbye to you too...”

Apy swipe her tears with his tail, then jump on her knees and face her.

“But we both knew that time will come, he said. I don’t have any regret and the days we passed together were the most beautiful of my life, even if i was born 5 days ago. I am aware that i will disappear once you will return to your world and i accept that. Goodbye, my friend, i will never forget you...”

The background turn into dust and disappear and Apy fade away, letting Fluttershy sad and angry. A few moments later Sunrise appear in front of her and take her in his arms, but she reject him with rage.

“I hate you!!! She yelled to him. I fucking hate you, Sunrise!!!”

She run in his direction, trying to hit him but Sunrise immobilize her with is magic.

“I understand your rage, Fluttershy, he said. You were very attached to him, but i want you to know before we left this dimension that your friend, Apy, was not a part of that simulation.”

“What do you mean? He disappeared at the same time that everything in this dimension!” she said.

Sunrise take the form of her furry friend and speak with the same voice than Apy, then turn back to normal.

“No, don’t tell me you were...Him...During all this time?” she asked.

“Yes, that was me all that time, he answered. Remember when i told you in my letter that i had a debt toward you and gave you your knitting stuff? They were just the diversion, my veritable gift was to help you, subtly, throughout your little adventure, in the form of a marmoset. I am sorry if i make you feel sad and angry a little.”

“Thank you, Sunrise, she said, to have been beside me and helped me throughout this horrible adventure. I feel so guilty to get angry at you after telling me that, let me find a way to apologize for being so mean at y...”

Sunrise put his finger on Fluttershy’s mouth.

“I knew you would get mad at me when you realized than once you’ll have found your geode, you will said goodbye to him, he said. I don’t need your apologies because now we are quite now, now, let’s return home...”

Him and Fluttershy leave the dimension, now more closer than ever from each other.