• Published 7th Feb 2020
  • 917 Views, 16 Comments

The Legend of Sunrise Freezer, First Arc: Make peace with the past - Justafanfictioner



Sunrise Freezer was a legend in the history of Equestria, A hero of the past the world forgot when he disappear one day. He is now back and ready to save the world, this time in the human world!!

  • ...
7
 16
 917

Chapter 15: Searching for a life purpose, Part 2

The C.M.C were actually at the top of a high mountain with Sunrise. (The mountain was so high than it have snow at his top) This one was on a scooter he created himself and the 3 fillies were in a hot air balloon.

“Uh...Mr. Sunrise, Are you sure this is not to dangerous?” asked Scootaloo.

“Nope, he said. Try to follow me if you can!!”

Sunrise begin his descent of the mountain like a pro, avoiding rocks and cliffs. But after a few minutes, he start to have more difficulty to control his trajectory. His scooter broke against a rock and the 3 young fillies were terrified. But Sunrise, quick as the lightning, make appear roller on his 4 hooves and continue to descent the mountain.

“Sunrise: 1, Mountain: 0!” he thought.

Sunrise succeed to make it to the bottom of the mountain without a scratch. The C.M.C applause him.

“That was awesome!!! Said Scootaloo. You did it like a pro!!”

“I am not agree, said Sweetie Belle. He could have died when his scooter broke!”

“But then he just make those rollers appear from nowhere and continue like if nothing happened, said Scootaloo. He is just so awesome, and that came from the pony who have Rainbow Dash for big sister.”

“He is so handsome, said Sweetie Belle, Look at his mane and that face...”

“Forget that, Sweetie Belle, said Applebloom, he is 5000 years old and none of us are grown up mares yet.”

“I know, Applebloom, but you can’t told me to not have a crush on him” she said.

Sunrise join the fillies in the sky.

“That was exciting, but what’s next?”

“Hum, if we stay in that category, you could try mountain climbing, skydiving or rope jumping!” said Applebloom.

“Or you could also try skiing, ice skating and sledging!” said Scootaloo

“Or you could also do ice sculpture, rock sculpture or plant sculpture” said Sweetie Belle.

Sunrise make appear mountain climbing equipment in front of him for himself and one of the C.M.C

“I was thinking one of you could show me how that work, he said. Who is interested?”

“Count me in!! Said Scootaloo. I will show you how to climb a mountain.”

Scootaloo begin to climb the mountain with Sunrise following her from above. After 10 minutes, he start to climb with agility and speed. He get next to her in only 3 minutes and put her on his back.

“Do you want to see me climbing that big rock in less than one hour?” he asked to her.

“Sure i want!!!” she answered.

He continue to climb, rapidly and without any difficulty. Scootaloo begin to be afraid when they reach a certain altitude, but is quickly reassured when she see Sunrise climbing without any fear, just smiling at the danger. Scootaloo suddenly slip form Sunrise back because of the ice breaking the ropes. Sunrise use his horn to make her float and hold her against his chest.

“I got you, he said. You have nothing to be afraid of with me to protect you”

These words make Scootaloo’s smile. He attach her more solidly to his back and continue to climb. He finally make it to the top and Scootaloo stop the timer.

“You made it in 56 minutes and 48 seconds!!! She said. You made it like you said you will”

“No, WE made it, together. Alright, do you want to see me fly and skydiving?”

“Uh...” she said, a little bit afraid to fall from him.

“Don’t worry, i won’t let you fall or get injured, just trust me” he said to her.

“Okay, i will trust you” she said.

Sunrise start to fly, reaching soon 10000 feet in the air. Then he stop to take altitude and begin to speed up( he casted a spell on Scootaloo to protect her from the gravitational force (or G force, who is a term used in aeronautic to describe the pressure a being endure during, by example, a military flight test) and the effects of the flux of air against her. He soon reach the sound barrier and make a sonic boom who create a explosion of blue light and magic.

“Weeeeeeehhhhh!!! Said Scootaloo. Do it again!!”

Sunrise make another sonic boom, then let himself fall from the sky.

“It’s skydiving time!!!” he said to Scootaloo.

Sunrise fall from 10 minutes before he teleport Scootaloo in the hot air balloon and crash against the ground.

“Nooooooo!!! Sunrise!!!!” she said.

The dust disappear and reveal than Sunrise protected himself with a magic barrier, laughing.

“That’s not funny!!! Said Scootaloo, who was almost crying of fear. You scared me!!!”

Sunrise teleport near to her and hug the scared filly.

“I am sorry, that was not my intention to make you cry, he said. I just wanted to show you that i fear no danger”

“That’s okay...But don’t do that again, okay?” she said.

Then the 4 ponies head to the Yakyakistan to do winter themed activities. (Sunrise protected him and the 3 fillies with a cold resistance spell while they were on the way) He knock at the door of the yak village.

“You will get in there and told to the prince Rutherford where is the highest mountain of their land” he said.

“Why don’t do it yourself?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Did Twilight or somepony else told you about the fact i planned the invasion on Equestria a few time ago?” he said

“Yes, said Scootaloo, but she also told us you were sorry about it and not really evil.”

“Yes, Twilight and her close friends forgave me, but i am not sure the rest of her friends did” said Sunrise

The door open and Sunrise disguise himself as a ice climber to be credible before a yak appear from behind the door. That yak was the prince Rutherford and he was surprised to see the C.M.C in front of him, with an adult pony he didn’t recognize.

“Yak welcome 3 little fillies!! Ponies friends of Twilight are welcome to yak village!” he said

“We are happy to see you, prince Rutherford” said Applebloom.

“This pony behind us his an adept of extreme winter sport and he want to know the best spot in the Yakyakistan.” said Sweetie Belle.

“He can’t speak because he have a voice problem” added Scootaloo.

“Yaks will be happy to help ponies to find best mountain in Yakyakistan, said Rutherford. But Yaks want ponies to do yaks things before”

“Yona told me about your traditions, said Applebloom. We are really glad you gave us that honor!!”

Sunrise speak to Applebloom by telepathy.

“That is not the plan, Applebloom, I don’t have time for that.” he said

“Speak for yourself, i never tried yak activities and i won’t miss that opportunity.”

The trio walk in direction of the center of the village while the yaks greet them. Suddenly, Yona run in their direction and hug them, except Sunrise, who had disappear suddenly.

“Yona is happy to see Pony friends Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom!!!” she said.

“We are happy to see you too!” say Applebloom

“What are ponies doing in Yak village?” asked Yona.

“Well, we came here to ask you father to told us where the best mountain of the Yakyakistan is.” said Scootaloo.

While Yona and the 3 Crusaders were talking, Sunrise was almost a the exit of the village. He wanted to have fun with the yaks, but was also thinking he should not get the right to be with them. Rutherford see him when he was about to leave then a powerful wind suddenly reveal one of Sunrise’s wings. He immediately recognize Sunrise and understand why he was leaving their village.

“This is not polite for ice climber Pony to leave a yak party like that” said Rutherford.

“Damn it, thought Sunrise. I wanted to leave without being seen. Screw it, i will use my magic to get out of there”

“Rutherford know who pony are, he said. Twilight told yaks that Hero Pony was sorry about what he did to yaks. Yaks forgave Hero Pony for a long time.”

Sunrise remove his costume and come face to Sunrise.

“You know what i did to you and your subjects, prince Rutherford, he said. I don’t deserve to be here, i am not a hero, just an impostor.”

“Rutherford see that Hero Pony have regret, said the prince. Hero Pony have a heart, Hero Pony is not an impostor. But Because Hero Pony tried to leave Yak village, Hero Pony will have to do a yak dance in front of all the yaks.”

“What? Seriously?!” he said.

Sunrise walk among the yaks who, surprisingly, are nice and friendly with him.

“Why are they so friendly with me? Asked Sunrise.”

“Prince Rutherford told Hero pony Yaks forgave easily, he said. Now, do Yak dance!”

“Can you show me how to do it?” asked Sunrise

A yak showed to Sunrise the dance, he start timidly to move his legs and jump. Then he catch the rhythm and even take pleasure to dance like a yak, who are cheering him and join the dance. Then they eat vanilla cake and griffin scones, smash wood things and laugh around a campfire. Rutherford invite the 4 ponies to stay in their village for the night, what they accept with joy. The next day, A yak lead them to the better mountain of their kingdom.

“Well, i guess this is the time to rock that mountain” said Sunrise.

“Can i told you something?” said Scootaloo.

“Sure, go on!” he answered

“I wanted to thank you for protecting me, yesterday, she said. When i was scared, you told me not to be afraid, and my fear disappeared, like if you knew what to say to give me inspiration and guide my when i panicked.”

Her words make their way deep in Sunrise’s heart and he suddenly have an illumination.

“Thank you for your help, little ones, he said. You really are the best”

“What? We don’t even have gone trough all the activities!” said Sweetie Belle.

“You made me realize what is my life purpose, he said. I am here to share and teach what i learned from the past to the future generations!! This is what you said 10 seconds ago, scootaloo, that give me the answer. I must protect and guide those weaker than me, friends or not”

“We are so happy for you, Sunrise, said Scootaloo, also speaking for the others. But...”

“You want to do more activities, am i right? He said. Let’s take this day to make all the activity we can do...”

The C.M.C hug Sunrise, who warm his heart and make him feel for the first time since millennium, useful again. At the end of the day, Sunrise wrote a letter to Twilight and send it to her by magic. Meanwhile in the castle, Spike fire burp the scroll from Sunrise. Twilight open it and read it:

“You may be surprised that i used Spike to sent you this letter with the spell of Celestia. She actually taught it to me and told me you were doing the same thing a long time ago, so i decided to write about what your friends told me about the Friendship today. True friends are here to help you when you need them, they protect you and stay with you, they trust you and you can trust them. While i was with Scootaloo climbing a mountain, she fully trusted me even when she was scared and uncertain. At this moment, i felt something i didn’t felt for millenniums: Pride, the pride to be an example for young generations. I Also meet your yak friends and i was afraid they would hate me for what i did to them. They treated my like one of them, this is why they made me do their traditional dance, but i don’t regret it. I also found my life purpose: Inspire and guide future generations with what i learned during my life. Yes, that mean i will share with you my knowledge when i will have time. Please told Sunset than i will come back in a week and also, can you reserve a room for me?”

“P.S: Told to Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash that their sisters have been with me and well treated. I don’t want them to think i kidnapped their little sisters.”