• Published 20th Dec 2011
  • 6,466 Views, 142 Comments

Leap of Faith: Shyness Vs. Kindness - Wolokai



Big Macintosh is a bouncer and Apple Stallion, but can be something more to dear Fluttershy?

  • ...
14
 142
 6,466

Intermission - Wolokai gets a Present...

The sounds of typing filled the room, the colt sitting at the desk sighing and wearily staring at the screen. "Must not disappoint...so many depend on me now...so many follow me....can't disappoint....need to-"

"Wolokai! What are you doing!? You need to be RESTING, not working!" Vinyl shouted from the doorway, scowling at the brown Pegasus who turned his head with a slight frown on his face.

He muttered "Vinyl not now...I had a really rough day at work...it's Hearth's Warming Eve...you know how it is!"

Vinyl pointed a hoof at him and shouted "Uh huh, exactly! You work tommorow on Hearth's Warming, and you need to get up early! Ugh...I'm starting to sound like Octavia..."

Wolokai sighed and turned his head back to the screen, shouting back "Yeah yeah...just, let me finish this chapter, I need to pump it out tonight before I hit the hay."

Vinyl sighed and shook her head, walking into the room and dropping a small rectangular present on his keyboard. She whispered "Mexy said to open that early...so...there you go. See you tommorow dude..." Wolokai nodded his head, waiting until he heard the door close before opening it gently.

As he opened it, he felt a heated throb echo from his heart, a smile forming on his face as he read the note attached to the painted picture

"To a loyal, wonderful friend. Thank you...for everything! - Mexy"

He smiled, looking over the picture and propping it up inside the frame of his closet door, gently of course, to avoid damaging it as he knew she took great care to paint it for him. He would need to get it framed as well, but for now...it was back to writing. Sure he would be working on Hearth's Warming (Though he did volunteer so he could cash in more bits), sure things were hard, but at least he knew he had a friend who cared...a friend he knew he could depend on...a friend who knew he was a big fan of Rainbow Dash, but most of all, her Loyalty.

His smile grew as he continued to write, more adventures forming in his mind for the wonderful readers who praised and gave him strength. He would make sure he didn't disappoint.

(Happy Hearth's Warming to all of you, my fantastic readers! We have more Shyness Vs. Kindness coming up so stay tuned!)