• Published 29th Jan 2020
  • 2,987 Views, 9 Comments

Fluttershy's Question - NightCoreMoon



Fluttershy has a question or two. Rainbow has an answer or two. Shameless Flutterdash fluff.

  • ...
5
 9
 2,987

1- Q&A

/x/x/x/

Bleeps and bloops fill the air as Rainbow Dash games away. The linen blankets and pillowcase she’s seated atop are powder blue and decorated with lightning bolts, matching the walls. The remnants of two half-eaten pizzas, one Xtra large stuffed crust meat lovers supreme, and one small thin crust veggie with soy cheese, color the air with their scent. Fluttershy lays down next to her, not particularly paying attention to the game.

Her focus is instead fixed upon the long, beautiful, multicolored hair of her best friend in the whole world. Rainbow’s wearing two tank tops and a jacket, and pink shorts that show pretty much her entire toned legs. Fluttershy herself is wearing her normal getup, a tank and skirt. The darkened window outside shows silhouettes of their reflections.

“I guess you’ll probably stay the night, huh?” Rainbow asks. “You've been here so long the sun set.”

“I’m sorry...”

Rainbow waves her off. “I don't mean it like that, I like it when you stay over. I've liked it the dozen or so years I've known you. I just mean, where are you planning to sleep?”

Fluttershy’s pulse skyrockets at this. “Um... I could just sleep in here with you, if that's okay?”

“Yeah, sure.” Rainbow shrugs. “I probably have some pajamas somewhere that’ll fit you.”

A melancholic smile crosses Fluttershy’s lips but it doesn't reach her eyes. She exhales lightly out her nose.

“Then again,” she continues. “Last time I loaned you clothes you said they were really tight around the chest. Which, you know, can't blame either of us for that. Maybe my mom has a nightshirt you can borrow. Unless you just wanna sleep in what you're wearing? Which should be fine since we’ll just shower in the morning.”

Fluttershy blushes as Rainbow mentions shower. Her mind wanders, until her conscience bats her mind over the head with a newspaper shouting ‘Bad Fluttershy, bad!’ She refocuses on the here and now, and looks at the game. The pretty girl with the swords and guns is zipping around the screen and beating up demons.

“That's fine.”

“Alright, one less thing to worry about.” Rainbow arches her back and pops the bones back in place, then does the same to her neck. “You want the next level?”

“Um... no thanks. I think I've had enough of playing this anyway. It gives me motion sickness.”

“That's a shame, this game’s great. You want ice cream or something? We can get some after this level. I gotta put the leftovers in the fridge anyway.”

“...maybe later.”

“Sure, whatever works for you, Shy. You okay? You sound tired. I can pause and we can do it now if you want.”

“I'm fine,” she says, sitting up. She puts her head on Rainbow’s shoulder. “I, um... I actually have a question.”

“Shoot.”

Fluttershy takes a deep breath and lets it out. “Do you think I'm pretty?”

Rainbow immediately pauses. “What did Sunset say to you this time?”

“Nothing... I just wanna know what you think.”

Rainbow cocks her head to the side. “Alright, that's a weird question but I mean, yeah, you're pretty. I mean come on, you’ve done photo shoots for makeup commercials. They don't exactly hire ugly girls for modeling jobs.”

Fluttershy sighs. “This might be a weirder question but can you tell me why?”

“Why what?”

“Why you think I'm pretty?”

Rainbow shrugs and lays back. “Man, why do you gotta ask the hard questions after dark? Alright, if I ignore the fact that we’re practically sisters and I look at you like I'm someone else... your hair, your eyes, your smile, your singing voice, your regular voice, your clothes. Just. You're pretty, you know?”

Fluttershy solemnly nods. “What about if you look at me like yourself?”

Rainbow pinches the bridge of her nose. “Okay, um. The way your whole face lights up when you see a puppy or some other animal...” she ponders for a moment. “I don't really know what you want me to say here. This would be easier if you just, you know, tell me what's wrong.”

Fluttershy brings her knees up to her forehead. “Nothing’s wrong. I just... I’m just curious.”

Rainbow leans over and gently rubs her friend’s back. “Alright, I'll believe you. Mind if I ask why you’re curious?”

Fluttershy can't help but relax at the physical contact. She melts into the touch. “Just... trying to make conversation. We don't talk about this kind of thing very much.”

Rainbow nods. “All right. Well. Let me ask this so I can know what you want better. Do you think that I’m pretty, and if so, why?”

“Of course I do!” She cried, exuberant. She turns in place. “You...” she takes a breath and calms down. “Your eyes are really expressive and kind and passionate about the things you love. Your hair is the whole rainbow, and it’s really soft when you take care of it. Your skin is really smooth and a nice color to it. Your... your girlfriends you have sometimes are really lucky.”

Rainbow smirks at this. “Well thanks, I appreciate that. So uh. I can say the same things about you. So you know what, you’re just as pretty as me, if not more so. And that's my truthful opinion.”

Fluttershy grins and lays back. “That helps a lot, Dashie. Thanks.”

“Mhmm. Any other questions?”

“...maybe.”

“Shoot.”

“Do you think I’m... cute?”

Rainbow blinks. “Cute?”

Fluttershy nods.

“Well, uh. You mean like. Cute in general or cute as in specifically you?”

“I... I don't know. Maybe it’s a dumb question...”

“Nah, no questions are dumb. If anything I’m dumb for not really knowing how to answer easy questions like this. But, um. Yeah, you're cute. If you ever start dating, the guys will be really lucky.”

Fluttershy falters slightly at this but presses on. “What about... sexy?”

“Oh boy,” Rainbow leans forward and stands up. “Now we’re in territory I’m uncomfortable with.”

“Sorry!”

“No, you're fine! I just mean, I don't wanna answer this question. I'm... I'll be bad with it.”

“...bad how?”

Rainbow sighs and puts her head against the wall. “Because, you know, I'm bad with words, and I’m gay, and you’re sensitive, and I know that I'm either gonna eff it up and say something wrong and hurt you or I'm gonna eff it up and say something wrong and make you uncomfortable. But you're pretty, you're cute, you're beautiful, all of that stuff. Just... don't ask me this, please.”

“...okay.”

Rainbow sits back down. “I'm not mad at you. I could never be mad at you. But I just... imagine if I asked you if I was sexy. What would you say?”

Fluttershy puts her index fingers together. “... I’d say yes.”

“...what.”

“I... I'd say yes. You’re an athlete, you know, you take care of your body. You have nice legs, and a nice...” she coughs. “A nice butt. And abs. And... other stuff.”

Rainbow blinks a few times, processing this. “You... think I'm sexy?”

“...yes.”

“...oh. Well in that case yeah. Your boobs are awesome.”

Fluttershy makes an indescribable noise.

“What?” Rainbow asks, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. “I thought that we were talking purely objectively. I mean. You think I'm sexy and you're straight so I figured you'd be okay with me being honest about that... was I wrong?”

“Uh...” Fluttershy’s cheeks burn her. “N, no. Not wrong. About the being honest part. Or the sexy part. Or the being okay part... but...”

“...oh.”

“I'm sorry.”

Rainbow cocks her head to the side. “So like. You think you're bi or something?”

Fluttershy shrugs. “I don't know. Maybe?”

Rainbow chuckles. “Why didn't you just lead with that?” She asks. “You know I'm probably the best person you can trust about this. You don't gotta beat around the bush and ask a bunch of weird questions about if I think you're hot.”

“I guess so... I'm sor-”

“No, stop. Apologizing is now illegal. Now instead, ask me the questions you wanna ask, and I swear that this will be a judgment free zone, in exchange for no more saying the s-word. Okay?”

Fluttershy nods, then looks away. “So... what makes them awesome?”

“What makes what awesome?”

Fluttershy just points to her chest.

“Oh. Oh! Um. Uh... oh man. They're uh... big. You know?”

She blinks. “They're not that big.”

“They're bigger than mine.”

Fluttershy sighs. “How do you know if you're gay or if you just appreciate the female form?”

“Oh boy this one. Okay. If you see a girl with nice boobs do you wanna compliment her on them or do you wanna squeeze them.”

“Rainbow!” She blushes. “I, I... uh... um. Both?

Rainbow cackles. “Okay yeah, that’s definitely not appreciation. Girl, you’re totally gay. Welcome to the club, we have cookies. And tacos.”

“...why tacos?”

Rainbow whispers in her ear.

“...oh.”

“Yeah. Now you know that. Anyway, uh. It doesn't matter much but do you just feel this way about girls or about guys too?”

Fluttershy shrugs. “I've never really seen a guy that I... want to be with. So I don't know. All I know is that there’s a girl that I wanna be with.”

“Ooh la la, do I know her?”

A single bead of sweat drips down Fluttershy’s forehead. “...kind of.”

“Nice! Okay so when we go back to school on Monday, you gotta ask her on a date. And don't worry, if you need help, I can help. Oh, here's an important part. Do you know for sure if she likes girls?”

“I... think so.”

“Alright, cool... it’s Spitfire, isn’t it.”

Fluttershy blinks. “...who?”

“Oh.” Rainbow scratches her head. “I don't know too many more open lesbians. She goes to CHS?”

“Yes.”

Rainbow leans back in thought. “Describe her to me.”

Fluttershy is silent for a minute. “Why do you have to make me say it?”

“Say what?” Rainbow asks as she turns her head. Fluttershy is crying. “Oh shit, what's wrong, am I asking too many personal questions? I told you earlier I'd say the wrong thing and mess it up-”

She is interrupted by Fluttershy’s lips for a brief moment before she tears away and faces the opposite wall.

“Sorry! I'll just go home now-”

Rainbow puts a hand on her friend’s shoulder, holding her in place.

“You like me?” She asks, incredulous.

Fluttershy only nods.

“So that's why you asked all those questions... ok you know what, I have an idea. I'm not mad or upset or offended or violated or any of that, okay? In fact, that was barely long enough to count as a kiss. But if you want to kiss me, if it helps you figure stuff out, I don't mind. I'd actually enjoy it a lot.”

“...really?”

“Yeah. We’re friends, right? It won't make anything awkward, it’ll help you figure stuff out, it’ll be fun, and best of all, if things go a certain way then, who knows, maybe one day I could... get feelings for you too.”

Fluttershy turns, a hopeful expression in her eyes. “I... okay.” She then complies, and leans back. “I trust you.”

Rainbow leans over and presses her lips to her longtime friend’s. She is gentle, delicate, as if treating fine china. She lingers, enjoying this much more than she expected to. She keeps it chaste, wrestles her tongue under control. After an amount of time that felt like forever but was at the same time far too short, she pulls back.

“How was that?”

Fluttershy starts giggling uncontrollably. “G... great!”

Rainbow pumps a victorious fist in the air. “I still got it!”

Fluttershy leans up and sits on her knees. “Can... can we do that some more? If it's okay with you.”

“Sure,” she replies, matching the pose. “We’ve got all weekend to test it out if that's what it takes.”

Fluttershy tucks a strand of hair behind her ear before looking off to the side. “You know...” she murmurs. “If it's in the interests of testing it out, do you think maybe we could... do other stuff besides kissing?”

Rainbow winks before reaching over to turn off the light. “Yeah, I think maybe I can do that.”

Click!

/x/x/x/

Author's Note:

I was in the mood for some light fluffy Flutterdash and nothing in my library appealed to me so I figured ah screw it I'll write my own. As I said on the story cover, if people wanna see it I'd be more than happy to write an M rated sequel where they do some more sexual exploration but otherwise it's back to Cold for me. Next palate cleanse I'll do between chapters 3&4 of it will be any part of my main chronology. Speaking of, this fic is entirely standalone and has nothing to do with the rest of my Equestria Girls fics.

Comments ( 9 )

when I started to read this fic, this was not my fav ship in the fandom, heck, it was one of my least favs tbh... not that I hated it or anything (I only hate one ship), I was at most indifferent about it and used to be annoyed by it being so popular early on in the fandom... but anyways, this fic is so cute, to point I ended up liking it more, so I thank you for changing my mind about it :yay:

Ah, some good old fashioned flutterdash. Been awhile since I've read a good flutterdash story...and this one was pretty cute, I must admit. Other than that, I don't really have much to say so...have a thumbs up!👍 Now you likes have gone from 9 to 10 because of me.

Love the idea of making your own story because you couldn't find one. (I might have done something similar once upon a time) Very well done and fun to read.

10057804
:pinkiehappy: Welcome aboard the S.S FlutterDash!

She refocuses on the here and now, and looks at the game. The pretty girl with the swords and guns is zipping around the screen and beating up demons.

Ah yes, because nothing resolves sexual tension like Bayonetta. :rainbowlaugh:

Delightful bit of fluff. Thank you for it.

10057804
Aww I'm glad I changed your mind :3 but now you've got me curious about your nOTP. Btw your profile pic is SO CUUUUUTE<3 and I dig the pink white and blue ;)

10057888
thanks for the support my friend :)

10058024
There's a Toni Morrison quote that's like "if you can't find a story you want to read then write it yourself" and I live by that philosophy. And thanks!

10058279
Choo Choo Motherfu-

10058337
Oh good someone got the reference, have a muffin. And thank you, so have two muffins!

very sweet and lovely fic there is not enough EG flutterdash

and based on what rainbow said im betting this takes place pre first film

10058755
heh, thank you :twilightsmile:
as for my nOTP, it has always been FlutterMac, this ship has always rubbed me the wrong way, even before I started shipping with Mac or Fluttershy (this was back in mid-Season 1 days, and I was focusing on RariJack and PinkieDash back then)

I would like to see a sequel

Login or register to comment