• Published 31st Jan 2020
  • 2,304 Views, 21 Comments

GamerMare Rainbow Dash Transformation - Crescent_star

  • ...
8
 21
 2,304

Getting Good

Author's Note:

Any problems, grammar issues, ect is because I'm not very good at longform writing.. Was hastily written on twitter because I was bored and I like TF. I had to write more into this, originally it was 450 words. Any usernames used that people have in common with are purely coincidental.

It's a normal day on the equestrinet, boring and bland as you try once again to stream while enjoying your favorite games. One person lurking, people cycling through as you try to be as entertaining as you possibly can be. A little burnout sets in as you've been at this for a half an hour and you're unsure that the lurker even is there. Finally a user breaks the dead chat.


ErisNo1: Hey when did you change your hair color?


Strange.. you don't remember changing your hair. Looking at the cam fee it's the normal shade it's always been. You laugh it off and play it up as a joke. "Oh, that? I thought you were here for the stream last weekend. Yeah, I decided to do the color change as a celebration for affiliate." You say hesitantly being camera shy you laugh it off. Your memories seem to be misfiring a little. Did put some multicolored highlights in it? That was for last stream, right?

ErisNo1:Oh right, silly me. That night was pretty chaotic, wasn't it?

"Chaotic? Yeah I guess it was pretty crazy." You respond. Chat quiets down for a while and you become bored as you begin to zone out again. Your buddy Dusk is too busy doing a research paper. Jack is working on some equipment and none of your other friends are online. Streams are so much better with the six of you together.

Some time later you're starting to get on your A game. Your feeling more energetic, reflexes and response times are quicker then normal. Some people start come in now maybe 5 to 7. A couple people actually took notice and were complimenting you, something not many did before.

John884: Woah, nice save!
Random3r: Oh! Sweet, you've got some talent!
BroBurn: Hey your hair is kinda cute.
[User has been banned.]

The last one took you by surprise. Your eyes darted to the chat on occasion as you began wondering why people were so active seemingly out of nowhere now. You knew you weren't as good as they say even if you were feeling more confident. Also your hair? It was a trashy joke that you did a while back. Yeah you make sure each color of the rainbow showed, but otherwise you let it go wherever.

Your game hit a small slump when you finally met your match. Some loser who kept focusing you down and destroying you every time you started to do ok. In a small rage you threw your headset on the desk. Your ears seemed more perky now, like a new weight was lifted off of them and they can finally stand upright at the top of your head.

After a small breather you put your headset back on.. It was strange that it didn't fit proper, the muffs weren't settling on you proper or something. It took a moment of adjustment as the headset didn't work with your more equine ears. "Stupid value brand headset, it's not even the best quality." You mutter under your breath.

Strangely enough you do hear better now through it. Taking a few moment to get into the groove something is off with your hands, they seem a little different. More bulky and you swear you saw a fifth digit, but still retaining their feminine form. After a bit of readjusting to a keyboard that wasn't meant for your fingers you start getting better. Faster at hitting the right buttons as the muscle memory returns.

Random3r: I leave for a minute who is this new hottie?
User8833: i dunno but shes pretty good
RoboBrit: are those ears real?

Your body feels off a bit, something seems to tug at your chest a quick adjustment of your shirt helps a little as you tug at the collar, pulling it down a little. Giving a small adjustment here and there on your seat or monitor as it seems to constantly get higher or tilt the wrong way. Gotta look good for the cam sitting on it. Sometimes making sure your favorite Bolt's paraphernalia is showing or our favorite guitar just off to the side for easy access if you want to show your epic riffs when not playing.

You don't really bother noticing any personal differences as tunnel vision got you completely. You feel more cocky in the chatroom, talking about your awesomeness in the game compared to other players. Every so often getting a bit of nervousness before pulling off an epic move. Sometimes it doesn't work, but you play it off with a nervous chuckle and simple 'I meant to do that' quips.

A couple dozen people watch as your shirt starts to show off a little more then it should normally. Your top slims down a bit, becoming more form fitting while a small chill washes over you. Being winter you groan about the heat in your house being subpar. You reach for your favorite blue hoodie with yellow stripes to cover up and keep you a bit warmer. A reminder of your favorite streaming team that you practice every day to join.

As you play you start peppering in random quips you never did before. Shouting at your monitor with things like 'That's so uncool.' 'I-I let him win.' 'Heck yeah I'm awesome!' or something completely off beat like 'It was my muzzle getting in my vision.' Wait a second, was that light blue blur of a muzzle always there?

The thought is interrupted by a somewhat familiar sound. A subscriber? Wait.. two? Three? What is going on? Staring at the stream feed as a few of the new watchers subscribe and a cute blue pegasus dances for each one. You can't help but thank them all. Your voice seems a little raspy though, definitely more feminine. You grab for your drink to fix it. Feeling your thirst quenched your tomboyish voice seems to be more natural then a moment ago.

Bodies_Dropped27: did you actually paint your body blue?
BroBurn: I think shes messing with a hue editor..
Bathwater_seller: can you give make up tips
ErisNo1: Maybe she should comb that untamed mane.

Character? Cosplay? What? You stare back at your cam feed again, confused. You see the same cyan fur, same rainbow hair.. Even your favorite wonderbolt's team outfit you remember putting on earlier. You give a quick adjustment to your seat as you get into a more comfortable position, resting your tail on your lap. Stallions do like it when you show it off physically as well as gameplay wise.

Your mane starts to get in the way by now, chat is doing its normal thing with haters, lovers, and creepers. You pull your mane back into a ponytail to help keep it in check, making sure each of your rainbow colors show off. Yeah it's a bit sporty for for a mare who does streaming and gaming, but it's still cute in its own right. At least that's what all your followers keep saying, you're too cool for something like the word 'girly'.

Oblivious to more then your stream and entranced by just getting good you continue to ignore chat, ignore anything but your main monitor. Your shoes are the next thing to break the concentration from the game. Groaning a bit you pull them off letting your hooves poof out from their constraints. You didn't know why you were wearing stuff like that anyways. Those kinds of tight shoes are more for your friend Rarity.

DaemanLord1999: look at them legs
SensualGuy2005: shes just using her looks to get subs
Daddys_Girl69: h8er
phyreflare: rainbow dash got skills that you dont

"Heck yeah I'm awesome! Look at that high score!" You confidently yell out to your audience. The feel of a crowd cheering you on brings out something you never thought you had inside. You can do anything in front of them all, they just need to see how awesome you are at the game.

You need a break, a quick ad on your stream as several people start asking more personal questions. Tips on cosplaying, life questions, even a couple asking to date or if you're single. Sometimes it gets draining on a mare like you to deal with these people, but you enjoy doing what you're doing. Showing off to crowds of hundreds like this is too much fun.

You stretch your slender, blue wings out along your arms then let them drape down a bit, each one flopping over the armrests of your wonderbolts themed gamer chair. A couple fingers idly preen through some of your feathers, gotta make sure they're nice and straight for the cam. Wouldn't want to look too horrible.

The screen turns back to normal now, a soft fade in as a wonderbolts logo flashes across to show a new layout of your stream. No longer was your webcam the background object, now it dominated the screen. Focusing more on your body then the game you were playing itself. Everypony seems more interested in watching you instead of the game.

With a perk in your voice and your wings extending out for a show you happily let out an excited

"Welcome back to DashieGames best gaming stream in all of Equestria! Ready to see how totally awesome I really am?! Each sub gets us 20% cooler!"

ErisNo1: Man you've changed.. unfollow.
PandaPan: get out loser
Daddys_girl: he cant appreciate true blue beauty
GeneralBrony: Can't wait to see you at the next con!

Comments ( 21 )

Why does this have an EqG tag?

10062189
I had no clue what to tag.. It was originally rejected for not being close enough with the regular mlp tag. So since eqg pretends its anthro I did as a safety measure for the finalized version.

Congrats on getting it through :)

Haha... I get it.

10062264
Thank you~ I'm amazed I actually put this much effort into what was originally just a shitpost on twitter.

10062292
Get what? *Confused horse noises.*

10062319
Twitter, Eris01, and the like. It's something I said aloud. Means I got into the story. Aside from some grammatical issues (translated from Twiggler, so it makes sense that there are typos like that). Nice work. Hope to see more of your creations.

10062501
Yeah I should have reread the already written parts admittedly. It started out as a joke to see if I could and snowballed to me putting more effort into this then I should have. I made the joke a while ago that I would need an editor to write the story for me because I'm not good at this.

Also Eris is a pretty chill watcher.

John884: Woah, nice save!
Random3r: Oh! Sweet, you've got some talent!
BroBurn: Hey your hair is kinda cute.
[User has been banned.]

Reference to Halo
N0t a w0rd.:ajbemused:
Reference to Braeburn.
Obviously a bit of a jerk.

Not as bad as one might think (Occasional grammar errors aside).

10062801
Thank you. Self doubt is honestly killer.

This is pretty good! I love reality alteration/mental change stuff like this. I'd love to see more!

10064157
Aw man.. You guys are really pressuring me to do more. Thank you for the compliment~

I just need to find a muse for my next couple thoughts. *Is literally trying to write now.*

10064165
Hey, no pressure! do what makes you happy! though sometimes a good artist just needs a little encouragement to break through the self doubt :)

Just feel like pointing out that any article using statistics that suggest girls and women make up 40% or more of the total videogame playing demographic is wrong, and is trying to mislead readers.
Those statistics conflate mobile games with console and PC games, which are two entirely different groups with very little overlap. Most puzzle and FarmVille-type games have a majority female player population, yes, but when it comes to FPS, RTS, genres like that? Males make up more than 90% of the population there.

This, of course, means that there's even fewer women capable of making it into eSports leagues, so any team that wants to appeal to "diversity" and "equality of outcome" (which is entirely bullshit compared to the superior "equality of opportunity", but not gonna get into that now) has no choice but to accept almost any female player, regardless of whether she's actually capable of meeting the gaming skill the male players have.

Gaming "journalism" websites - and feminists - need to realise women just aren't interested in the same things as men, generally speaking, so expecting an equal (or greater) number of women in what is undeniably a male-dominated space is just asking to be disappointed, and trying to force women into those spaces is inherently sexist for both sexes. It's misogynic because why the hell are you forcing women into positions and hobbies they generally do not want to be in, and it's misandristic because why the hell are you trying to take away our spaces and hobbies?

tl;dr - gamer girls are quite rare for justifiable and understandable reasons. Statistics that say otherwise are biased. And it's 11:45pm here, so I should be sleeping.

10064552
What even are you on about? The fic isn't a soapbox about journos, women in gaming, or anything political. I was just adapting this into a fantasy about turning into rainbow dash. I don't care for the stupid crap associated with it and just wanted to make an alternate universe to tie it all in.

Either way Dash is too awesome to be rejected from being mlg pro.

Vik

This was pretty good.

10069094
Hrm.. Might be bias cause friend.

10064552
A good point... but not really relevant to this fic.

Like, I agree with you, but it's not all that relevant.

I would love more fics of this type, like Second person mtf stuff. Great job.

10064624
Agreed
If rainbow was real even as a pony she'd be accepted

Login or register to comment