• Published 27th Jan 2020
  • 4,182 Views, 62 Comments

Will Relations Die? - SamSwordsman123



Twilight is angry with Celestia for making her an alicorn after she finds out she will live longer.

  • ...
20
 62
 4,182

Friendship Reborn

Long as We’re Still Here Together

Twilight returned to Canterlot after sending Luster to Ponyville and spending the night in her old castle with her friends. All of them had aged considerably, but she hadn’t. She was an alicorn… and alicorns were either immortal or lived for thousands of years. One day, she would be forced to watch all of her loved one pass on. The tragedy that came with having a horn and wings… unless she found a way to make them live longer… or perhaps revert back to a unicorn. Which she was seriously considering.

She lay in front of the very tree where she had started her journey long ago. That day that she had read the book on the two sisters and the elements of harmony. The day she had first gone to Ponyville and found her very best friends. They’d made her the princess and ruler she was today. But now she wondered if it was worth it.

She opened her book of memories that her friends had given her when she first moved back to Canterlot after her coronation as ruler of Equestria some years ago. She gazed at the pages which started at her arriving in Ponyville, her individual meetings with each of her friends.

They were fond memories, ones that Twilight would treasure till the end of her days and would enjoy looking back on. But she didn’t just want to be able to look back. She wanted to be with her friends… even if it was in death.

Between immortality and them, it was no contest to Twilight. True she could make new friends… but they would pass as well. And she did have others like Spike, Discord, and Flurry Heart. Cadence however was gone, she’d given her life to protect Flurry Heart along with Twilight’s brother Shining Armor. As for Celestia and Luna, Twilight wasn’t exactly on the best of terms with them at the moment, not after she had learned what Celestia had done.

Celestia had revealed to her that the long lifespan would allow her to live for thousands of years. She was practically immortal now!

“If I had known that this was going to happen I would never have agreed to becoming an alicorn!” Twilight snapped. “I’m the Princess of Friendship! You want me to be the Princess of losing friends?”

“Twilight, with such a long life you can always make new friends!” Celestia tried to reason with her former student.

“I don’t see the point of doing that they are just going to pass away as well!” Twilight said.

“You’ll always have me,” Celestia said.

“You? After what you’ve done, putting this curse on me?” Twilight asked.


“It doesn’t have to be all bad,” Celestia told her. “If you focus on what’s good in life you can bear it. Being royalty is filled with the most wonderful privileges, you have all the money you want, servants to care for your every need. You can watch your friend’s families grow.”

Twilight was having none of it.

“I don’t want it! I’d rather live one lifetime than watch the world without my friends!” Twilight raised a hoof. “I can’t believe it! You were grooming me to be your successor from the time you took me as a student. Ever since you sent me to Ponyville. You taught me the value of friendship, and now you want me to just let it go like it means nothing! You made me a princess and have had me take over your duties, when you know me better than anyone! You knew that I was prone to hysterical fits and nervous breakdowns!”

“But you’ve ruled well so far,” Celestia pointed out.


“Yes… so far. But what about when my friends die? I go insane and become a tyrant maybe, the new Nightmare Moon? Or maybe Terrible Twilight? Really, you couldn’t pick someone more qualified. You do have a sister you know!”

“Leave Luna out of this!” Celestia finally lost her patience.

“Oh, I’ll leave her out of this!” Twilight said. “In fact, I’m leaving you both out of my life!”

“Twilight!” Celestia called after her as she turned back on her former mentor. “Wait there’s…”

Her words were drowned out by the sound of Twilight slamming the door behind her.

A bit of regret filled Twilight at the words she had said to Celestia that. But now she knew the former princess had really crossed a line by making Twilight an alicorn. Death happened to all of them sooner or later. Twilight knew that, she’d known it all her life and had accepted the fact that one day it would come to her. Sure, it could tempt any creature to live forever. But the price of the pain was not worth it. Happy memories to look back on or not, being able to make new friends and cope or not. In the end she would be alone. Even if she made new friends it seemed pointless since she’d have to watch them all go.

“Twilight?” a voice asked.

The regal alicorn looked up and saw her younger brother. The Purple dragon with the green scales.

“Oh hey Spike,” Twilight said.

She might still have him. That was a slight comfort. Dragons lived for thousands of years, so she might not outlive all her friends.

“What you doing up here?”

“Just looking back on good times,” Twilight said.

She looked back at her book and turned to a page of the day when she had fought against Trixie Lulamoon in a magic duel. How Trixie had used age spells with the aid of an alicorn amulet that gave her greater magic power. Twilight had often considered using that on her friends to make them live longer, so that they could always be together… but would it have been right?

Would they choose to be immortal or long-lived like her? Would they want to be turned into foals? And by doing so, it would mean they would share her burden of watching everyone they cared about passing on. True, Twilight could have used age spells on others as well. She could have made their families last longer throughout her Alicorn life. But she was smart enough to know that that would have consequences.

It would have been a perfect world if there was no death at all. Especially given how there were ponies in relationships with dragons who would live much longer than their current mates. But this world was not meant to be perfect. If she were to somehow make every creature have long lifespans they would overpopulate. Food would eventually run out, the environment would be in bad shape.

As much as Twilight hated to admit it, death was a necessary part of the cycle. It made room for future generations of creatures.

But… at the least… Twilight could ask her friends if they would be willing to stay by her side. If they wanted to pass on, she would have to accept that. They were her council of friendship, her best friends, she wouldn’t force them to do anything they wouldn’t want. But she also had a duty to her people, to rule them for as long as she could.

Finally, Twilight closed the book with a sigh.

“Spike, send a letter to-

Suddenly the dragon belched out a scroll before Twilight could finish her request. He opened it and looked.

“It’s from Nurse Redheart in Ponyville!” he exclaimed.

“Nurse Redheart, I don’t have her linked on my spell to connect letter through you!” Twilight exclaimed. “It must have been sent by someone who was. What’s it say?”

Spike began reading.

“Dear Princess Twilight, your friendship council members are in the Ponyville hospital and are requesting you to come and visit them. We don’t know what’s wrong… and fear they might not have long.”

A shiver travelled down Twilight’s spine at this. She teleported both herself and Spike to Ponyville just like she had done only a couple days ago when sending Luster back there. They appeared in front of the Ponyville Hospital and dashed into the reception area. They saw Nurse Redheart there in the waiting room along with-

“Celestia! Luna!” Spike exclaimed.

The two former princesses looked over their shoulders and saw Twilight and Spike. Twilight wanted to give her former a mentor a glare, but her heart forbade it. She loved Celestia, and could not bring herself to hate the alicorn whose size she now matched.

“Twilight- I-

Twilight merely stuck her nose in the air and asked Nurse Redheart. “Where are my friends?”

Nurse Redheart lead her and Spike through the hospital hallways. Celestia and Luna followed them, Twilight kept her gaze ahead, not wanting to look at the former. She came into the large hospital room which was shared by her five best friends. They all lay on separate beds, grunting in pain with doctors tending to each of them separately.

“Girls whats wrong?” Twilight asked approaching them worriedly.

“Twilight… darling… oh thank goodness you and Spike are here!” Rarity groaned.

Spike approached Rarity’s bed with saddened eyes and took her hoof in his claws. “What’s happening to all of you?”

“I don’t know! I just started getting a massive headache this morning!” Rainbow Dash said. “Fluttershy did as well!”

“Yes… I did…” Fluttershy stated weakly. “Now I can barely move.”

“I have an awful set of dual pains in my back!” Rarity said. “Its like something is moving in there!”

“Pinkie and I have both back pains and headaches!”

“But…why?” Twilight stammered looking around at them. “Rarity getting back pains, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy having heachaches, Applejack and Pinkie Pie having both?”

A unicorn orderly brought his horn over Applejacks back.

“I can feel a lot of strange magic flowing in the areas that they say are hurting. Its building up rapidly. I fear there may not be anything we can do.”

“Please! There has to be something!” Twilight said.

She put her horn on Applejacks head and lit up her horn, she felt the magic inside her friends head. It felt familiar.

“This magic…” Twilight said. “It’s the same as from the elements of harmony!”

“But how… the elements are destroyed!” Spike wondered aloud.

“I don’t know!” Twilight said.

“Perhaps I can explain,” Celestia said.

Twilight slowly turned her head and gazed at the former ruler with a frown.

“Using the elements of harmony multiple times can have certain effects on the body. It can result in changes.”

“Then why am I not being affected by it?” Twilight asked. “I should be in pain as well shouldn’t I?”

“You are an alicorn,” Celestia stated. “So it affects you differently.”

“So its hurting my friends but not me? Why?”

“Well-

Celestia’s sentence was cut off as Rarity let out high pitched scream. All the others did so as well, though Rainbow Dash did her best to hold it in. They all glowed brightly, Twilight had to shield her eyes as beams of light flew from her friends and connected with each other in the air. There was a hiss and crackle, then suddenly all of Twilght’s friends were gone from their beds. The sheets where they had laid were scorched as though hit by lightning bolts.

Twilight put her hooves over her mouth in shock.

“No,” she said. “They’re gone.”

“No, Twilight. They’re still here,” Celestia said.

“In my heart?” Twilight guessed. “I don’t want them just there-“

“No Twilight, they’re-

“Shut up!” Twilight snapped as tears appeared in her eyes. “You knew that being exposed to the magic of the elements would have some effects! You knew this would happen didn’t you?”

Celestia didn’t deny it. Twilight turned and looked at her, her horn lighting up, ready to in her rage unleash a powerful spell on the one who had put this curse on her. Celestia’s mouth fell open as she took a step back. Twilight’s horn built up intensely with magic.

“Twilight, stop! What are you doing!” Luna asked, putting herself between her sister and her friend.

“Twilight no!” Spike said.

Twilight snarled as her heart won out seeing the distressed look on Luna and Spike’s faces as well as the fear on Nurse Redheart and the others. She could not bring herself to attack Celestia, despite all the anger she felt right now. Slowly, she withdrew the magic on her horn and bowed her head.

“Leave!” she shouted.

“Twilight please… listen,” Celestia said.

“No, you listen!” Twilight snapped. “I looked up to you more than any pony. You gave me knowledge and guided me since I was a filly. You taught me friendship… and now… you’ve killed my friends!”

“They are not dead,” Celestia said.

“W-what? But-“

“They are coming back,” Celestia said. “Come with me. I will show you.”

She reached out her hoof, giving Twilight a soft smile despite the fact that Twilight had moments ago been ready to destroy her. Reluctantly, Twilight took it.

Celestia lit up her horn and teleported herself and Twilight to a familiar area. It was the same place of light where she had gotten her own alicorn wings years ago. All her friends were there. But to Twilight’s surprise they were younger, looking the same as they had in their earlier years.

“Girls!” Twilight exclaimed. “Oh thank goodness, I thought you were all dead!”

“So did we!” Applejack said. “What is this place? Though we ended up in heaven?”

“Well, I could certainly live with a heaven as lovely as this!” Rarity said as she admired all the stars passing by.

“Yes, this is… um… lovely. But are we really alive?” Fluttershy asked.

“Do not fear, Fluttershy,” Celestia said. “This is the place where Twilight received her wings long ago.”

“Her wings?” Rainbow Dash repeated. “Wait! Don’t tell me-

Celestia smiled. “Twilight was the merely the first of you who would be destined to become alicorns. You have all been exposed to a lot of magic of the elements of harmony. Twilight was the element of magic so she was the first to ascend. It was quick for her, but I knew that one day all of you would become alicorns as well.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Twilight asked.

“I tried to,” Celestia explained. “But whenever I did you cut me off. You didn’t really think I would have made you an alicorn and forced you to watch those closest to you pass on?”

Twilight lowered her head. “I’m sorry… I was ready to exile you from Equestria.”

“You had every right to be angry at me,” Celestia said. “Immortality is a path of loneliness. Unless you have those you love by your side it is a terrible curse. It has been bearable for me at least because I have my own best friend… my sister. Those thousand years we spent apart were the hardest of my life. We were inseparable, just like you and your friends. The years since you’ve become ruler have proven that. Not everypony has friendships that last for so long. But I can see now that your friendships will last a long long time. Until the ends of your days.”

Celestia then walked up to face the Mane 6. She spread her wings which glowed. A bit of magic shot of their chests, just like it had for Twilight. They were surprised as the magic suddenly began spinning around them and lifted them up into the air. Then they exploded into a light form of their own cutie marks.

Feeling as though she moved at the speed of light, Twilight found herself back in Ponyville. The five large glowing Cutie Marks touched the ground. They were in front of the Castle of Friendship, Starlight, Sunburst and Trixie all outside, looking shocked. The light from the glowing Cutie Marks began to fade and the forms of the five ponies became visible.

“Is that… you guys?” Starlight asked. “I was just about to head over to the hospital when I heard the news!”
The changes were immediately obvious for Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie who now sported horns upon their heads. Rarity’s change wasn’t quite so visible apart from the younger appearance… as she had been a unicorn like Twilight. But once she spread her wings and glowed, it was obvious. They were all there, younger… and alicorns.

Starlight’s mouth fell open.

“You’re all… what… how?”

“It’s a long story,” Twilight said.

“And its gonna be an even longer story,” Celestia said. “But a happy one. Because you will have your friends by your side throughout it.”

Twilight smiled at her. But then looked at the others.

“But… are the rest of you okay with this?” she asked. “Pinkie Pie, you’ll watch your husband and child pass on!”

Pinkie sighed. “Yeah, thats gonna be sad . But I'll be able to watch the next fifty generations or more! It doesn’t have to be so bad! I can bear it, long as I have all my best friends!”

Rainbow Dash put a foreleg around Applejack. “Me and AJ are gonna be together a long time!”

“Ya got that right partner!” Applejack said as she nuzzled her wife. “Just like you said, long as we’re still here together… we’ll be flying happily! And we can all fly now!”

“Oh, I have such lovely wings!” Rarity said as she inspected them. “Though I think I may have liked the butterfly ones better… perhaps I can style them!”

“Well… I don’t have to worry about outliving Discord. Because he is a true immortal,” Fluttershy said.
“Yes… even we alicorns are not immortal. We merely live for thousands of years,” Celestia said.
“Well, we’ll be with all our loved ones again than someday,” Twilight said. “That’s a relief. I was thinking I might never Shining Armor and Cadence again.”
“Or Granny Smith and my parents,” Applejack said, looking up. “Guess you guys will have to wait a long time for me.”

“It doesn’t matter. We’ll see them again… it will just take us a longer time to get there. Um… how long exactly?” Twilight asked Celestia.

“I don’t know… a few thousand years at least. Even I don’t know how long Alicorns live.”
“Well… lets make sure to throw lots of parties! Things can probably get boring after a while. Nothing worse than being trapped in boredom right?”

Celestia nodded. “I know what I’m going to do now.”

“What’s that?” Twilight asked.

“Become an author,” Celestia said. “I’m going to write a story about all of you from when you moved to Ponyville Twilight. And I think I’ll end it when you send Luster back to Ponyville to make her own friends. I think I shall call the book… My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic.”

Twilight smiled.
*

Some years later Celestia sat with her book finished and opened it to read to a new generation of foals.

“Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land.”

Author's Note:

While I'm more of an accept death and reject immortality kind of guy, if I had a good number of my loved ones by my side I'd be okay with it. Otherwise its just a curse.

I felt it could be canon for Celestia to have written the book, since we hear her narrating it in the first episode's opening. If she is still alive (though she's not in my main story) it could be her telling the story of Twilight and her friends to future generations in a distant future.

In any case, I choose a happy ending rather than the (in my mind) despicable tragedy of Twilight outliving her friends. Its up to us... as Miller said they don't know long everyone lives including Twilight. They left it open for all of us. Made Twilight look older for those that wanted her to outlive her friends, and he also said they have been exposed to a lot of magic so who knows how its affected them? We all get our choices.

Comments ( 62 )

Ya know, it makes me think that the book with memories of Twilight and her friends was a coping mechanism Celestia made for Twilight. No offence

10054944
Maybe. But I dont really for coping when it comes to immortality. That's just a curse to get rid of in my mind.

10054957
Living for a long time has it's pros and cons right.

10054960
Yeah I guess. But I was raised on the philosophy it's a curse. I could probably take it but I would definitely choose not to.

10054965
I wouldn't take it but if i didn't have a choice in the matter it better give me regeneration and an off switch when I'm satisfied with life

Now here's a good ending for Twilight while still letting her keep the extended life span of an alicorn.

Though Pinkie was a tad too nonchalant over knowing her kids would die before her, even with her unpredictability.

Okay. I can see your other anti immortal Twilight stuff as more canon, in a way, than this. This... This isn't even Twilight in any way, shape, or form, anymore.

10054976
I'll see what I can do about that.

10055020
I dont disagree. She could never hate Celestia. But like you say in your bio. Show canon only matters if you let it

10054976
Sandwich and Lil Cheese are the eternal curve balls for giving Twilight's friends life extensions. Before the finale: "Twilight's friends becoming Alicorns? Sure I mean they're all worthy"

Afterwards: "Yeah but Pinkie's kid...."

It's a roadblock that's for sure.

I like this, really I do. Fits Celestia as a character. Of course she wouldn't want Twilight or Cadence to go through what she did. (Granted Cadence is dead in your story but I digress....)

10054960
Well, this is interesting. By human nature, immortality is a curse. In a short period of time immortality/long life is great and coping mechanisms work no to long. Because in a long period of time we became immune to this, like with medicaments. And believe or not but live so long demand a lot of self-distances for life. YOU cannot get any full attachment (impossible for most semi/sapiens beings), if you get in the end you will be hurt. And believe or not you get them.
The true question it's is: Can you die??? If the answer is yes, then you probably kill yourself and I tell you on some end you will do this.
In my opinion immortality, it's the worst fate you can gate in the long run. Christian purgatory has immortal souls trapped in a void. Yea long live in literary nothing less, I pass.
Well of course if you develop sociopath trials then you will be life long and happy. (how happy can be a sociopath)
In the long run, you are screwed.
This is just my way of thinking.

10055161
Yes indeed. It is a fate worse than death. You might like my story where she gives it up.

10055244
That's not canon you know.

10055253 I'm not commenting on the canonness of anything. The comic just points out that with experience comes perspective, so far as immortality goes.

10055268
Yeah. Well, I'm on the anti immortal perspective. I get that some people can think of it as good.

This was an interesting take on the subject of immortality and the consequences of living for a long time. I tend to lean into the side of 'Twilight will outlive all her friends' camp and have a lot of mixed feelings on the subject. Either way, this was a cool read and was glad to see her friends were going to be by her side for a while. Good show! :raritywink:

10055337
Kinda hard not to have mixed feelings on that possible future, but the show's over. Think whatever makes you happy. :D

Seriously can you guys not see that it is EVIL to want Twilight to outlive her friends?

Were you writing the story to work through your own feelings on the matter, or were you writing the story in order to advance an argument in allegorical format?

If the former, then fine, disabling the likes is fine.

But in the case of the latter, then you’re essentially saying that it’s wrong to disagree with you and showcase that disagreement in a material way.

For my part...losing friends and family would suck. You know what else sucks? People forgetting about them. Let’s be real, 99.99% of everyone who ever lived just isn’t worth remembering. Everyone remembers Napoleon Bonaparte. Who knows the name of his next-door neighbor growing up? No one. They’re completely forgotten, lost to all time. They didn’t matter, or at least history has decided that they didn’t matter enough to be remembered.

Living forever gives everyone you know a shot at a sort of immortality. They can be remembered. Sure, Applejack is a national hero who’ll be remembered for centuries. But who’ll remember Moondancer? Eight hundred years from now, who’ll remember Dusty Pages?

That’s just the first thing that comes to mind. Dying is bad. Being forgotten sucks even more.

10055505
I got a little angry about it. Will probably modify that to be less. I dont really get how this whole being remembered thing matters, but then I've never cared for fame.

I see immortality as nothing but a curse. Death is some that happens to all of us, I rid myself of my fear of dying long ago for the most part. How bad can death be if there is a heaven?

10055536

How bad can death be if there is a heaven?

That is a whole can of worms that I do not feel like opening.

10055536
I think the problem is, you're too biased to one side, and the stories are becoming less of stories, than an agenda to revive the anti immortal Twilight thing that died years ago.

Seriously, I think you're the only one to keep bringing this side of the living forever argument up.

10055546
Understandable I guess. We cant all be fearless.

10055556
...

So...I’m going to guess you’re some flavor of Christian? This isn’t stereotyping on my part, it’s just that with over two billion followers Christianity is the largest religion on Earth so it seems like the safest bet. I think it’s largest denomination, Catholicism, has about as many followers as the second-largest religion. Islam.

So, am I right? Christian?

10055556 You know, I was going to leave it at my comment. I was ready to move on with my day and let bygones be bygones. But then you had to ad hominem—and worse than that, directly attack his wishes to not start an argument with passive aggression.

If you're going to make your comment section into a place to argue religious philosophy, you better be prepared to back that up.

10055611
I appreciate the sentiment, but you don’t have to get involved if you’d rather not, certainly not on my account. This is all old hat for me.

10055536
How bad can death be if there's literally nothing? I'm not saying one's better, I'm just saying death seems to hold little to nothing worth fearing, whether there's a positive afterlife or not.

By the way, if you believe in an eternal heaven (that you can go to!) then you probably already believe we're immortal, just... right now, on earth, we're kind of in a larval stage or test drive or something.

And immortality in an eternal heaven is a good thing, isn't it? It's literally heaven. It'll never run out of things that make it good. Staying there forever sounds like a wonderful plan. It looks sort of like you might agree, but you do agree with that, right?

So wouldn't that mean immortality is made good or bad by its circumstances?

10055608
I am a bit Christian. Don't really see myself as belonging to any real religion. And I apologize if I was being passive aggressive. I can't say you are incorrect about the memories keeping others alive. But I wouldn't want to be remembered at the price of causing someone a never ending road of grief.
10055611
I apologize if I was being passive aggressive. Didn't mean for that honestly, I was merely saying that I fail to understand things from this memory perspective and voicing my opinion. Everyone keeps talking about that, its like its brainwashed everyone into seeing a tragedy as a good thing. I'm not trying to hurt anyone, all I want is to give those that don't want Twilight to outlive her friends an alternative. I've been through my share of pain in my 26 years, and honestly I don't want to continue it forever.
10055726
Perhaps. I guess that would be immortality. I'm not saying death is a good thing at all, but I believe its important to let go of your fear of it.

10055555
Perhaps I am. You know you don't have to read my stories if your on the opposite side. I'm just gonna ignore any Twilight outlives her friends fics from now on and not bother commenting. I have my headcanon, and I will continue to write its midquel. It was obvious in my eyes that Twilight's training Luster with that repeat of the beginning, and the writers said Twilight would not outlive her friends. Now they're leaving it up to us. You want the tragic ending you stick with that.

10055555
Okay. I've been doing some thinking and decided I'm gonna rewrite this without trying to be biased as you say. I know I pretty much attack all the values you pro immortal people have in this fic. And as much as I hate immortality I cant deny that you have fair points about memories and people you love will die regardless of whether you are immortal or not.

10055244
I just love the look on Celestia's face in the second panel, like "you ungrateful little twat. I was going to apologize for the whole Crystal Empire debachle, but buck you."


10055546
Personally I don't see why this is even a debate. As long as its relatively ethical, as long as I don't have to sacrifice virgins to the Sky born ones or have to vote AOC or something like that, I'm all for immortality.

The arguements against it are stupid. Case closed

10055161
Its dumb.

10055940

I am a bit Christian.

The reason why I asked is because you understand that the central idea of this story, that you live on while friends and family die and are never seen again, applies to you as well in the Christian belief. What are you going to do if you get to Heaven and no one you know is there because it turns out they were false believers? Well, probably not no one, but what is your reaction going to be if your grandma or uncle isn’t there? And never will be, because God does not grant second chances, there is no reincarnation system. You got one shot.

You can have faith and hope that they died good, believing Christians and so will be in Heaven, but you can’t know for sure and statistically speaking at least a few of the people you were hoping would be there, won’t be. And certainly there’s a huge number of people that you might like to meet in Heaven but aren’t there. Einstein, for example. Leonard Nimoy. Mahatma Ghandi. Freddie Mercury.

Just something to keep in mind when you consider how awful spending eternity without the people you knew is.

10056715
Yeah. You might be right. I cant deny that you guys who want immortality have good arguments. But I just see it as tragic for Twilight unless she has her friends by her side.

10056720
Way back when she first became an alicorn, this was written. You should read it too.

10056720

Question: What if Twilight outlives her friends BUT finds happiness while still having her extended life span?

For the record, this would fly in the face of your belief that immortality, or a life span in the thousands. But let's just say she can do it and still be happy. Will you be okay with that?

And where I stand on the "debate"? It's whatever Twilight would want. If she really couldn't take a life span in the thousands or even beyond that (that is, true immortality) then I wouldn't want that.

If she can handle it and be happy and doesn't mind the life span or even wants it, then I would be for it, no matter how I would feel about immortality. That's because, at that point, I still not wanting it would mean that it stopped being what Twilight wants and what I want for her.

10056843
If I knew for a fact she would be okay with it then yes. But the writers said she wouldn't outlive them years ago. Now they left it up to us. I've made my headcanon story where she gives it up as you know. I could probably cope with it myself, it's not like I could go through anything worse maybe unless I lose my child perhaps. But my beliefs are too hardcore. Maybe I need to loosen up, and get some more joy into my life. Last week I was enjoying myself a bit, and actually felt tempted to accept it given the chance.

10056728
Thanks. But it didnt change my mind. I'm a stubborn one.

Tuck Everlasting shows immortality is not a good thing too.

10057224
As a matter of fact that was one of the things that turned me against immortality early on.

A good story.

10057272
Nice. I thought it would be bad beforehand, but it still made me more confident about my choice. I actually finished it today. That was the sad story ending I posted that last post about needing a sad story for.

Will there be a sequel on this

10057917
I dont know. I had thought about making one but with this having nearly as many dislikes as likes I'm not sure. Well, I think I'm gonna take a little break from my little crusade against Twilight outliving her friends. Try and write maybe a wedding story for Starlight and Sunburst.

“Well… I don’t have to worry about outliving Discord. Because he is a true immortal,” Fluttershy said. “Yes… even we alicorns are not immortal. We merely live for thousands of years,” Celestia said. “Well, we’ll be with all our loved ones again than someday,” Twilight said. “That’s a relief. I was thinking I might never Shining Armor and Cadence again.” “Or Granny Smith and my parents,” Applejack said, looking up. “Guess you guys will have to wait a long time for me.”

A verb is missing between never and Shining.

I wanted to see how the rest experience their first days as alicorns.

nice work :twilightsmile:

10083449
Thank you. A lot of people on this site are pro immortal, but everyone I meet in person agrees it is a curse. Though in this case it's just longer life span.

Comment posted by SamSwordsman123 deleted Mar 20th, 2020
Login or register to comment