• Published 24th Jan 2020
  • 10,353 Views, 498 Comments

Mind Over Matter - Boopy Doopy



I got one wish. So what did my drugged mind come up with? To be a pony in Equestria.

  • ...
37
 498
 10,353

Notes And Other Things

Patient: Leo

Characteristics: Green eyes, medium blue coat, blue/black mane, five years old, parents Lucky Day and Blue Mist, guardians to be Thundertail and Herbal Essence

Report: Leo was admitted to North Star Hospital on April 2nd with a fetlock fracture, leg bites, a mild sickness, and severe itching after being found outdoors by Herbal Essence and Thundertail. He was quickly treated for external injuries, although possible abuse and psychological problems were noted by Doctor Night, who referred him to me.

Much of his first two days could be described as “hectic”. Several times he broke down and on multiple occasions self-harmed in an attempt to ground himself. He consistently appeared conflicted and extremely resistive to help. He also had extreme reactions to receiving medication, in particular pain medication, and to being near his mother, Blue Mist. He has admitted to taking the former, although he claims it’s of his own accord, and to being abused by his mother, although he refuses to go into detail. He consistently asserted that he "hates being a colt" and that he "hates his life". While he does seem troubled and upset by his situation, he displays frustration more than anything else. He was constantly tense, and his general mood could be described as anxious.

He was then transferred to East Baltimare Regional for the following three days, where he became much more relaxed. During this time, he could be described as apathetic, although slowly getting better with time. While disinterested in activities outside of magic use, including interacting with other doctors and nurses, he did occasionally try to engage with what others have planned for him. He still presents severe self confidence issues, and still seems to believe that things that befall him are his fault. While he sleeps, he commonly appears distressed, and has admitted to having bad dreams. He has also admitted to feeling older than he is, and occasionally presents himself as such, although refuses to discuss just how old he feels. Based on how he’s reacted to his situation, a good estimate appears to be around nine, although this could be a tad higher, with a reasonable maximum of about twelve. His magic field is still extremely weak, but seems to be strengthening with time and use. However, he’s likely to stay at least a bit behind his peers into adulthood.

Despite all of these things, he is bright and seems to have an above-average awareness for what goes on around him. He seems keenly aware of what's being discussed and what it means for him, and can easily discern when things might not be going the way he wants. He seems to have a high intellect, and despite his "homeschooling", we shouldn’t be surprised if he were to excel in public school.

Also, he has developed an extreme fondness for the couple who found him, in particular Herbal Essence, and has expressed an intense desire to live with them. Given his circumstances, this is likely the best course of action for him, despite Thundertail’s previous history. However, Thundertail has been warned that any action that could be perceived as negligent or careless will be cause for Leo’s removal.

In regards to Thundertail, he has been previously charged with public intoxication and disorderly conduct, however, he has agreed to go to one session of substance abuse counseling per month for the next year, as well as have visits by me to Leo in his home twice per week until otherwise determined.

While Leo hasn't directly stated much about his mother besides being hurt by her, sexual abuse appears almost certain based on Leo's reactions to her and his father's interview, which he described her "helping" Leo with his daily activities, as well as "calming him down" during the night.

In regards to Blue Mist and Lucky Day, Blue Mist has been officially charged with foal abuse. She has a trial scheduled within the month, with myself speaking on Leo's behalf. On Lucky Day, it is still to be determined if he’ll be allowed to visit Leo, as more information needs to be gathered.

Treatment: Leo needs a home where he can feel safe and gain confidence in himself, and despite pushing the limit, it does seem as though Herbal Essence and Thundertail can provide him such. As well, they will be made aware of how they can and cannot interact with him, and what the expectations are to have him stay with them. He will also need counseling, which will be administered by myself, as well as interaction with colts and fillies his age.

All in all, if these things can be achieved, Leo’s prognosis looks excellent, and he should be expected to develop into a bright and happy colt.

-Dr. Ivory Spark


Ivory Spark read through what she had written, and felt... awful. Awful because she didn't feel like she was being honest. She wasn't sure she wanted Leo staying with Thundertail. There was too much risk involved. She wasn't as concerned about how Leo might be influenced by the stallion as she was with how he would react if the stallion proved himself unfit to take care of him. If Leo had to be taken away from Herbal Essence because Thundertail couldn't control himself, she'd be back to square one in terms of dealing with the colt and trying to help him. She was lucky enough that hadn't happened twice already, and knew it wasn't a good thing to try and push luck this way. No, actually, it was flat out irresponsible of her to do so. She should refer his case to a judge in Canterlot and have him placed with a unicorn couple.

However, she wanted his case to remain her own. More than that, however, she wanted to keep him comfortable and around familiar faces. It was poor reasoning, dangerous reasoning. Sure, it might help him get better more quickly, but a small setback now, followed by slow, steady progress, was better than risking a future setback, when it would be harder to help him. Still, she couldn't stand to see the colt so upset. He’d already been through a lot, and didn’t want to add to that. However, she might inadvertently add to it if Thundertail screwed everything up.

She decided she was going to speak with Leo, and left her report to make her way to his room. He was with another nurse, once again practicing using magic, and was able to pick the chip up about half a foot now.

“That’s good work, Leo!” she said, putting a smile on her face for him. “Is it okay if I speak to you for a little while?” The colt quickly put on a concerned look, dropping the chip from his grasp.

“It’s nothing bad,” she assured him. “I promise. I just need to talk to you about Thundertail.”

“Okay…” Leo answered skeptically, unsure of where this was going.

She sighed. She didn’t want to have this conversation with him, but knew she would have to. “Leo,” she started again, “do you know what disorderly conduct means?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, well, he got in trouble because he wasn’t behaving himself in public, and-”

“I would tell you if he was going to hurt me,” Leo interrupted, getting ahead of her.

“I understand that, but the thing is that Thundertail has certain things he has to do now, and he has to do them exactly the way it's supposed to be done. If he messes even one thing up, I’ll have to take you away from him and Herbal Essence. I’m telling you this now because I need you to know that if that does happen, it’s not your fault, or anything that you did. Okay?”

The colt looked a bit concerned at that, but reluctantly answered, "Okay."