• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 804 Views, 2 Comments

The Origins (#1) - LightningStar626



After dusting out a few pieces of equipment in an old closet at Canterlot High school, Pinkie and Fluttershy discover a mysterious book that unlocked another portal by the statue to a THIRD world!

  • ...
 2
 804

Chapter 6: Ravaging Rally!

Chapter 6: Ravaging Rally!

~Devil's blimp was alot wider than the average kind. After enlarging the prototype, it laid at roughly about one hundred and ninety-four feet long and sixty-seven feet high. The minions lived inside of it as one big family. As they got up this morning, they were skeptical about being transferred to a new world. It didn't last long however when their master called in for morning's announcement. Now, they were on a big task like any other. Building the new castle in this new world, patrolling the grounds and exploring the world, and capturing students and others that might interfere. It was a lot of work to do. Luckily, Olliee was arranging the whole circuitry. Meanwhile, in the control room of the blimp, Devil, his son, Lairry, and the Dazzlings were tormenting poor Twilight. They had her thrown into a chair and fastened tightly to the back of it with rope. The girl struggled to break free, but to no avail. Devil stood towering over her. He stared at her with his dark blue piercing eyes menacingly as she choked on a gasp and tried to stay calm.~

"So, this girl is one of the Rainbooms, you say?" Devil asked, turning to the Dazzlings.

"Affirmative." Aria confirmed. "I can see with my own eyes."

"And you claim that this one is from Equestria? Right?"

"Right again." Aria confirmed. "But...I don't remember her ever wearing glasses."

"Yeah… Me neither." said Sonata. "Maybe we just forgot." she shrugged.

"No," said Adagio. "There is definitely something different about her, now that I'm looking. Look at her pendant around her neck."

~Everyone looked down and eyed the Twilight's geode as a small part of it sparkled in the sunlight.~

"We've never seen that before." Adagio admired. "Where did you get it?"

"I'm not telling you anything!" Twilight jabbed.

"Ah, come on, Twilight Sparkle, it's been a while since we last saw each other. Why not share what you and Sunset Shimmer and the others have been upto after all this time?"

"I've never seen you before in my life- I'm telling you- you've got the wrong Twilight Sparkle."

For once, Adagio believed her, but said nothing. "Got the wrong Twilight Sparkle?" Devil repeated. "HA! What the heck does that mean?! There can't be more than one person in the world!" he laughed. "Unless they are clones… Nah! Only I can do something like that! I already have!"

"Oh, is that why all of your minions look alike?" asked Sonata.

"Indeed," Devil answered. "They're clones. I hired one guy to be my assistant, but after that, I felt like I needed much MORE help to assist me in destroying Lightning and Kira. So, I built a cloning machine and cloned my assistant at least two hundred more times. Problem is, I have no idea who or where the original is." the doctor shrugged. "But it doesn't matter. I still got what I attended to do."

"Impressive." Twilight mumbled, kinda truthfully.

"Oh. Why, thank you, tech girl." Devil grinned, returning his gaze back at her. "'Surprising that you're finding interest in my work."

"I've always been a top student and interested in mathematics and science." said Twilight, "But, one thing I do not approve of is people like you who use technology and chemistry for evil benefits and experimentations!"

"Well, that's a shame." the doctor sighed. "Too bad too, because… Well, let's just say you're not gonna like what's going to happen next."

"W-why? What's going to happen next? What are you going to do to me?" Twilight asked nervously.

Devil gave her a wry smile. "I'm going to bring you to my lab in my castle, and find out what makes you tick. Then, we're gonna see how we can get those powers onto me."

"How do you plan on doing that exactly?"

"Well, my research requires fairly drastic methods…" said Devil. "...Dissection, is one of them." He stepped closer to Twilight, who had her eyes widened, and bent forward. "But don't worry, kid, I'll keep you alive for as much of it as I can."

~He let out his maniacal laugh again as Twilight twisted in discomfort. A shudder ran through her at the thought of being dissected alive, and it began to make her feel nauseous. She was really afraid now. She couldn't speak at all at that moment. Thankfully, her conversation with Devil was just about done, as the doctor turned to his son, Lairry, and gave a final order.~

"Put her with Secret and guard them with your life. If they ever leave your sight, you will be fed to the sharks then grounded for life! Do you understand?!"

"Yes, dad..." Lairry obeyed.

~Unfastening Twilight from the chair, the boy dragged her after him through the corridors and into the jail cells of the blimp, where she was bound with rope again. Then, with a cruel shove, Lairry bundled her into the darkness of a cell and slammed the door shut. It was pitch black inside the jail and Twilight had to grope around until she found a wall to rest against. She heard a faint groan in the cell next to her.~

"Are you alright, Twilight?"

~Twilight glanced up as she recognized the voice of Steven Secret. He sat sprawled next to the wall beside hers.~

"I'm fine," she whispered tentatively. "Where are you?"

"Over here," Steven croaked in reply, and she saw a few fingers appear in the right corner behind the bars. "They didn't even bother to tie me up."

Twilight let out a sad sigh. "I can't believe this is happening."

"You cannot have given up hope already," Steven whispered. "I'm certain your courageous and clever friends will come for us. After all, you're superheroes, right?"

"I wouldn't really call my friends and I 'superheroes'," said Twilight. "I mean, we kinda are, but technically, we're more magical."

"Oh. I see. Well, whatever you are, I'm sure you and your friends will come around. You're a special lot, I can tell."

"Thanks, I guess."

"You're welcome."

~Twilight didn't know what to say next. She had never known Steven before and she didn't know how to respond. So she said nothing and just sat there in the darkness, clasping her ropes. She realised there was little else she could do, for she was a prisoner as was Steven himself.~

"It already seems like we've been here forever," said Steven at length.

"We must find a way of escaping," Twilight answered before struggling. "If only I can touch my geode…"

Steven gave a short groan. "It's not as easy as you think," he replied. "Minions lavish most of their time around these walls. They're everywhere."

"We'll think of something," said Twilight. "We must. We really must…"


"Alright! One Rainboom down!" Devil cheered. "You did good, Dazzlings. Did real good."

"Thank you, sir." Adagio answered.

"Unfortunately," he went on, "We never found the other six. My minions searched the whole school, but found no one. Why is that?"

"I don't know!" Sonata shrugged. "Maybe the principal was telling the truth."

"Yes. Maybe they are wandering in the outskirts, trying to find us." Adagio said. "We haven't seen them yet." she then lied.

"Well, if that's the case, we need to find them first!" Devil determined. "I won't rest until I have all seven in my clutches. Too bad I can't get the magic from the one we have just yet, since the lab isn't complete. I better tell the minions to get to work on that. Once it is done, I'll begin experimentation."

"Even with one of the Rainbooms' magic, you will be powerful, believe me." Adagio sneered.

"I can't wait."

Suddenly, Olliee entered through the door. "Dad?" he called. "The minions are ready to rally. Have you got your speech?"

"Yes, son. I'll be there in a minute." he flashed a look to the Dazzlings. "Stay here and watch the blimp. Try to think of something as well to find the other girls." he ordered.

~He left the room rashly, and Olliee followed. Then, at once, when everyone was busy or far away to notice, the Dazzlings dropped their act.~

"Ugh! I can't get enough of that guy. How long do we have to keep this act up for?" Aria said to Adagio.

"Until we have what we want," Adagio replied back. "We still have to find a way to get you two your powers back before we double-cross this idiot of a mad doctor and take revenge on the Rainbooms ourselves and their magic."

"I still can't believe that magic meteor only gave your powers back instead of all three of us. Even something new."

"There was only enough for one, so I took it."

"So, what are we going to do?" Sonata wanted to know. "Why didn't we get the Rainbooms right when they were in front of us?"

Adagio grinned. "Because I have a plan. First, we are going to make the minions do our bidding."

"How do we do that?" Sonata wanted to know.

"By feeding...on their negative energy."

"But we can't do that anymore." Sonata said, addressing herself and Aria.

"But I can!" yelled Adagio.

~She eyed the minions that were working nearby closely. One of them dropped a stout bar piece on another one's foot and watched as he yelled in pain, growled then tackled his clone to the ground before they began to wrestle with each other. The others around them encouraged it. They were uncaring, unkind and untrustworthy. Exactly what Adagio loves in a person, or pony if she was back where she came from.~

"Look at them," she said. "We don't need to make them argue in order to obtain it. Their souls are already filled with ugliness and darkness that is ours right for the taking."

"You're right, but what should we make them do so it doesn't seem to suspicious for Devil or even his sons to notice?" asked Aria.

"I have a plan for that, and you two are going to be a part of it." Adagio smiled.

"Us? How?"

The leading Dazzling didn't answer. Instead, she put herself into action. "Oh, minions!~" she sang.

The minions turned to her with angry eyes. "What?" They all chorused.

~Totally confused and annoyed, they watched in silence as Adagio advanced on them and began to sing in her harmonious, old-fashioned voice. For the minions, there was a blinding flash of light, then, when they opened their eyes again, all they saw was a hypnotising green glow coming from their pupils. The singing continued to sound in their visible ears too, despite that Adagio had stopped seconds ago. Their faces turned shallow and no movement or expression drew from them. It worked. Adagio glanced to where her sisters stood behind her, and sneered happily before devising her evil plan.~


~Crowds of minions swarmed the whole base in the main room. Above them was Olliee, and a lectern with a microphone on top.~

"Fall in, minions!" Olliee shouted in it, his voice echoed the whole room.

~They took up the order and stood in lines. From their point, they gazed up, and saw their powerful master Devil approach the stand. His dark face surveyed everyone before him, strong and alert. The minions cheered at his presence. Twilight could just about see their shadowy shapes through the bars of her cell, and felt the unwanted tinge of fear as she looked, but Steven ignored it. Once the commotion had ceased, Olliee began to speak proud again.~

"Let's hear your rallying cries!"

"Our bodies may be punched, but our will cannot be crushed! We will forge ahead! Woe to those you dare challenge us! Our weapons are strong, but our spirit is stronger!" The minions ranted altogether.

"Who's the greatest?!"

"Master Devil!"

"Who's the strongest?!"

"Master Devil, Master Devil, Master Devil, Master Devil…!"

"Thank you, thank you, my loyal minions." Devil laughed. He cleared his throat. "Now that we have powerful reinforcements, there's no stopping us! Soon, it'll be the end of Lightning Star and her pathetic little gang, and the beginning of a new era!" The minions roared at his approval. "We'll do whatever it takes to grind them to dust, and seize their magic! Then I'll cram this kingdom full of you, and take control!"

~The minions screamed almost in unison, and began to chant his name over and over again. Then, after the well-encouraging speech, the minions got back to work, preparing weapons, waiting for the making of the castle, and exiting the blimp by going to the drop off point, and escaping in miniature mini planes with four-way propellers on each corner of the roof. Twilight watched them with a heavy heart before two of them stood guard around her prison and shut out the door with a thick blind, darkening the darkness of the cell. Twilight shook.~

"Please hurry, girls," she thought. "Whatever you do, please hurry!"


~The road to the mountain/castle was a three hours walk, but Lightning intended to do it in at least two. She and her companions were just coming up to the largest hill where the trees were lessening within every step they took. Soon enough when they reached the top, there were only grasslands. Grasslands all the way. It was quite a happy sight to see for Lightning and the others. Pretty hard to believe that it was the way to an evil villain's castle. Despite this, Lightning kept her wits about her. They left the road not long ago as they looked up and could see the outline of the castle. It was a very, very long way off still, and the blimp had only a few minutes left until they reached it. They had to move fast.~

"Come on, ladies, we need to catch up to Devil's blimp!" Lightning called.

"I'm going as fast as I can…" panted Karly. "Of course, it doesn't help when you're going so fast! I can't keep up!"

"Ah, come on, guys! We've only got ten kilometres to go!" said Rainbow, jogging on the spot.

Sunset Shimmer gave a heavy-needed sigh. "I think…we need a break…"

~She panted out what little energy she had left and nearly fell to the floor out of exhaustion, if Applejack had not caught her at the last second. The cowgirl held her still until she regained her breath back. Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie were also panting fiercely, none could breathe any oxygen until they had stopped running. Lightning, seeing that the pressure was getting to the girls, reluctantly nodded and decided that they would rest for a few minutes and work out what to do in the meantime. By the pale light of the sun, they slowed to a walk along the grassy embankment looking for a suitable spot. Finally, finding a flower bed that looked comfortable, they settled down on top of it. Pinkie Pie began to frolic in it like a dog.~

"So, where have we ended up?" asked Karly.

"According to the map here on my phone, we're in Cannon Plains," said Rarity.

"Ooh! This is the home of the rare heptagram nose mole!" exclaimed Fluttershy.

Lightning raised an eyebrow. "The hepta-what mole?"

"The heptagram nose mole. It's a mole with a nose that's end is in the shape of a heptagram." Fluttershy explained. "I've always wanted to meet him."

"I see."

"Do you like animals then, Fluttershy?" asked Karly.

"Like them? I love them! From the largest of elephants to the tiniest, cuddlest little mouse!" she cooed.

"It's the number one thing you need to know about her," Rainbow smirked.

Karly raised her brows. "What about you?"

"Oh, I'm an athlete! And the captain of every sports team at our school! I could beat anyone at anything without fail!"

"And I can bake almost anything with anything without fail!" Pinkie Pie bustled in. "I adore baking yummy treats and work at the most funkiest, five starred diner in the city! You should check it out sometime! Once we're done with this, that is." The party girl began to laugh.

"What about you, Applejack?" Lightning asked, turning to the cowgirl.

"Who, me? Ah, nothin' too special, I'd say. I just run ma family's apple farm an' make sure everythin' goes smoothly. It's just over there." Applejack pointed to the other side of the city at a distant red barn surrounded by an orchard of apple trees.

"Huh."

"You always do make sure the city gets its best apples though, darling." added Rarity, and she gave the cowgirl a wink.

"What's your story, Rarity?" said Lightning.

"M-My story?" she stammered. "O-oh, hehehehe, w-well, I-I own a boutique in the city and work in another one in the mall. My hands are always full with orders and clothing, however. I suppose it's just one of the flaws of being a fashionista."

"Ohhh, you're a fashionista, huh? Well, no wonder. I really like your outfit!" Karly said.

"Oh, thank you, dear! I made it myself!" Rarity replied, flattered by the compliment.

Lightning smiled before turning her gaze over to a lost in thought Sunset, looking around her surroundings, not paying attention. "Hey, Sunset! Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself now?" the spy girl called, frightening Sunset out of her wits.

"Yes, what do you do for a living, and what do you like doing in your spare time? Where did you live and what did you used to do?" Karly added on.

~Sunset froze at the question and stared blankly. As awesome and trustworthy as Lightning and Karly seemed, she still did not feel ready to tell them yet to tell them the whole truth about themselves, the magic and Equestria. Her first instinct was to avoid the question, but she saw that all eyes were on her on all sides.~

"Well…"

~She halted abruptly in her sentence as she felt and heard the ground starting to shake. She grinned with relief at the interruption, but stopped when the rest of the girls began to panic, and wondered at the reason for the earth quaking. It was then that Fluttershy spotted a mole with a weird-shaped nose sprouting out from the nearby molehill. She went across and the mole perked himself up at her. He had a kindly face.~

Fluttershy gasped. "It's him! It's the heptagram nose mole!"

"Huh. What are the odds?" Lightning said.

~The mole greeted Fluttershy warmly and allowed her to scoop him up in her arms and hold him close to her chest.~

"Hello there," she cooed. "Oh, aren't you just the softest thing?" The mole responded with high-pitched squeals. Fluttershy listened. "What brings us here? Well, it's a lot to take in…"

"So, let's narrow it down!" Pinkie smiled, and she took in a deep breath to begin narrating again, but it was interrupted by a hand covering her mouth. That being Applejack's hand.

~Fluttershy explained to the mole about herself and her friends' situation, then kindly asked if he knew anything about a castle and the blimp that just passed above them not long ago. He chittered a sad no, but went on about something else. Of course, no one knew what he was saying, but they listened with great interest. Fluttershy smiled.~

"So, do you think you can help us?" she asked. The mole nodded and nuzzled her face. "Really? Oh! Thank goodness for that!" She turned to her friends. "Moley says that we should go with him over to that cliff. He knows a shortcut there that will take us to the mountains."

"Go with him?" Lightning said in disbelief. "Moles are blind, Fluttershy! Where do you think he will take us?"

"Shh! Don't be rude!" she scolded. "He's an excellent navigator, thanks to his nose. We'll be fine. "

"Well, that's great! Let's go then!" Rainbow prompted.

~With that, the mole led the Rainbooms, Lightning and Karly along a grassy slope, and he began to move as quick as his four paws could take him. The others hastened forwards happily to keep up with him. It wasn't until later that a thought suddenly came to Karly's mind and she slowed to a quick walk to think.~

"Lightning, did you find it a little bit odd that Fluttershy knew what exactly the mole was saying and communicated with it?" she whispered to her friend as they continued on behind the Rainbooms.

"Actually, yeah. What's that all about, I wonder..." Lightning replied.

"I don't know," said Karly. "But I'm curious." she suddenly felt a tingle. "Whoa! Did you feel that?"

"Yeah! I can feel something…coming from them…" said Lightning, and she stared at the Rainbooms in front of her. "...and…I can feel it too."

~Pinkie Pie skipped happily ahead of everyone while they walked. The air tingled with mysterious invisible power around them so much so that Lightning felt her ears twitch and Karly felt her hair tremble. Then the girls stopped, gazed ahead and spun around to face the others. Lightning politely jostled through them to see why they stopped. That's when she realised her toes were just over the lip of a rocky chasm from which few pebbles fell at diagonal cross once she touched the edge. Thankfully, there was a bridge right next to them leading to the other side.~

Lightning eyed the mole curiously. "Okay. I undoubt you."

"A bridge!" exclaimed Fluttershy. "It also leads down to a hidden road where we won't be seen! Oh, that's wonderful, Moley, thank you!"

"Hmm. How have they never noticed this?" asked Karly.

Lightning shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. But, hey, I'm not complaining. Let's just cross the bridge and make our way to the castle undetected. Hopefully, we'll be there in no time at all!" she encouraged.

~But just as she was about to put one foot over the gap and onto the first plank, something black and round began falling down from the sky rapidly. It got closer and closer while getting bigger and bigger. It was not until it landed onto the bridge, and smashed the bridge into a million pieces, when they realised it was a giant cannonball, launched freshly out of Devil's largest cannon, the largest he had on his blimp. The splintered wooden planks fell down into the misty abyss below, as Lightning looked on with shock and tried to get the thought out of her head that that could have been her. This also gave the rest of the girls a confounded look. Karly jumped out of her shoes the minute the cannonball crashed with a sickening sound. Fluttershy did the same but more softer and jumped into Pinkie Pie clumsily as she did.~


~Meanwhile, on the highest balcony point of the blimp travelling at eight miles per hour, an evil eye blinked in the glassy spectacle of a telescope. Devil gave an evil chuckle as he retracted the scope from his eye and turned to his lowly minion beside him.~

"Good work, minion!" he said. "The bridge link between the castle and Canterlot City has been demolished! I'd like to see them try to find and get to me and my castle now!"

"Thank you, sir. I am happy to see that," the minion said. "But, don't you see Agent Star and Crystal down from where we fired and hit?"

Devil stopped. "What?!" He peeked through the telescope again and saw Lightning, Karly and the six Rainbooms. "Impossible! They can't be there! They must be on the outskirts of the city! Those pathetic Dazzlings said they would! We need to scare them off. Time to put your pathetic aim to good use! Keep firing! We've got enough cannonballs to fire and scare them off back to the city where some of my minions will be waiting. If that doesn't work, send down 'The Triplets' too."