• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 800 Views, 2 Comments

The Origins (#1) - LightningStar626



After dusting out a few pieces of equipment in an old closet at Canterlot High school, Pinkie and Fluttershy discover a mysterious book that unlocked another portal by the statue to a THIRD world!

  • ...
 2
 800

Chapter 12: Welcome to the Theatre

Chapter 12: Welcome to the Theatre

~Despite Devil being exasperated and against what Adagio was doing, he was impressed with what she had done. Transforming the largest, emptiest room into an evil stage theatre was pretty inspiring, and it was better than what he expected. Once he entered, it felt like he was hit by a ray of beaming light. He liked art and drama, but music was out of the ordinary. Who knew that this would change his mind? The walls were covered up by a huge red curtain, and on the red carpeted floor quarter centre, two sets of round yellow lights surrounded by glowing red circles lined up on the floor following in a straight pattern going vertically and horizontally. It was leading him to the pathway of the nine rows, lined up with purple padded floor seats and entrances to the opera boxes above on the wall. The centre had a pretty open space too, so this helped with looking around. Devil could hear his minions whispering, laughing, and squeaking their seats excitedly. Turning off their phones, crunching popcorn, and slurping slushies too. It was madness. Wrappers were already beginning to litter the floor. But he took no notice of them, since they weren't 'his' minions anymore. The doctor just kept walking until he made it to the front where a red velvet rope barrier blocked him from the slabs of the stage that stood before him. They were made of a shiny birch wood complete with an embedded carpet of a purple musical note accompanied by a gamboge-coloured jewel in the centre. He could only see a part of it though, as the stage floor just barely went under his chin, and the barrier prevented him from getting any closer. He sneered at the carpet logo before envisioning his own logo there instead. Adagio Theatre will become the Devil Theatre once he was through with her. So, without further ado, he made to find a seat. It took Devil many attempts and wandering around to find one, preferably one that fitted his body or didn't try to dump him to the floor, but alas, no luck.~

The doctor let out an intense grumble. "There's NO seats left!"

~One more wander around proved that to be right. The minions occupied every single one from top to bottom, and there was no way the evil doctor could convince any one of them to give theirs up, he trained them too well to be ruthless. At that, he tried hard not to make a scene and instead storm back up to the front doors.~

"Man, not a seat in the house! Where do I lodge a complaint?!"

~Just then, two minions walked by. And not just any random minions, Devil recognised the nasty bumps they had on their faces, they were the two blockheads that he punched for delaying his laboratory and for not listening to him. He hated their guts, but had no choice but to complain at them. He grabbed them by the heads and pulled them towards him.~

"HEY! YOU TWO!" he yelled.

"Yeesss? What is it?" one asked.

"I have no seat!"

"Yes, take an open seat, please."

"That's just it- there are no open seats! Do something now!" Devil demanded, pulling on their shirt collars.

"Oh, dear guest, I feel for you, but there's nought I can do. They're all taken." the minion shrugged.

"Both of you, zip it! I AM MASTER DEVIL!"

"Is there a problem?"

~Devil and his two 'captives' turned to the sound of a third minion approaching. He looked at Devil dead in the eye, feeling that he recognized him, only for magical green dust inside his pupils to illuminate his vision again. He shook his head wildly before turning back to the matter.~

The first minion sighed in relief. "Oh, hey, Budds, phew… I am glad to see you. You see, this guy, right? He- "

"He just grabbed us out of nowhere and filed a complaint about having no seat!" the second one screamed. "And you know what else? He punched us twice just for asking him nicely to wait in the lobby for the show to start! If anything now, I should be filing a complaint for abuse and harassment!"

"Riiight...whoa… Umm...so the issue here is that this guest lacks a seat?" The third minion asked, still looking at Devil.

"I am not any sort of guest! I am Master Devil!" the doctor repeated, standing up firmly.

"Devil? OHHH, Master Devil! Of course!" The minion slapped his own head. "How stupid of me! I was just handed your name! Adagio has arranged for a special VIP treatment for you! Only for the finest, of course!"

Devil's face suddenly filled with curiosity, and it seemed all his anger just melted away. "Oh, really, VIP treatment?"

"Yep! So, my dear, Master Devil, allow me to guide you to your special VIP seat! BRING ON THE VIP, BOYS!"

~Two minutes later, a ruckus suddenly occurred from where Devil was standing. Like an earthquake indoors, it shook the theatre and everyone that was sitting comfortably in their seats. The three main minions then motioned the doctor to look down in the open area in the centre. He never ever seemed to notice that it was in the shape of a rectangle with a faint line dragged down across the middle upto the front of the stage. That was where it was shaking the most. Then, once he thought nothing interesting was going to happen, the line slowly split the rectangle into two smaller ones and opened up a hole underground where a larger-sized, throne-like seat slowly emerged upwards. It was very similar to Devil's current throne, but this time, was built properly and exactly how he dreamt it to be, with spikes on the back, oversized pillow armrests, and a cup holder. Devil held back his contented amazement.~

"Behold!"

"Bingo! Just perfect! That seat is pure Devil!"

~And just like that, the doctor bounced into the throne-like seat, and settled in. Loose upholstery strings on the armrests tickled his arms as he settled, and he was instantly offered refreshments. Now this is how he should be treated, he thought. But he should not let his ego get the better of him. Adagio was still his enemy that needed to be taken care of. Five minutes later, the yellow floor lights dimmed, and the walls changed. The minion on set made an announcement.~

"Laddies and Gentlemen, may I present to youuuu- The Adagio Shooooooooooooow!"

~The minions gazed up at the dome-shaped ceiling where twinkling lights sparkled from the top. It's like they found themselves in another amazing universe. All around, blinking lights and green smoke misted from the stage, and they had to crane their necks just to see. Only Devil remained settled, just before he heard a familiar female voice vocalising from the speakers. That was when he rose up from his seat. On the stage, a poofy-shaped shadow emerged from the smoke. There was glitter all over her shoulders, skirt and thighs. Swaying her hips to the sound of a deep instrument, like a bass, Adagio reached out both of her arms towards the crowd and shot a cunning smirk as she began to vocalise to its rhythm.~

~Song: Welcome to the Show- (Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks)~


~Meanwhile, The Triplets and their other siblings were just coming back through the caverns. They marched through a tunnel that led them just outside of the castle where everything was brightly lit by torches set on the outside walls. The seven girls gazed around in wonder. What an amazing but frightening castle! How did they build it so fast? Sunset hoped they were finally about to meet whoever was in charge. Then, she could confront him about everything he has done to them. Their captors brought them inside at last and instantly, they were brought into the empty but messy breweries when once the minions waited. The Devil children came to the front entrance of the theatre, but it was locked shut. Immediately, they tried to pry it open, constantly calling for their father. Meanwhile, the Rainbooms spoke in their still helium sounding voices.~

Pinkie Pie was still chanting tongue twisters. "She sells seashells by the seashore! HEHEHEHE! Okay, okay, now someone else say something funny!"

"I hear somebody singing." Rainbow squeaked.

"I don't get it." whispered Pinkie.

"No, I can hear it too!" 'Appleteeny' piped in.

~It was very difficult to hear due to the thickness of the glass jar blocking the outside sounds, but they could just about hear Adagio's vocalising echoing off the walls and in their brains. The six Rainbooms knew it too well. Old memories of the Battle of the Bands suddenly came flooding back. The Dazzlings had been the evil forces behind the tensions that rose between them and their fellow classmates during those times, over silly competition to decide who was the best band in all their school. Adagio had even tried to destroy their friendship, as the Mane 5 remembered that one time where they all got into a big fight that caused the Dazzlings to reach their limits and almost seize the world for themselves. They all huddled up together and tried to get rid of that thought of their heads. Only Lightning and Sunset remained standing as they looked towards the sound of the singing.~

"Who is that, Sunset? Who is singing in that, strangely, marvellous tone?" asked Lightning.

Sunset squeaked, unable to get her sentence out. "It's…it's…"

"What? Who?"

"...Adagio Dazzle!"

~Lightning was nonplussed. Despite hardly knowing anything about Adagio, she could tell from Sunset and the Mane 5's faces that this was not good news, and yet, here they were, about to face it, the ultimate challenge…! They braced from what's coming.~


~Karly Crystal left the underground caverns with a sense of fear. Yet, somehow, she stayed among herself and carefully skirted up to the surface, through the same tunnel the Triplets exited. When she finally came upon Devil's castle, she could hardly believe her eyes. She had seen it from a distance and guessed descriptions but never realised just how monstrous it was until now. She listened in awe to the melodic singing coming from the rooftops, then watched as the minions lumbered around the entrance, carrying crossbows, and guarding the front keenly. Some even climbed up the walls to get good vantage points. Despite being afraid of them, Karly was marvelled by their skills. Nonetheless, she needed to keep out of their sight, and get to where the singing was taking place (she just had the feeling). Skirting around the scene of activity, she spied through the rocks the way the walls shot up to the peaks. But what then caught her eye was the top of the one turret unguarded. She wondered if she could teleport up there. So, taking the risk, she threw herself behind one of the massive boulders, and vanished in a puff of magenta sparkles, then reappeared at the top. She had to act quickly though, as she just appeared a foot above the point of the turret in midair and onto the curved roof. As she fell, she held back a screech then grasped the point. She hung on for dear life. Thankfully, the minions never saw it and just kept watching below her. Karly had given very little thought to her own safety beyond keeping out of sight, but as she drew nearer to where the singing was, she couldn't turn back now. She determined that she would not lose her nerve. When she got her chance, she began to teleport to and fro from places.~


~Back inside the theatre, red waves above the air encircled the room. Adagio's singing grew stronger; her words were fierce and intense, her voice harmonising like the vibrating sound of a low bass.~

Adagio: Welcome to the show...!~

I'm here to let you know…~

My time is now…~

Your time is running out…~

~The speakers were booming so hard, the fuzzy bases almost popped out of their shells. This was the first time Devil was hearing it, and seeing it in action. He felt the Equestrian Magic as if it was inside of him, and he got this amazing feeling of power, and dominance. Yellow fire ignited in his dark eyes, and madness showed in the doctor's face. Then, to his shock, as he came back to the show, something hideous suddenly happened. Adagio evolved into a creature double the size of a man, with leathery wings, pony-like ears, and golden claws. Above her, appeared the large translucent projection of a siren. With a brilliantly light golden scaly skin and underbelly, it flapped its stylish amber-coloured fins and opened up its very clear glowing red eyes. The minions went wild and, as Adagio expected, it created tension between them. Cheers turned to shrieks, and Adagio begged for more. The green smoke brightened around her and evaded before being sucked into her red pendant.~

"Ahhh! I am feeling some great negative power from these pathetic minions' cheers!" Adagio boomed with joy. "Now, how about we get some more special power, shall we?"

~The siren girl motioned towards a minion that was lurking backstage. In his hand was a remote with a few switches, blinking lights and a big red button. He pressed it. At that very instant, there was a deep rumble, and sure enough, a small cage was lowered down from the ceiling above the stage. Locked inside was none other than Karly's uncle; the principal of the school from the other world, the United Kingdom; the boss that every minion knew and despised, Steven Secret. He grimaced at Adagio through the thick bars of his tight prison but said nothing. Devil rose up from his seat.~

"Mr. Secret?" he said.

~But that was not all. Someone else was then suddenly tossed onto the stage of the theatre, and in spite of her protests, the minions prodded her with their crossbows until she was standing right next to Adagio. Twilight looked up at her with wide eyes, but then stood back and glared under her brows.~

"I don't know what you're planning, Adagio, but you won't get away with it!" Twilight spoke bravely. "My friends will arrive here any minute, and together with Lightning Star and Karly Crystal, they'll beat you!"

"That's exactly what I'm hoping for, Twilight Sparkle."

~Just then, everything became clear inside Devil's head. While using him and his minions to do the dirty work for her, Adagio fed on their negative energy, and made herself stronger every minute. Then, once she was strong enough, she was going to take all the good magic for her own selfish greed, and crush everyone, especially him, and leave him in the dust of his own castle, leaving the world for her to rule at. It all made sense, from now and his vision; the moment he saw her transformation. After that, Devil knew he wouldn't get any sleep tonight. He was burning with fury. But eventually, his rage eased as he noticed his two minions behind the velvet curtain, trying to get his attention. More appeared on the other side. They had taken control of the panel behind the stage and were ready to strike back. Devil's mood changed. His anger had returned, but this time it was not an explosive rage, but a cold scheming fury. But before he could even attempt to stand and make a loud, profound speech, his VIP seat made an unexpected strange clicking noise along with a low vibration from underneath. It felt strangely good, as if he was being given a massage, until it all turned to a surprise, when the chair moved! Like a rollercoaster, the seat jolted and was quickly driven forwards. Devil screamed in exclamation. It travelled down the pathways of rows in a blur until suddenly it came to an amazingly abrupt halt once it got to the front. There, Devil was hurled straight out and over the barrier, onto the stage, where he faceplanted on the wood and slid across, burning his rough-skinned face and making him dizzy with confusion. Twilight stared down at him with unblinking eyes, while Adagio kept her shadowy smirk.~

"Ahh, Devil. So glad you've come and joined us too. Though you might need to work on your landing." she giggled. "I told you I'd help you rule the world. Now look how far I've come. Do you feel my power?"

He shook his head to get his vision focused again. Then, once it returned, he growled and gritted his teeth harder than ever at the siren. "YOU! ADAGIO!"

~His voice became like ice yet again and with a raging vengeance, Devil pushed Twilight to the ground and towered over Adagio with his chin just barely away from her forelocks. She smirked at him, undaunted.~

"Has my dark equestrian magic not impressed you yet, Devil? Crushing your puny minions was only the appetiser. Soon this world will fall at my knees along with all who dwell within. And you, too, will bow before me enterally! You are too late to stop me now!"

The doctor eyed his minions behind the stage and winked at them. Then, he let out an uncontrollable laugh. "GWA HA HA HA HA! Well, look at that! You really did have a little plan prepared. You done with this show then, 'cause it's my turn! I knew all along that you were planning something, Adagio! Which is why I've taken the ones you've brainwashed and replaced them with ones that are still loyal to me!"

~It was now Devil's turn to smirk in evil satisfaction, and Adagio was not expecting it. Without turning her head, she gazed back towards the backstage entrance, and even saw that ahead of her, behind Devil, that she was surrounded on the stage by his guards, and she knew that they were not under her control because their eyes were normal. Her eyes came back to Devil, her brows still low but stunned.~

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you. I can't wait to feed you to my iguana after I'm done here." Devil chuckled softly. "Hey, don't be too upset and surprised… I will say, I am impressed. But now, I've got no patience for people trying to invade my throne, I am DR. VINNY DEVIL, LEADER of this organisation and ME ALONE! I will strike you down, right here, right now and give these folks a REAL SHOW!"

~Adagio couldn't speak, because Devil had sprang right after he finished. Guess he wasn't as clueless as she thought. With his fist raised, the doctor pushed back with all his might and fired the first punch. Adagio dodged. Then, now knowing that it was useless to talk now, she fought back. Three red soundwaves fired from her hands in turn, and Devil dodged each of them by turning his body into a triple backflip. He was just as agile as his henchmen. However, what Devil didn't take into account was that Adagio now had power, and quite the heaps of it, despite it not being at full capacity. He had to switch to science. So, after the third backflip, he pulled out his go-to weapons blaster, and began firing hot green/blue glowing beams at the siren. Adagio had no time to avoid them, so instead, she countered the attacks with her own soundwaves. It functioned like a mirror, so when a few lasers came at her, she hit them, the waves exploded, and the lasers just came bouncing straight back at Devil. The doctor barely had space to dodge. He was trembling with emotion. But, he did not give up. Believing that he could get at least one hit in, he fired his weapon once more, this time the beam was a glowing deep red. Unfortunately, his opponent expectedly countered it with a soundwave. It bounced in the direction of the crowd. A mighty roar arose from the hundreds of throats in that crowd as the battle raged, like the thunder of a great waterfall, but, when they saw hot glowing red coming at them, they all hit the deck. Like a bullet, the laser raced down the hall in a blur, until it exploded on the door lock behind them, and, once the bolts clattered to the floor like a heap of heavy rusty metal, the door swung open and Devil's children bursted in. Nobody paid attention to them, however, and just kept watching the fight grow intensely. The siblings all pulled star-struck looks, wondering what was happening, while the Rainbooms and Lightning, watched fearfully as their two mortal enemies battled out against each other. Fluttershy grasped onto Rainbow Dash's jacket and she looked at her with big, anxious, tear-filled eyes. When Sunset Shimmer saw Adagio, her heart dropped.~

"Devil and Adagio…they're fighting!" shouted Lightning.

"But look!" Rarity squeaked. She was pointing at the waves emerging from Adagio's hands as she battled. "Adagio… she's…she's…"

"She's got her magic back!" Rainbow blurted out. "But how?!"

Sunset Shimmer's voice came out faint and shaky. "I…I don't know, but it seems to be more powerful than ever! If only I knew about it- then- then, we would have seen it coming and been prepared."

Lightning took no intimidation. "We don't need to be prepared. We have each other, and our powers, that's all we need. Two powerful evil forces fighting will lead to mass destruction! Now, we have to stop them! "

~With that, she began shaking the jar again. Frank held it tight, but seemingly not because of Lightning's attempt to escape. It was because he was too entranced by the sight of his father fighting with this magical beast that he nor his siblings have ever seen before. Besides Olliee and Lairry, this was the siblings' first time. Moments later, Devil screamed at the top of his voice.~

"I WONDER IF A SIREN CAN EVEN BLEED!"

~Twilight Sparkle tried to back away, but the continuous prods from the minions prevented her once again. All Steven Secret could do to avoid getting hit was rattle the bars of his cage and swing it from the chain back and forth. The only sounds everybody could now hear were the distant cries of the two villains. Finally, Adagio took herself up from the ground then plunged headlong into the very core of Devil's chest. At once, he was knocked right off his feet. The siren then grasped around his neck and lifted him up before he could move. Devil yelled in alarm, and then in pain, as he twisted this way and that, shrieking and snarling, unable to loosen the siren's grip. Only a few seconds, and the siren had overmastered him: with one fierce yellow claw around his throat and his hands gripping his lower limbs, she took one of Devil's arms in her other claw and twisted and pulled as if she intended to tear it off. Angrily, and with a cold furious force that was horrifying to see and even worse to feel.~

"Oh my god…" Lightning said.

"DAD!" his children screamed.

~Adagio looked down from where she hovered to see the siblings rushing up to the front stage, staring.~

"Don't! Stop hurting him!" Wendy sobbed in terror.

"Do as I tell you, then," the siren bellowed.

"Okay-okay! W-We will! Promise!" Frank cried.

~Sunset was shocked to see him like that. It seemed as if that tough, evil, cold-hearted boy had just vanished, and was replaced with a scared, weak one that feared for his father's safety. Nonetheless, the yellow siren stepped down as the children bowed before her, and she released Devil as if she was suddenly bored of him. He fell to the ground and coughed at the air.~

"Now," said Adagio. "What have you got there inside that jar?"

~Adagio swooped down to the rim of the stage to fetch it. Frank gave it to her unwillingly. With her eyes gleaming, she slowly brought the jar up to her face to reveal the girls inside. She chuckled to herself.~

"Hello.~ What's this?"

"Uh oh…" Pinkie said what they were all thinking.

One of the audience members cried out. "It's Agent Star!"

"And the Rainbooms!" cried another.

Twilight and Steven perked up. "Girls?"

Adagio grinned. "So it is. Ha ha! Sunset Shimmer… Ha! I never expected for you to show up like this. It's pathetic. But I am glad you could come to see my show in time. How thoughtful of you!" Lightning and Sunset both growled at the siren, but said nothing.

"I'm glad too," said Devil, breathlessly. He dragged himself up to his feet painfully and clutched his elbow. Then, using his one good hand, he snacthed the jar from Adagio's claws. "Finally, we meet as last, Rainbooms! Hmm... They do seem to be alot more smaller than I thought… Ehh, no matter! It's only the magic that I care about!"

"Give us back our friend Twilight, you jerk!" Rainbow squeaked, showing no fear.

"A-And Mr. Secret. We want him back too…!" Fluttershy meekly added.

The doctor gave out his ionic laugh. "BWA HA HA HA! You don't scare me, you little pipsqueaks! Thank you for saving me the trouble of hunting you down, although I could have still used the TIME to get ready! Whatever. I'll deal with you later. Take them to my lab, minions!"

Adagio leapt. "Hey! You are not getting away with my magic! It's mine!" she grasped on the jar.

"Oh, no you don't! They are MINE!"

~Like children fighting for a toy, the two villains suddenly began tugging the jar back and forth between each other. The girls bounced all over the place as they were being tossed left and right repeatedly. Applejack felt as if she was going to chunder everywhere. Finally, Devil had had enough. He flashed look towards two of his uncontrolled minions.~

"Grrr! Minions! Release the iguana!" At once, they went off. "And Frank! Gimme the enlarging ray!"

~The doctor stretched out one of his hands, and Frank wasted no time. Without question, though he was still confused, he reached down for the ray in his pocket then stretched out his arm as far as he could over the barrier. Devil grasped it greedily. He then aimed it straight at Adagio, with the barrel literally pointed on her nose. It tingled at the touch. But, just before he could squeeze the trigger, the door opened once again, this time, it was Devil's main sons, and Adagio's bumbling and uncaring sisters, Olliee, Lairry, Aria and Sonata. They were panting desperately.~

"Hey, what's going on?!" Olliee panted first.

"Olliee! Lairry! There you are! Quick, help me with this!" Devil turned his head back toward Adagio but she knocked the weapon out of his hand. "HEY!"

"NOOO!"

"UH OH!" the girls cried.

~Another swift movement from Adagio suddenly slipped and both villains dropped the jar containing the Rainbooms on the ground. They screamed in fear as their glassy prison shattered into a million pieces, and the shards spread out dangerously around them. They were free, but not quite out of danger. Firstly, they checked themselves then each other for any injuries, such as a shard pierced in their skin. When they found none, they quickly recovered from the fall they endured before looking up at the giants before them. They could only stare in horror until they heard a 'psst' behind their backs. With an anxious glance, they whirled around. There, hissing over the membrane that hung under its jaw, the saggy skin on its throat, and stocky stature, stood the most enormous iguana imaginable. It was a vast, heaving, glowing dull green hulk with a scaly body that stood, to them, about two hundred centimetres, along with comb-like spines that ran across its back and tail. The girls backed away from the beast, but their heels lipped over the stage's edge. They couldn't go anywhere else. Fluttershy and Rarity then screamed as the giant reptile rapidly snaked its large tail around their bodies, lifting them greatly over to where its face laid. It opened its mouth. The seven cried out and attempted to struggle free of its coil. Suddenly, they were let go, and they fell into the mouth of the scaly beast.~

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH….!"

~They screamed as they fell. Their voices grew quieter the deeper they descended down, then, all was still and silent. The iguana swallowed, and everyone watched as a ball in his mouth travelled down his throat and into his belly. He licked his lips, hinting that he enjoyed his meal. The whole crowd went silent.~

Steven's eyes grew wide. "AGENT STAR, NO!"

"GIRLS!" Twilight cried.

Adagio was furious. "NO! I needed those girls for their magic!"

Even Devil was livid. "NO! You stupid IGUANA! I didn't want you to EAT THEM!" he gripped his coat angrily. "ARRRGGGHHH! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! After all of THAT, I finally had their magic, it was in the palm of my hand! Now, it's gone. Down the freaking drain!"

"Or rather, down an iguana's throat." Aria stated.

"AAAARRRGGGHHH!"