• Published 22nd Jan 2020
  • 1,956 Views, 29 Comments

Time And Again - Jhoira



Minuette plans to tell Twilight her feelings, but with a twist.

  • ...
3
 29
 1,956

Everything You Can Do, Twilight Can Do Better

Minuette grinned to herself as she waited outside Twilight's door. Bouncing on her hooves she had a spell ready and waiting for her princess. She wasn't sure why she hadn't thought of this before. It was a way of having her cake and eating it too. At least as close as she could get. The princess wouldn't be interested in a normal mare like her anyway. Lost in her own thoughts it took her a moment to remember to knock.

Moments later, Twilight smiled as she opened the door. "Hello, Minuette."

Minuette raised a hoof and smiled. "Before we get started Twilight I need to ask you to not interrupt me, ok?"

Twilight raised an eyebrow but nodded. "Ok."

Minuette took a deep breath. "Twilight, I have a huge crush on you! I have since we were foals you were so cute and smart! But you spent most of your time with Moondancer then left! I was actually planning on telling you at her party but then you never came! And now you're a princess and everything so I lost my shot!" Twilight stared at the mare in front of her. "Well, that was a bit of a relief! Talk to you in a minute Twilight!" And before Twilight could react any further Minuette's horn flared with magic.


Minuette raised a hoof and smiled. "Before we get started Twilight I need to ask you to not interrupt me, ok?"

Twilight paused for a long moment, frowning but then nodded. "Ok."

Minuette was tempted to confess again, the first time had been quite the rush. But she decided against it. "Good! Interrupting ponies is rude!" She grinned passing by Twilight who took a moment to realize what had just happened. Shaking her head the alicorn followed Minuette.

"Very clever, Minuette." Hurrying slightly to catch up, Twilight clicked her tongue at her friend. "It's also rude to put someone on the spot like that."

Minuette paused for a moment then shook her head. "It's only a joke, Twilight!."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Uhuh, right. Well, I'm sure you'll find a funny joke later."

Minuette tilted her head and looked at her friend. "Huh?"

"I'm sure you'll laugh when you get the joke." Twilight gave a sly grin to Minuette.

Minuette wrinkled her muzzle in annoyance. If Twilight wanted to have her own fun, Minuette would too. She hadn't intended to lay it in so thick but turnabout is fair play. "I have had a huge crush on you for years now!" Twilight's eyes widened as she stopped in her tracks, staring after her friend. "That's what you get for keeping jokes to yourself!" Minuette's horn flashed brightly for a moment.


"I'm sure you'll laugh when you get the joke." Twilight gave a sly grin to Minuette.

Minuette snickered slightly and shook her head. "I'm sure I will, though too bad you seem to be missing some jokes."

Twilight giggled gently and nodded. "Probably, but I'm a lot more perceptive than you think, Minuette."

Minuette froze for a long second. Long enough to cause Twilight to stop and look back at her. Then Minuette grinned one her wide grins. "Oh, do you want more jokes then!?"

Twilight grimaced slightly. "What did I just get myself into?"

"Weeeelllll... We could use time magic to get like twelve of us and play tag!" Minuette snickered, even she had no intention to use her magic that recklessly. "But as a serious answer, we could practice making out!"

Twilight looked like she'd been physically pushed back a step. "Minuette!" The flash of Minuette's horn interrupted Twilight's response.


Twilight grimaced slightly. "What did I just get myself into?"

Minuette grimaced slightly. She really didn't have any plans for the day. This has seemed like a good idea but she was starting to make herself sad. Repeatedly confessing to your long-time crush and never getting to see the answer was actually very emotionally draining. "I don't know. Maybe you want to go to the library?"

At that Twilight raised an eyebrow. "I certainly do! But I don't think you do."

Minuette gave a small shrug. "You're right I really don't. But... I'm not feeling the best right now. Some quiet time would be nice."

Twilight nodded. "Seems like you have something you should talk about."

For a moment Minuette thought she might have seen a grin at the edges of Twilight's lips but it wasn't there a second later. "Heh, not really, which is part of the problem." As Twilight started to respond Minuette cut her off. "Really, Twilight. I'll tell you if I think it'll help, ok?" Twilight nodded and led the way to the library.


Minuette smiled as she walked with Twilight out of the castle. After she stopped playing her tricks and games and just spent time with her friends she felt so much better. Though she wouldn't say the first time wasn't fun and thrilling, she would now say the repeated times had just made her sad. "Thanks, Twilight! That was fun!"

Twilight smiled. "Yeah, you definitely perked up after the library."

Nodding, Minuette offered Twilight a hug and grinned. "Right you are, oh mighty princess."

Rolling her eyes good-naturedly Twilight smiled. "You should visit more often Minuette. I'd be happy to make more time in my schedule for somepony so special."

Minuette didn't think that Twilight meant it like that, but she still almost swooned at the words. "Yeah! I'll visit more often! See you next week then?"

Twilight nodded. "Excellent. Though do you want to know the joke?"

It took Minuette a moment to remember which joke Twilight was talking about. "Sure."

Twilight leaned forward and planted a swift kiss on Minuette's cheek. "After the stuff with Starlight, I cast a spell to make my memory persist through time travel. See you next week, Minuette."

Minuette stared at the door closing right in front of her and couldn't kick her brain into functioning properly. Then she shook her head and started to laugh.

Comments ( 29 )

10045620
Hehe, I'd hope so, I wasn't exactly hiding the buck. :D

Comment posted by shawny deleted Jan 22nd, 2020

So sweet.
l am rooting for you, twilight.

Saw it coming, and still wanted it to happen. Very sweet.

Adoooooorable and I suspected shenanigans of the sort with symmetry having been broken for no clear reason

10045764
Hehe! Yay!

10045825
^.^

10045866
Yeah. I wanted to avoid that but I just couldn't write Twilight accurately and have her be that smooth. She could recover quickly enough to put it together after a moment, but I don't think she could do it without any outward signs.

10045901
Understandable, and congrats on the FB!

"Anything you can do, Twi can do better.
Twi can do anything better than you."

Not sure if that was what the chapter title was going for but it's where my mind went.

10047483
No, she can't; yes, she can; no, she can't; yes, she can...

Surprisingly enjoyable. Cute things like these always get lost in the volume of crap that FiMfiction produces.

10179542
Surprisingly!? *Cries loudly!*

Hehe, thanks. ^.^

Time Travel magic is like Super Sayians in DBZ:

Used to be impressive, and now everypony can do it.

...ah, right, Minuette attended the "gifted unicorns'" school along with Twilight. Nevermind! Carry on!

(A pleasant read!)

10289225
Oh I hadn't seen this. Yay! ^.^

And I will always say Minuette has time magic! Always!

This is sooo short, yet it puts everything on the table it needs to. Sooo short, yet perfect! This is utterly underrated. And quite hilarious, too. I'm still grinning like mad... :twilightblush:
Thank you!

Okay, that was actually brilliant. That ending threw me for a loop. Imagine trying to mess with a pony who knows magic a lot better than you do.

Also, that was less time travel and more a time rewind...I'm not sure how your magic works in your canon, but that seems like a very powerful spell that could be horrendously abused. Or maybe I'm thinking too hard again. Who knows.

SLZ

Minuette is so adorable that this story made her even more adorable.

A nice, short and adorable story!

Cute n' simple. Reminds me of one of my favorite shoujo one-shots called Game Over by Mizutani Fuuka.

11010285
Yay for cute and short! (Never read that, but I guess I'm just so good I can call to thought things I don't know. *Sage nod.*)

That was awesome, and a great ending. :twilightsmile:

11035785
All of my stuff is awesome! You should read it all :D

this was cute.

very very cute :heart:

This is so cute!! <3

Super cute and I need more stories like that in my life! I especially enjoyed the ending with Twilight catching Minuette by surprise was really adorable!

such's a cute story

Login or register to comment