• ...
9
 20
 2,272

Travel Logs 6-10 + Bonus

Evening Storm's Travels #6

Well I have to say, my visit to Apple Acres Farm so far hasn’t been so… Problematic as my visit to the Carousel Boutique…

For one, I’m watching where AppleJack headed off to, so I’ll hopefully not be surprised when she comes back, and be forced to close this laptop before she see’s what I’m doing typing.

I’m also taking care not to think anything uh… Inappropriate while typing out this blog. (Even if I find AppleJack rather- AH! No! Damn this stupid Syncromagic system! Stop typing everything I think!)

Anyway, things are going rather well. For helping out Apple Bloom, I’m getting a rather nice discount on all the supplies I’m buying.

You know, just to go on a side note. It’s kinda funny how much I find myself liking apples now. I mean I liked them before I came to Equestria sure, but well… I dunno. They just seem to… Taste better? It’s hard to explain. Being a pony, I’ve found a lot of things I didn’t like before, I love now. Like tomatoes. I couldn’t stand them in my old body, but somehow this body finds them rather nice. Do new bodies come with new taste buds?

I STILL hate cauliflower though. Go figure…

Anyway I’m off topic. The farm. I’m sure you probably guessed this but this place is HUGE. I mean seriously, it’s nothing but apple trees EVERYWHERE.

Can you just imagine when AppleJack tried to buck all these herself?! It’s INSANE.

She’s certainly a strong pony alright. Pretty sleek looking too. That mane and tail of hers suit her perfectly. I rather like the hat too.

… She still not around? Big Mac not around? Screw it.

She’s hot. There I said it. I can’t help it! Do you have ANY idea how weird it is for me to realize that!? She’s a pony, and I can’t help but gaze at her lovely form. I think the shape of the body is a huge factor in attractiveness when it comes to being a pony. I’m not sure. This is all rather new to me, and I’m still weirded out by the realization that I er… Want to ‘hit the hay’ with AppleJack so to speak.

<Vocal Input> Apple Bloom: “Whats ‘hitting the hay’ mean?”

Evening Storm: “GAH! Apple Bloom! Where did you come from!?”

Apple Bloom: “Over there. Didna yall see me?”

Evening Storm: “No! I was busy typing! How much did you see!?”

Apple Bloom: “Just that part bout hitting hay. That a game or something?”

Evening Storm: “Why yes! Yes it IS a game! It’s where you bundle up some hay. Tie a rope around it, and then buck it to see how far you can get it. I use to play it when about your age all the time!”

Apple Bloom: “Wow, that sounds pretty fun! What say we have a round while yer waiting?”

Evening Storm: “Oh I don’t know about that. What if we aren’t suppose to move this hay?”

<New Vocals> AppleJack: “Why would you be moving my hay?”

Apple Bloom: “For a game! It’s called ‘Hitting the hay’. Old Stormy here-“

Evening Storm: “Stormy?”

Apple Bloom: “-was telling me all about it! You bundle up hay and hog tie it so it’s all together like. Then ya buck it to see how far you can get it. Says he wanted to play the game with you big sis!”

Applejack: “Oh really now? Sounds a mighty bit odd. Doesn’t ‘hit the hay’ mean sleeping anyhow?”

(DOH! It does mean that!)

Evening Storm: “Oh yeah, forgot about that. I’m so used to calling the game that. I use to be the champion of it where I was growing up. Been years since I played it though. (This is going to end badly isn’t it? Just please don’t think I meant something else!)

<Vocals Detected> Big Macintosh: “Sounds like a mighty… FINE game to me. Eeeyep…”

(Oh god he’s glaring at me!)

Evening Storm: “Look, forget I mentioned it. It’s just with all the apple bucking you must do around here, I thought it’d be pretty neat to try my luck, but obviously you’re all too busy-“

Apple Jack: “Well shoot! Ain’t too busy for some friendly competition! Let’s set up the playing field! Come with me Mr. Evening Storm. We’ll set everything up proper and let the best pony win!”

<Vocals Detected> <Scanning User’s Memories. Target Designated: Rainbow Dash>

Rainbow Dash: “Did somepony say competition?! I’m in!”

<Vocals Detected> Scootaloo: “Rainbow Dash!”

(Ugh. Lap top. Shut down. I’m going to blow one of your circuits at this rate of vocal exchanges…)

<Post End>

Evening Storm's Travels #7

Hey there everypony.

Man am I beat!

Do ponies use the term ‘man’?

Ugh, why do I ask weird questions when tired?

Anyway, I’ve got a few food supplies. Obviously I don’t want JUST apple products as my food source, so I’ll be stopping at a few other places. Think I might give Carrot Top’s place a try. I like Carrots. Not sure where else to go however. Where would you get food supplies?

Oh and before you ask, the corn wasn’t ready for eating yet. So I couldn’t get any of that. Of did you forget Applejack also grows that?

… Okay I’ve avoided it long enough. You want to know how the game went right?

Do I ‘really’ have to spell out who won? Applejack creamed me. Though I did much better then I expected. Applejack even commented on how it was clear I hadn’t played since a colt, but still had some of the strength left. I think it’s because I use to bike a lot in the human realm, and now I walk around a lot.

Or would that be ‘trot’ around a lot? Do ponies walk?

Whatever. Too tired.

…Am I forgetting something?

Oh yeah! Rainbow Dash! I didn’t get to talk to her much actually. She lost interest in the compitition when she found it involved bucking hay. Guess her Fall Weather Friends thing taught her not to challenge Applejack to a ‘bucking’ contest.

I’d say it’s out of character for her to back down, but then again, Scootaloo wouldn’t leave her alone either…

I kinda cut my visit of the farm short. I’m sad I didn’t get to meet Caramel. He’s actually one of my favorite stallions from the show, but the looks Big Mac were giving me…

Okay, you know how the big brother sometimes won’t like the guys giving their ‘little sister’ attention? That happens here too. He did NOT like me hanging around her. I think he realized I find her rather attractive…

I blame the cowmare hat. It just gives her this untamed sexyness. Ironically though, despite that image I figure she’ll make a great mother. Assuming anypony can get past her hulk brother. No way I could manage…

Dear Celestia, am I REALLY considering these things? What… What’s happening to me? Sometimes I think… I can’t remember what human woman look like… I keep seeing mares.

The things I’m wanting to do with them… I’m… Scared… I don’t know how to handle these thoughts… These feelings…

Ugh, best I just ignore them right now. I… I don’t think I can face this just yet…

Anyway, it’s early evening, but I’m kinda beat. Maybe I should go find a hotel? Then again, beat I may be, but sleepy I am not.

I did want to drop by Twilight’s today. Being she is the Princess’s number 1 student, and town librarian. I’m sure she’s got some good research material on magic. I’d love to get my hands on some of that if I could. It WOULD give me something to do…

Hmmm… This IS an ask tumblr blog. I could see if I have any questions to answer while I wait for their responses…

Hmm… Why not? I’m letting YOU my readers decide!

Should I go find a hotel now? Or drop by Twilight’s first?

(NOTE FROM EVENING STORM: Just to let my readers on FimFiction know: This FimFiction place is just a 'collection' of my travels. My actual tumblr, linked in the description to this story, obviously updates before this place, and is where the ponies/whoever that reads my tumblr can answer such questions. I'll always try to archive my travels here when I get five of them. Sadly, you can't really contact me through this, so if you are reading this here, you can't vote as it's already passed. :/ )

(ANOTHER NOTE: Being my travel tumblr, IS a tumblr. Ponies are able to ask me questions about my travels. Questions I will gladly answer. Such as this one: )

rainev1 asks: So Storm, between pegasi, unicorns and earth ponies, which are generally the most attractive?

Ugh, here I wanted to put these thoughts out of my mind for the moment. *sigh* No no, I’ll answer now. Better to get it over with. Out of sight, out of mind…

To be honest, I think I find unicorns most attractive. Though I’m not sure if that’s because I AM a Unicorn, or because of some leftover feelings I have from before my ponyness.

I’ve always liked Unicorns. Their aura of mystery. The sent of magic. A hidden splash of grace.

Then again, I just got done talking about Applejack and how sexy she seems to me. Maybe it’s the mane and tail. I don’t know.

Pegasus I seem to find the least attractive, but I think it’s because I don’t know of many. Fluttershy is VERY cute, but a bit TOO timid for my likes… While Rainbow Dash…

Well, I hope I don’t sound shallow, but the tommare was never really my type…

I do find this kind of… Dangerous allure to Spitfire though. Though I doubt she’d find me interesting in return…

Ugh, this is all so confusing. Do you have any idea how cute I find you? Your blue color, the purple hair. The- DEAR LUNA AND CELESTIA! What am I saying!?

Uh! Uh!… J-just ignore me! Sorry!

Evening Storm's Travels #8

Okay, so I’ve looked over the responses. (Ponies follow my tumblr! I wonder if I’ll ever get to meet any of you during my travels?)

I got one vote to go to the hotel and two to go see Twilight at the Library first.

…Then one to challenge Twilight to a magical duel…

You DO realize that’s like asking me to vanquish an actual Ursa Major right? And I do mean MAJOR, not the minor Twilight has defeated.

You know what? I TOTALLY did that. Twilight won.

Anyway, that’s two to one, so it looks like I’m going to visit Twilight first!

I’ve actually been trotting along (do ponies say they walked somewhere? Is it considered walking if you are a pony?) Levitating my laptop while updating this. I’m really beginning to get the hang of this levitation magic. About time I suppose. I’ve been a unicorn for over half a year now! I think this is my seventh month? Or is it my eighth?

I really don’t know anymore. The more I’m a pony, the less I remember of my old life…

Sometimes I wonder if my old self will disappear entirely…

Oh… I’m here…

Okay I’m sure you aren’t wondering why I’m hesitating. I bet you all figured it out.

Everypony… Twilight is my favorite of the mane six. If there was ANY mare I’d like to spend a quiet night by the fireplace with… It’s Twilight.

Given how today has been going, I’m a bit frightened to go knock… What if I can’t control myself? What if I say something stupid? What if I give myself away to what I once was?!

What if Spike is looking at me with a strange expression because I’m blocking his path to the door- EEP!

<Vocals Detected>

Spike: “Uh… Can I help you or something?”

Evening Storm: “Oh! Uh… Sorry about that. Is… Is Twilight home?”

(Gah! I sound like I’m trying to ask if she can come out and play! >_< )

Spike: “Do… You have business with Twilight?”

(Oh Celestia, the look he’s giving me. Yeah I bet I look pretty suspicious…)

Evening Storm: “Oh sorry… I guess I must look rather odd. I’m from Canterlot. I’m a student of magic studies. I’ve heard Twilight knows a lot on the subject and just wanted to see if she had any suggestions for studying materials…”

Spike: “Oh! You’re one of those ponies! Yeah Twilight knows a LOT about magic. She’s the Princess’ Number 1 student you know!”

Evening Storm: “Huh… I heard rumors, but didn’t know that was for real!” (Oh Celestia, I hope I’m a convincing enough actor to pull that off!)

Spike: “Oh yeah! She’s the most magical unicorn in town! I bet she could give you a whole stack of stuff to study!… Except it’s all over the ground inside right now…”

Spike: *Sigh*

Evening Storm: “So she’s busy studying herself right now? Should I come back later?”

(… That didn’t sound right…)

Spike: “Well sorta, She’s actually not here right now. She went to visit Zecora, oh she’s this Zebra, but don’t worry she’s cool, about some herbs and such while I ran errands in town.”

Evening Storm: “Working on something big?”

Spike: “You could say that. She’s been asked by the Princess herself to help uh… ‘Somepony’ with something…”

Evening Storm: (I have a feeling my eyebrow is raised) “Somepony?”

Spike: “Uh… I’m not suppose to talk about it… Can you uh… Not tell Twilight I slipped?”

Evening Storm: “Sure thing Spi- I mean, baby dragon I’ve never met…”

(*Sigh* He’s giving me a look again. Stupid Evening Storm!)

Spike: “It’s… Spike. What’s your name?”

Evening Storm: “Glad to meet you Spike! (I’m shaking hands with SPIKE!) You may call me Evening Storm!”

<Vocals Detected> <Searching Database for Identification>

New Vocals: “I KNEW IT! THAT IS YOU! YOU DISASTER ON LEGS!”

Evening Storm: “EEEEEEEEP! OW!”

Spike: “Dust Storm!? Are you crazy!? Why did you rush through the door and tackle him!?”

<Identification Found>

Dust Storm: “WHY!? WHY!?! HE’S THE REASON I’M LIKE THIS!”

Spike: <Volume Whisper Level>: “YOU turned this guy into a mare?”

Evening Storm: “AHH! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! AN ACCIDENT!?”

Dust Storm: “ACCIDENT!? Do you have ANY idea the horrors I’ve faced this last month!? NOTHING has changed me back! I’ve been laughed at by my colleges! The Great Princess Celestia finally sent me to her number one student in hopes SHE would be able to restore me! AND IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS!?”

Evening Storm: “Um… I really like… You’re mane?”

(Oh geez why did I say that!? She’s going to kill me! I didn’t know Pegasus wings flared out like that in anger!)

<Vocals Detected> <Scanning User’s Memory. Best possible match: Bon Bon>

Bon Bon: “Oh dear, a lover’s spat! In the middle of the road no less!”

<Vocals Detected> <Best possible match: Lyra>

Lyra: “Awww, How cute!”

(AHH! STOP TALKING! HER FACE IS GETTING RED WITH ANGER!)

Dust Storm: “… We’ll continue this INSIDE”

<User Motion Detected. Analyzing… User being dragged by tail appendage into Library>

(I’m… Dead…)

<Magic Connection Lost>

Evening Storm's Travels #9

<Reboot in Process…>

<Loading…>

<SyncroMagic Systems Online. Loading Vocal Identifications…>

Twilight Sparkle: “…So let me get this straight. YOU are the unicorn pony that turned this Pegasus Stallion into, well pardon my classification, lovely mare?”

Dust Storm: “Do you HAVE to call me lovely?”

Evening Storm: “Well… Yes, but I wasn’t TRYING to turn her into a mare!”

Twilight Sparkle: “Can… Can you tell me how it happened?”

Dust Storm: “He screwed up a spell! That’s how it happened! Now I’m STUCK like this!”

Evening Storm: “I didn’t think you’d still be stuck like that! I thought it’d be a simple dispel or something!”

Twilight Sparkle: “Are you kidding!? I never even considered such a spell POSSIBLE! To think that you managed to change a stallion of Dust Storm’s stature into the pretty mare before us! It’s AMAZING!”

Dust Storm: “STOP CALLING ME PRETTY!”

(Uh oh, her face is going red again. Better see if I can calm her down!)

Evening Storm: “Look, it was a mistake! I’ll do whatever it takes to fix it okay?”

Dust Storm: “You’d BETTER…”

(…That voice is like pure venom… If Twilight hadn’t come home not ten minutes after I was dragged in here, I’m sure I’d be dead…)

Twilight Sparkle: “Well that’s the thing. I don’t know how one even DOES something like this. That’s why I was consulting with Zecora. I had hoped that her knowledge might shed some light on this problem.”

Dust Storm: “And?”

Twilight Sparkle:” Nothing for me to go on yet. If I knew what spell you were casting when this happened…”

Evening Storm: “Well how much do you know?”

Twilight Sparkle: “Only what the Princess Told me. She said that some powerful magic spell went haywire somewhere in the castle, and that it caused the genderswitch on Dust Storm here. The Princess said she sent her to me, as she was certain I’d have the answer to her problem…”

(She looks stressed… Judging what I know about her, I’d say she not only doesn’t have the answer, but doesn’t even know where to begin looking…)

Evening Storm: “Okay, well basically all I did was try to cast a uh… ‘Blooming spell’

Twilight Sparkle: “… On Dust storm?”

Evening Storm: “NO! No, on some flowers of course! I was trying to learn magic! It was suppose to be a training spell! I just wanted to make a rose bloom!”

Twilight Sparkle: “What? That’s not possible! How can such a simple spell lead to this? Why were you even trying to learn magic? You’re as old as me! You should have all sorts of education in magic!”

Evening Storm: “Uh… I kinda come from far away. We don’t have many schools there for this sorta thing. It’s why I went to Canterlot.”

Dust Storm: “Nevermind that! How do we FIX me!?”

Twilight Sparkle: “Ugh, I don’t know! How did that spell even change you? Were you even in the room?”

Dust Storm: “He wasn’t IN a room! He was casting this out in the gardens! I went over demanding to know what he was up to when he spun around and blasted me with his bucking spell! Next thing I know, I’m waking up as the ‘fairer sex’. Though I’m hard pressed to find ANYTHING about this as fair!”

Evening Storm: “Well you startled me!”

Dust Storm: “And YOU always cause trouble with your magic! Remember when you turned that wagon into bread!? My only regret is the birds ATE the bloody thing before I could show it to the Princess! As it was, we had to buy ANOTHER one!”

Twilight Sparkle: “You made a wagon change to bread? What spell were you casting there?”

Evening Storm: “I… I was trying to change it’s color to red…”

Twilight Sparkle: “And instead you changed it into bread…”

Evening Storm: “Look! I get it okay?! I suck at magic. I once tried to use it to groom my mane, and all it did was set me on fire!”

Dust Storm: “Heh, that was one of the funny ones…”

(Gah! I want to be mad at her, but it’s my bucking fault she’s even… Well a SHE right now…)

Twilight Sparkle: “This entire thing is crazy! The magic you describe is some pretty strong ability! Didn’t anypony at the castle help you with it!?”

Dust Storm: “You kidding? It’s like nopony even NOTICED. I was the only one. It’s like the Princess’s gave him free reign! I kept trying to tell them about him, but I could never get an audience till my… Misshap.”

Evening Storm: “You told them then?”

(…Does she HAVE to glare at me like that?)

Dust Storm: “No, I had more PRESSING matters on my mind…”

Twilight Sparkle: “Okay enough of this arguing! We’re not going to get anywhere like this! Evening Storm. Do you have a place to stay tonight?”

Evening Storm: “Not yet, was going to hit the INN after this.”

Twilight Sparkle: “No need, you’ll stay here tonight. We’ve got a lot of work to do, and it may take all night.”

Evening Storm: “But uh… Isn’t… Isn’t that like inappropriate or something?”

Twilight Sparkle: “I don’t understand what you mean. We’ve got a lot of research to do, and I have many more questions and tests I need you to help me with. It only makes sense for you to spend the night!”

Evening Storm: “Y-You don’t have a problem w-w-with me s-staying here?”

Twilight Sparkle: “Why? Are you nervous about the tests? Don’t worry, they won’t be hard!”

Evening Storm: “Uh that’s not-“

Dust Storm: “Can it Stormy. I’m going to be here as well!”

Evening Storm: “What!?”

Twilight Sparkle: “Well of course she’ll be staying as well! How else am I suppose to analyze the spell on her?”

Dust Storm: “That’s right, and believe me Stormy. I’m going to be WATCHING you.”

Pinkie Pie: “Like a pony? Or were you going to say hawk? A lot of ponies seem to be saying that lately, but I just don’t get it. How can you watch someone like a hawk when you are CLEARLY a pony? I mean HELLO!”

(GAH! Where did she COME FROM!? I swear nopony was next to me not five seconds ago! How does she DO that!?)

Pinkie Pie: “Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie! And I came in through the window!”

Evening Storm: “Um… Okay…”

(Did she read my mind!?)

Pinkie Pie: “Nice to meet you! Oh! By the way Evening Storm! Did you know your laptop is on?”

Evening Storm: “What? It shouldn’t be on! Let me see that…”

Twilight Sparkle: “I may regret asking this, but why are you even here Pinkie?”

Pinkie Pie: “Well, I was at Sugar Cube Cornor when I realized we had new ponies in town! So I wanted to throw them a party! But then I remembered that I threw a party yesterday, and I DID promise to space out my parties more, so I thought, maybe a small party, but I didn’t know what to make it about, because we can’t make it about Dust Storm being a mare, because she doesn’t like being a mare, even though I think she looks SUPER DUPER CUTE as one!”

Dust Storm: “W-what!?”

(Is she blushing? Wait, this thing really IS on? Shut down! Shut Down!)

Pinkie Pie: “So then I thought, maybe a party for dropping by, Ponyville! But then I didn’t know how many ponies to invite to that and-“

<System Shut Down. Post End.>

Evening Storm's Travels #10

Hey… Everypony…

… Sorry I’m kinda tired…

… Hmm… Oh, you probably want to know what’s up with Pinkie Pie right?

… Do you think she knows? About me I mean? She knew about Dust Storm…

… What am I going to do? I’m in Twilight’s home… THE Princess’s Prized pupil. No way I’m not going to get reported to her… The Princess I mean…

I’m… I’m scared… What will happen if she finds out about me? I’m a pony. I mean… Human…

I… Am I still human? I… I think I remember what it was like…

…What’s happening? What am I doing?

I’m sorry… My mind is scattered right now…

Okay. So… Current situation:

Pinkie has decided to hold a party for Dust Storm and I tomorrow. Well with much ‘convincing’ on Twilight’s part. I think the party is going to be a simple ‘Friendship’ party. Pinkie says Dust Storm and I need to make some friends.

So, with her gone for the night, Twilight got to work on trying to figure out what went wrong with my spell. So that’s were we currently are. She’s already given myself an intense magical scan.

… Did you all think something dirty? All I did was stand there as she used her own magic to scan me. She even told me flat out all it’d do was gauge my magic levels.

Right now she’s doing the same to Dust Storm. The process takes a good several minutes, which is why I decided to take the time to update you all on tumblr.

To be honest part of me wants to run. Gallop away as fast as I can. But…

But I can’t leave Dust Storm like this… It’s MY fault she’s a mare now…

She’s a mare because I bucked up.

… Can I ask you all something? Do you wish you were in my hooves? Er Shoes… Proverbial shoes? Is that even the right phrase? Oh Horseapples, you know what I mean.

I just wonder. How many people would love to be a pony in Equestria? How many would give anything to go on the very journey I’m on now?

I won’t lie. So far it’s been amazing. I’ve studied in Canterlot. I’ve trekked across a country yard you’d be hard pressed to find back… Well you know…

I’ve met Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, even Twilight Sparkle. I’ve… I’ve MET them. Spoken with them. I’ve… Had thoughts about them I wish I hadn’t…

Guys I’m SO CLOSE to Twilight right now. She was always my favorite of the mane six… I think I said that already… Sorry.

I… I can’t help it. I wish I could catch her eye or something you know? Get to know her, possibly form something ‘more’ then a friendship with her.

The two of us… Together on a rainy night… Cuddled together under a blanket by the fireplace… (She even have one? Wouldn’t that burn the tree down? I’m going off topic) Maybe have a good book to read… Cup of coco…

I feel like I know her already. But… Well…

She knows NOTHING about me. I don’t think Twilight even HAS those kind of thoughts about Stallions.

Besides who am I? In the world I came from, I’d just be some random OC pony. Yeah, me and Twilight? The fans would eat me alive.

Well… At the very least I might have a friendship with her. If I get that, it’d be more then anything I’d have hoped for…

There’s still so much more to all this then just that however… NegaStorm is still out there. I still need to help fix Dust Storm… And then… Then there is ‘her’

I haven’t really talked about ‘her’ much on this blog. I think I wrote down a dream or two way back. Before I got this new laptop.

I haven’t heard from the White Alicorn in my dreams for a while now. I kinda hope it STAYS that way.

… Take it from me everypony- er one… This… ‘situation’ I’m in? A pony in this world? It’s… It’s both great… And really REALLY scary…

Because of me, a stallion may have to live their life in a body not their own… Am I just going to ruin lives while here?

Spike: “Hey Evening Storm! What you up to?”

Evening Storm: “Oh hey Spike. I’m just updating my tumblr blog. What’s up?”

Spike: “I think Twi is about done with her magic scan on Dust Storm. She’ll want to start the tests up pretty soon. Trust me I know her.”

Evening Storm: “Ah, guess I should head down there then. Be right there.”

Sorry ponies, looks like it’s time to get magic testing. I’ll have to check back in with all of you later!

<Post End>

(OOC NOTE: You may be wondering a bit about Dust Storm. For a bit more insight on this character: )

http://videomaster21xx.tumblr.com/post/14509784248/did-i-really-just-dream-that-pony-dream-staring