• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 5,149 Views, 1,265 Comments

Twilight Tries... - Peni Parker



There are many things Twilight Sparkle has never tried, but she's going to try some of them with you in her new vlog!

  • ...
15
 1,265
 5,149

PreviousChapters Next
Paintball

Hi, everypony, and welcome to another episode of Twilight Tries!

As you may have guessed from the fact that I’m outside right now, today I’m going to be trying something a bit more physically demanding than usual. Today, I’m going to be trying…paintball!

And here to help me with my first paintball experience is my good friend and paintball veteran, Rainbow Dash!

Say hi to everypony, Rainbow.

.

.

The camera is for my vlog.

.

.

Having a vlog is not an ‘egghead’ thing, Rainbow. There are many different kinds of ponies who have vlogs.

.

.

Look, the camera won’t get in the way. I have a special helmet that will hold it while we’re playing.

.

.

Fine, fine, whatever you say.

So if you’re wondering why I’m trying paintball, the answer is really quite simple; Rainbow Dash asked me to join her today. As I mentioned earlier, Rainbow is a paintball veteran. She’s played many times before but she’s always done it alone. Well she recently decided she wanted to try it with a friend and when she asked me to join her I, as a good friend, said I would be happy to.

Plus, I get another episode of Twilight Tries out of it. But I’m primarily doing this because my friend asked me to, honest.

.

Anyways, if you’ll look over here, you’ll see all the gear that I got in order to play paintball. I’ve got my special mask, protective clothing, various pads, and of course, my paintball gun.

Now I want to take a minute to really show you the paintball gun I got because I think it’s pretty neat. This is an A51 HK Luxe X paintball gun, complete with x-core bolt system, pro-lock frame system, freak XL barrel system, HK Army S trigger system, opti-breach chamber system, max-flow inline regulator, flex-power battery system, and ice-coated friction system.

I have no idea what any of that actually means, but when Rainbow Dash was helping me pick a paintball gun she said that it all means that the A51 HK Luxe X is top-of-the-line, so it’s what I went with.

And it had better be top-of-the-line for what I paid for it, I’ll tell you that.

Oh, it looks like everypony is gathering around the referee pony for the rules and safety rundown. I better get going.


Okay, so we just got the rules and safety rundown. All pretty simple and common sense stuff, but one thing I just learned is that we’re going to be playing in teams.

.

.

Well I thought it was going to be battle royale style, Rainbow! How was I supposed to know it’s in teams?

So anyways, we’re going to get our teams based on the color hoofband we pull out of that box over there. A few other ponies have already gotten their teams, and it appears that there are only going to be two teams, one red and one blue. Guess I better go find out which team I’ll be on.

.

.

.

Looks like I’m on blue team. Go blue team!

.

.

You’re on blue team too, Rainbow? That’s great!

Oh, the referee pony is calling for everypony’s attention. I wonder if she forgot to mention something earlier.

.

.

What’s that? She’s going to ask each team to pick a leader?

Oh, okay.

.

.

Yeah, that doesn’t really surprise me, Rainbow. Based on how much you do this I’d have been surprised if you hadn’t been team leader before.

Now come on, let’s go join the rest of our team.

.

.

.

So, here’s the rest of the blue team! Not a bad looking group of ponies; another pegasus, a unicorn, and a couple of earth ponies.

.

.

What?!

You all want me to be team leader?!

.

.

I-I’m flattered, really, but this is actually me first time playing paintball so I don’t think I should be team leader.

.

.

No, really, I think it would be best if we had a team leader with more experience. My friend Rainbow Dash here would be more than happy to…

.

.

What? Are you sure, Rainbow?

.

.

They do seem pretty determined that I be team leader.

*SIGH*

Okay, I’ll do it, but only if you agree to be my second-in-command. I’m going to need all the help I can get here.

.

.

Thanks, Rainbow.

It looks like the other team has chosen their leader as well, so I’m guessing we’re going to be starting pretty soon.

Wish me luck, everypony!


I have to say, I really like that we’re playing this in a forest. I don’t know why, but it just makes the whole experience feel more…real.

Even though we haven’t come across any ponies from the red team yet, I feel like I’m a soldier in something like Apocalypse Now or Platoon. I know that should probably freak me out a little, but it’s surprisingly exhilarating.

.

.

Well I guess that makes sense, Rainbow. See, neurologically speaking, whenever we feel a heightened sense of…

Ah! That paintball almost hit me.

Wait, paintball!

EVERYPONY TAKE COVER!

.

Okay, we’ve engaged the enemy, or rather, the enemy has engaged us.

DOES ANYPONY HAVE EYES ON THE SHOOTER?!

.

.

In the trees? Good eye, Rainbow! Think you can fly up there and deal with them?

.

.

Got it.

EVERYPONY, LAY DOWN SUPPRESSING FIRE!

AAAAAAAAH!


Well, that was unexpected. I never thought the other team would try and pick us off with a sniper. I didn’t even think it was possible to snipe with a paintball gun.

You learn something new everyday.

So anyways, Rainbow Dash managed to take out the pony from the red team that was shooting at us but we lost one of our own in the process, which means the teams are still even in terms of the number of players. But I’m not worried.

I’ve sent Rainbow on a recon mission to see if we can find out where the red team is, she should be back shortly.

In the meantime, I think I’m going to check on the rest of my team.

.

How’s everypony doing?

.

.

That’s good, and it’s nice to meet you all as well.

.

.

Willow Dawn, Amber Meadow, and Indigo Sky. Happy to have you all on the team!

Oh, it looks like Rainbow Dash is back.

What did you see, Rainbow?

.

.

The entire red team is regrouping about one klick south?

Um, how far is one ‘klick’, exactly?

.

.

Oh, okay. That’s actually not that far, if we hurry we might be able to launch a sneak attack.

Come on, everyone, we’re moving out!


Yep, the entire red team is down there, just like Rainbow Dash said. It looks like they haven’t spotted us yet, so that’s good. The question is, how do we go about beating them?

.

.

A pincer move? You really think that will work, Rainbow?

.

.

Okay, I trust you.

Amber and I will move to the eastern flank. Willow and Indigo, you two move to the western flank. Rainbow, you stay here and wait for us to get into position. Once I give you the signal, start firing.

After Rainbow’s got their attention, the rest of us will move in and attack from both flanks simultaneously.

.

.

The signal will be a chickadee call.

.

.

Just listen for a loud bird call, Rainbow.

All right, everypony, let’s get into position.

.

.

.

.

.

Looks like everypony’s in position. Here we go.

*CHICKADEE NOISES*

.

Wow, look at Rainbow go! Does she even need our help?

What am I saying, of course she does. Let’s go, Amber!

AAAAAAAAH!

GET SOME, YOU RED SONS OF DONKEYS!


Whew, that got intense! I mean, wow! I don’t think I’ve ever felt such a rush of endorphins before!

Sorry, I need a few seconds to calm down.

.

.

.

Okay, I’m good.

So, yeah, we won. Yay, blue team!

.

.

I should be thanking you, Rainbow. If you hadn’t invited me I probably never would’ve tried this.

I’m just glad you still had a good time even though I was chosen as team leader.

.

.

True, this victory wouldn’t have been possible without you.

.

.

Some celebratory cider? Sounds good, just give me a minute to wrap up this video.

So paintball was a lot of fun! I’m not sure I’d want to do it as much as Rainbow Dash does, but it’s definitely something I’d like to do again someday.

Anyways, as always thank you all for watching this episode of Twilight Tries!

See you next time!

Author's Note:

Special thanks to TigerCat111 for suggesting this chapter!

If there's something you'd like to see Twilight try, please let me know in the comments!

PreviousChapters Next