• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 5,151 Views, 1,265 Comments

Twilight Tries... - Peni Parker



There are many things Twilight Sparkle has never tried, but she's going to try some of them with you in her new vlog!

  • ...
15
 1,265
 5,151

PreviousChapters Next
Training With The Wonderbolts

Hi, everypony, and welcome to another episode of Twilight Tries!

So as you can see from the buildings behind me, I’m currently here at the world-famous Wonderbolts Headquaters! I’ve been here a couple of times before, even once as a teacher to help some new recruits, but no matter how many times I come to this magnificent place it always fills me with a sense of awe. I mean, just think about all the history that’s happened here since it was founded by General Firefly after the first celestial year of peace!

*HAPPY SIGH*

So much history.

.

Ahem, sorry.

Anyways, the reason I’m here today is because I’m going to try…training with the Wonderbolts!

Now I’m sure there are two questions you’re probably asking right now; why are you going to try training with the Wonderbolts, Twilight, and how did you manage to get permission to do so. Well, the answer to why I’m doing this is because the other day Rainbow Dash made a little offhanded remark that I WOULDN’T LAST ONE DAY AS A WONDERBOLT!

The story behind that remark is a long one that I won’t get into here, but the short version is that after Rainbow said that I took exception to it and told her that I COULD SO last one day as a Wonderbolt! We went back-and-forth on this issue for a while until Rainbow asked me to put my money where my muzzle was and prove it. I told her that if she could get me into a training session I’d be glad to.

So, yeah, I’m essentially here on a bet. And if I last the entire training session Rainbow has to give me her autographed Daring Do hat. If I don’t last the entire session, then…actually, I don’t remember Rainbow saying what it is she wanted. But I’m not worried, I can last one training session easily.

Now as for the answer as to how I managed to get permission to do this, the short answer is that Rainbow convinced Spitfire to allow it. However, the long answer is actually a funny story that I feel I need to share with all of you.

See, it’s well-known that Spitfire has a number of protocols when it comes to the Wonderbolts and their training. One of those protocols is that no guests are allowed during training, even if it’s only to spectate. So naturally when Rainbow asked her to make an exception for me she said no.

However, Rainbow was so desperate to prove that she’s right that she told Spitfire that if she allowed me to join in on a training session I’d allocate more money to the Wonderbolts after I became ruler of Equestria. And apparently as soon as Spitfire heard this she changed her mind.

Now here’s the funny part; RAINBOW MADE THAT PROMISE WITHOUT RUNNING IT BY ME FIRST!

But since I'm desperate to prove I’m right, and since it got Spitfire to allow me access to a training session, I suppose it’s all fine. I mean, I’m sure I can relocate a few funds from another source to go to the Wonderbolts after I’m ruler.

Though that other source isn't going to be the libraries, I can tell you that.

So anywhoo, that’s the backstory behind today’s episode. Right now I’m just waiting for Rainbow or Spitfire or whoever to let me know when this training session is supposed to begin.

.

.

.

Oh, hi, Spitfire!

Thank you for letting me join you today.

.

.

W-Well, no problem. I’m…always happy to help the Wonderbolts anyway I can.

Even if it means possibly defunding the Equestrian Parks Department in the process.

.

.

Oh, of course. I don't expect nor do I want any special treatment just because I'm a princess.

I assure you I want nothing less than the full Wonderbolts training experience.

.

.

Go get changed?

What do you mean?

.

.

I get my own Wonderbolts uniform for today’s training session?!

*SQUEE*

I-I mean, thank you. I’ll go get changed right away.

.

I get to wear an official Wonderbolts uniform!

*SQUEE*

.

Oh geez. I just realized I’m fangirling like Rainbow Dash right now, aren’t I?

.

.

.

Wow, these uniforms are really comfy! I wonder what kind of fabric they’re made with.

.

.

Oh, hey, Rainbow.

.

.

Oh, you better believe I’m ready!

Ready to prove I'm right and win that autographed Daring Do hat.


Okay, so we’re all lined-up and ready to go. We’re just waiting for Spitfire to tell us what our first training activity will be for today.

.

.

*PFFT*

50 wing-ups? This is going to be easy.

.

One!

.

Two!

.

Three!

.


Forty…Eight.

.

Forty…Nine.

.

F-Fifty!

*DEEP BREATHING*

.

.

I…I’m fine, Rainbow.

I think I’m just…a little worn out from…the work-out I already did this morning.

.

.

Oh, y-yeah, I always…do a few wing-ups and sit-ups and…things like that right after I wake up.

.

.

Mm-hmm, every…morning.

.

.

Time to…move on to the next training activity?

Okay, right…behind you.


Wait, we’re going to train on the Dizzitron next?

I thought that was only used for training recruits.

.

.

N-No, ma’am! Sorry, ma’am! I won’t question you again…ma’am!

.

Spitfire yelled at me.

.

.

I’m going first?!

.

.

N-No, ma’am! No problem, ma’am!

.

.

.

O-Okay, ready.

Please don’t let me fly out too early, please don’t let me fly out too early, please don’t-

Whoa!

S-Spinning.

.

Getting a little d-dizzy already.
.

Whoawhoawhoawhoa-AAAAAAH!


You know, when I become ruler of Equestria I think I’m going to outlaw the Dizzitron. After experiencing it first-hoof it seems more like an instrument of torture than an instrument of training.

I’m honestly surprised nopony has been seriously hurt on it before. It's an accident waiting to happen.

.

.

What’s that, Rainbow? Time for our next training activity?

Okay, what is it?

Please don’t be something scary like BASE jumping.

.

.

Flying through hoops?

Oh, thank Celestia!

I-I mean, that sounds like fun!

.

.

Nice try, Rainbow. But I seriously doubt that we’ll be flying through flaming hoops.

.

Okay, the hoops actually are on fire.

.

I’m going to die here.


Sorry for the weird shots right now. I’m just checking my reflection in the camera lens for any singes on my wings. After I got done with the flaming hoops I thought I smelled burning feathers.

.

.

.

Okay, I’m good.

*DEJECTED SIGH*

I’m going to be honest with all of you right now; I don’t know how much more of this I can take. I mean, I knew that the Wonderbolts had intense training sessions, but some of this is just plain crazy! Just…why is flying through flaming hoops a thing here?! They don’t even do that kind of stuff in the Equestria Games!

.

.

Break time is over already, Rainbow?

Okay, what’s next?

.

.

BASE JUMPING?!

NO, UH-UH, I’M DONE! YOU WERE RIGHT, RAINBOW!

.

.

Yes, okay, I was wrong! Being a Wonderbolt is really, really tough and I can’t handle being one even for one day.

.

Well, while Rainbow does her victory dance, or whatever it is she’s doing, I’ll end this episode here.

So as always, thanks for watching, everypony, and I’ll see you next time on Twilight Tries!

.

.

Oh right, our bet.

Okay, Rainbow, what do you want?

.

.

You want me to WHAT?!

Author's Note:

Special thanks to Commander Darklight for suggesting this chapter!

If there's something you'd like to see Twilight try, please let me know in the comments!

PreviousChapters Next