• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 2,500 Views, 17 Comments

Celestia and Luna Go To An Alternative Timeline - Twilight Star



After Twilight Sparkle tells the Princesses of Equestria an alternate universe where everything is the opposite, Celestia and Luna are curious and decide to visit this alternate universe.

  • ...
6
 17
 2,500

Reaching the alternate timeline

Celestia was sitting on her throne, signing important papers until a letter came to her. Celestia stopped what she was doing and took the letter to read.

“Dear Princess Celestia, I used a time travel spell to travel to other timelines to learn more about pony life. But I got into an alternate timeline where everything is the opposite. Luna is the ruler of Equestria and not you, Sunset Shimmer is a student of Luna and has friends, Chrysalis is the princess of love and the Crystal empire and the ponies are nocturnal. I really don’t understand how there could be a timeline like that. Anyway, I just wanted to share an experience that occurred. Signed Twilight Sparkle.”

“PS: I saw the alternate Celestia alter ego. I need a lot of help to calm down beyond Spike.

Celestia was nothing more than surprised. She never imagined that there would be a timeline where Luna was ruler of Equestria and not her. But she was worried when Twilight Sparkle witnessed an evil side of her alternate self. But she knew Luna would be glad to hear of this timeline, except the part that was Celestia who had become evil. Maybe she could convince Luna to go to Twilight Castle to look for a spell that allows them to travel the alternate timelines and also talk to Twilight Sparkle about it. Celestia knew it was still daylight. So, Luna would be sleeping. She decided she would wait for Luna to wake up.


After five hours, Luna woke up to raise the moon. She got out of bed, straightened the blanket, and went to the balcony. She realized that the sun had already been lowered, so she used her magic to lift the moon. While doing so, the color of the sky changed from yellow and orange to navy blue. Then put stars. That done, she went to the door and realized that Celestia was waiting for her. The white alicorn smiled. “Sister? May I know why you were waiting for me at the door?”

“Luna, can we go to see Twilight Sparkle at the Friendship Castle?” asked Celestia.

“Of course we can, Sister. But can we have dinner first?”

“Of course, Luna.”


Twilight Sparkle and Spike were having pasta dinner. Twilight was still trying to get Celestia’s suit off the alternate timeline. Twilight Sparkle didn’t even know if she could sleep well after that. Twilight wanted to have written in the letter about Celestia’s alter ego from the alternate timeline.

“Twilight, are you feeling better?” asked Spike.

“No, Spike,” replied Twilight Sparkle.

“Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?”

“I don’t know, Spike. I don’t even know how I am going to forget that Daybreaker and Celestia have a bad side.”

“Twilight, Celestia would never become evil.”

Twilight Sparkle was almost crying. “But what if she becomes?”

“She won’t become evil, Twilight.”

Suddenly, they heard a knocking sound. Spike went to the door and saw the two princesses of Equestria. “Princess Celestia! Princess Luna! What are you two doing here?”

“I got the letter from Twilight,” replied Celestia, “and i decided to invite Luna to come here to try to find the time travel spell.”

Spike looked a little unsure. “Come on in, princesses.”

Celestia and Luna entered. Luna rode ahead and Celestia behind.

“Ah. And Celestia.” Celestia looked back. “Could you talk to Twilight? Twilight is still a little nervous about what she saw in the timeline.”

“Of course, Spike.” Celestia walked back. Spike closed the door before following the princesses.

“Spike, how is Twilight?” Celestia looked at Spike.

“Twilight was fine until she saw something that made her scared,” Spike replied.

Celestia was worried. “Could you tell me what made her scared?”

Spike looked a little unsure. “I don’t know if Twilight would want me to tell you. I think she prefers to talk to you alone. ”

“I understand, Spike.”

“Princesses?” they looked ahead and watched Twilight Sparkle run to Celestia.

“Glad you could come. I really need to talk to you.” Twilight Sparkle was crying.

“Twilight, why are you crying?” asked Celestia, worried.

Twilight Sparkle left the hug. “Well princess, I’d love to talk about it now, but can we talk when we’re alone?”

Celestia smiled. “Of course, Twilight.”

Celestia and Twilight Sparkle returned to walk. Arriving where dinner was taking place, they realized that Luna was already there. Luna realized that Twilight was sad. “Twilight? It’s all right?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Luna. “As much as I would like to speak to you, Luna. I prefer to talk to Celestia only. ”

“I understand.” Luna felt a little sad that Twilight preferred Celestia more than she. But Luna sometimes wished she that had somepony that liked her and was faithful to her.

Celestia saw two plates and a pan of pasta. “Did we interrupt you at dinner? Are you upset?”

“Imagine, princess. Your companies would never bother me,” said Twilight Sparkle.

“Twilight, would you like to finish eating before you help us?” Luna lifted a hoof.

Twilight Sparkle looked at Luna. “No, princess Luna. You guys are more important than my dinner.”

“Twilight, you can eat your dinner first. We’re not in a hurry,” said Celestia.

“I know princess. But I always think about others more than myself,” said Twilight Sparkle.

Celestia smiled. “Well if so, could you hand us the time travel spell?”

“Sure princess, but why do you need him?” Twilight Sparkle was curious.

“We’d like to travel to that same alternate timeline you went,” replied Celestia. “Do you know where it are?”

“Yes princess, he is here,” Twilight Sparkle handed the scroll with the time travel spell. “Will you go now? Or will you wait until the next day?”

“We are going now,” replied Celestia.

Luna looked a little insecure. “Sister, do you think we better not wait until day comes? I have royal duties.”

“Don’t worry, Luna. We’ll only be there for a few days. And I’m sure you’ll love it,” said Celestia.

“I hope so,” said Luna.

“Princess, before you go, when you return can I talk to you?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Of course yes.” Twilight Sparkle and Celestia embraced.

As they left the embrace, the three mares went to the throne room. Celestia looked at Twilight Sparkle. “Twilight, how do you activate the time travel spell?”

“Simple princess, just get on the crystal table,” replied Twilight, “and activate the time travel spell.”

“Aren’t we going to break the map, Twilight?” asked Luna, worried.

“Of course not, Luna,” replied Twilight. “Spike had already climbed there and caused no damage to the map.”

Celestia looked at Luna. “Come on, Luna?”

“Yes, sister,” replied Luna.

Celestia and Luna climbed on top and used the spell to activate. Wind began to come and a hole appeared in the ceiling. Celestia and Luna were sucked in and entered the hole.

Celestia and Luna saw several alternative timelines. There was that of King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Flim and Flam, and Tirek. When Luna saw Nightmare Moon’s, she felt ashamed of herself. But then, they went, against her own wishes ended up stopping in the throne room, they were on the ceiling and were falling to the floor, they tried to fly and succeeded. They looked around and saw that the throne room wasn’t red in color but dark blue in color.

“I loved this throne room, Sister!” said Luna excitedly.

“It’s pretty,” said Celestia.

“Beautiful? This throne room is a hundred times better than our throne room!” Luna went to the throne to sit down. “Am I in this timeline the ruler of Equestria?”

“Technically yes, Luna,” replied Celestia. “But know that it isn’t you who rules here, but your self from that alternate timeline.”

Luna looked a little sad about that, but then smiled. “Does the self in this alternate timeline look the same as me?”

“I think so, Luna,” replied Celestia. “I think we better get out of the castle before our versions of this alternate timeline think we’re Changelings.”