• ...
4
 9
 593

Everfree Forest--Walk

I picked a nice spot and sat down, right near the edge of the gorge. I looked down into its rocky depths and nodded, impressed. I guess that's why I liked coming here. It reminded me a bit of... I... wait, what would it remind me of? There's nothing else like it in Equestria. Maybe some trip I took with my parents? Can't remember what that'd be, though, or when.

Just lean forward a little bit more. Please. I can't do this anymore. Let today be the day.

Today. What was today? I didn't have some appointment, or event that I had to attend, right? I didn't think so.

Just a little more. Then it'll all be fine.

Sheesh, this is strange. Maybe I should stop coming to Ghastly Gorge if it's going to be dangerous like this. Yeah, I think I'll do that. It's beautiful and all, but Whitetail Woods would be safer. Or just stop the walks. Relax during my lunch.

It hurts. Just a little more.

Got a lot to do this week. Princess Celestia has been coming by a lot. Guess that makes sense. Twilight is her student.

Lean forward.

For some reason, I began slowly leaning forward. If I leaned too much, I'd go right over the edge to my death. I didn't want to do that, but something told me I should. That I needed to. But that was silly, wasn't it? Ponyville was my home. Equestria was my home. Where I'd lived my whole life. I loved it here.

Just a little more.

I frowned and leaned back. Yeah, that was weird. The small voice in the back of my mind telling me to jump slowly faded until it was completely gone. Hopefully it wouldn't be back. I shrugged and walked away from Ghastly Gorge. Yeah, it was beautiful and all, but, eh, when you've seen the rock eels one time you've seen them a hundred times, right? I still had some time left in my lunch break. Might as well take a short walk through Whitetail Woods.

* * * *

Princess Celestia had already left by the time TD returned from his lunch break. Good. Then I wouldn't have to see him bow to her like he did. For some reason, when I saw the two of them, I began wishing more than anything that he'd just get up and punch her in the face, just to let me know that old TD was still in there and fighting. I let out a half-amused snort and somehow managed a small smile. TD noticed and smiled himself.

"What? What's so funny?"

My smile evaporated, and I looked down to the ground, taking a brief moment to glance up at TD. He was giving me a confused look and tilting his head. I sighed and shook my head.

"You..." I took a deep breath. "You wouldn't get it."

Comments ( 8 )

There's an anthology tag for collections just like this. Also, it's really good to see that Mortality had produced further plot bunnies. I always liked that one.

10067018
Ah, so there is. Fixed.

All of these have been pretty good so far, really poignant to, I liked the Adagio one the most.

No idea if you saw, but you're featured!

sees title,

me: how i learned to stop worrying, and love the bomb,

"What? What's so funny?"

My smile evaporated, and I looked down to the ground, taking a brief moment to glance up at TD. He was giving me a confused look and tilting his head. I sighed and shook my head.

"You..." I took a deep breath. "You wouldn't get it."

i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/617/420/ec1.png

Comment posted by justheretoreadstories deleted Mar 27th, 2020

This makes me wish that Don't go into the Everfree Forest, TD got a sequel. This is great!

Login or register to comment