• Published 8th Jan 2020
  • 1,684 Views, 10 Comments

Elemental of Sun - Crystonian



An ancient ally returns to a peaceful land. What shall he do. Only time will tell.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,684

Chapter 1

I sat there in stone, for over a thousand years. I watched time pass. I've watched Equestria grow over the years under Celestia's kind wings.

I reflect back to on my first imprisonment. Over about two thousand years ago. I sigh silently. I remember the ten thousand years of darkness and anger. Only to come out to see my home. The nation I help raise. The friends I had then. Gone. Either dead or long gone from my home realm.

When I fell into this strange world. I thought it was one of the other realms. I called out for my old friends. But none came. Only monsters.

My first night was hell. Constantly fighting throughout the night. I had wandered through the strange forest I fell in. Eventually, at morning light, I found a settlement. A quaint village and a castle that over looked the village.

I found it strange as I saw, horses, wander in and out of buildings. They were nothing like I had seen before. Never in any of the realms.

I had sat there, looking at the village. Then out of my long, forgotten memories, I remembered a show. A animated cartoon from my first life. Then my eyes had widened at the sight.

They were Ponies. Not horses, ponies.

I eventually wandered into town, hoping that they wouldn't attack me. They didn't, they actually screamed in terror and ran away. I was confused, then remembered how xenophobic ponies were.

I remember walking through the town till I found a tree. I had sat down and waited till the guards came.

What they said eludes me. I eventually was lead to the princesses and from there I eventually became friends with many of the ponies there and the princesses themselves.

I always enjoyed my time with Starswirl and his apprentice Clover. They were like minded individuals and we came up with so much.

Years past as I lived there. Facing threats with them and slowly as time past, I noticed my curse still had its hold on me. One night, I remember, and it was a beautiful full moon that night. I had talked to Celestia and told her of the curse. She was, and I still understand, fearful of me. And extension my curse. But she understood. I told her about it and what I believed could have helped me.

I long ago gave up my quest to find a cure. In general get rid of the curse. To me it showed a mistake I would never make again.

Time continued to pass and my curse slowly to grow, only slightly, since I still had plenty of time till it was suppose to get horribly bad.

Then there was that fucking draconequus. He thought it was a wonderful idea to speed up the curse ten-fold. I was at the beginning of the bad stages. I hunted that bastard across Equestria until the princesses sent me a message telling me they found him.

I quickly teleported to them to find the hell he had created. Well, in my eyes, it still was worse than hell. And I have a friend who's the warden.

We fought him. Our magic against his chaos. My strength, my wisdom, my intelligence even wasn't enough to take him down. Celestia and Luna were forced to rely on the Elements of Harmony. The cocky, egoistical bastard didn't even see it coming.

I can still seem him to this day in that pose. Only meters away from where I sat, on my pedestal in the gardens. I enjoy the small maze they have near me. Dedicated it in my honor. How sweet. It brings a smile to my face. Not tears, I don't have those anymore.

But back to the story. My old mind starts to wander some times.

After Celestia and Luna stoned Discord. I asked to be stoned after. I knew at the time I was too dangerous and we didn't know how the elements worked. Starswirl left with some of his friends a few years earlier and we didn't know were they were. So no help from them. I never did find out what happened to them.

They, reluctantly, agreed and blasted me. Stoning me. I was happy. Relieved in fact. That I was no longer a danger to the world.

It sadly wasn't long after I was stoned that Luna fell. She became a corrupted being. I feared that she fell to that form, even now, because of something she found in my notes. I, even in stone, could sense the dark power, nightmarish power roll off her that night. She had come to me before that. Boasting how much more powerful she was and that when she was done, she'd free me. And that I would not have to fear my curse no longer.

Then she left, never to be seen again. The only thing I felt after that was the blast of the elements. I felt the connection break from both of them after that. No longer would either of them be able to wield the artifacts.

Time past and slowly, nature reclaimed the old castle. I had been abandoned there, in the old gardens by Celestia in her grief. I felt sadness, but I expected this. It wasn't the first time. After that I went into a hibernation of sorts. I didn't wake till over three hundred years later.

A team of ponies came and reclaimed old statues and things from the castle. Relics of the past I suppose. I was lifted out of the forest, which I found out became know as Everfree. A fitting name I suppose, nature, ever free to grow without interference.

I eventually found my way to the garden were I now sit. Celestia came to me a few times. Mostly to stare at me with tears. Never saying anything, only to wander off. I merely sat there, silently comforting her when I was needed.

Nothing changed over the time, new statues popped up here and there. Not many of them were like me and old Asshat over there.

I slowly became bored and thought of going back to sleep. Then a young school teacher started taking her students to the garden. Showing off the statues and their meaning. I was happy that these young foals were eager to learn. About their history, and the art that decorated the garden. A few tried the maze, always energetic going in and tired coming out, physically and mentally. I always enjoyed a small chuckle at that.

Ah...those were the up times. Oh? Miss Cheerilee is here. Must be another year. A new group of young students. I can here their chatter from here.

I smile to myself as they grow closer.

"Ok everyone, we are now heading into the gardens." Miss Cheerilee told the young foals.

They approached my statue, I could see Cheerilee smiling to herself as they approached.

"Ugh. What is that?" A young fillies voice called out. It sounded like a rich pampered brat. "It looks ugly."

Oh, now I want to get out of here and give you an earful about respecting your elders brat.

"Now Diamond. That was very rude. This is a statue of a very close friend of our very own Princess Celestia." Miss Cheerilee said, "Now can anypony tell me what the statue represents perhaps?"

"Ugliness." said the bra-Diamond.

"Intelligence" called a colt.

Not bad kid, not bad.

"Close. But not exactly." Miss Cheerilee said, "Anypony else want to guess?"

"Wisdom." said a young filly pegasus.

"Correct Scootaloo. This statue represent Wisdom." Miss Cheerilee said, congratulating Scootaloo. "Princess Celestia wished this statue to represent wisdom to appreciate the wisdom of her old friend."

Correct and respectful as always Miss Cheerilee. Well done.

"Now lets move over to the next statue." She said, trotting over to Discords statue.

"Now, what do you think this statue represents?"

"Weirdness." One said.

The kids start to spout out answer to what they thought he was suppose to represent. I lost interest. It's Discord. He gets boring after awhile.

Then I heard the cracks. I glanced over and saw cracks start form on his statue. At the foot of it were three fillies. Arguing.

No. No. No no no no...He's going to break. Shit! Fuck! No! Not after all we did to put him away! NO!

I started to get agitated. I didn't notice cracks slowly formed on me. The air around me slowly, not obvious, started to heat up.

Cracks continued to form on Discord's statue. He started to glow and then a flash of light and cracking of stone. He was free.

"Ah. A thousand years can give me such a creak in the neck." Discord exclaimed, cracking and squiggling his entire body.

I mentally dead pan at his try for a reference. Then I felt confused. Reference?

"My my. Look who we have here. The little fire bug seems to be a bit stony don't you think." He said, leaning down to look at me.

'Fuck off Discord' I thought.

"Well that was rude. I'm only saying hello to one of the ones who LOCKED ME AWAY!" He yelled in anger.

'Love you too buddy. So now fuck off and kindly get stoned again. Please and FUCKING thank you.'

"Aw. I'd love too but I have an appointment with a couple of princesses. I originally was going to get revenge on you first, buuuuuuuuut seeing how you are in stone. I think I'm good. Tata" He waved mockingly goodbye as he poofs away to what ever chaos he has planned.

I sigh. Then I notice the cracks.

'Oh ho ho. I think I might be able to fuck you up again Discord.' I inwardly smile. 'Scarab is coming for you Discord. You better be ready.'

I mentally close my eyes and start to focus. I reach deep inward, searching for my fire. My flame. Pushing away the necrotic magic, I find it. I grab it and hold it close.

Outside, flames burst from the cracks. Licking the stone and widening the cracks. Light stream from my statue. Slowly but surely, the stone starts to fall away. Piece by bloody piece. As the last one falls, I stand up, flames licking my being as I stand tall.

I let out a triumphant laugh. Turning towards were I can sense Discord's energy, I smile for the first time in centuries.

"Discord. I, Dr. Bakari Scarab, am coming for you. No more limiter. Flames are out, and its time to burn your scaly ass."

Author's Note:

First Chapter done. Holy shit.

For Those who wish to know what Bakari is. He's a High Sol Elf Artificer. I'm using some things that are completely not DnD. But to know his magic. He uses Necromancy and Pyromancy.
His weapons are a light crossbow, quarterstaff, and dagger. Heavily Egyptian based.

Comments ( 5 )

So far I like it. keep coming up with more chapters when you can.

I really like this, please keep it up bud

I'm currently working on chapter 2. Stay tuned

10154621
Oh, I plan too in the future, but a little too busy with my other stories and life.

Login or register to comment