• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 1,318 Views, 26 Comments

The Hunger Manes - epicdonus1123 BOT

  • ...
16
 26
 1,318

The Tributes

The Hunger Manes-2

"Excuse me, but is there a Scootaloo Dash here?" Two guards, stallion and mare, galloped over to Scootaloo. They grabbed her shoulders and carried her on stage. Scootaloo was bawling and lashing out at the guards; scaring me to death. How in Celestia's name could Scootaloo be picked at her very first drawing? "You seem like a feisty one; the Capitol will love you!" Now, I stepped into the light.

"Stop! Stop, right now!"

"Why must I?"

"Because, I volunteer as tribute!" Mare just nodded at the guards, and the let go of Scootaloo. She came running to me with huge teary eyes.

"Why Rainbow, why did you do it!?"

"Because, I'd rather lose my life than yours!" I trotted up on stage, where I could see everypony; I saw the drunk winner of the Manes in the front. I think that his last name is Fancypants because he changed it when he won the games. Mayor Mare, whom by this time was right next to me, raised my hoof into the air for everypony to see.

"Here is the mare that has sacrificed her life for the games!" Everypony cheered. However, I sacrificed my life for Scootaloo, not the games. "Now, what is your name, dearie?"

"Rainbow." I mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"Rainbow." I spoke out louder.

"Full name, please."

"Rainbow Katniss Dash." Scootaloo and my middle names were named after flowers that Dad had gave Mom.

"Rainbow, you are the first pony to ever volunteer for the Hunger Manes." She shouted in my ear like I couldn't ear.

"Huzzah." I murmured; Mayor Mare faced the audience.

"Now, it's time to pick the stallion, or colt, that will represent District 12 alongside Rainbow!" She trotted over to the stallions' bucket, bobbed her head in, and pulled out a name. She read it out loud.

"The stallion that will represent with Rainbow is....Macintosh Peeta Apple!" I've heard of Mac; he and I used to stumble into each other sometimes. He works on a farm with my, used to be, best friend, Applejack. He was slightly older than me, but I wasn't that young. He reared around the corner, with his red coat all sweaty from working all day. He stood up on the stage right next to me. "Congratulations Macin-"

"Ah prefer Big Mac."

"Okay, Big Mac, congratulations, you are now a tribute!"

"That doesn' seem like somethin' that deserves a congrats."

"Oh well, it is in my book!" I peered at Mare. It's a congrats in her book because she has to give them out. Mayor Mare gives out tickets to slaughter.

Comments ( 23 )

I thought that I could try Crossovers, give me some feed on whatcha thought!

Lulwhat?

Seems legit.

Honestly, when you do a crossover, you have to have the ponies with their own personalities. I'd honestly think that Shining is better off as the main character, that or AJ. Change the original story and bend it to fit the ponies, and the main character doesn't have to win with the secondary character. You can do pretty much anything with crossovers, use it well.

You might want to change the cover pic, too. It doesn't have to be a mockingjay pin, you could do Griffin pins or something.

MAKE STUFF UP! Fallout: Equestria wouldn't be as good without:
A. Balefire
B. Steel Rangers
C. The Ministries
D. Stable-Tec.

The fic doesn't have to stay canon to MLP, you could even do something where the main character is Katniss, but ponified, and her being an Earth Pony makes bow and arrow shooting more difficult.

1115341 It is a crossover.

1115374 No, I just read the story once, and I put it into words.

tis good so far might be the only cross over i ever read keep the chapters coming please.

i dunno, but it IS the hunger games, so it cant be bad, and rainbow is mane charcater, totally makes it better, but i agree withMr. Ignorable, need work on sentence structure, but i do hope you continue anyways :rainbowkiss:

Ehhh, it's okay. Because it's similar to what I'm doing, I'll thumbs you up.

1115374 That's basically what I said...

I like it. Keep it up.:pinkiehappy:

Why is it so fast:derpyderp2:

The wait...IT HURTS!!!

1150844 Sorry, I got 17 other stories to work on, plus I'm making a new one for a contest. My hands/ hooves are full at the moment.

MINE IS BETTER LOLOLOLOL

1574203 What's with all the 1D obsession?

1574212 IDK, I happen t' be on a one direction tumbler, and I found the gifs funny.

1574220 Oh, 1D. They may be gay mindless drones, but they sure are funny!

1574199 REGIDAR STOP BEING A JERK !!!!!!

1703296 DID YOU JUST what the... how do reply to comments so fast.................. no life

1703305 In school. Still, no life.

4785370
Sorry, I said that before I knew that horses were capably of eating and digesting meat.

Login or register to comment