• Published 17th Mar 2020
  • 4,039 Views, 308 Comments

Flash Sentry Chronicles: War of the Lost City - Banshee531



The Lost City of Faust, a place of great mystery. Flash's destiny awaits him here, his friends ready to stand by his side. But his is not the only destiny waiting there. An army of darkness draws near and a war is about to begin. Who will win?

  • ...
8
 308
 4,039

Heart and Soul

Author's Note:

Welcome, to the War of the Lost City. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Flash vs Shadow. Good vs evil. All that stuff. I said before that this was gonna be a long one, so I hope you enjoy it. Let's begin.

Equestria, the kingdom of harmony. Where ponies of all shapes and sizes live together, play together and work together to keep the kingdom happy and flourishing. It is protected by many great heroes, all who risk their lives to protect the ones they love.

The four princesses, who govern over the sun, the moon, love and friendship. The Elements of of Harmony, that help keep the kingdom in balance. And the Royal Knights, brave and noble warriors that refuse to run from any opponent. No matter the threat that attempts to take down Equestria, these great protectors are always there to save it.

But this adventure doesn't begin in Equestria, but in the far west past many great forests, a small ocean that converted into a blistering hot desert and finally over a volcano filled valley. Now a certain group was walking through a peaceful looking valley covered in flowers at the base of a small mountain.

Peace, quiet, not a single sound was ruining this graceful-

"ACHOO!" The serene grace was shattered by the sound of a certain orange pegasus sneezing. He let out a long moan as he rubbed his nose, ruffling his blue mane and tail in the process.

"You okay Flash?" A light blue unicorn asked him as she and a jakhowl walked in front of him.

"I'm fine Trixie," Flash told her as he kept rubbing his nose, "I think I might be allergic to these flowers."

"Maybe you should fly over them like Soarin," Springer suggested while pointing to the blue pegasus hovering above them.

"Or I could cast a spell the shield you from the pollen," Trixie added, "Or at the very least, it'll keep you from sneezing all over-" Flash let out a massive sneeze, his discharge almost hitting Trixie and Springer, "Eww!"

Flash smirked as he rubbed his nose, "Sorry."

The last two members of the group, Ruby Scarlet and Cold Steel, trotted up from behind them. "Enough playing around," Cold growled, "We should not be so lax now that we are so close to our goal."

"Can you blame us for being a little tired after everything we've been through getting here?" Soarin responded while floating down, "Even if we don't find this place, its been one heck of a journey getting here."

"It has indeed," Ruby finished as they thought about the past two weeks. "My back is still sore from those living vines that tried to turn me into a green mummy."

Trixie did a small shrug, "Beats having to cross the ocean on a homemade raft and almost getting sucked into a whirlpool."

Soarin let out a laugh, "Hey, remember when Springer saved that tribe of breezies from those wolves and they started treating him like their god?"

Springer chuckled at this, "I think I was a fair ruler during my brief reign." He turned to Cold, "But remember when you fell into that volcano and we had to save you?"

"Vividly..." Cold deadpanned, shaking his head next, "But that's my point. After everything we've been through, let's not drop our guard since we're so close to the finish line." He turned to Flash, "We are close to the finish line, right?"

Flash nodded back before pointing at the mountain, "The city is on the other side of that. Once we get to the top, we'll be able to see it."

"You sure?" Ruby asked.

"Trust me," Flash turned back to her. "The route is burnt into my brain. Every place we've been is the exact same place I saw in my dream."

Trixie let out a huff, "You think your dream could have given you a few more details on the dangers we'd face getting here."

Soarin did a small nod as he did a barrel roll over the group, "Yeah! Can you imagine what it would be like if somepony was watching this adventure, except they skipped from when we left Canterlot to right here, right now?"

"They would have seriously missed out," Springer laughed.

"That's enough." Cold grumbled as he trotted ahead, "Come on, let's try and get to the top of that mountain before it gets dark." The others nodded before heading to the base of the mountain. There, Ruby used her magic to create a basket like structure that her, Springer, Trixie and Cold climbed into. Trixie then used a spell to reduce the weight of an object, allowing Flash and Soarin lift the basket.

But as they started to fly up the summit, Soaring grunted out, "Couldn't you also use that spell on yourself?!"

"Sorry," Trixie shrugged, "Only works on none living things."

Flash groaned, "You'd think with all the walking we've been doing, you all would be a little lighter."

"HEY!" All but Cold yelled back, the group then seeing the top.

"Almost there." Flash commented as they keep going closer, only to hear a cracking sound. This made them all look down, now seeing the handles they were holding beginning to break. "Uh-oh."

SNAP!

"AAAAH!" The four screamed as the handles broke, the group now hitting the mountainside before sliding down. Flash and Soarin quickly raced after them, only for Trixie to yell, "ROCK!" She pointed to a large boulder coming their way, only to grab hold of the group, "Hang on!" With that, she sparked her horn, encasing the group in a veil of light.

Seconds later, the basket slammed into the rock, shattering to pieces. But as this happened, a blue flash of light appeared behind the rock, the four and their belongings hitting the ground with many groans and clattering of gear. Flash and Soarin then landed as the Knight of Friendship asked, "You all okay?"

"I feel like a rainbow," Springer quipped as his face continued to eat dirt. Trixie got off him and began to dust herself off as the other knights began to put their stuff back on.

And as Cold tried to shove a frying pan inside the bag, he turned to Trixie, "That weight reduction spell. It doesn't per chance, also weaken the structural integrity of what it's used on?"

"Um...maybe?" Trixie replied, "I'll have to double check when we get home."

Everypony but Flash gave her a frown, Cold about to go further until Flash interjected, "Well, we're fine so who cares. We're almost there, so play nice." He then turned to the rest before shining a huge grin, "Race ya!"

"You're on!" Soarin cheered as both landed and began galloping up the mountain.

The others just raised an eyebrow, Ruby turning to them, "They do know they can fly, right?"

Springer did a small shrug, "Knowing Flash, he wants to give us a fair chance of winning."

Trixie put her back on and sparked her horn, "Well, I prefer to use whatever advantage I have." She teleported away and suddenly appeared in front of Flash, spooking him as she turned and ran ahead.

"HEY!" Flash and Soarin yelled, only to look back to see the others gaining ground. The group all soon raced up the hill, each taking the lead at some point. But eventually, Flash was the first to reach the top, coming to a skidding, cheering halt, "Yes!" He hopped up and flapped his wings before looking down to see the prize of being the first one to see the city...only to go wide-eyed.

The rest of the group then arrived, all staring ahead before glaring at Flash as Cold asked, "Where is it?"

They were all now staring at where Flash said the city was supposed to be, only to see a large collection of lava pools of varying sizes. What Flash had seen in his dream as a spring that was the entrance of the city, but instead seemed to just be some boiling rocks that were pouring out a large cloud of steam.

One thing was clear, there was no city here.

"I...I don't understand," Flash whispered while scratching his head, "It's supposed to be here."

"Well, obviously it isn't."

"But everything else is the same," Flash replied as his eyes began to shift around, "Why is this part the only thing that's different?"

"Maybe the city was here once," Soarin suggested. "If it's as old as the princesses said it was, maybe something happened and it was destroyed."

"Wouldn't there be evidence of that?" Trixie asked. "Some kind of ruins or something? I doubt these lava pools could sprout up in two weeks."

"Well...then what do you suppose happened?" Soarin countered, Trixie just shrugging in response.

"I don't know. Maybe...maybe the others were right and this whole thing was a trick to get us to come here."

The others exchanged glances at that suggestion, only for Flash to turn to them, "Hey, let's not jump to conclusions here." He turned to Springer, "Can you sense anypony?"

The jakhowl hopped onto a nearby rock and put his paws together, his ear flaring up as he sent a wave of aura out. Everypony waited with baited breath, only for him to shake his head. "No...I don't feel anything. There's no living thing within ten miles of us in any direction."

"That's...I don't know." Flash responded as he looked back at the lava pits. "But what do we do now? We came all this way for nothing."

"There has to be something we're missing," Springer added as he prepared to jump down. "We'll just keep looking until we-" He didn't get to finish as he suddenly slipped, making him fall over the edge of the cliff into the pools. "Whoa!"

"SPRINGER!" They all yelled, now seeing him begin to slide down the ramp-like slope. Flash and Soarin leapt up before diving down, the others jumping over the edge with a more controlled slide down the mountain. "Hang on bud!" Flash added as he increased his speed.

"Good idea," he summoned a Steel Paw and slammed it into the rock, only for it tear right through, not making him fall any slower. "Or...not."

And as those words left his mouth, Springer now found himself at a curved ledge of the mountain. This acted like a ramp, slinging the jakhowl into the air before dropping straight into the lava. "Not good! Help!"

Flash and Soarin sped up at this sight, about to cover the distance to catch the young defender. But as they got close...Springer vanished. His body disappeared, vanishing before even getting close to the lava. "What?!" Flash and Soarin both pulled themselves to a stop midair, just staring at where Springer had been.

"Uh..." Soarin turned to him, "Can jakhowls teleport?"

"No...no they can not," Flash replied before reaching out, slowly flying down...only for the tip of his hoof to vanish. "Whoa!" He yelped as he pulled back his hoof, the tip returning to normal. The knight could only blink at the sight, Soarin now floating down and doing the same, both seeing their hooves vanish.

"What is this?"

"I'm...not sure."

"Flash!" They both looked up and saw the three unicorns standing on a ledge above them. Both flapped their wings up to their level as Ruby asked, "Where's Springer?! He didn't-"

"No," Flash shook his head before glancing back at the lava pit, "At least...I don't think so?" Before anypony could ask what he meant, he landed nearby the pit and closed his eyes as he asked, "Springer, you there?"

"Yeah," he smiled as he opened his eyes back up.

"That's good. Where are you?"

"I'm...no way."

"What?"

"You've...you've just gotta see it for yourself."

Flash knew he wasn't getting any more out of Springer, deciding to do what he asked as he walked up to the closest lava pit, "Alright...here goes."

They all saw what he was about to do, Cold yelling, "Flash, don't get to close! The heat alone could burn you to-" He didn't finish as in that moment, Flash began to disappear. First his head, then his neck, followed by the rest of his body with his tail being the last thing to vanish.

"What...just happened?" Ruby asked, Soarin laughing as he flew up to the where Flash had been.

"No idea, but it's awesome!" He quickly vanished like Flash, the three exchanging glances before shrugging. And with that, they followed suit.


Flash's eyes were closed as he stepped through the veil, a bright light flashing when his head went through. His skin felt goosebumps as he reached the other side, the defender now feeling his body full form through the portal. His eyes blinked open as the others joined him, everypony now coming to a halt at a new sight. Flash and his friends's jaws dropped, gasping at the sight of the city before them.

Hundreds of buildings stood before them, all big and small. They were made of pure white marble with golden trim around the doorways that also ran up the corners of the constructs. Some buildings stood alone, while others appeared linked together, with most being two to three stories higher while others went as high as ten. The streets were overgrown with weeds and plant life, through none seemed to be close to the actual buildings while the water originating from the nearby mountains was now flowing into a few deep canals.

"Flash..." Ruby whispered as she kept staring at the sight, "Is this..."

"Yeah," was all he could say, "It's the city in my dream."

"Flash!" They all turned to see Springer walk up with a giant grin, "Look at this place! It's awesome!"

Flash shook his head back, "Nevermind that. Are you okay? That had to be some fall you took."

"Yeah, I'm fine." Springer replied, only to tilt his head, "Not sure how though. I ended up crashing into the wall of a building but...it was weird." He turned and pointed at the building, "When I hit the wall, it was almost like I was slamming into a plate of jelly. I just bounced off and fell to the ground, which was also springy. Once I stopped bouncing, the ground went back to normal."

Everypony exchanged glances again, Trixie about to suggest that the city might have some kind of enchantment to prevent injuries. But before she could say anything, Soarin spoke up, "Uh...we got a problem." They all turned to him, the pegasi reaching out his hoof at where they had come in from...only to tap a wall. "I um...I can't get back out."

They went wide-eyed before running over, trying the same thing. "What is this?" Cold asked, "A barrier?"

"Ha!" Trixie laughed, "It'll take more than this to cage the great and powerful TRIXIE!" Her horn sparked before she was consumed by a flash of blue light, that light shooting at the barrier...only to bounce off as she fell over with a thud. "Ow," she moaned as she rubbed her head, "I can't teleport out."

"Perhaps raw power will work." Cold formed a drill out of ice before trying to dig into the ground. But no matter how hard it span, the ground wouldn't crack. "Nothing." he growled before looking up, "Flash, try and fly straight up."

Flash nodded and did so, but only got a few feet up before hitting something. It was the same glowing force-field, though this one appeared to be curved. He flew back down, his hoof holding the shield while going descending, seeing it was some kind of arch-like shield. "Huh. That's a no go there too."

"Interesting..." Ruby whispered before staring straight up. She used her magic to form a crystal bow and arrow, aiming at the central area of the city and firing. Everypony watched as it flew up, going over the highest building in the city, only to bounce off against the same barrier, shattering to pieces. "Seems we're in some kind of magic dome."

"So the whole city's encased within it?" Trixie asked next.

"It appears so," Cold added. "The dome must be some form of illusion magic, making it so that anypony outside it sees it as nothing more than a bunch of lava pits."

"No wonder nopony's ever found it," Soarin commented, "What sane pony would go near lava?"

"Dragons would," Springer pointed out, "They use them like hot tubs."

Cold hummed at that fact, only to cross his hooves in frustration, "True...but then there's the fact that the dome is a one-way entrance. Why would you make a spell like that?"

"Maybe there's something in here that somepony didn't want getting out," Trixie suggested, only for her mind to go to one place she didn't want to go. That being a mental image of a monster trapped within this place.

"But then why would they make it so others could get into the place?" Flash countered.

"Maybe it's how they fed it," Soarin gulped.

"Or maybe so somepony could come in to slay it," Cold added, "Maybe that's why we were brought here. In order to defeat whatever abomination has remained trapped within this city for Celestia knows how long. But if that's the case, why only summon three knights?" He glared back at the others, "Why not summon every knight? I mean, Skybreaker would be much more useful in a battle then a stunts performer."

"HEY! I'm military, just like you! I know how to fight!" Soarin barked back, ready to go into full argument mode.

However, before this could happen, Ruby's ears picked up the sound of a snapping twig. "What was that?" Ruby asked, spinning around like a top as she summoned a small crystal sword. "We're not alone here."

The others got into a battle ready stance, Trixie turning to Springer, "I thought you said you didn't sense anypony for a hundred miles!"

"I didn't," Springer replied before glancing back at the dome, "That shield must have been hiding them from me."

"Who cares!" Flash pulled out his Celestic Gear and took to the skies. "They might know how to get out of here!"

It was here that they now all heard a sound, making them turn to an alleyway just a bit of distance away. Flash turned to the noise, seeing some metal poles fall over by the buildings. "Hey!" He zipped down, the others following as the defender flew to ground level before going through the alleyway. There he began to chase what seemed to be a shadow, the being quickly racing through a few houses. Minutes soon passed as the group began to jump through the buildings, finding they were just barely able to keep up with the figure.

"This is getting ridiculous!" Soarin moaned as they chased the figure into another street, "How are we not able to catch this pony?"

"Whoever it is knows the terrain too well," Cold replied, "Whoever they are, they've been here a while."

"They're over there!" Springer added, pointing to another alley. He had now locked onto the aura, seeing the figure now run out of some tall grass. But as they ran after the being, Springer began to feel the individual's aura, only to find nothing...but fear.

The jakhowl was not able to tell the others though, as Flash zoomed ahead, only to come to a stop at a new house. This one looked different, as it...well kept. Vines and plants were not overtaking it, small flowers planted outside of the building like a garden. He blinked at the sight, now seeing that the walls of the house were covered in pictures, as if somepony had hoof-painted a bunch of smiles, suns and other foal images.

The six soon arrived as well, all standing at the building as Flash turned to Springer, "Is this it?"

The jakhowl did another scan before nodding, "Yeah, and they're not alone. There's somepony else in there." This made the rest grimace, Cold forming a pair of ice swords before starting to make an ice battering ram, only for Springer to jump in front of the group, "Wait! I don't think they're a threat. Their aura...it seemed like they were really scared."

"They're scared?" Flash asked, the others glancing at each other as Springer shook his head.

"I don't know why, but they are. I mean...we did come into their home suddenly after all."

"Makes sense." Flash added as he turned and gestured to Cold, "Put your weapons away. That includes the battering ram."

Cold glared back at him, only to desummon the ice weapons. Ruby did the same with a small crystal sword she had made, Flash then putting Lightbringer on the ground. As he did this, he moved up to the door and said, "Hello? Can you hear me?" There was no answer, "Listen, we just want to talk to you." He looked back at the others, the others slightly backpedaling as they appeared to be a little on edge. Flash gestured to them again, making them stop tensing up before glancing back at the door, "Please, I promise you're not in any danger. My name is Flash Sentry, I'm a Royal Knight from Equestria. My friends and I were asked to come here. Do you know anything about that?"

They waited for almost a whole minute, pure silence gracing the area. But then, the sound of a lock being undone could be heard, the door soon creaking open. The six watched the gap grow larger until the door was completely open, only to see nothing standing in there. Blinking at the sight, they looked down, now coming face to face with the one they had been chasing.

"A kid?" Cold asked.

It was a red pegasus colt that looked to be around same age as Flash's sister Scootaloo. He had a spiky yellow mane and tail with orange tips and wore an orange hoodie that his wings poked out of. His eyes were dark blue and his legs were yellow from his knees to his hooves. He had three cream dots under each of his eyes and he had a large cream colored section that made up his snout, nose and between his eyes. They were all completely taken back by the sight, unable to believe a colt had been able to out chase them.

Flash spoke up first, "Err...hi."

"Hay," the colt replied, his body shaking as he responded.

"It's nice to meet you," Flash held out his hoof. "Like I said before, I'm Flash Sentry." The colt stared at his hoof for a few seconds, only to slowly reach out and take the hoof.

"Heart. Fire Heart."

"Nice to meet you," Flash replied with a big grin, shaking it before noticing something behind Heart, "Is there somepony else in there with you?" Heart looked back over his shoulder, then stepped out of the house.

"Come on. I um...I don't think they're bad." Flash stepped back to the others as they now saw another pony walk outside with Heart. It was a silver coated unicorn filly around the same age as Heart. She was wearing a bulky bluish-purple turtle-neck jumper, her mane and tail being light blue at the top and growing darker as it got longer. Her eyes were the same blue as Heart and her legs started changing color at her knees, going from silver to light blue before being dark blue at the hoof. Unlike Heart, she had a cutie mark that showed a bunch of pink lines that made up the image of a flower.

She slowly stepped out, all but Cold getting a Fluttershy vibe with how she was hiding her face behind her mane. "Oh, isn't she precious?" Trixie giggled as she slowly walked up and leaned over, getting down to eye level, "What's your name?"

"Sh-Sh-Shining...S-S-Soul."

"Shining Soul...what a beautiful name." Trixie replied, "It's very nice to meet you."

"Both of you," Ruby added before gesturing to the others, "We should introduce ourselves as well. I'm the Crystal Knight, Ruby Scarlet."

"I'm Soarin, the best flyer in all of Equestria."

"Bullhonky!" Flash coughed into his hoof, Soarin turning to glare at him.

"I'm Springer the jakhowl. It's nice too meet you two."

"And I'm the Frozen Wanderer, Cold Steel." Cold deadpanned, the two young ponies instantly shrinking back at his demeanor.

"Cold," Trixie nudged him in chest as she saw Soul try to hide behind Heart. "Try and be a little more friendly." She turned back to the two, "Sorry about him. He comes off as mean but he's...okay...somewhat after you get to know him. Anyways, you can call me the great and powerful TRIXIE!" As she said that, she sparked her horn and sent a few fireworks into the air. The others expected this to scare the two, only for both to just go wide-eyed at the loud bangs and bright flashes.

"Wow/ooh..." Heart and Soul whispered until the effects died down, their previous anxieties slowly going away. As this happened, Flash walked back up and kneeled down in front of the two young ponies.

"Well, it was nice meeting you two. If you don't mind, could you tell us where your parents are so we can talk to them?"

A somber look appeared on both faces, Flash instantly knowing that look. But before he could ask, Heart muttered out, We don't...have any parents."

This statement made the others share glances, Cold then asking, "What do you mean you don't have any parents? Are you all alone in this city?"

"Yeah...we are." Heart turned back to the house, "Do you all wanna come in? We've got some food and drink if you're hungry." He and Soul then walked inside, the others sharing only last look before following.

The house was only one story, a small table inside with two chairs in one corner with another corner having a shelf with two books on it. The third corner had two boxes, one pink and one blue with a bunch of different toys and art stuff in the pink one and a bunch of action figures in the blue. In the last corner was a large cupboard while two hammocks hung from the ceiling. The back wall was covered in tally marks, going all the way from the ceiling to the bottom.

"This is where you live?" Ruby asked, Heart and Soul nodding. "It's...quaint."

"Why don't you live in one of the bigger houses?" Springer asked while sitting down on one of the two chairs.

"We thought about it, but um...they just felt too...empty. This place might not be big, but neither are we." She moved over to the cupboard, "Would you like something to drink?"

"What do you have?" Cold asked, only to see Soul smile before opening the cupboard and showing it was completely empty.

"Everything you could possibly want." This made them all raise an eyebrow as they saw her shut it, "Strawberry milkshake." It was then that some light seeped out from the gaps of the door, lasting several seconds before dying down. Soul opened it up after this, the cupboard now showing a glass with the drink she had asked for.

"No way..." Trixie gasped as she saw Soul grabbed the drink in her hooves and suck it up through the straw. "How...how is that possible?"

"No idea," Heart replied as he went up and shut the door. "But it doesn't just do drinks. Watch this," he chuckled as he said, "Chocolate bar." The light appeared again before dying down, Heart opening it up to reveal the treat he had asked for. "See? It makes anything you want."

"Incredible..." Ruby whispered.

Trixie hummed and shut the door, "Ice tea." The light appeared again, only for the unicorn to start pulling on the door, "Ha! Open up-" She tried to say, only to feel find that the door wouldn't open. "Huh? Hey! Come on!" She tugged at the door with all her strength, but it wouldn't budge. Instead, the light died down, only for her magic to give it one last pull before swinging open and slamming her in the face, "Ow!" she moaned as she rubbed her nose before looking inside and seeing the drink she had asked for.

"Yeah..." Heart bit into his chocolate, "We've tried that and the same thing happens. We don't get it, and I think the cupboard doesn't want us to know."

Trixie growled at this and took her drink out, everypony ordering some beverages as well before sitting down. Flash was the last to get his drink, sipping on it while looking up at the tally marked wall. "What are those?" He asked, the two young ponies grimacing at the response they had to give.

Heart was the one to answer, "That's...the number of days we've been trapped in this city."

Yet again, the older ponies gasped before looking up at the wall as Soarin asked, "How many days is that?"

"Counting that many could take hours," Cold replied, only for Flash to chuckle.

"Allow me," he shut his eyes and opened them back up to show they were completely white. The young ponies gasped at this sight, only for Ruby to pat to their heads.

"Relax, he's fine." They watched as Flash's head shifted from left to right, his mouth moving despite the face that no words were coming out.

"What's he doing?" Heart asked.

"Counting. He's using Theta Mode. It's a skill he has that let's his brain move super fast." Soarin replied, the statement making Heart's eyes go wide before looking at Flash in awe.

"That's cool! Does that mean he becomes super smart?!"

Trixie let out a laugh at that, "No, he's still as dumb as a rock. It just makes everything appear to move in slow motion for him."

It was here that Flash stopped counting, his eyes returning to normal before panting as he looked back at the two, a look of pure shock on his face. "You...you've been here for one thousand and sixteen days?!" The others went wide-eyed at the number, now turning to the tiny ones.

"That's almost three years!" Cold added, "You've really been here that whole time?"

They both nodded in unison, both squirming in their seats. Heart then muttered out, "Yeah...we've been here for a long time."

"Long is an understatement." Flash replied, "Does that mean your parents weren't here for that long?"

"We um...don't really remember much about who we are or where we come from," Heart continued, "We've just...kinda always been here."

Soul nodded in agreement, "Before then, all we remember is...dreaming. We dreamt the same dream, where we were playing together in a flower valley. It was just constantly that, jumping around and playing. Then, we woke up in the middle of this city."

"And you don't remember anything before that?" Trixie asked.

Heart shook his head, "Nothing. The only thing we remember is our names, and that we were twin brother and sister...and our age and birthday. Everything else is just a blank."

"That's some weird convenient facts." Soaring commented as Ruby motioned over to the two.

"That must have been really hard on you two," Ruby said as she kneeled down to their level, remembering how similar her foalhood was on the streets of the Crystal Empire, "So...you started living here all alone?"

They both nodded, turning to the cupboard. "Every house here had one of these," Soul went up and patted the wooden box. "When we got hungry, it glowed and we found food inside."

"Over time, we found this place and decided to live here."

"So where'd you get all this stuff?" Springer asked as he went over to a box, picking up a solider action figure.

Heart shrugged at this, "They just kinda...appear. We'd wake up and find them on the table."

"Huh. So you've been here for three years?" Flash asked as leaned back in his chair, the two nodding at his question before he asked another: "And in that time, you spent your days painting, playing with dolls and reading the same two books over and over?"

"No," Soul moved over and picked up one of the books, "This book is special." Flash took it and saw the cover was blank, opening it up to see the same was true with the pages. "Now say the title of a book."

"But its blank."

"Just do it and watch."

"Ookay." Flash replied before rubbing his chin in thought, "Um...how about Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone?" Seconds later, a light appeared on the cover, the glow etching words into it. When it was over, the title Flash had just asked for was on it, his hooves opening it to see the pages were now filled, becoming a word for word print of the story. "No way."

"It also works with comics," Heart smirked as he took the other book and opened it up. Everypony saw that a Power Ponies comic had been printed onto the pages. "Pretty sweet, huh?"

"I'll say," Springer added, "If Twilight saw this, she'd be drooling."

"Who's Twilight?" Soul asked back.

"She's my girlfriend," Flash responded, "Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship."

Soul's eyes went wide hearing this, "You're dating a princess?" Flash nodded, "A real princess?" Again, Flash nodded. "Doesn't that make you...like a prince or something?"

"No, it does not," Ruby interrupted before Flash could get a big head.

Heart raised an eyebrow at this, "But if you're dating a princess, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at her big castle, getting waited on hoof and wing?"

Flash rolled his eyes at that, "Okay first off, I don't do that. Twilight doesn't have any servants or anything."

"Though most ponies would probably say Spike's one," Springer cut in.

"Secondly, we're here because...because I was summoned here." This got two looks of confusion from the two young ponies, Flash turning to look out a window into the city. "Somepony or something told me to come here."

"Who?" Soul asked.

"We don't know," Cold replied, "Flash has never met them."

"But then how did you know they wanted you to come here?"

"I had a dream," Flash responded, his words making it sound like was the simplest thing in the world. "Two weeks ago I had a dream that showed me travelling from my home to here, showing me the ponies I had to bring with me."

"And you just...trusted it?"

"This isn't the first time I've had a weird dream that turned out to be true," Flash replied while looking down at the two with a big smile, "After a while, you get used to trusting these kind of things." The look on Heart and Soul's face showed they thought he was nuts, Flash chuckling as he continued, "Just trust me on this one."

Soul then hopped in place as she went over Flash's words again, "Wait, did you say two weeks ago?"

Flash nodded back, "Yeah, that's when I had the dream. Why?" They all turned to the kids now as he asked, "That time frame mean anything to you?"

Soul's eyes shrunk as she stuttered out, "Oh, uh...no. It's just...that's a long time to be walking just because of a dream." Their eyes narrowed at her response, making her turn away before walking back to the cupboard, "So um...who wants another drink?" She shut the door, "You must be really tired and thirsty if you've been travelling for two weeks."

The others decided not to press her, except for Cold before Ruby shot him a glare. They then watched as she opened the door and pulled out an ice tea for Trixie, only to take the saucer in her mouth and clumsily try to carry it without spilling the drink. When she was about to trip, Trixie caught the cup in the magic and pulled it over, "Thank you, but why didn't you just use your magic? It's much easier than doing that."

They saw Soul look up at her horn, a look of fear almost appearing on her face. "I'm...not very good at using my magic."

This made Trixie and Ruby share a glance, only for Cold to chime in, "Makes sense. If she's never had anypony teach her how to do it, it wouldn't be easy. But even so, you should have figured out how to at least levitate things with trial and error."

Soul just shrugged, Heart hugging her as they tried to look away from Cold now staring at them. Trixie then drank half her tea before putting the rest of the table, "Well anyway, we should start searching the city. See if we can't find out why we were summoned here."

"Hate to ruin your fun, but there's nothing here." Heart chimed in. "I should know, I've spent the last three years exploring this place. The only unusual thing that's ever happened is a strange wolf creature that suddenly fell from the sky."

"Well let's go talk to that wolf creature," Springer replied, "Where do we find it?" He then saw the others all staring at him, only to facepalm, "Oh. You were talking about me."

"Like I said," Heart went on. "There's nothing here that could possibly be of interest to you all."

"Well there is you two," Flash added, Heart and Soul turning to him in confusion. "Maybe whatever called me here wanted me to come find you two and bring you both back to Equestria." This made everypony go wide-eyed, the two especially shocked before he pointed at them, "Honestly, wouldn't you rather live your life around other ponies? Ones that can teach you to control your magic and play with you when you're bored?" The two looked at each other, having a mental conversation as the rest gathered around Flash.

"You sure that's why we were brought here?" Soarin asked.

"If there's nothing else in here, it has to be them."

"But then why call the rest of us?" Trixie added.

"Maybe it's because we're the only ones that can break through that shield?" Springer suggested. "I mean, what if it requires each of us to do something only we can do to get through it?"

"That sounds like you're reading too many of those neighpanese comics Springer." Flash commented, getting a glare from the jakhowl.

"Hold on, he may have a point." Cold chimed in before pointing to the door, "However, I believe we should still take a look around this city. There must be something else here."

"Can't disagree with that." Flash finished as they all nodded in agreement before turning to the younger ponies, "Mind showing us around? It beats having to wander around aimlessly." Heart and Soul both nodded as well, but as they started to get up, Flash suddenly tensed up, "Huh?"

"What's up?" Soarin asked, all turning to him as the orange pegasi began to stare at the ground, "Flash?"

"I'm...not sure." He suddenly felt it again, a mild rumbling sound that came from the ground and vibrated through his hooves. Flash knelt down and put his ear to the ground, waiting several seconds before hearing it again. A loud banging sound was now making the ground shake, almost like something heavy was slamming into it. "What in the..."

"Flash...what's wrong?" Ruby asked as Flash stood back up before staring at Trixie's half drink tea, the others following his sight. Before anypony could ask, they began to see liquid in the cup start to move.

"Something's coming." Flash raced out the house before anypony could respond, the pegasus quickly taking to the skies and flying up to the closest high building he could find. He landed on the edge of the roof, glaring out at the city.

"What's wrong?" He turned to see Heart had flown after him, but his wings were having trouble holding him. He reached the edge of the roof before his wings gave out, though only his front hooves had caught the side. "Whoa!" He cried as he tried to push himself up, Flash acting fast and scooping him up in his tail before pulling him up, "Thanks."

"No problem," Flash added as he started looking back at the city.

"So uh...what's up?"

"There's another part to my dream," Flash said with a long sigh, "Me and my friends weren't the only ones in it."

"What do you mean?" The colt asked, only for both to turn to a new sight. In the distance was a sudden burst of light, all coming from the outside of the dome. The two stared at that area as the others were teleported onto the roof thanks to Trixie, allowing the group of eight to stare at what was coming through the shield.

It was an army, made up of many different creatures. Some they knew, like minotaurs, manticores, bugbears and many more. All of them were much larger than the ones they had seen previously, some towering as high as some of the buildings. There were also hundreds of smaller ground forces, many appearing humanoid and carrying different weapons.

Everypony gulped at the sight as Cold spoke up, "I think there's more to us coming here than just collecting these two."

"I think you might be right," Flash replied as they now saw what appeared to be a giant woolly mammoth walk through the shield. Atop it was what appeared to be a large black metal box, which was strapped to its back and had the distinct look of a castle-like structure. And as Flash stared at that box, he felt a strange uneasiness inside him.

"What do you think that is?" Trixie asked, only to get a one word response from Flash.

"Trouble."

And as the mammoth moved inside the city, the large box stayed stationary. Inside the structure were six pony-like figures standing around a throne, all bowing with their heads to the floor. And on that throne was a dark gray unicorn that had blood-red eyes that matched his mane and tail. His body was covered in bright red scars, all that looked very old and deep.

The unicorn smiled as he look through the box's window, getting up and stepping out onto a balcony to overlook the area around him. "This city." He looked back at the six others with him. "It's secrets...will be mine."