• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 1,543 Views, 100 Comments

Infinity Train: Bookworm - luckyboys121



After missing the bus to Camp Everfree, Twilight makes her way to nearest station to catch another one, but instead catches a train.... or perhaps it caught her.

  • ...
2
 100
 1,543

Ocean Car

As Twilight sat on the beach finally regaining her senses, she let out a sigh saying, "Alright... I'm not sure what that last car was testing, and frankly I don't care. I'm just glad they had the decency to make this water somehow help despite it not logically being able to dissipate spicy foods."

Spike chuckled as he said, "Well I'm glad it worked... though you did drink A LOT of water, and I don't see a bathroom nearby."

"Actually I don't need to go which is... odd," said Twilight before she stood up as she rubbed her hand on her chin in thought saying, "Come to think of it I haven't had to go to bathroom at all since we got here, and more than that I haven't felt hungry or tired or... anything really."

Spike blinked as he said, "Huh, come to think of it I haven't either."

"Well of course you wouldn't feel any of those things Ms. Twilight we all feel empty inside here," said One One.

"Wait, what do you mean?" said Twilight.

"Oh it's simple really, you haven't had time to feel any of those things since hardly any time has passed since you got on the train," said One One.

Twilight's eyes widened as she checked her phone while Spike chuckled at that as he said, "Seriously dude, it's been at least a few hours... maybe even a whole day."

"Um, Spike," said Twilight as she held up the phone towards the dog as he looked with a smirk, only to have his jaw drop.

"Is... is that?" said Spike.

Twilight nodded as she said, "It's only been a few seconds since we last checked the time, not only that but my battery percentage is at the same level, and the message to Sunset still says 'sending'."

"How... how is that possible?!" said Spike.

Twilight simple sighed as she said, "Well I suppose if this train can bend space it would only be logical it can bend time... well not quite logical but AHH! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!"

"I don't know what you mean?"

"AH!" cried Twilight and Spike as they turned in surprise to see a blob of water with a face suddenly standing next to them with a smile.

Before they could process this they heard another voice say, "Excusez moi, but I don't appreciate you distracting my customer when I'm about to close a sale."

They all turned to the voice as they where greeted to the sight of a cat in a blue vest and red tie walking up towards them from behind the water man.

The three looked at the cat as it simply sighed saying, "Go ahead freak out, 'ah talking cat' très typique," as she rolled her eyes.

"Actually it's not that big a deal," said Spike with a shrug.

The cat stared wide eyed as she began circling around Spike saying, "So it would seem," as she quickly moved around as she soon was right up against Spike sniffing him.

"HEY!" said the dog as he jumped back

The cat simply grinned though as she said, "And you're not a denizen like me either... intéressant." She soon turned to Twilight as she said, "I'm assuming he's your pet then."

Twilight slightly jolted as she said, "He's my friend," as pet never felt like a good word after they started being able to talk to each other.

The cat rolled her eyes as she said, "Ah you're one of those owners then... little piece of advice, never forget he's an animal. If things get too rocky survival instincts kick in and he'll be gone in a flash."

Spike growled at her as he said, "That's not true! I'd never abandon Twilight!"

The cat simply chuckled as she said, "Of course you would," before looking off as she mumbled, "After all... I did," while looking off in the distance for a moment.

Twilight looked down at the cat in irritation as she said, "Is their anything else you need, besides insulting my friends."

The cat turned towards them, ready to make a snide quip, but paused as she caught sight of the third member of this little group, "Oh, who's this now?"

The robot approached her happily as he said, "Hello, I am One One. And, are you my mum?"

"Mother... très intéressant," said the cat as she approached him.

Before she could get too close though Twilight picked him up saying, "Hold on there One One, I don't think she's your mom."

"Indeed, she's much too furry, or maybe not furry enough," said One One.

As Twilight began to walk away the cat jumped in front of her as she said, "Hold on there kitten, I think I can help you."

Twilight stared down skeptically as she said, "How?"

"Well you see, I'm not just any denizen of this train I happen to be a confidant of the conductor himself," said the cat with a small smirk.

Twilight slightly raised her eye brows at that as she said, "Oh really?"

"Indeed, and in our recent talks he happened to mention a robot he lost that bears quite the resemblance to that little fellow there... if you help me bring him to the conductor, I might be able to convince him to just go ahead and let you off the train now," said the cat.

"What about my number?" asked Twilight.

"Aucun problème, you're a smart girl... I'm sure whatever lesson you're supposed to learn isn't that important," said the cat before looking at Twilight as she said, "So what do you say kitten, ready to take the easy way?"

"Well... no," said Twilight simple.

"Quelle?" asked the cat in shook. "But... why?"

Twilight walked forward with One One in her arms as she said, "Well firstly One One is my friend and while I'm still relatively new to friendship I do know you don't just give your friends to rude strangers."

"Well said Ms. Twilight I was kind of curious at where she'd take me though," said One One.

Twilight smiled down at him before she continued on saying, "Secondly I've never taken the easy way, especially in a puzzle. Thirdly... I can literally see the door to the next car embedded in that hill there," as she pointed to the door. "And finally you said the conductor was a he, when clearly the're a she."

The cat lurched back as she said, "How... how did you know that?" as she thought "It took me forever to find that out with that freaky robot suit she wears."

"Simple, One One's looking for a mom, not a dad," said Twilight.

Spike followed behind her as he pumped a paw in the air and smiled saying, "That's my girl, figuring this all out in a snap."

"Wow you really are a good person," said the water creature as it suddenly appeared in front of Twilight before it continued saying, "Would you like to be my first licensed Doughnut Holer salesman," as it moved a pipe towards Twilight. "Just press this into anything and it magically becomes a doughnut."

Twilight stared for a moment before shrugging as she said, "Sure... why not, it could come in handy later," as she took the pipe and put it in her backpack before saying, "Thank you."

"No, thank you," said the water before it moved out of the way, and let Twilight open the door.

"WAIT!" cried out the cat. "You're going to regret not taking my offer!"

"I doubt that," said Spike with a smug smile.

Twilight nodded as she quickly checked her number, seeing that it was the same as she thought, "Makes sense, I didn't exactly learn anything new here."

As the trio left the car the cat stared in disbelief as she said, "She's so cunning, so loyal, so... much like him." The cat sighed as she laid down on the ground saying, "I wonder what ever happened to you Simon."

Author's Note:

Decided to post a quick chapter in this to try and get the ball rolling again (to that end, I'm sorry to say that I will no longer be taking suggestions for fan cars as I'm going to try and have it be more taught and story driven to get to end I planned)

Also I know that it was confirmed in book 2 and 3 that the train has no time dialation effects like this, but I first came up with this story after watching book 1 and that was kind of integral... yeah it is what is it is. Speaking of books 2 and 3 since as stated this story was written before them don't expect anything of the Apex beyond a breath mention I can fit in here of there.

Anyway yeah, thanks for reading, hope you like it, any constructive criticism is welcome, have a great day.