• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 2,002 Views, 50 Comments

Brief Glimpses - An Anthology - Ezn



A collection of pony stories about all kinds of things that are too short to get their own posts.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,002

Trixie Lulamoon: VOICE OF A GENERATION

Trixie Lulamoon: VOICE OF A GENERATION

With a tinkling sparkle of magic, Trixie pushed her dark glasses down her snout. "WHAT YOU WANT, FOAL?!"

The small white unicorn quivered beneath her, holding an autograph book up with to Trixie with shaking hooves. Out of the bottom corner of her eye, Trixie saw that the unicorn was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of her on it. Somepony was getting sued later.

"I-I've got a quill here too," the unicorn said meekly, her underdeveloped telekinesis struggling to lift a garish yellow feather from where it had fallen on the ground.

"SAVE YO ENE'GY!" Trixie slammed her head down, cutting into the foal's autograph book with her horn. She twisted up, back, left, right, and in a circle. "FREE O'CHARGE!"

"Th-thank you, ma'am," the foal gasped, looking like she was going to faint.

"AIN'NO THANG."

***

Two days later, Trixie's tricked-out automatic carriage crashed into a lamppost just outside the Canterlot Academy of the Musical Arts, its engine smoking. Flashing the crowd a winning grin, she leapt from the wreckage and rolled across the red carpet. The carriage exploded behind her, showering the crowd with broken bits of wood.

"HOW Y'ALL DOIN'?" she shouted at the crowd, leaping to her hooves. "I'M HERE FO' MY AWARDS."

The crowd went wild, cheering for Trixie and booing the haters. There was a lot more booing than Trixie had expected, but she put it down to an increase in hater population. Somepony was getting sued later.

Trixie entered the building and took her seat near the stage. She'd have to be right near the stage, seeing as how she'd be taking home a lot of awards. Somepony could get real tired, going up and down those steps and carrying all those trophies, she thought. She'd tried to negotiate with the organisers to have her seat put on the stage, where she only had a short distance to walk, but they'd said no.

She'd been cool about it though. They wouldn't be saying no anymore when she collapsed from exhaustion and sued their flanks.

Trixie whipped out a bottle of something good to amuse herself with while the ponies around busied themselves with the boring, pointless awards she didn't qualify for. Why did they even have those?

***

Time flew.

"...and the award for best rap album goes to..."

Trixie sat up, eyes wide and ears alert. She quickly tossed her now-empty liquor bottle into the crowd somewhere.

"...Sweetie Belle! For her excellent debut, 'I Am A Dictionary'!"

Seeing red, Trixie dashed onto the stage, reaching the podium before whoever the hay this "Sweaty Bull" was. "WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS?"

"Uh, Miss Lulamoon, c-could..."

"MISS GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE LULAMOON, THANK YOU!"

"M-Miss Great?"

Trixie knocked the podium over, making the meek announcer pony jump in fright. "'MY GREAT DARK TWISTED POWER FANTASY' SHOULDA HAD THIS AWARD?! DID Y'ALL READ DA REVIEWS?!"

"I-I don't –"

A wooden board creaked on the floor of the stage, and Trixie turned to see the intended recipient of the award, Sweetie Belle – who was the little unicorn she'd given an autograph to days earlier.

Sweetie Belle waved. "I-I'm really happy for me getting this award, but 'My Great Dark Twisted Power Fantasy' is the greatest rap album of all time!"

Trixie grinned, showing all her golden teeth. "AWW YEAH!"

Author's Note:

Why did I write this? (Blame Stillmatic, of the /fic/ StoryForge.) Obviously, this "fic" was written with POWER on loop.

"Feelings are the only facts."