• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 8,890 Views, 546 Comments

The Great Equestrian Foam Sword Fight - crimsongraph



The time for ponies of Equestria to hit other ponies over the head with blunt objects has come.

  • ...
16
 546
 8,890

Chapter 4: Of harps and feathers

-({Ponyville park} 2:05 P.M)-

A rather angry looking lime green unicorn slowly trotted at a begrudging pace back to the center of the park. With the trap Pinkie pulled on her, it had unexpectedly sent her flying into a tree. The good news was, she landed on top of it and was safety cushioned by many rather pointy sticks. The bad thing was that the tree also happened to be a few feet tall.

It was also the moment Lyra realized she had a deep fear of heights.

Were it not for her phobia, she would have quickly returned to the battle and helped defeat the elements. Being completely oblivious to the events that transcribed at the battle, she rather casually walked in. Not expecting anything brutal, she quickly took a fighting stance and looked around for the four ponies.

The universe seemed like it was a good day to ruin Lyra's mood. All around the lime green unicorn, hundreds of pony bodies littered the park. With the occasional murmur of bananas and often groans of pain, it was truly a gruesome sight. Welts colored the coats of almost all the ponies, as the once colorful variety of coats had turned a light purple with the bruises caused by an unknown foamy weapon.

With the realization of defeat dawning on her, she froze in shock. If those mares managed to defeat their mob/crowd/army, then they also would have managed to defeat somepony dear to her. The mare that was always close to her heart, the one who would always be there for her in her time of need.

Their defeat meant that Bon Bon was also defeated, and could be anywhere. With fear quickly gripping her heart, she set out and began to frantically search for her household companion. With each new pony she saw, their wounds grew worse. The coat coloring grew darker as she slowly approached the supposed center of the battle.

What lay in the middle only served to confirm the unicorn’s fears. Clear of pony bodies and lying quietly and motionless was Bon Bon. From Lyra's point of view, she could easily see an abnormal amount of purplish welts. With tears forming in her eyes, Lyra slowly made her way to her companion.

"Bon Bon... Is that you?" she barely managed to hold back a sob at the sight of her. When the cream colored mare heard her name, she ever so slowly opened her eyes. The look in her eyes still held a deep fear of something, a fear of something that no mortal should ever see.

"Lyra...?" was all the sound the poor mare could muster. As soon as she finished her sentence, a series of heavy coughs soon overtook her. With seeing the sight her companion was in, Lyra quietly collapse on her legs, and let out a small stream of tears.

"Who...who did this?" she managed to choke out, her amber eyes mixing worry and hatred. Bon Bon quickly saw the anguish in her eyes, and slowly, but painfully, raised a single hoof to comfort the lime green unicorn. At the gesture, Lyra slowly regained composure and became calm once again.

"It doesn't matter, what is important right now is that you must defeat the elements... my time has come, and I'm afraid I don't have long to chat," was all the weak mare could sputter before another series of coughs came.

"Bon Bon, hold on for a bit longer... I still have one more question..." Lyra managed to say through a sea of tears that now freely flowed down her coat. Without a word, she slowly moved her muzzle closer to the cream colored mare. The green colored unicorn paused for a few seconds, as the tension began to build in the air.

A few seconds passed, as Lyra was no more than a few centimeters from the cream mare’s muzzle. As the tension reached its peak, it was soon shattered by the voice of Lyra.

“But… but Bon Bon, you don’t understand. You can’t go, if you do…” her voice trailed off, before quickly resuming the sentence. “If you do… then who will make my daily bon bons?!”Lyra barely managed to speak as another round of sobs quickly muffled any coherent sentence. The mere thought of not having her daily delicious desert was the sole reason for the waterworks.

-({Somewhere in Ponyville} 2:10 P.M)-

Suddenly, Sweetie Belle felt as if she was deeply needed somewhere. It was almost like she needed to scream something out, but she could not figure it out for the life of her.

“Sweetie Belle! Stop standing around and start beating, cutie marks don't earn themselves!” screamed Scootaloo, while mercilessly pounding a grayish amber stallion with an oddly proportioned foam sword. Apple bloom was somehow managing to pin down the grown stallion with an hourglass cutie mark.

"Hurry up Sweeite, ah wanna have mah turn too!" Apple Bloom piqued up, still somehow managing to hold the stallion in place.

"Sorry girls, I just had a feeling somepony needed me for a moment," Sweetie Belle finished, and quickly picked up her foam sword and once again begun to beat the stallion senseless.

"Why does this hurt so much?!" the poor pony's screams when unnoticed as the adorable fillies continued to brutally beat the pony.

-({Ponyville park} 2:13 P.M)-

Bon Bon just sighed, and with a monotone voice stated, "There are some left in the fridge at home, those should keep you full for a week or so." With Lyra's worries laid to rest, the waterworks immediately stopped and the lime green unicorn's mood drastically improved.

"Well why didn't you say so earlier? You have no idea how much that means to me Bon Bon, I truly am lucky to have such a great friend," Lyra finished her compliment with a great hug. Imagine the look on Bon Bon's face as she received the hug. She was so happy, tears of joy streamed down her muzzle.

Oh wait, those are tears of pain because she is bruised all over. My bad.

Anyways, with the might bear hug over, she could finally rest in peace. Barely able to mutter banana, Bon Bon fell into the realm of the unconscious. All of which went unnoticed by our suddenly happy unicorn, who pranced along to feast on the delicious treats left at home.

-({Lyra and Bon Bon's residence} 2:20)-

After a few minutes of happily prancing and dreaming about chocolate, she had finally reached the bakery/home they both shared. Sure, it wasn't as great as sugar cube corner, but it still produced top notch chocolate treats. The most famous ones being Bon Bon's delicious bon bons.

Realizing she was incredibly close to tasting the delicious confections, Lyra quickly sped up and began to fumble around with door handle with both hooves. After an astounding five seconds, Lyra realized she possessed magic and the wooden door violently swung open.

What lay inside could only be described as horrifying to the lime unicorn. Inside their home was a chocolate slaughter. The sweet brown substance lined the walls and there was an abundance of grey feathers for some reason. That truly caught her attention was the rustling that occurred in the house's kitchen. Peeling her amber eyes away from the delicious crime scene, Lyra noted that the culprit was still in the vivacity. Frantically looking around for anything foamy, her eyes settled on the conveniently placed sword that lay in the middle of the room.

Armed with a weapon of destruction, she ever so slowly moved into the area the criminal occupied.

"Stop right there, criminal scu- hold on a second," she paused, squinting hard in the dark kitchen. The only light source present was the faint light emanating from the kitchen’s refrigerator.

With a small flare from Lyra’s horn, the kitchen illuminated in a dazzling display of green. With the new source of light, she could now make out more detail about the culprit.

"Much better, now where was I? Oh yes. Stop right there, criminal scum! You have violated the laws o- Derpy?" true to her word, the thief was none other than the slate grey pegasus. What was even more horrifying was the fact that chocolate stained her muzzle and crumbs littered the pegasus's mouth.

With a calmness that nopony could match, the clumsy pegasus looked up from her feast. She quickly moved her eyes back down to it. And once again back up, before finally arriving at a conclusion.

"Hey... this isn't Carrot top's fridge."