• Published 26th May 2020
  • 500 Views, 0 Comments

Wave Race By The Beach - Lonely Fanboy48



Rainbow Dash and Princess Twilight enter a Wave Race competition that's much bigger then the one they had back at the cruise.

  • ...
1
 0
 500

The First Summer Activity

The bell of Canterlot High has rung for the final time before Summer vacation. All the students ran outside with all the freedom they have until September. However, there are seven girls who are still inside the school. One of them who needs something from their locker, as their athletic friend is preparing her first activity of her vacation.

“I got to say, it’s going to be a wonderful Summer vacation for all of us.” Rarity commented.

“So...what are we going to do first?” Pinkie wondered.

“I was thinking we should all go to the beach together.” Human Twilight offered.

“Good idea.” Sunset added as she arrived at her looker. “After completing all of my essays and pop quizzes, I definitely need a full day of relaxing.”

Sunset took a deep breath, still feeling the stress of doing all of her homework and studying to make her grades perfect. She can only imagine how things could get worse next year. She opened her locker to take the remaining supplies she has inside, and where her journal from Equestria is sitting.

“Do you know where Rainbow Dash is?” Fluttershy asked.

“She’s in the girls locker room to get her swimsuit.” Sunset answered.

“Well I can tell she’s ready for surfing huh?” Applejack smiled.

“Actually, she’s going to do something else.” Human Twilight replied.

“Something else? Like what?” Rarity asked.

The Rainbooms had no words about Rainbow’s plans for the summer. As Sunset took out her journal, she closed her looker as they all headed to the girls locker room where their alethic friend is at. When they enter the locker room, they can see Rainbow Dash putting her swimsuit in her bag from her now old locker.

“Rainbow Dash?” Applejack called. “Did you forget to get your swimsuit again?”

“What? At least now my swimsuit isn’t stuck in here until September.” Rainbow retorted.

“Okay but I have a question.” Human Twilight walking up to Rainbow. “What are you going to do for the summer?”

“I’m still going to hang out with all of you.”

“Then how about going on the beach to go surfing on the waves?” Pinkie guessed.

“Actually yes, but no to surfing. Did you even hear what’s going to happen on the beach next week?”

“Not really.” Sunset replied. “Sorry I had so many exams to keep track on.”

Rainbow Dash reached into her backpack and took out a flyer. The flyer had seven jet skis in the centre with two people on each jet ski. “There’s going to be a jet ski race where fourteen people, including myself are participating.”

“You mean the same kind of jet ski race back at the cruise, except it’s on the beach?” Fluttershy blinked.

“Yes, it’s the same people who made this concept.”

“Yeah I remember I became the flag woman during the race.” Rarity refreshing her memory.

“I think it’s actually fantastic that this is going to happen since it’s been a year.” Human Twilight smiled. “So who’s your partner going to be?”

“I haven’t found one yet. The race is going to be much bigger than the one from last year.” Rainbow putting her backpack on. “But I will find one before next week.”

Rainbow went past her friends so she can head home for the day. As her friends follow from behind, they head outside by the statue.

“Rainbow, before you leave, there’s something I want to know.” Sunset said. As Rainbow took the time to wait, all the other Rainbooms headed back home. “Were you thinking of offering Princess Twilight to be your partner again?”

After hearing Sunset’s question, Rainbow liked the idea, but she isn’t going to have her princess spend another day without performing her duties.

“I would, but in all seriousness, can we please give her some time out of this?” Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“Rainbow, I understand she’s busy, but did you even remember the time she jumped off of your watercraft?”

Rainbow remembered just before she and Twilight past the finish line. The way Twilight jumped in the air with a splash was one of those moments no one saw it coming.

“I guess you're right. If she was the one controlling the watercraft, I would have done the same thing if I was sitting on a throne in Equestria.”

“You can say that again.” Sunset smiled.

“But even if she would accept my offer, she might be off with the new ideas in the race.”

“What makes you think that?”

“Read the flyer.” Rainbow handing her flyer to Sunset. “Unlike the last race where it’s short and had three laps, the race for next week is long and has five laps.”

Sunset became surprised once she saw the rules of the race. Not only that, the track is going to have some obstacles that might be questionable upon knowing.

“Wow, this looks...unique.” Sunset making an awkward smile.

“That’s only half of what the track is going to be. Since there’s seven teams, they want the track to be challenging.”

“Don’t you think this is a little extreme?”

“We compete in a drag race in the Friendship Games, the ocean isn’t going to hurt me.”

The two girls laugh at each other at the fact they’ve been through crazy situations in their lives. “Well I guess, even without magic, anything is possible.” Sunset gives Rainbow back her flyer.

“Yeah but I think I should have someone else to be my partner.” Before Rainbow could leave, Sunset grabbed her arm.

“I know you're trying to do the right thing but if you really think about it, Twilight can handle obstacles in Equestria. Whatever it’s saving her land or doing her daily work, it won’t be a problem with her.”

Rainbow took time to process what her friend is trying to do. She knows full well that Twilight along with her friends in Equestria went through a lot that she doesn’t know about. Other than her counterpart she misses a lot, she can only imagine what the Princess of Friendship would feel about this.

“Sunset.” She spoked. “Instead of writing a message, why don’t we go to Equestria and talk to Twilight?”

“Sure.” Sunset smiled. “Besides I sometimes do that when I’m in a mood to be a pony.”

“Thanks, she might be in the castle after the day she had in Ponyville.” Both Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer head through the portal to make another offer for their princess friend.