• Published 3rd Jan 2020
  • 1,096 Views, 14 Comments

Wedding Day Chaos - Autumn Jade



Fluttershy and Discord are finally ready to tie the knot! However, both of them are as terrified as they are excited!

  • ...
3
 14
 1,096

Romantic Chaos

Author's Note:

Just some FlutterCord to brighten your day! :heart:

"I'm not ready for this…" Discord sighed as he stared at his reflection in the mirror. He was dressed in a white tuxedo with a pastel blue bowtie. He held a worried expression on his face as he thought about what was to take place within the next few hours. He was to get married to the mare he had been with for seven years now. This mare had saved him from his own insanity multiple times, given him friendship when he had none as well as show him that he wanted it, and given him the love that he never realized he so desperately needed in his life. However, the thought of a mare as beautiful as she was. She had eyes that shone in the starlight, hair that gently flew in the breeze, skin smooth and soft as silk, and a heart as pure as gold. Indeed, to him, she was absolutely perfect.

Then there was him. He was a Draconequus. A beast of multiple animals fused into a single creature. He saw himself as an abomination, a hideous creature that didn't deserve the love from the angel that Fluttershy was. Yet, she told him every day that he was perfect for her, that she would love him and only him for the rest of her days, and this wedding would be the day she was to swear her love to him forever.

So why did he still feel nervous? Applejack told him he would have pre-wedding jitters, but he didn't expect them to be this bad! He sighed again as he sat on the chair in his dressing room. He hoped Fluttershy was more ready for this than he was. It wasn't that he didn't want to marry her, but he was simply afraid that he didn't deserve her. His brain told him every day that he didn't, and at this moment, he was starting to believe it. Every muscle in his body was screaming at him to leave Canterlot Castle right then and never look back, every muscle except his heart, which was the only part of him saying that this was the right decision and that things would turn out right in the end. He looked at his reflection again and frowned, he closed his eyes and released a shaky breath, "I hope she feels better about this than I do…" He muttered as he continued to wait for someone to fetch him for the ceremony.

✧༺♥༻✧

Fluttershy was taking deep, short, hasty breaths as Rarity adjusted her wedding gown, "Are you sure it looks alright? Is my mane done right? Discord is still here isn't he?!" Her panicking had the other girls shaking their heads. They understood why she felt the way she did, but at the same time, they knew some it was simple pre-wedding jitters that would go away as soon as the ceremony began.

"Everything is going just as planned, darling. You just need to take a deep breath. Yes, you look absolutely stunning, your mane is marvelous, and Discord is waiting for you in his dressing room. Everything is alright."

Rarity's words seemed to calm the shaky pegasus down a lot more, "Alright… alright… everything is okay," Fluttershy said to herself as she took a deep breath, and allowed Rarity to finish fixing her gown. She smiled when she saw her reflection. On one hoof she was extremely excited for the day ahead of her. She was preparing to marry the stallion of her dreams! Well, he wasn't technically a stallion, but she loved him nonetheless. He always took care of her when she was sad or needed comfort that nopony else could provide for her, he loved her unconditionally, he never failed to make her smile, he had worked his tail off to reform and change for the better, even if it took a few lessons to get him to do so completely, and of course, while not many others saw it, she believed that he was incredibly handsome, and she wouldn't ask him to alter his appearance for anything.

"I hope he's ready for this…" Fluttershy said as she turned toward her friends.

"I'm sure he's fine. Even if he does have butterflies in his stomach now, they'll go away as soon as he sees you walk down the aisle," Princess Twilight assured as she placed a hoof on her friend's back.

"Alright… I hope so…"

✧༺♥༻✧

Discord stood shakily at the end of the aisle. Twilight stood closest to him, ready to perform the ceremony, Rainbow Dash was behind him with Spike, while Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie were standing across from him where they would be behind Fluttershy. He took a deep breath as he looked toward Twilight, "This is a good idea right? She wants to do this right? She didn't leave, did she? Should I have left?"

"Calm down, Discord. This is definitely the right choice. She loves you, and she's had just as bad of pre-wedding jitters as you have."

"Was that supposed to make me feel better?" He retorted.

"Well, it should bring you comfort that you both want this day to be perfect."

"Well… Still…"

"Alright, it's starting!" Rainbow cut in, a smile on her face as the door opened, and the Cutiemark Crusaders walked out, being triple flower mares that tossed flowers around the aisle as they walked.

Once they finished, Discord looked up; his mouth dropped in awe as Fluttershy entered the room and looked at him with the sweetest smile covering her face. Her hair was curled and pulled up in a loose bun. A golden tiara adorned her head with a beautiful white veil flowing behind her. Her dress was a radiant white with a shiny gold trim and a sweetheart neckline. Her hooves were covered with golden horseshoes, and she had a golden necklace around her neck, which was bare at the moment, ready to accompany the wedding ring she would soon receive.

As Fluttershy walked down the aisle, she could not take her eyes off her lover. Once she reached him, she placed her hoof in his claw, and the two stared lovingly into each other's eyes as Twilight began the ceremony.

"Mares and gentlecolts, we have gathered here today to celebrate the union of Fluttershy and Discord…"

The rest of the speech went unnoticed to the couple, they continued to stare into each other's eyes, neither of them having a care in the world. It wasn't until they came to vows, that the spell of their romantic aura was slightly broken, but only for the moment, of course.

"Discord, do you take Fluttershy to be your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness, and in health? Until death do you part?"

"I do."

"And do you, Fluttershy, take Discord, to be your lawfully wedded husband? In sickness, and in health? Until death do you part?"

"I do!"

"May I have the rings please?" Twilight turned to Spike, who happily held up the pillow holding the wedding rings. Lifting them up with her magic, Twilight held the rings in the couple's reach, who happily took them. Fluttershy went first, sliding the golden band onto Discord's left ring finger, and Discord followed suit, attaching Fluttershy's ring to the necklace around her neck, "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss."

The two didn't hesitate to join in a sweet and passionate kiss, causing the wedding guests to applaud. Not that the couple noticed, they were so involved with their embrace they didn't even notice the Sonic Rainboom erupting outside behind them. At that moment, everything was absolutely perfect.

Comments ( 12 )

Short and sweet. Just right

10016129
Glad you thought so! I was afraid it was too short. :)

10016131
no the emotion is just right any more would have cheapened it

Very cute story.

:moustache: Well there goes guys night out... Ka-blewie
:duck: How's a couples night out?
:moustache: really?
:yay: Of course Capt. Wuzz would want you on his little adventures
:pinkiehappy: couples? can I come as a triple?
:duck:?:fluttershysad:?:moustache:?:twilightsmile:?:rainbowderp:?
:pinkiesmile: I have a Cheese Pie in the oven...
:twilightoops::rainbowlaugh::raritystarry::yay:
:pinkiecrazy: We all can be triples . . .
:facehoof: Big Mac & Sugar Belle
:eeyup: Can't forger the Sir Biggums

10016140
Also very true, haha.

10016969
You're very welcome.

Not bad, though I didnt find it great. But I like the idea, was thinking of making my own wedding of these two.

Login or register to comment