• Published 2nd Jan 2020
  • 2,922 Views, 60 Comments

Heirs of Grogar - Israel Yabuki



When the malicious demon ram resurrects Princess Celestia's newborn son from death, it's up to the young prince to prevent a worldwide catastrophy.

  • ...
14
 60
 2,922

The Time For Talk Is Over

Author's Note:

Another chapter is ready. Follow TheShadowKnight on his fimfiction for helping me with a job well done in writing this chapter with me. And as always, thank you for your patience and support and remember to stay tuned for more and remember to keep bronying on

Some time after Sunset alerted the girls of the shocking news about Eternal, they rushed over instantly with Rainbow Dash being the first. Fluttershy came second and brought Daris with her, because her parents were at home. Pinkie arrived after her, then came Twilight and Rarity and Applejack in that order.

The girls were immensely shocked at what Inferno saw Eternal do and more so with the kind of power he possesses. "This is crazy, how can he have Grogar's power? In fact, how come he never told us about this?" Rainbow asked.

"Think about it, Dash. Would you want to tell your closest friends you have demonic powers? If so, how do you think they'd react?" Fluttershy asked. "Inferno holds a grudge against Grogar and his demons, so showing off those powers in front of him must've made him feel like he's the enemy now."

"An' this is just a lil' off-topic, but why didn't ya tell us you were Inferno Blaze all along? Ya could've saved us the trouble, we know Twilight has a pony counterpart," Applejack pointed out.

"HEY! You try hiding your identity in a different world for 2 weeks. Besides my counterpart left this place, so showing my face around town will bring suspicion.” Inferno explained.

"Fair point," AJ said.

"Eternal must be scared out there on his own. The poor deary is probably thinking about how careless his actions were, wondering in the vein of hope that none of us know. Is there any way that we can help?" Rarity asked. Just then, Sunset's book started to glow.

She opened it up and read what Twilight wrote. "Sunset, Celestia has the answers you're looking for, but she wants you to come back to Equestria so she can tell you face-to-face. There are some others who know about Eternal's "situation," but they haven't said what it is." as Sunset read this out loud, the other looked confused.

"Girls, I'll be back. I'm heading off to the statue," Sunset said.

"I'll accompany you, too," Inferno said.

"No, it's better if I go with her. You still have a job to watch over Eternal and if Celestia sees you without him, it won't help you keep your freedom. Besides, you and him are friends, right?" Starlight pointed out.

"You do have a point. I'll stay here while you girls head back to Equestria. If I find him, I'll try and talk him out of this mess," Inferno said.

"Then it's agreed. And when I come back I'll text you all to regroup back at my house," Sunset said, determined.

"Right!" the group agreed in unison. And so with their game faces on, they all left the house with 6 of the girls and Inferno scattering to search for Eternal once again. Starlight and Sunset run back to CHS where the broken statue was.


As for Heat Blitz, the young man was over at his aunt Luna's house, putting up the finishing touches on his new prototype nano-suit, which was a black body suit with neon blue lights connecting to certain parts of the suit. Unlike most bodysuits, he made sure to add flexibility as well as maneuverability. While working on finishing his suit, his aunt Luna walks in with a sandwich on a plate and places it on her nephew's work table.

"You've been working hard, Heat Blitz. Perhaps you should take it easy and give this project a little break," Luna implied.

"How can I even rest when my life is threatened by an evil being from another dimension.” Heat said as he then yawned in exhaustion. "If I rest now, I'll be an easy target."

"You'll be an even more easy target if you keep fighting off the urge to sleep. You'll be drained and helpless to fight off whatever's coming after you," Luna said. Again, Heat let out an exhausted yawn, now knowing that he does not have the energy to add anymore modifications to his suit. So he has no choice but to call it a night.

"Okay, you win," Heat said. He put down his tools and started eating his sandwich quickly. Once he was done, he got up from his desk and slumped down on the bed. Luna chuckled at his exhausted state, kissed him on his forehead and said goodnight to him before leaving his room to leave him with his needed rest.

Heat lays comfortably on his bed, waiting to fall into a deep slumber. As Luna heads back down to the living room to relax, she then hears a knock on the door. She signs and goes to answer and see who it is. "Who's there?" she asked.

"It's Twilight. Celestia said Heat would be here," Twilight replied from outside. Luna opened up the door and saw her student. "Hi Luna, sorry to disturb you at this hour. But I was hoping to find out if Heat was okay and if I could talk to him."

"That's very kind of you to ask, Twilight, but I'm afraid Heat is currently resting upstairs. For weeks he's been working on some sort of project upstairs without sleep. Just now, he's worked on it for 72 hours straight. I'm afraid he won't be waking up anytime soon." Luna explained.

“What is he working on?” Twilight asked.

“I have no idea, I usually don’t poke around in what he’s doing; makes me feel like some kind of a peeping Tom.” Luna replied.

"Always a vice-principal with principles," Twilight nodded, respecting Luna's decision.

“Indeed, but I also think of myself as the favorable aunt and more fun than my sister.” Luna said with utmost confidence.

"Hehehe, you're not lying about that. Well, when Heat wakes up, could you tell him I stopped by to check up on him?" Twilight asked.

"Sure. You be safe on your way back home, Twilight," Luna said. She then closes the door and as Twilight is about to leave, suddenly, there's a loud rumble, making her lose her balance. Twilight also heard the sound before she even made it a feet away from the house and immediately rushed back to the door, fearing for Heat’s safety.

Luna had already rushed upstairs towards Heat's room. "Heat Blitz! Heat Blitz, are you alright?" the vice-principal called out. Twilight ran upstairs with her and opened up the door. They gasp in fear to see Heat Blitz missing and a giant hole in the wall. "Oh no! No! NO!" Luna shouted.

"What happened here? WHERE IS HE!?!” Twilight shouted with a worried and fearful expression on her face.

"Let me go! LET ME GO!" Heat shouted from outside.

"Stop squirming, mortal," a demonic voice replied. Then there was a type of thud sound and Twilight had no choice but to investigate. She harnessed the magic within her geode before flying out of the hole in the wall. At the corner of her eye over to the right, she gasps upon seeing a type of demonic soldier in dark violet and black armor holding onto Heat by the back of his neck. This demon soldier had a punch mark on his cheek and was flailing to get free.

"Heat Blitz!" Twilight shouted. Twilight flies over and uses her telekinetic powers, separating the two from each other, then tossed the demon soldier down to the ground. She slowly set Heat down and checked up on him. "Are you okay?"

"I think so. I… couldn't hold him off," Heat said, still completely exhausted.

"And it's only just beginning," said the demon's voice. Twilight and Heat turned towards the soldier, who was on his feet and not a scratch was on him. "Master was right to have us wait in the shadows and let your fatigue do the work. You've saved us a lot of trouble. And since you've only got your girlfriend to back you up, this should be easy."

"G-Girlfriend?!" Twilight asked, blushing.

"You... have no right… to insult… Twilight like that!" Heat said, barely able to keep himself on his feet properly. With a burst of adrenaline, he charges at the demon soldier.

"Heat, no! It's too dangerous!" Twilight shouted, chasing after him. Heat, despite his exhaustion, was too fast for Twilight to catch him. And all too quickly, the soldier swatted him away with a swift swing of his backhand. Heat was sent flying against a wall with a solid thud. Heat collapsed from the attack, small drops of blood leaked down his forehead.

“HEAT!!” Twilight called out to him, having worry cloud her mind. But there was also another emotion that immediately filled her conscience; rage. "I'm gonna make you pay for what you've done to him, you MONSTER!!!" Her geode sent her powers coursing throughout her body, her magic now increased tenfold.

The demon paid no attention to Twilight's rage and walked towards the unconscious Heat. But soon he’s gotta regret even moving an inch towards him, as the demon is then caught in a magic aura before he could reach out for Heat. He tries to escape Twilight’s grasp but strangely, her magic was overpowering him. He then feels his body slowly beginning to feel like he’s literally being crushed. Twilight’s hand curls into a fist, showing that she was crushing him with her magic. But killing this demon wasn’t her goal, she realizes she needs to tend to Heat. She then lifts the demon from the ground and then with a swift move, she hurls him far away from the area, he was airbourne for about a minute until he lands into a pond with a loud splash.

After a few minutes, the demon resurfaces from the pond, with a small fish caught in his mouth. He spats the fish out of his mouth and then groans with disbelief. “Me and my big mouth.” he said with annoyance.

With the adversary out of the way, Twilight checked on Heat's condition. Blood was still running down his face, but it looked like his wounds closed up. Twilight's injured friend woke up, groaning from the pain he felt earlier. "I'm sorry, Twilight… I just… wasn't strong enough."

"Don't talk, Heat. I'll get you back inside. Luna!" Twilight shouted, using her powers to levitate Heat off the ground and brought him back inside Luna's house. The vice-principal saw Heat's condition and gasped. She ran over to him, worried for her nephew's condition.

"What happened to him, Twilight?" Luna asked.

“He was attacked, but we need to worry more on tending to his injuries.” Twilight replied while she was searching for a med kit. After searching through closets and cupboards, she finally found the med kit and took it back to tend to Heat.

"I couldn't… protect you… or myself… I'm… I'm a failure," Heat said, feeling down.

“Don’t say that! You’re not a failure, you tried your best and that’s all that matters.” Twilight assures him.

"Let's face it. They're not gonna stop coming after me for whatever reason. Maybe I should just let them capture me. It's not worth putting your lives on the line," Heat said, giving up on himself. Twilight was worried about him even more. She's never seen him this down since the incident with her and Timber. But she wasn't gonna give up on him and she knew just the guy to call for situations like this.

"No, Heat. You're worth fighting for. If I can't get to you, then maybe a good friend of mine can," she said, getting out her phone and dialing the number. She waits for an answer and then hears a familiar voice on the other end.

"Hey, Twilight. What's up?"

"Hi, Halo Knight. Listen, I need you to come over to Luna's house. Heat's in a very bad situation. Think you can give him some words of encouragement?" she asked.

"Well, I don't know, I mean, it's late and…" Halo Knight said.

"Please, Halo. Heat's been targeted by some… strange people and he's giving up on himself, wanting to let them capture him. You've got to talk some sense into him," Twilight begged.

"Sounds serious. Hmm… okay, I'll head over there as soon as I can." Hearing Halo finally agree gave Twilight some comfort.

"Thanks, Halo. I promise you, I'll make it up to you somehow," Twilight said.

"No, don't. I'm just here to help. That's what friends do. See you soon," Halo said before hanging up. Twilight hung up, too and sat down on the couch, sighing.

"What's this world coming to?" Twilight asked herself.


Meanwhile back at the entrance to CHS, Sunset and Starlight both made it to the statue. Sunset and Starlight both stepped through the portal and traveled back to Equestria. On the other side, they wound up in Twilight's castle where the one and only Princess of Friendship was waiting. "We got here as soon as we could. Is Princess Celestia here?" Sunset asked.

"Yes. She came here a few minutes before you did, so everyone is accounted for. Right on cue, Princess Celestia showed herself as she stepped inside from behind the door.

"Princess, what's going on? Why does Eternal Flames have demon powers?" Sunset asked.

Celestia sighed and looked at Sunset with grief in her eyes. "It all started on the night he was born into this world. He was just a normal unicorn foal. But all too quickly, he stopped breathing. I couldn't bear to have my son die in my arms. I begged and pleaded for him to open his eyes, make a sound, anything. And… my prayer was answered, but sadly, it was no guardian angel who rescued him from death."

"What do you mean?" Starlight asked.

"My son… was resurrected by Grogar. He stole his soul back from him and injected him with his own demon blood. For almost 18 years, my son has lived a cursed life. His demonic powers were growing increasingly stronger with every year that passes. Recently, though, he's been waking up in excruciating pain. I'm not sure if I made the right decision to save my child from death at birth," Celestia explained.

"Y-You mean… all this time when he said his time was running out, he…" Sunset asked. She was shocked beyond belief.

"I'm afraid so, Sunset. At the devil's hour, he will be taken from me and transformed into the next demon king of the Shadow World and the world will plunge into darkness," Celestia said, tears running down her cheeks.

Sunset and Starlight couldn’t believe what they had just heard. All this time, Eternal had demon blood in his veins ever since he was born. And now, by the Devil’s hour, he’ll be forced to become Grogar’s heir; his tool to bring darkness upon their world.

“Is there something we can do to save him and stop Grogar?” Starlight asked.

"I wish there was a way," Celestia says.

"There is a way," a female voice echoed throughout the room. The girls looked all around the room and found no trace of any pony present. But soon, a bright light shined in the center where two figures made themselves known. Harmony, the goddess and next to her, Death.

"Harmony? What do you mean "there is a way?" And is that…?" Celestia asked.

"Yes… I am Death. But there's no time to waste. Your son does have a way to be saved, but time is running out," Death said.

"How do we save him from Grogar?" Starlight asked.

"The one he cares deeply about can save him. If he and his significant other are to love each other and seal their bond, Grogar will have no choice but to allow him to be free and keep his powers in the process. If you choose to fight him as a group, there's a high chance of success. With his bell destroyed, Grogar's life force is deteriorating. Which is one of the reasons why he gave your son his blood. However, if Eternal does not earn love, he will not only become the new king, but also give Grogar a new power source, plunging the entire world into darkness," Harmony stated.

"What? That's it?" Starlight asked. The two divine deities nodded. "Sunset, this is it! Eternal can finally be free!"

"Hang on, I thought Grogar was gonna take my son without question. The only way he'd ever risk something like that is if… you made a deal with him!" Celestia said in a dark tone. "What did you promise that fiend?!"

Harmony and Death look towards each other in dismay before turning back towards the ponies, giving them an answer they were not prepared for. “Our wager was if Eternal and another soul would find love with the ones who would share that love in return, Grogar would release his grip on Eternal and remain in Tartarus for all eternity. But if they don’t, Grogar will not only take Eternal, but also the other chosen that we had wagered… Heat Blitz from the human world.”

Sunset couldn't keep her anger from exploding. "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU RISKED HEAT'S NECK IN THIS AS WELL?! IS THAT WHY THOSE DEMONS WERE COMING AFTER HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE?!"

"Do you realize how much damage you've done to that poor boy's life? He had his house torn apart, demon hellhounds almost killing him in the process and now he's forced to have to move into his aunt's house because of all that! You should be ashamed of yourselves!" Starlight scolded, getting up in their faces.

Death spreads his wings, slamming his scythe against the marble floor, and towering over the ponies that accuses them. “Nopony… Ever… Speak to us that way and survive.” Death said in a grim tone. “So I suggest you all show us respect! Besides, these events would never have happened if Eternal’s soul were to remain at rest and not in the hooves of a demon!"

"So you're saying his life was a mistake?" Starlight asked, unfazed by Death's intimidation.

“No… I’m saying that his soul would have found peace and remain pure, if not for Princess Celestia selling his soul to Grogar in order to resurrect him!” Death stated.

"I was praying for an angel to save him, not a demon! And who are you to judge me when you've probably never even had children to begin with! You have no idea what's like for a parent to have their own children die in their hooves!" Celestia scolded. But unbeknownst to the princess, her rebuttal triggered something in Harmony; that she had kept hidden for a millenium.

Harmony’s horn flared up with magic energy and her wings ignited with her magic aura. “DON’T ACCUSE US OF WHAT IT’S LIKE TO HAVE CHILDREN!!!! CAUSE I HAVE, BUT INSTEAD MY OWN CREATIONS LOCKED AWAY MY LOVE FOR 12 CENTURIES AND THEN ACT LIKE THEY DID NOTHING WRONG!!! WELL OF COURSE YOU DID, YOU WORTHLESS, HEARTLESS BRATS STOLE AWAY MY CHANCE OF EVER KNOWING WHAT IT’S LIKE TO LOVE SOMEPONY WHO LOVES ME FOR WHO I TRULY AM AND NOT FOR WHAT I'M CAPABLE OF!!!!! I GUESS YOU PESTS WOULDN’T KNOW BECAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE ALONE!!!!” Harmony shouted, in a Canterlot voice that was a thousand times more powerful than all 4 of the Alicorn Princesses combined. Tears poured from her eyes before she teleported away while nopony expected.

“Harmony!” Death calls out to her, but she’s already gone. The Grim Reaper growls in rage before turning towards the ponies in the room. “Congrats…” He snarled. “You just shatter her already broken heart.” Death then ignites his horn and teleports out of the room in order to find his love. Leaving the two alicorns and two unicorns alone in Twilight's research room.


After the commotion that went down on the street, Heat was resting up in the living room with Twilight and Luna watching over him. As he was napping, Heat was in a void, thinking to himself about this whole mess. "Why… Why me? What did I do? Did I hurt someone? Was it some sort of grudge I was holding against someone or… what?" he asked himself. He kept wondering why he was being targeted, wandering around in an empty white void.

"Who could possibly hate me so much to want me to end up in the hands of demons?" Heat asked again.

"Perhaps we can explain why." a female voice answered. Heat stopped in his tracks, looking around to find where the voice came from. He knew he was dreaming, so nothing would surprise him in the slightest. Soon, two figures appeared before him. One was a woman with velvet white skin and purple hair. The other one had a black robe over his entire body, so he couldn't see his face, but he had a scythe on hand.

"Who are you?" he asked calmly.

“I am Harmony, the goddess of Life and Creation.” The woman replied.

“And I am Death, otherwise known as the Destroyer of Worlds and Father of Reapers.” The hooded man spoke as well.

"I see. And you said there's a reason why these demons are coming after me? What could it be, did I hurt someone?" Heat asked.

"No, as far as we can tell, you're a very kind young man who only wishes to help others. The ones who are at fault here… are us," Harmony said shamefully. Heat tilted his head in confusion from this statement.

"I don't understand." He said in confusion.

“You see, young man. You’ve heard of the demon lord that has hunted you down for awhile.” Death said. Heat nodded in reply, and so Death continued his explanation. “You see… an innocent soul from another world - a counterpart of your brother - has been placed in a terrible fate many years ago. One that has tainted and tormented his soul. Harmony and I had enough of the boy’s suffering and demanded Grogar to release his grip on him and cease his assaults on our world… and yours.” Death explained.

Soon Harmony continued explaining the rest. “So we struck a wager with the demon lord; that the two souls are able to find love with the ones who share that love in return, Grogar would set the cursed soul free and halt his attacks against many innocent lives. But If the two souls are unable to find love, Grogar would claim the two souls for his own gain…. And one of those souls… is yours.” She finished explaining.

"So… I'm just part of a deal you made with this demon lord because of my older brother's counterpart being cursed?" Heat asked. "I… had no idea. But if that's what's happening, why haven't the demons attacked him?"

"That's mostly our fault. He made this demon lord promise not to go after him or send his own minions or it'd break the deal,"

"Oh no… what do I do? I'm not strong enough to take down a demon lord, let alone a whole entire kingdom of demons. How did this curse even happen?" Heat asked, worried.

“Your brother’s counterpart died after he was born, and thus your mother’s counterpart wishes him not to pass into the afterlife.” Death explained. “So in desperation, she prayed to whoever could save her child from my grasp. And soon an evil had answered her prayers and resurrected him, but at the cost of his soul.”

"I… I see. And I assume it was my brother's counterpart's time to die when he was born. I don't blame Celestia for being so grief-struck about him like that… but I also don't blame you either. It might not be a pleasant thing to do, but you were just doing your job. I'd be upset if I lost my brother at birth, too. To want grief is natural. I can tell you're not evil, just… misunderstood," Heat Blitz said.

Death and Harmony were quite surprised by the young human’s words, in fact they’re shocked by his personality. There was no hate, no resent, just words of forgiveness.

"1,200 years of false imprisonment and one soul other than Harmony believes there is more to me than meets the eye," Death said. "Why do you not hate us?"

"You might be a reaper, but there's always been a sense of grief each time you collect souls. It pains you to do your job. However, for me, death is a part of life. We can try to hide and run all we want, but it always catches us in the end. Plus… Harmony shows a great deal of love for you and sees the exact same thing within you: A lonely being who's always been feared by all. But back to more serious matters regarding the deal. Will the deal only work if both me and my brother's counterpart share love with our destined ones, or just one of us?" Heat asked.

“It has to be both of you, or otherwise Grogar will claim both of your souls. And since now his generals have seen that your friends will watch over you and keep you out of his grasp. Grogar will take extreme measures in order to claim Eternal’s soul and yours.” Harmony stated.

"But if he tries to come after Eternal, that'll break the deal!"

“Yes, but with your friends’ interference, Grogar knows that the wager no longer means anything to him. Soon he, along with his servants and his army will come to your world and take you and Eternal by force.” Death said.

Heat's position was becoming more dim, but that only brought out the spark within him to want to lend a helping hand once more. "Then it looks like I have no choice. I have to help him. But I'd like to ask you both something in return," he said.

“Anything.” Harmony said.

"After all of this is done, will you help me find my real older brother? The one who went missing for almost a month?" Heat asked.

“We will try.” Death replied.

"Thank you. And I promise to let the others know of the good you two possess. You have my word on that," Heat replied with a calm, warm smile.

The two cosmic beings can’t help but feel absolute gratitude towards this mortal, he’s beyond different that the ponies back in Equestria.


Meanwhile, somewhere in the dark streets, Eternal was laying in wait in a dark alleyway, awaiting the day when the infamous demon lord, Grogar would come to claim him. He also couldn't bear to live with the guilt that he was deceiving everyone, including Sunset and his new friend, Inferno Blaze. Now he's most certain that he'll come out and destroy him now that he knows he's a demon.

"Some prince I am. Perhaps it was better for me to have just let Death take my soul. This cursed life is no life worth protecting if others are getting hurt in the process. Oh well, at least no one's around to get hurt," Eternal rambled on silently to himself.

However, the silence broke to the sound of large wingbeats. Too large for a bird to be making. Then, he heard what sounded like metal footsteps like medieval armor boots. And something about this made Eternal's skin crawl. "The boy has got to be here somewhere. I can sense it," a demonic voice said. "There's no sense in hiding from me, boy. I can sense your presence. Either you come with me, or the ones you care about will die."

Shouldn't have said that. Right away, Eternal's eyes changed from blue to demonic red in a matter of seconds and popped out in the middle of the street. He was now face-to-face with his demonic foe. His aura was brimming with darkness and bore fangs. "You stay the fuck away from Sunset and my friends… if you wish to keep your head.” He growled.

"Your threats… they do not sound empty, nor do they feel like it. Such an attitude is worthy of our master to deem you the next king. You will make a fine leader. But I have no time for mere pleasantries right now. For I was informed by my master to take you with me back to him," the demon said calmly.

"You think I'd let you take me to that monstrosity after all the years of torment he's put me through after he resurrected me? Sorry pal, but I think I’ll pass.” Eternal stated.

"What a shame. Then I have no choice but to take you by force," As the demon gets into a fighting stance, he draws out a sword and enchants it with his own demon aura. Eternal assumes his own stance, shrouding his arms in dark demon aura. His eyes filled with his own bloodlust, wanting to end this monster here and now.

"And it's a shame your master is too cowardly to face me head-on," Eternal growled in a demonic voice. His fingers transform into demon claws. They don't break eye-contact, just stand in wait for the other to make a move. Then, by the sound of a black raven cawing, both fighters charge at each other.

The demon makes the first move by swinging his sword upwards diagonally. Eternal leaped out of the way to the demon's left side, spinning his entire body, increasing the speed of his entire momentum effortlessly. Eternal leaps, using back to his feet, using his hands, and charges back at the demon at full force.

Eternal slams his body against the demon, staggering him back until the two smash into an unoccupied building, then tossing him out the window and onto the streets of town. Eternal climbs out of the shattered window and pounces on his fallen enemy, delivering hard punches towards his face several times. The demon then grabbed one of his fists and back hands Eternal off of him. The demon delivers a knee kick to Eternal's face, knocking him back against the wall.

But he doesn't take this lying. Eternal sends the demon soaring by producing dark waves of energy through the palms of his hands and blasting him back out into the streets. Eternal jumped out and grabbed the demon by the throat. He picked him up and tossed him in the air. Eternal leaped high up and landed three slashes using his demon claws. They didn't cut through his armor, but it was enough to deal damage. He then delivers a kick in the demon’s torso, sending him falling towards the ground creating an indent in the street.

And for the finishing blow, Eternal dove down like a torpedo and slammed down on top of the demon with his arms in the shape of an X. The impact produced a massive shockwave, which was in the form of a dark purple wave, that traveled across the area within a 100 yard radius. The earth rumbled from the shock of this attack and multiple vehicles were sent flying across distances with alarms blaring and dogs were barking.

In another street much close to the one Eternal was in, Inferno felt the shockwave knock him back against a wall with rough force. He recovers from the impact and stretches out his bones to ensure they were in place. “Ow, that hurt like hell.” he grunted. Inferno picked himself up and dusted himself off. "That blast was pretty close. And I have a feeling I know who it is.” Inferno sprang forth and sprinted off in the direction of where the blast came from.

He saw a bright purple light glowing over in the distance. Suspicious about what awaits him, the assassin draws out his twin revolvers and proceeds with caution. As he drew closer and closer to the area where he saw the light, he noticed the destruction all around him. While he was relieved that there were no innocent citizens in the area; however, he was curious on what the hell caused this level of wreckage.

"Not bad. Your powers are beyond that of an elite soldier. But can you handle… all 6?" a demonic voice said. Sure enough, 5 more portals open up in the middle of the street and 3 more winged armored demons, along with 2 mages appear. Their energies were beyond powerful. Even Inferno could sense their dark demon aura resonating from afar. If he had remembered what he read from the books in Canterlot; they must be Fallen Souls, demons that once started out as humans, but were then condemned and transformed into obedient soldiers of the Devil himself, to forever be under the influence and command of Grogar.

"I beat one demon soldier, what's to stop me from beating all 6?!" Eternal said in a demonic voice, to shield his identity.

"It is useless. You can never hope to defeat all of us at once, even if you are the future king. Not when we can do this," The leading mage said. With a wave of his staff, he trapped Eternal in an energy chain. The other mage conjured a gravity spell that kept Eternal more immobilized. With the two mages holding him in place, the 4 winged soldiers unleashed a fury of attacks. Slash marks and blunt marking all over his sides, abdomen, chest and his face. The mages added more pain to the suffering by electrocuting Eternal with dark electricity.

Eternal could do nothing but roar out in agony. And then… "Enough!!!" another voice called out. Soon, the soldiers backed off the moment a large red portal opened up above them. Inferno gasped, but ready his revolvers when he saw the infamous, tyrannical demon ram himself slowly descend upon the land. Grogar was in anthro form, standing at a solid 9 feet tall. He had on a black cape held together by a ring where his bell should be.

Inferno growls in rage at the presence of the very demon who murdered his father, his grip on his pistols tighten and his fingers on the triggers; ready for a fight.

"I must apologize for my Fallen Souls' behavior. I only told them to hold you down, not rough you up," Grogar says mockingly.

"Yeah right! You wanted to break me! Well let me tell you something, it ain't gonna work! I've had to live with these powers since the day I was born! I'm gonna break you down for all the pain and hardships you put me through!" Eternal says. He pulled his arm back and leaped up at Grogar, throwing a punch, but Grogar catches it and slams him back down. The demon ram let go of him, then stepped on Eternal.

"I am not here to fight you. I know of what you're capable of. I saw it the moment I saw your soul when Death took you. I had to unlock your hidden potential, which is why I snatched you and gave you my blood. Now, the time has come for you to fulfill your destiny. You can be greater than what you've accomplished as a mere mortal. Not to mention… I can help you get revenge on the traitor… who got your father killed," Grogar said.

In that moment, Eternal's eyes widened with shock. "What? What the hell did you say?" Eternal asked in a calm, angry tone. "What does my father have to do with this?"

Inferno’s eyes widened in shock, how did Grogar find out about the death of Eternal’s father. He was the only witness and he saw the true culprit; was Grogar really going to play that card and use Eternal’s father as a way to have the prince join him. Well of course he’s gonna, he’s a fucking demon.

"With your incredible powers and my guidance… together we can control the world," Grogar said, but Eternal merely scowled.

"And why would I do that, you filthy demon?" he asked.

"Either you join me or your powers will merely destroy you, or I destroy your mortal friend, Heat Blitz and that boy possesses his own power that would prove beneficial to us. Trust me and I'll show you a way to focus your powers that will make you invincible," Grogar said.

Inferno couldn't stand to see or hear this anymore. He comes out of hiding, making his presence known to the demons and then aims his right pistol at Grogar and fires a shot. Unfortunately, the bullet inflicted damage on Grogar’s shoulder. While Inferno wanted him dead; however it was able to keep Grogar distracted, the assassin then reached into his pockets and then threw smoke pellets at the Fallen Souls; who immediately felt the smoke burning their skin, realizing that the smoke pellets were laced with moonstone.

Inferno rushes over to Eternal, removing his cape and covers the prince with it to protect him from the smoke. The assassin then creates a portal next to the two and then the two jump into it. But before they could, Inferno turned to Grogar, who had his hand on his shoulder… that was bleeding? Inferno’s eyes widen with surprise, he knows fully well that demons cannot bleed from being struck by a moonstone object. But shook off the feeling and then called out to the demon lord before he and Eternal escaped. “This isn’t over, Grogar!!” He yelled before he and Eternal were gone.

Grogar grunted in pain, with an angered expression on his face. “So, you want to start a war then, assassin?” He growled. “... Fine, then. Frostbite!” He called out to his general. “Gather our troops, we’ll tear this city apart in order to claim the Prince and the boy.”

"Yes, master!" Frostbite said. With everything said and done, the battle for the world's survival has only just begun. Who knows how bad this war will become when the dark hour comes to pass or what'll become of Eternal and Heat. For the sake of the human world and Equestria, we can only hope the darkness will not completely overpower the pure light.