• Published 11th Jan 2020
  • 229 Views, 5 Comments

Shout At The Devil : Welcome to Equestria - Bucket of Skies



Rocky and the gang are transported to a whole new world on a new adventure against a familiar foe.

  • ...
 5
 229

Chapter 4 : The Quest

I’m liking this pace, but I wish it was much faster than it is now. Can we just skip to the end?

No, we need to have an explanation of how we got to the end. Just hang in there. We’re almost halfway done.

We better be. Otherwise our next adventure is going to be me putting you through a struggle.

Anyways, we were following Spike outside of the castle along the back way. He led us to a trail that went deep into a forest and a large mountain off in the distance. It looked so menacing that it could probably shoot a spike into my chest without even stepping towards it.

“Now there is no telling what could be up there guarding the Capra Vestra, so you need to be prepped for that.”, Spike explained walking towards the trail.

“I think we should be fine with that. We were able to help Rocky out with defending himself.”, Sunset explained.

“Good. That means we have one less problem to deal with.”, he said.

“What else could be a problem for us going up a mountain? We could probably take down whatever is up there guarding the stupid book.”, Brim said.

“It involves you Brim. When you manage to get the book, you will be the only one to use it. You need to say a certain spell when using it.”, Spike explained.

“Alright. Sounds simple enough. What is the spell?”, he asked.

“Revelare unt silva caparum.”, he said.

“Okay”.

“Now say it.”, Spike directed him.

“Revelare unt silva caparum.”, Brim repeated.

“Now again.”, Spike said.

“I think I got it okay!”, Brim exclaimed.

“I’m serious. You need to say it correctly for it to work. If you say it incorrectly there can be some major consequences.”, Spike warned.

“I’m Brim, I can manage to pull this one off. When have I ever been wrong in my judgment in control over a situation?”, Brim asked me.

“Well, that one time with Lucy almost taking you away from me.”, I reminded him with a grin.

“Besides the one that I probably could’ve gotten out myself.”, Brim clarified.

“That’s the only one I could think of.”, I told him.

“Look, the point is Spikey, I got it. I typically have it six out of ten times.”, Brim said confidently.

“Those odds don’t make me comfortable.”, Spike said with a disconcerting squint.

“Still greater odds than most situation’s your princess has faced before.”, Brim said.

“Make sure he can say it before you reach the top of the mountain.”, Spike said to Sunset.

“I’ll try to get him to say it. He kind of does his own thing.”, She explained.

Spike handed Sunset her satchel. It was filled with the book she always kept in it, as well as a large canteen of water and a few snacks.

“Well, this is goodbye until you guys get back. Please be safe. You’re Equestria’s last hope.”, Spike said to us.

“I really hate that term. I think I would be the last choice to be Equestria’s last hope. How about just Equestria’s reserve?”, Brim suggested snarkingly.

“It’s just a title to inspire you all.”, Spike explained.

“Not when less than a day ago I would have cared less about this place.”, Brim said.

“That’s not important Brim. Let’s just get on with it!”, I told him.

“Right. To be continued!”, he shouted at Spike.

“Good grief”, I said walking into the forest with Sunset and Brim.

“Let’s look at the bright side Rocky. The sooner we can get the Capra Vestra, the sooner we can get back and hopefully save Twilight before anypony can get harmed.”, Sunset reassured me.

“But it’s the part where most ponies that don’t make it back that scares me the most.”, I told her.

“You still have a lot to learn about the magic of this world. Life or death situations are around every corner. As long as you got me by your side, you should be fine.”, she said, giving me seductive eyes.

I was so moved by her looks I decided to lean in to kiss her…. right before Brim interrupted

“So, it’s gonna be a long journey ahead of us. Why don’t we play a game to pass the time? I spy perhaps?”, Brim suggested.

“Ugh, this is going to be a long journey. I can tell.”, I said.

“Exactly. All the more reason to play. I’ll go first. I spy with my little eye something green…”


One thing that I couldn’t have imagined when taking this journey was how long of a walk it would be going up to the mountain. In a matter of a few hours, we managed to get about halfway through the forest. Brim tried to lift the mood by playing games, but there is so much I Spy I can take when the only thing we could see in the forest were trees and bushes.

Another thing I discovered was that I was hungry. Maybe it was because it was a new body for me, but I hadn’t realized how hungry I was until I scarfed down a whole apple. I could now understand the phrase,”Eat like a horse”, a lot more clearly.

We trotted on and on for a couple more hours until we had finally reached the bottom of the mountain. Both Brim and I were tired. Sunset on the other hoof, looked like she could go on for days and days.

“We’re only halfway there. If we can hurry, we can be there by nightfall.”, Sunset said.

“Sunset I like your dedication, but you’re at an eleven and I’m on empty. Can we slow the buck down?”, Brim asked with a tired tone.

“We haven’t been walking that long.”, Sunset said.

“I have to agree with Brim on this Sunset. I love and support you and all, but I need to rest.”, I said.

“Alright fine. But only for a few minutes. We can’t risk any lost time.”, Sunset agreed.

Sunset used her magic to hand me the bag that held all of our snacks and water. I managed to use my new magic to catch the bag. It was getting better along the way of this trip. It wasn’t perfect, but it is much longer than what I was doing when I first learned telekinesis.

“You’re getting there. It’s only a matter of time when you become a master at spells.”, Sunset pointed out to me.

“Yeah”.

“That magic better be used to change the elements of this world. I’m so bucking thirsty.”, Brim said, taking out the large canteen of water.

With his hoof, he took the canteen and began gulping on the water. His gulps started off small before becoming more delayed in size as he pushed the canteen back further and further. He finally finished the gulp by slamming the cap on the now hollow canteen.

“Did you seriously just drink all of our water?”, I asked him.

“Yeah. Why? Did you want some?”, Brim asked back.

“That was all of our water for this entire walk. We haven’t even gotten up the mountain yet.”, I reminded him.

“Ah it’s okay. You’re an animal in the open. If animals in the other world can drink water from any hole they find, you can too, horse face.”, Brim advised.

“Don’t call me a horse face! You’re the one who managed to eat himself”.

“Okay now you are going way too bucking far! Say that again and I’ll beat your-”, Brim said before suddenly letting out an uncontrollable goat noise.

Sunset looked at both of us arguing and let out a small gasp when she heard his bleat. He was equally as surprised as she was. Brim had put his hoof over his mouth. From the looks of it, it seemed like he had no control over himself when he made that noise.

“I will be willing to lose this argument if you promise to not mention the noise i just made ever again.”, Brim said nervously.

“Agreed.”, I responded.

“Can you two focus? We have to get to the top of this mountain if we are going to save Equestria from Lucy.”, Sunset said sternly.

“Alright, jeez. Let’s get a move on before she turns into a demon herself.”, Brim said.

We had gathered all of what we had left from our break and finally embarked up the mountain. I felt more and more nervous the further we got up, and we hadn’t even walked for more than five minutes. There was just something about going up a mountain and not expecting whatever was up there. Like there could be a dragon on top of the mountain that could rip me to shreds. Or maybe an evil spirit that haunts the-

Stop foreshadowing this chapter and get on with it!.

Right. Anyways, we trekked on up the mountain. By this time, the sun was starting to set for the evening as our journey continued on. The same feeling of uneasiness was still going through my mind, only now I could rest easy knowing that whatever was waiting for us at the top wouldn’t attack us now. As we were trotting up the mountain, Sunset suddenly stopped walking. This was really off for her because of how eager she was to get a move on up this mountain to save her friend.

“What’s wrong Sunset?”, I asked her.

“Shh.”, she said quietly, suddenly looking more diligent than ever.

I looked around to try and find what was bothering Sunset. Despite me looking around, something was hiding.

“We’re being followed. We need to leave right n-”, Sunset said before a mysterious voice interrupted

“You and your friends lost little pony?”, some anthropomorphic red cat with an eyepatch said in a threatening way.

I knew something was off. I had a bad feeling about this.

“We aren’t looking for any trouble. We are just trying to get up this mountain.”, Sunset tried to explain to this mysterious cat.

“Ah you seem to have a misunderstanding. You are making trouble here.”, the cat said, jumping down from a rock.

“I have no idea what you are talking about”.

“Ho ho ho boy. You see this fellas?! We got some fresh meat on our turf!”, the cat shouted out before giving a signal.

Suddenly, a gang of evil looking cats appeared all around us. They all looked to have been in a few skirmishes to the death. One looked like it had just murdered somepony with its claws.

“Look she’s telling the truth. We can leave here as soon as we can.”, I tried saying to get out of this predicament.

“Oh no. You see, that would be very unfair. If we made an exception with you, that means the next set of ponies we would need to make exceptions with. And I really don’t like skipping out on dinner for days on end. “, he said, lurching closer,” Speaking of which, it’s dinner time boys!”

The band of cats began cheering in a loud roar. I began gulping in nervousness to what would happen next.

“Don’t worry guys. I got this.”, Brim said suddenly stepping forward.

“You look nice and stocky. You’ll be a great meal for tonight.”, the cat said, taking out a small dagger.

“Oh hold on a minute. Your shoe’s untied.”, Brim pointed out.

“What are you talking about, I don’t even wear sh-”, the cat said looking down before Brim used his back hooves to kick him in the face.

He fell back from the sheer force of Brim’s kick. Brim himself was surprised with how powerful it was.

“Hey, maybe we don’t need magic to solve our problems! Violence seems to work!”, Brim pointed out looking back at us.

“Kill them all!”, the cat said, throwing the small dagger towards Brim.

The band of cats began pouncing at us from every direction. Sunset was able to deflect most of them with a powerful blast of magic. I stood behind her out of fear of getting mauled by this dirty cat gang. While she was able to stand her ground, she managed to get scratched by a rather large cat.

“What are you doing just standing there Rocky!? Do something!”, Sunset shouted at me.

In all this chaos, I forgot that I could also fight back with magic of my own. With as much focus as I could, I tried to remember the way I made the light spell work. It wasn’t helped out by the fact I was in the middle of a gang attack of a bunch of angry kitties.

Brim had fallen on his back next to me as he continued his skirmish with the head cat.

“Come on Rocky! Use your magic before they cut off your horn and use it for their advantage!”Brim said, struggling to hold back the leader.

“You’re not helping me by shouting at me!”, I told him, losing my focus on the spell.

“JUST DO THE BUCKING SPELL!”, Brim yelled out before moving his head to the right to dodge the cat’s blade.

“Okay okay!”

I took a deep breath as I zoned in on the light spell in my mind. Within a few seconds, I felt the spell come to presence. It’s intensity was further fueled by the amount of chaos around me. Like I remembered from the day before, I began imagining to push it forward in a direction. I opened my eyes to aim for the cat that was on top of Brim. One my target was set, I closed my eyes and tried to let the energy move forward.

Then in an instant, I felt the energy launch.

I opened my eyes to disappointingly still see the cat on top of Brim. Only this time, he had completely stopped fighting to focus up to the sky. I looked up to see the beam of light I launched from my horn into the air. It had such a large shape that it looked like it could level a field. The beam of light struck the top of the mountain, causing the land we were on to begin shaking.

“What did you do Rocky?”, Sunset asked me suddenly.

“I-I don’t know. I just did the spell like you said to do it before.”, I explained to her.

Suddenly, the rumbling began getting more and more rigorous as the top of the mountain began to show a cloud of dust moving towards us.

“It’s a rock slide! Scatter boys, Scatter!”, the head cat panicked, running off into the opposite direction of the cloud.

“Did you cause the bucking apocalypse?! What did you do?!”, Brim asked me, getting up from the ground.

“I don’t know!”, I exclaimed.

“We need to find a tunnel to avoid this rockslide! Come on!”, Sunset yelled out before running up the mountain.

Brim and I followed after her. As we were running, I tried my best to look for a cave for us to dive in to avoid getting crushed by the rockslide. I had never ran as fast as I did before in my life.

The rocks were getting closer to us as we ran for our lives searching for a cave. I was beginning to worry that all hope was lost in finding a place to duck.

“There! I hope that’s a cave!”, Brim pointed out.

Off in the distance, there was a small opening. It looked like it could hold for this rockslide.

“Oh good grief!”, I yelled out as I looked up to see one of the rocks land near me.

“Come on Rocky! You can make it! Just run and don’t stop!”, Sunset yelled out next to me.

I kept my bearings and ran on towards the cave. The wider the opening of the cave got, the closer I felt a little bit more relieved in making it. However, more and more rocks began to fall around us as the rockslide was about to hit us head on. Sunset was able to make it into the opening first, but she stood inside and waited for us.

“You guys are almost there! Hurry!”, Sunset shouted at us from the entrance.

“This might be a bad time, but you want to race?”, Brim asked while running next to me.

“Are you bucking kidding me?! We’re about to be crushed by rocks and you want to have a hoof race?”, I shouted at him slightly disgusted.

“It would spice up our death’s a little more interesting to know we went down racing”.

“Just bucking run so we can make it to the cave!”

Right as we were close, the majority of rocks began crashing down as the rockslide began to pass over. Larger rocks began bursting with debris as they came crashing down. Luckily for Brim and I, we were able to slip into the cave at the very last second. As I entered last, a large boulder came crashing down behind me, blocking the way we had come in. It was dark for the moment before I used my light spell to cast some light on the situation.

“Oh good grief!”, I said assessing the situation we were in.

“You better be careful with that thing! I am not about to get caved in because you don’t know how to work that horn!”,Brim said, taking a step back.

“Let’s calm down for a moment. At least we weren’t eaten by those cats.”, Sunset said, trying to disarm the situation.

“Great, let’s trade the cats for whatever cave beast lies in this cave. Sounds like a fair trade to me.”, Brim snarkingly said.

“We don’t know that. Lets just try to get out of this cave. It sounds like the rockslide just passed over us. Can we blast this boulder away?”, I asked Sunset.

“It’s too risky. I don’t mean to sound like a downer about your magic, but it’s too unpredictable. One blast could cause this whole cave to cave in.”, Sunset explained,” However, if we follow this cave, we’re bound to find a strong point where we can safely blast our way out”.

With a goal in mind, we followed Sunset down the cave to try and find a strong point to blast our way out of. The eeriness of this cave seemed to bother me, but not as much as it did Brim. Every couple of seconds, Brim would get a sudden chill.

“Are you okay?”, I asked him.

“Yeah I’m fine. I just have a really weird case of chills. I don’t understand it, but I feel something. Or wait, someone?”, Brim asked.

As we kept walking, we approached an opening that had a bright orange light coming from outside of it. At first we thought it was a way out and that was the sunset before it went dark, but then as we got closer, it got warmer. We walked out of the small cave way to approach a stone walkway surrounded by lava and eerie stone carvings. The heat of the lava was intense.

At the very end of the stone walkway was a mysterious figure in a cloak. We began to cautiously walk towards this figure. Then suddenly….

“I’ve been expecting you all.”, the figure said as it turned around to reveal itself as another goat.

This goat gave us so much of a scare that we began to get ready to fight again.

“We’re taking that book. Whether we have to go through you or not.”, Sunset said sternly to this goat.

“It is not my job to fight those who seek the Capra Vestra Sunset Shimmer.”, the goat said.

“How….How do you know who I am?”, she asked.

“It is my job to know all who try to seek the book. You managed to get passed the trap towards the top of this mountain.”, the guardian goat said.

“You mean to tell me that the scroll wasn’t at the top? Gosh I am going to kill that dragon when I see him again!”, Brim exclaimed.

“So, the rockslide wasn’t caused by my attack?”, I asked him.

“When the mountain feels a magical presence, it’s response is to cleanse the mountain by destroying a part of itself in order to protect the book. You managed to trick it into saving yourselves from the attack Rocky.”, he explained.

“So where is the book?”, Sunset asked him.

“It is right here.”, the guardian said, lifting his hoof to point at the edge of the stone walkway into the lava.

We all looked at each other confused before the guardian spoke.

“To seek what you so desperately crave, you must quench this book's hunger and fuel it’s source of dark goat magic. For it demands a sacrifice.”, the guardian explained.

“What do you mean by sacrifice?”, I asked him.

“He means one of us.”, Brim said with his eyes widening to the realization.

“You mean, one of us has to die for this book?!”, Sunset asked Brim.

“It’s true. In the other world, if someone wanted to try and gain demon powers for a limited time, they needed to make sacrifices at a specific time at a specific place. And that’s if they were mentally strong enough to handle it. In short, one of us has to go down if we are going to save Equestria.”, Brim hollowly explained.

“No no, there has to be another way. Right Sunset?”, I asked her.

“I-I-I don’t know.”, she said, suddenly shaking.

I came to the realization of what she was thinking about to cause her shaking.

“No! I won’t let you do this!”, I said standing in front of her.

“I’ve done a lot wrong in my time here. The princess may have forgiven me for that, but I can’t. This is the best way I can fix this.”, Sunset said sternly.

“No, listen to me, You don't have to do this. We can figure something out and-”, I tried telling her before Brim interrupted.

“Stop. I know what to do.”, Brim said slowly stepping towards the edge where the guardian stood there waiting.

“Brim what are you-”,

“Stop! Don’t worry about me, I got this.”, Brim said before facing the guardian once again,” Tell me guardian, who made this place and why?”

“Over a thousand years ago, my ancestors built this place as a safe haven. A place where they felt they could be safe from the dangers of the outside world. Before all of this, the place was covered wi-”, the guardian said before Brim had kicked the guardian into the lava, making him scream in agony.

Both Sunset and I looked at Brim in horror.

“What? He said it needed a sacrifice. He didn’t say who to sacrifice though.”, he nonchalantly explained.

The cave began to shake as the lava had begun flowing around in the pit below us. Sunset and I had fallen over while Brim stood tall. The lava was stirring so vigorously that it began to chip away at the walls around us.

“What’s happening!?”, I asked him.

“I don’t know!”

Suddenly the cave began to blast a blinding light. The room sounded like it was crumbling to pieces. I reached for Sunset to hold her tight as I could as the cave around us was going through all of this chaos. Then suddenly, everything stopped.

Were we dead? Not yet.


I opened my eyes to see what happened. Sunset was still in my hooves thankfully. The cave around us was no longer there. We were now on top of a different mountain that overlooked all of Equestria. Right below the cliff was Ponyville. It was a simple downhill trot away.

Both Sunset and I got up on our hooves to overlook the cliff. I guess the stir of emotions over the past couple of situations got to us as we looked into each other's eyes and began kissing each other. Her kiss was very passionate, like she almost didn’t want to let go of me.

“Hey! Love birds!”, Brim shouted at us.

We both suddenly stopped kissing and blushed as we turned to see Brim holding a large book.

“If you two could stop kissing for a second, we could actually save some ponies!”, Brim told us.

Gathering ourselves, Sunset and I ran over to Brim.

“Is this it?”, I asked him.

“Looks like it. Have you seen a book that has a picture of a evil looking goat on the front?”, Brim said.

“We got it! We now have a chance to stop Lucy. All we need to do now is say the words to get it open.”, Sunset said looking at Brim.

“Uhhhhh.”

“You remember the words right?”, Sunset asked him with a bit of doubt in her voice.

“Yeah I remember it…..mostly.”, Brim explained.

“That’s not too assuring”, I told him.

“Look, I can get it down. Watch.”, Brim said taking the book with a hoof,”Revelare unt silva…..captain!”

Nothing. Brim stood there awkwardly holding the book hoping it would do something.

“Revelare unt silva……...caper”, Brim said a slightly different time,” Okay, third time's a charm, Revelare unt silva……..caparum!”

Suddenly the book made a spike stab him in the hoof.

“Ow! You mother bucker!”Brim said, dropping the book.

“Are you okay?”, I asked him.

“Yeah I’m fine. The book tried to sta-OHHHHHHHHH!”, Brim suddenly began shouting as his eyes widened.

“Brim!”, Sunset exclaimed.

“I CAN SEE EVERY EQUATION! OHHHHHHHHHH!”, Brim said before collapsing.

“Brim! Brim, are you okay?!”, I said as I ran over to him.

Suddenly, Brim rose to his hooves.

“Wow! I suddenly know every piece of goat spells and their origins!”, he said frantically.

“Wait Brim slow down we don’t-”, Sunset said before Brim gasped.

“I can bring all the bad things censored in this world with this spell?!”, Brim said before luminating some red magic from his horns to cast a spell”, Holy fuck shit it actually fucking worked. No more of this implied swear bullshit!”

“Brim wait a second!”, I tried telling him.

“Wait, that means-”, Brim said before spawning a cigarette in front of him to smoke,”Oh sweet Nicotine! I missed you so much!”

“BRIM!”, Sunset and I both said to get his attention.

“Wait up guys one more, there is one that sounds so cool. Spawnattackus. Sounds like an awesome movie villain.”, Brim said before launching a huge beam of light that traveled down the mountain we were on.

Then suddenly, a loud boom struck from down below. We all ran towards the edge of the mountain to see what was the matter. As we had feared, it had come from Ponyville. There was smoke coming from it as well as some screams. Then off to the side was a small army of goats marching from a portal where the boom had been blasted from.

“What….did...you just fucking do?!?!”, Sunset said in shock, looking down at her town.

“I don’t know. I’m just gonna let the end credit music of this chapter do the rest.”, Brim said equally shocked at what he did.

“Wait what?”

Author's Note:

Shit really hits the fan here