• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,194 Views, 81 Comments

CRISIS: New World Order - GanonFLCL



Twenty-one years after returning from an adventure in an alternate Equestria, Rarity finds herself returning to that other world after a spell gone awry. Once again she must find her way home, but this time, things are a little different.

  • ...
3
 81
 1,194

Prologue: Epitome

Chronomancer Report #XX01

World: Equestria-IV

Agent: Time Turner

As per protocol, this is my final report as the Chronomancer of Equestria-IV due to the Prime timeline stabilizing and thus my world following suit shortly thereafter. Protocol dictates that I begin my report with a brief summary of my world and its relation to Canon as a primary source.

Equestria-IV is one of the infinite number of alternate versions of Equestria Prime, which is otherwise known as Canon and will be referenced as such throughout my report unless otherwise necessary. Our world followed along with the Canon timeline’s major events and characterizations of its primary cast and focus almost point-for-point, with few major exceptions, up until somewhere in the middle of the Third Age, specifically until shortly after our Equestria’s Rainbow Dash entered the Wonderbolts Academy.

As far as the differences between our canon and the Prime Canon, they were as such:

Our Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie became romantically involved sometime following a major mental breakdown of the latter which revolved around her believing her friends had forgotten her birthday sometime during the First Age.

Our world’s views on sex and violence are more lax than that in Canon. Though the latter does come up in Canon, it is less brutal or harmful; for instance, blood is practically never involved in even the most violent of encounters. The former is never mentioned at all, though it clearly happens in some capacity out of view of mainstream perception.

Our world’s pop culture is more lively than Canon’s, and it draws upon sources that technically reference other alternate Equestrias without calling attention to the fact that they are, in fact, alternate Equestrias.


This was par for the course as far as most alternate Equestrias are concerned with their relationship with Canon: small-yet-significant adjustments to fit our world’s unique narrative essence. Nothing quite as significant as Equestria-Lunaverse, Equestria-Fallout, or Equestria-Immortal, but enough to have its own effect.

The most significant change occurred during a one month period during which a Void rift tore itself open in our Everfree Forest. I was delayed in my arrival to the rift so that I could seal it (refer to Report #0309 for details), and as such, our Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash were transported through the rift into another alternate Equestria, that of Equestria-V (refer to Report #0310 for additional information and cross-reference with reports from Agent Tick Tock of Equestria-V, who was the active agent during the following events).

A brief summary of the events that transpired on Equestria-V are as follows:

Twilight and her company, heretofore referred to as the “Mane Six” as HQ has designated them in Canon, encountered and befriended some of the local natives around their entry point in a place called New Pandemonium City. Details on one of these individuals, Flathoof, can be found later in my report.

Agent Tick Tock made contact with the Mane Six after escaping an attempt on her life by an assassin named Shadowstep, a servant of Lord Silvertongue (refer to Report #0310 for further information), losing her Timekeeper in the process. Agent Tick Tock proceeded to explain the situation to the Mane Six, and with the help of the locals they proceeded from the northern continent towards the southern continent of their world in order to petition Harmonia, Equestria-V’s alternate Celestia, for aid in opening a new rift to use for traveling home. They made additional allies in the process.

In the meantime, Silvertongue acquired genetic material from the Mane Six and used significant Dark magic provided by Nihila, Equestria-V’s alternate Luna, to create a set of clones of the Mane Six that were then warped into evil, antithetical alternatives: Starlight Shadow (Twilight Sparkle), Curaçao (Applejack), Havocwing (Fluttershy), Insipid (Rarity), Red Velvet (Pinkie Pie), and Grayscale Force (Rainbow Dash).

The Mane Six and their antithetical clones engaged in combat on more than one occasion during the journey south, which would eventually culminate in the clones encountering Harmonia and being purged of their Darkness. Agent Tick Tock’s reports will have further details on the intricacies of the process.

Sometime before that final encounter, Silvertongue utilized the clones’ power, which was granted to them by their connection with the Mane Six, who in turn were more powerful due to their connection with the Elements of Harmony, to grant Nihila a physical body. He then destroyed and absorbed Nihila, ascending to an alicorn state and usurping her position. The parallels with Tirek are notable, as this was before Tirek existed in Canon.

Silvertongue used his newfound power and his knowledge of Equestria Prime, which he’d gleaned from Agent Tick Tock’s Timekeeper, to create a Void rift of his own, traveling first through Equestria-IV then beyond to Equestria Prime. In the process, he freed Equestria-IV's Discord from his prison, as we had not yet reached the point in the Third Age where Discord was “turned good” (refer to Report #0310 for more information). My own attempt to counteract Discord by utilizing the Elements of Harmony to make a “tangent” connection via Equestria-Lunaverse, failed.

Agent Tick Tock, the Mane Six, and the clones of the latter pursued SIlvertongue to Equestria Prime. Agent Tick Tock’s reports will contain all information on what happened therein, but a general summary is that she utilized emergency protocols to engage in a Time Loop in order to combat Silvertongue until he was finally defeated, though he was lost to the Void in the process.

The Mane Six then returned home, bringing along two of their comrades from Equestria-V—Flathoof and Briarthorn—as per Protocol TR-112 in regards to permanent integration of non-native individuals. One year later, the clones of the Mane Six, having ventured to other worlds in the interim, traveled back to Equestria-IV with the intention of doing the same, which was also cleared as per Protocol TR-112.


Twenty-one years have passed since the Mane Six first departed to and returned from Equestria-V. In that time, Canon concluded its Ninth Age, which officially ended its progression insofar as mainstream input. While a supposed Tenth Age is to come, as well as an unknown “Half” Age (details are scant at present on either), for the most part the Canon timeline has officially stabilized and thus the worlds connected to it can do so as well depending on their status. As Equestria-IV is directly linked to Canon and has less significant alterations, it has also stabilized and sealed itself off from the Void.

As per protocol, I am required to give a status update on the individuals that were involved in my primary reports, which includes the Mane Six and the individuals that immigrated here from Equestria-V. You will find my notes below:

Profile: Princess Twilight Sparkle

Our Twilight Sparkle is not drastically different from Canon Twilight Sparkle. Her only significant alternative traits are a bolder personality due to her life-threatening experiences in Equestria-V, and a more aggressive stance on the forgiveness and redemption of others due to her experiences with her clone, Starlight Shadow. This didn't help with Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, or Cozy Glow, unfortunately.

Profile: Rarity

Our Rarity has shown few differences from that of Canon. While there is no definitive information at present on to where Canon Rarity made her secondary Carousel Boutique location—Canterlot or Manehatten—our Rarity opted for Canterlot, and she primarily lives at her new location. Our Rarity also has been noted to have become close friends with our Zecora over the years, though I have yet to ascertain the reason.

Profile: Applejack

Our Applejack is significantly different from Canon Applejack. Our Applejack married Flathoof, one of the Equestria-V immigrants, and has started a family with him, unlike in Canon where she has no observable children. The children, incidentally, are Honeycrisp, Jazz Apple, and Ginger Gold. In addition, due to the larger number of hooves working on Sweet Apple Acres, the family farm’s business has dramatically increased, and the Apple Clan brand is one of the most popular and profitable in the world.

Profile: Pinkie Pie

As noted earlier in my report, one of Equestria-IV’s differences from Canon is that our Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are romantically involved, and that hasn’t changed. They are currently married and live in Canterlot, where Pinkie Pie has opened a bakery named Sweet Dreams, which is popular with the citizenry. She co-owns the bakery alongside her clone, Red Velvet, and the pair are practically sisters from my observation.

Profile: Fluttershy

Our Fluttershy is not significantly different from Canon Fluttershy, minus the most drastic difference: she was not involved whatsoever in the “redemption” of our Discord and as such has no deeper connection with him. She has also become more confident in herself and does not hide herself away at home as she was known to do in Canon.

Profile: Rainbow Dash

Our Rainbow Dash, as noted, is different from Canon Rainbow Dash because of her relationship with Pinkie Pie. As such, she doesn’t live on Sweet Apple Acres, but in Canterlot with her wife Pinkie Pie. She has also mellowed her contrarian, combative attitude significantly due to some of her behavior towards her friends in Equestria-V.

Profile: Flathoof

An Equestria-V native. He married our Applejack and started a family with her, as the pair fell in love with one another during their journey together in Equestria-V. I personally assisted him in his integration process, as he has a prosthetic, mechanical forelimb that our technology couldn’t handle for several years. His former life as a police officer in Equestria-V has led to him heading up the Neighborhood Watch program in Ponyville, but he otherwise works on Sweet Apple Acres.

Profile: Briarthorn

An Equestria-V native. He originally served as a weather patrol pegasus in Ponyville for a few years before being accepted into the Wonderbolts Academy himself. He eventually moved to Cloudsdale and became an instructor at the Academy. The “Diffusion Sickness” that he suffered from upon his initial immigration was completely healed within two years time, as our world couldn’t process such an illness and simply treated it differently—treatable, most crucially—than his native world did.

Profile: Starlight Shadow

Our Twilight Sparkle’s clone. As she integrated into our world between the end of the Fourth Age and the beginning of the Fifth Age, Equestria-IV adjusted its narrative differently as it no longer had a need for the Canon Starlight Glimmer (more details on this can be found later in this report). She has worked at the School for Gifted Unicorns for the past fifteen years, first as a teacher and now as headmare. She and our Twilight Sparkle are close friends, and she serves as an advisor at times.

Profile: Curaçao

Our Applejack’s clone. Her natural talent for acting translated well to our world and she has become a film actress, currently living in Los Manegeles. She is something of a celebrity these days and has always been rather private and secretive, so observing her for further information is difficult.

Profile: Havocwing

Our Fluttershy’s clone. She currently lives in Ponyville and serves as the volunteer captain of the town’s fire brigade. She and Fluttershy have grown close over the years, and she apparently is a regular visitor at Fluttershy’s animal reservation. She has adjusted surprisingly well to Equestria-IV’s lifestyle, which included toning down her language immensely.

Profile: Insipid

Our Rarity’s clone. She has become something of a pop culture junkie and an avid collector of toys, memorabilia, and other collectibles. She doesn’t have a permanent residence as far as I can tell, spending most of her time living in motels as she hops from one convention to the next or staying with friends and family when she can. She is good friends with our Spike, as they share a love for comics.

Profile: Red Velvet

Our Pinkie Pie’s clone. As noted, she and Pinkie Pie own a bakery in Canterlot together and the two of them are practically sisters. The rest of Pinkie Pie’s family has also accepted her quite well from my understanding. As our Cheese Sandwich is not romantically involved with our Pinkie Pie like he is in Canon, he has instead become romantically involved with Red Velvet, and the two have a daughter together named Cheesecake.

Profile: Grayscale Force

Our Rainbow Dash’s clone. She lives in Ponyville and serves as the new captain of its weather team, and has done so for years after Rainbow Dash officially made it into the Wonderbolts. As our Sugar Belle never met Starlight Glimmer in Our Town as in Canon, Big Macintosh never became romantically involved with her, and has instead become romantically involved with Grayscale Force. The two have a daughter together named Gala Apple.


The following portion of the report details a few of the major events throughout the Canon timeline, typically represented at the beginning or end of an Age to mark the occasion, or for other special circumstances. These events typically shaped Canon’s history significantly, but the differences in our world’s Mane Six and the inclusion of non-native characters significantly altered their representation:

Event: Discord’s Redemption

The following is an excerpt from Report #0310

Following our Mane Six’s departure to Equestria-V via Void rift and my subsequent attempts to contact Agent Tick Tock to devise a solution, I was abruptly cut off from her and was unable to ascertain her progress in returning the Mane Six back to Equestria-IV. This proved to be a conundrum, as my observations of the event made it clear that the Mane Six, wielders of our Elements of Harmony, were critical to our world’s survival, as without them present their seal on our Discord was weakening.

In an attempt to solve the problem, I went with an alternative method of preventing Discord’s seal from breaking: acquiring new Elements of Harmony that could reseal him. After conferring with our Princess Celestia and getting her approval, I then conferred with Agent After Hours of Equestria-Lunaverse, as her world has alternate wielders of the Elements of Harmony and I wished to gather information.

Thus, I was able to find alternative wielders of the Elements in our versions of Trixie, Carrot Top, Derpy Hooves, Raindrops, Cheerilee, and Lyra Heartstrings. Unfortunately, the timeframe I had was terribly short and the new wielders did not develop a strong enough bond before Discord was released early by Silvertongue.

Fortunately, the Mane Six, their clones, and Agent Tick Tock arrived in pursuit of Silvertongue and were somehow able to convince Discord to aid them in defeating Silvertongue, which he did first by transferring control of the Elements of Harmony back to the Mane Six, but also creating his own Elements of Pandemonium for their clones to wield. This proved successful in the end (see Agent Tick Tock’s reports for further details).

In the meantime, however, Discord decided to sit down for breakfast with myself and my alternate wielders, and to my utter bewilderment he made swift friends with the lot of them. This is a major deviation from Canon, as this means he not only befriended the lot of them completely of his own free will, but it was not via our Fluttershy’s involvement whatsoever. I will continue to monitor the ramifications this has on future events, as Discord plays a crucial role in the Canon narrative.

Event: The Crystal Mirror

The following is an excerpt from Report #0EG1

Due to the events related to Silvertongue and his cross-dimensional villainy, Equestria-IV did not properly integrate the Crystal Mirror that leads to Canon’s own “alternate world” filled with creatures called “humans”. This had a far-reaching effect on the inclusion of Sunset Shimmer, who in our world did not have the Crystal Mirror to travel to at any point in her lifetime. She did still attempt to steal our Twilight Sparkle’s Element of Magic shortly after the latter was crowned Princess of Friendship, which was in turn also shortly after her adventures in Equestria-V. However, the theft was easily stopped without the Crystal Mirror to flee into, and Sunset Shimmer was offered Twilight’s hoof of friendship.

The following is an excerpt from Report #0801

As an update on our Sunset Shimmer’s status, I was surprised to find that she was appointed the guidance counselor at our Princess Twilight Sparkle’s School of Friendship. Given this development, it would seem as if Equestria-IV has replaced Starlight Glimmer in this capacity. My theory is that she will eventually be promoted to headmare of the school when the time comes.

Event: Tirek’s Return

The following is an excerpt from Report #0426

As I predicted, the major difference in our Discord’s “redemption” arc had far-reaching effects on other events in Equestria-IV’s narrative. When our Tirek escaped from Tartarus and attempted to absorb the strength and power of Equestria’s ponies, he did not have our Discord’s aid in the process, as Discord was quite firmly on the side of good. He essentially had to absorb ponies’ strengths in secret until he was strong enough to prove a threat, and at that point he’d become strong enough to defeat Discord himself when our Princess Celestia asked for his aid. The events otherwise proved mostly the same, though our Tirek’s rise to power took longer and was ended more quickly afterwards due to the combined efforts of the Elements of Harmony, who were warned by Discord rather than betrayed by him.

Event: The Cutie Map and Our Town

The following is an excerpt from Report #0501

I was wondering how Equestria-IV was going to react when we adopted the clones of our Mane Six into our society, and the first evidence of a change came early on in the Fifth Age, when I was expecting to observe the integration of Starlight Glimmer into our narrative.

However, to my surprise, nothing happened to that effect. Our Mane Six’s first adventure with the Cutie Map was relatively mundane, and my observation of the event suggests that our version of Starlight Glimmer, Our Town, and all of the ponies related to the former two have significantly been altered. I had predicted a major change to the events due to Starlight Shadow, Princess Twilight Sparkle’s clone, going through a similar narrative experience as Starlight Glimmer, but I was not expecting this.

I will need to observe this development further to see what other sort of ramifications this might have. My biggest question, of course, is “where is Starlight Glimmer?”

The following is an excerpt from Report #0725

It took years, but I’ve finally found our Starlight Glimmer. It would seem that all this time, she’s been living alongside our Sunburst. A quick interview and some observation tells me that our Starlight Glimmer earned her cutie mark at roughly the same time that our Sunburst did and so the two never drifted apart. This of course led her to have a happy, natural life alongside her best friend, and thus she never had the mental and emotional breakdown that led her to create Our Town, and thus she never lured any of the ponies there that I have also been unable to find as of yet, such as Sugar Belle and Double Diamond. She is a scholar of magical history, just like Sunburst is, and was a crucial aid alongside him in freeing our Pillars of Equestria from their stone prisons and dealing with the “Pony of Shadows” situation. Also, they’ve been married for a few years at this point, and Sunburst just never mentioned that to anypony when he came to help with Princess Flurry Heart’s Crystalling.


As I close out this report, I will present my final thoughts:

All things considered, Equestria-IV is a wonderful little world, and I’m glad to have been its Chronomancer Agent for so many years. There have been a few stressful moments, such as the Prime Incident that has impacted so many of my world’s vast differences from Canon, but overall it’s been a pleasant tenure. I won’t lie, though, when I say that I’m looking forward to retirement. I’ve always wanted to live in our world’s Trottingham. The tea is fantastic.

This concludes my final report on Equestria-IV before it completely stabilizes.

Signed,

Agent Time Turner

Allons-y!