• Published 11th Jan 2020
  • 3,537 Views, 338 Comments

Danganronpa vP: Harmony of Despair - witegrlninja



Twilight, her friends and some familiar faces are trapped in a school with Monokuma. What is that crafty little bear up to this time?

  • ...
7
 338
 3,537

PreviousChapters Next
Together Forever, In Life and in Death - Deadly Life 3

"What?!"

"WHAT?!"

"I beg your pardon?!"

"Excuse me...?!"

The others all recoiled as I made my statement. My body dripped with sweat and felt frigid as it evaporated. I felt lightheaded and empty inside, my very bones vibrating in a cold tone that rang in my ears. Bile rose from my gut and threatened to spill out from my mouth.

"...You're not Rarity," I forced myself to continue, pointing at the accused again. I could barely control my own voice. "I don't know how you did it... but you're not Rarity!"

"Miss Twilight... what are you saying...?!" Flam swallowed hard. But before I could answer, Rarity broke her silence with a quiet, eerie giggle.

"Teeheehee... so, you've figured it out, have you...?" She suddenly spoke in Pinkie's voice, but in a harsh tone that flattened my ears in terror. I had only ever heard her use this tone of voice once.

"Uh... that was Pinkie's voice," Lightning gulped, edging away from her podium.

"Well! Aren't you so smart, Twi-Twi? I guess I don't need this any more, in that case..." With a flourish and a sickening rip, Rarity grabbed herself by the ear... and the skin of her entire head came sailing off a second later. Underneath was Pinkie's head, face smeared with dried blood, her mane as straight and sharply angled as a blade. Her eyes were as wild and deranged as the ear-to-ear grin she wore on her face.

"WH-WHAT?!" Bulk Biceps screamed in shock.

"I don't believe it..." Nurse Redheart breathed. "Y-You..."

"Tsk... aww, look what you made me do! Welp, might as well take it all off!" Grabbing a ripped flap of her disguise with her teeth, Pinkie giggled as she tore the rest of what was once Rarity's hide off of her body, revealing another costume that shook me to my core. On a baggy dress sewed together from scraps of multicolored flesh hung two mismatched pairs each of forelegs and wings, with an extra wing for good measure - all dull, decaying, but horrifyingly familiar shades of yellow, white, powder blue, leathery-black, grey and orange. The horns of Princesses Celestia and Luna, Trixie, Discord and Fleur were arranged down her spine like spikes. Looking closer, some of the flesh on her dress bore the Cutie Marks of all of these victims, up to and including a copy of Rainbow Dash's that had been scribbled with crayons on blue construction paper and stapled haphazardly to the ensemble.

"You liiiiike it?" Pinkie sneered jovially, posing seductively as everypony gagged, realizing which parts of the costume used to belong to which victim. "Isn't it great? I like keeping my friends close to my heart... don'tcha know?" Still having a small piece of Rarity's flesh in her muzzle, she sucked it into her mouth and chewed as if it were a piece of bubble gum... and swallowed it.

"What the fuck... what the fuck..." Lightning Dust choked.

"Miss Pie... why...?" Flam wheezed, trying his best not to vomit.

"Ohohoho, silly Flammy Flam! The mare you once knew as Pinkie Pie is NO MORE!" Pinkie shouted with glee. "I took her place. I... am Pinkamena! And I... am the Ultimate Cannibal!"

"What?!" Monokuma's sudden shout was somehow even louder than our own shrieks of dismay. "Another serial killer?! How do I keep picking students who turn out to be secret serial killers?!"

"I... beg your pardon...?!" Flam stammered.

"The fuck do you mean 'another' serial killer?!" yelled an alarmed Lightning.

"It always happens!" Monokuma whined. "First time, it was that nerdy book chick that stank like rotten salmon! Then it was those two Yakuza kids! And then it was an orphan girl who murdered people like it was her job! Unbelievable... I'm on a serious roll here!" he exclaimed, absolutely thrilled with himself until suddenly adopting a thoughtful posture. "...Well, I guess technically, practically that whole second class of mine were all secret serial killers..."

I only blinked in confusion and disbelief. I had absolutely no response to that.

"That just means you have excellent taste," Pinkie hissed with a snakelike grin. "Mmm... taste. That little bit of Rarity was quite tasty... Aw, I wish I'd brought some snacks with me to this place."

"Is... I-Is that why there's fuckin' bite marks on the corpse?!" Lightning's mouth hung open. "You... fucking ate it?!"

"Just parts of it," Pinkie answered matter-of-factly. "A whole pony is quite the feast, after all. It took me quite a while to work through the others."

"THE... OTHERS...?!" Bulk's face was deathly pale, and he had to hold on to his podium as his body swayed back and forth. He looked like he was going to faint from shock any second.

"Yes, oh yes! I had ALL of my friends for dinner! You don't know... how long I've been dying to try a piece of Alicorn rump roast! AAAHAHAHAHA!" she cackled hysterically.

"This... I... I can't even..." Flam desperately searched for words.

"...Could you please perhaps return to your proper podium, Pinkamena...?" Redheart edged away as much as she could. While Pinkie skipped happily around to her podium, Bulk shrieked as she passed by and began to collapse. He most likely would have fainted if Redheart hadn't brought the bottle of smelling salts along.

I couldn't help but stare as I watched my last best friend traipse around in the desecrated hides of the others. I felt like my soul had left my body and was watching from elsewhere, unable to stand to be in the same room as her. How... how could Pinkie have done this? Any of this?!

"So it was you..." swallowed Redheart. "You were the one who killed Rarity... why? Just to... eat her?!"

"Just to eat her...? Just to eat her?!" Pinkie hissed through a toothy grin. "Oh, no. Noooonononono. Rare-Rare wanted to know my secret, and I couldn't just let her spoil herself with all that yucky, bitter adrenaline in her system!"

"Wanted to know your secret...?" Lightning repeated. "You're not saying she knew you were this fucked up?!"

"El oh el. I'll never tell!" she sneered.

No... I bet that's not the secret she's referring to... what could it be...?

...

...Oh! That must be it!

"No, I don't think that's what Rarity wanted to know," I spoke, struggling to keep my voice even. "I think Rarity was asking Pinkie about her sudden e p i p h a n y she had three days ago."

"Epiphany?" asked Flam.

"But whatever it was... it was apparently worth killing for to keep it quiet," replied Redheart.

"Oh yes! Yesyesyesyesyes... it's a secret! Suuuper top secret!" Pinkie giggled and bounced crazily in place. "I can't tell you! I can't tell anypony! EEEEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!"

"What the fuck? What the fuck could this secret possibly be?!" yelled Lightning.

"I doubt she's going to tell us," sighed Flam.

"But now I see..." I spoke again, swallowing down my revulsion. "That line of missing fur I saw on her throat... you slit her throat, didn't you?!"

"There was fur missing on her throat?" Redheart asked in surprise.

"Yea... at first I thought I was just seeing things, but I saw it again just a little bit ago, when Pinkie was crying just before she took off the head of her disguise. Where that line was, and the torn-out throat on the corpse... they're in the same place! It has to have been the killing blow!"

"I see... yes... that makes perfect sense!" Redheart nodded after thinking it over, her eyes wide. "Then she let the blood drain through the shower area drains while she cleaned up the aftermath, that would definitely explain why the corpse was bloodless. And if the murder took place at least a day ago... well, that would explain why the disguise's mane came out in such a large clump."

"Aww, yea, must've rushed that part when I was tanning the hide," Pinkie rubbed the top of her head with her hoof, sticking out her tongue. "Whoopsies! Usually my work is flawless, just like hers was! After all, what good is disguising yourself as another pony if your disguise just falls apart?"

"...Hey, wait a minute! You know what?" Lightning stood up suddenly. "The other day, I saw Rarity carrying her plates to the Kitchen instead of levitating them like always, like Unicorns usually do. I didn't think much of it, but... you couldn't do that, because you're not a fucking Unicorn! You just broke Rarity's horn off her skull and glued it on!"

"...Shucks, you saw that, did you?" Pinkie growled sarcastically. "Guess a big bully like you is smarter than you look, eh Dusty?"

"You shut the fuck up, you fuckin' psychopath," Lightning retorted. "You don't get to call me that-"

"YOU WANNA DIE SCREAMING, DUSTY?!" Pinkie, her face contorted into a sadistic grin, suddenly charged and screamed angrily. She loomed menacingly over her podium at Lightning, who shrank back immediately.

"Hmm... if you alone had the knowledge of the secret passages between the Mare's and Stallion's Restrooms and that secret room, then you could have simply gone through the Mare's Restroom to superglue the door to the Stallion's Restroom shut, then go back through the other passage and pretend to be trapped inside!" Flam reasoned.

"That's right... that must be the true reason why Rarity's fur was covered in dust!" Redheart agreed. "Why risk coming out of the Stallion's Restroom when somepony might be around, when you could come out of the Mare's Restroom without drawing suspicion?"

"The Mare's Restroom passage was spotless, but the Stallion's Restroom passage had clearly been used only once!" I chimed in.

Wait... if this is true... then the pony who knocked me out on the 5th floor... it could only be...!

"...And you! You're the one who bucked me in the head and knocked me unconscious!" I yelled as I pointed at Pinkie, feeling more angry now.

"Oh? Oh, Twi-Twi, how could I possibly have done that?" Pinkie smirked. "I went into the Strange Room, remember? Oh, wait... Rarity went into the Strange Room, didn't she? But you let her go on your own, remember? And then she got knocked out herself! Ooh... what a baaad friend you've been, Twi-Twi! Mmm... I like naughty ponies."

No... it was definitely you... I can prove it...!

...As Rarity, Pinkie went to search where? ...The Strange Room, right. Now, where could she have gone where I wasn't looking? ...Oh! The staircase! And where does that staircase lead? ...Yes, to the 4th floor! And how could she have gotten behind me? ...By coming up the other staircase!

"No, Pinkie," I replied sternly. "While I was preoccupied by the metal doors, you took the opportunity to run down the stairs by the Strange Room to the 4th floor. Then you came back up the other staircase so you could get behind me! That's how you bucked me in the back of my head!"

Pinkie recoiled slightly, blinking a few times before regaining her insane composure. "I. Am. Not. Pinkie. I. Am. Pinkamena! And nuh-uh! It was totally nooot me! It was... a ghost! A spoooooky ghost!"

"AAAAH! NOW THERE'S GHOSTS INVOLVED?!" Bulk shivered.

"If you were pretending to be Rarity at the time, then it could only have been you!" I curled my lip. "After knocking me out, you took me to the secret room and chained me up, then you tried to kill me!"

"Noooooo- okay, yes," Pinkie admitted, her face changing from deadly anger to carefree cheer in an instant. Her constant mood swings made her split personality all the more frightening. "I just wanted to save you, Twi-Twi."

...Save me...?!

"All this terror, all this anguish. All this despair... so delicious. And the fear... so exhilarating," she breathed heavily. "I wanted to save you from all that and have you for dinner... and I almost had the chance! The chance to say 'Hippity-hoppity, your skin is now my property!' But, all those pesky other friends of ours... they kept interrupting our lovely dinner!" she shrieked.

"Pinkie... why... why would you want to kill me? Why did you kill Rarity?! We're your friends!" I shouted, tears filling my eyes. "You saw... what happened to the rest of us!"

"Because there's only one way out of this hellhole, baby!" Pinkie howled with laughter. "Only one way for us to see all our dead friends again! There, are ya happy now?! There's my epiphany for ya!"

What... you think we all have to die...?! I don't understand...!

"You want us all to fuckin' die?!" Lightning shouted angrily. "The fuck is the matter with you?!"

"Of course! I only want what's best for you guys!" Pinkie retorted.

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" Bulk protested.

"We're not going to die," Redheart asserted. "We are getting to the bottom of this!"

"The only thing you're getting to the bottom of is a grave," Pinkie sneered through her teeth. My legs simultaneously felt like jelly and stone as a misty crimson aura surrounded her, giving her eyes a sinister glow. Her teeth sharpened into fangs, her hooves - real and additional - morphed into spikes, and her mouth dripped with drool, blood, and sheer malice. "I'm telling you, you gotta die to leave this place! It's the only way! The others are free... don't you want to escape, too? I'm doing this for your own good, you know... C'mon, let's forget about this and have dinner together. You look... delicious."

Pinkie... Pinkamena... was this really your epiphany...? Or has this killing game simply driven you insane...?

"I'm not that cruel... Rarity's only been dead a little while, it's not like I've been disguising myself as her for longer than that," she smiled. But as soon as this lie graced my ears, I remembered a certain detail that I had noticed the past couple of days with a grimace.

...But you have been...! This is my proof!

"...She's been dead for three days, Pinkie," I frowned, ignoring my returning nausea the best I could. "After the first night we had access to the 5th floor, you disguised yourself as Rarity to make it appear as if she were still alive."

"Oh? You figured that out, too?!" Pinkie slapped her hooves to her cheeks in surprise, seemingly unaffected by their pointiness.

"Yes... I didn't think much of it at the time, since Rarity often got stress headaches when she worked too hard, and... you seemed so happy..." I pressed my lips together as I fought back fresh tears. "But after that night, we never saw both of you at the same time."

"Oh, dear... she's right," gaped Flam. "It was always either one or the other!"

"D'aww... yea, that's true. Without a handy-dandy Mirror Pool, even I can't be everywhere at once," Pinkie pouted, gazing up sadly at Monokuma. "Especially since that mean ol' bear made teleporting illegal!"

"Gotta be able to keep an eye on you sneaky students of mine!" Monokuma replied.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie... but you're wrong. Dying won't save us from this place... and I still can't believe..." My mind was nearly overrun by despair as I choked on a sob. I almost couldn't even think anymore.

"I can't believe it, either... I can't believe we've had this fucking psycho in our group all this time!" Lightning roared.

"It... may not entirely be her fault," said Redheart. "She may have simply fallen victim to this killing game herself."

"BY HAVING A PSYCHOTIC BREAK?!" asked Bulk.

"I'm... afraid so," Redheart sighed.

No... just a little longer... I need to see this through... just a little longer...!

"Please... may we finish this? I really don't wish to continue thinking about this any longer than I must," Flam shivered.

"I... yes... alright..." I gulped, taking a few deep breaths to compose myself before the closing argument.

This is how it happened!

"This crime... it happened three days ago. Pinkie and Rarity remained in the Indoor Pool room long after the rest of us returned to our rooms for Nighttime. When she finally wanted to leave, Rarity first went to the shower area to wash off the pool water. That was when Pinkie struck... she snuck up behind her, and slit her throat in one swift motion. She let the blood drain away from her body while she set about cleaning the splatter the murder had caused, but either didn't notice the droplets on the very top of the tile walls or couldn't reach them.

"When she was done, Pinkie took Rarity's body to the secret room behind the Mare's and Stallion's Restrooms on the 4th floor, beside the Physics Lab. She spent the night carefully flaying Rarity's hide from her body, cutting off her hooves and crushing her skull to get her horn in the process. When she was done, she then fashioned Rarity's hide, hooves and horn into a convincing disguise, then hung the body from the meat hook.

"For the next couple of days, Pinkie would sometimes pose as Rarity to avoid any suspicion as to something having happened. She played the part nearly perfectly, even getting the tone and inflections of Rarity's voice down pat... except for the fact that since she wasn't a Unicorn, Pinkie was therefore unable to use magic like Rarity.

"Then yesterday, when 'Rarity' was at supper but Pinkie was not, 'Rarity' suggested to me that we check the 5th floor. While I was... preoccupied, Pinkie took the opportunity to race down the far staircase by the Strange Room, down the 4th floor hallway and back up the other staircase in order to get behind me. Then... she knocked me out.

"I woke up in the secret room, not knowing where I was. There I saw what we would later learn was Rarity's body, as well as a grotesque figure we would later learn to be Pinkie... as Pinkamena. She held up a knife with the intent to kill me... but even though I fainted from terror, she didn't kill me. She might've heard somepony coming into the Physics Lab, and decided to retreat rather than risk being discovered.

"This is where the Mare's and Stallion's Restrooms come into play. Both had secret passages hidden inside that allowed Pinkie to leave the secret room without going through the Physics Lab. After I was rescued but before Bulk Biceps - and later Lightning Dust - could be located from their search to keep watch, Pinkie - back in her Rarity disguise - left the secret passage in the Mare's Restroom and went into the hall to superglue the door to the Stallion's Restroom shut. Then she went back through the secret passage in the Mare's Restroom and entered the less-used passage into the Stallion's Restroom, where she then pretended to be Rarity, having been knocked out and considered missing as well.

"...Well...? That's what happened, isn't it, Pinkie...?" I felt a darkness like a tiny black hole form inside my heart, sucking down every emotion, every sensation I had. My body was completely numb as I stared at my last best friend... the one who had murdered my other last best friend.

"Hehehe... hehehehehe... Hahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Pinkie laughed and laughed, long and maniacally. For a few moments I feared she was going to well and truly snap, leaping over her podium and butchering the rest of us in the blink of an eye. But as she laughed the crimson aura faded away, melting her dress of horrors away with it. Her eyes ceased to glow, the bouncy curls returned to her mane and her features returned to normal. "HAHAHAHA... ah... yea, okay, I'm done," she sighed.

"Wha- that's it?!" Lightning jumped. "Just like that?!"

"Well? Can we get to the voting now, Monokuma?" Pinkie asked in her usual cheery tone.

"Puhuhu... well said. Let's get this started, then," Monokuma agreed, extremely amused. "The heart-racing excitement as the blackened and the spotless face off! It's voting time!"

My eyes barely registered the buttons and lever appearing on my podium. The flashing lights and colors meant nothing to me. In my unfocused state I moved my hoof over to the pinkest button and, after lingering for a moment, pressed down. Robotically I then moved my hoof to the lever and pulled. I didn't really hear the others as they cast their votes... nor did I really care. This wasn't going to end well either way.

"Puhuhuhu... It seems the voting has finished," grinned Monokuma. "Now then, let's see the result! Who will be chosen as the blackened? Will you make the right choice, or the dreadfully wrong one?!" The monitor behind him buzzed to life. "Monokuma Vote! Who is found guilty?" appeared, followed by the slot machine. We watched with bated breath as the symbols slowed...

...and landed, three in a row, on Pinkie's face. "Guilty!"

*Class Trial End! All Rise!*

"Well... if the culprit's just gonna admit to everything like she's proud of it, then I guess even morons can't screw this up," Monokuma muttered under his breath before continuing joyously. "The blackened who killed Rarity is Pinkie Pie! You all got it right!"

"Pinkie... please," I begged tearfully. "Just tell me... why? Why did you do this?"

"Oh, Twilight," Pinkie sighed sympathetically. "I'm surprised you still haven't figured that part out!"

"What...?"

"The way out of here... the only way to escape... is death!" she whispered loudly.

"D... Death...?!" I mouthed. Surely Pinkie's spirit hadn't been so totally broken that she had completely given up on survival...!

"I... don't understand..." Redheart blinked.

"No, I don't expect you to," Pinkie shrugged. "I don't really understand myself, either. But death is definitely the only way out of this place. I tried to tell Rarity that, but she didn't understand, either."

"You... you told Miss Rarity your intentions...?" Flam stammered.

"Oh, no, she thought I was just losing my sanity... heh, I lost that ages ago. But I was determined to save her, so instead of just stabbing her right then and there like I would've if she did understand, I waited until she leeeeeast expected it... I made sure it didn't hurt, of course. It was instant."

For a second I felt a little relieved. But then I remembered that nonetheless, Pinkie murdered Rarity. "But why though, Pinkie? Why did you kill Rarity?!"

"I already told you! The only way out of this killing game is death!" Pinkie wailed, concern finally breaking through her features. "I... I figured it out, Twilight. We have to die to get out of here! But... I couldn't bear to hurt my friends, even if it meant they could escape... so I... let her out..."

"Her...?" Lightning bristled.

"There's another part of me... a part of me that was excited to learn she was trapped in a killing game," she admitted, her mane slowly straightening back out as she stared at the ground. "A part of me that relished the thought of killing or being killed... a part of me that wanted to kill and maim and stab and strangle and smother and bludgeon and- ...a part of me that I've been hiding for a very long time. I couldn't stand her, I wished so many times on birthday candles and shooting stars that she'd go away forever... I h-hate her..." she sniffled, wiping her eyes.

"P... Pinkie..." I breathed. All this time, all these years, I had no idea she had been dealing with this demon. Was she just too good at hiding it? Or had I missed the signs all this time...?

"...But now? I'm so glad she was here. I let her take control... she was more than willing to do what I couldn't. With her help, I saved Rarity from this terrible place... I wanted to save you, Twilight, and the rest of you guys! And then... well, I wanted to escape, too, but she wanted to stick around and see what else Monokuma had in mind..."

The only way out is death... Pinkie... what are you saying...?

"You're delusional..." Flam swallowed anxiously. "Dying here won't save us! Dying here simply means we've succumbed to the killing game!"

"Seriously. Means we're going straight to Tartarus, not back to Equestria!" Lightning snarled. "How the fuck did you even come up with an epiphany like that?!"

"I'm afraid there's no reasoning with somepony suffering from dissociative identity disorder that easily," Redheart grimaced. "And I'm also afraid something like that is way out of my scope of practice."

"Heh, yea... I thought you guys might say things like that..." Pinkie smiled weakly. "Well... I had hoped I could be the heroine and save you all this time... but looks like I'm gonna die now."

"You sure are, bucko!" Monokuma laughed heartily. "Cuz it's punishment time!"

At his words, the void in my heart grew exponentially until I felt like I could be the center of a black hole. My entire body began to shake violently, and ice cold sweat ran down the back of my neck. My words tripped and stumbled over themselves as I tried to beg for Pinkie's life.

"Isn't it bad enough that you broke this poor mare's mind?!" Redheart yelled.

"She may have committed some atrocious acts... but that doesn't mean she deserves what you're going to do to her!" Flam gasped.

"Please... no! She's my last best friend! The last Element of Harmony!" I forced my words to focus and scream. "You can't kill her... you can't...!"

For a few moments, Monokuma was silent. Then, quietly at first, he began to laugh.

"What's so fuckin' funny?!" Lightning glowered.

"Oh, just thinkin' about life... and how irreplaceable it is. Know what I mean?" he smirked.

"How would you know...?!" I hissed through my tears.

"When a life ends, those closest to it mourn. But if you could somehow recycle that life... then those closest to it wouldn't need to mourn anymore, right?" he reasoned. "If we could recycle life, the world would be filled with hope. That's my point."

"That's completely wrong!" Redheart snapped. "You don't know anything about tasks of mourning, attachment, loss or experiencing grief!"

"You don't even know... what kind of fucking hell... you're making us go through!" Lightning sobbed angrily through her teeth.

"Aaaaanyway, I've prepared a very special punishment for Pinkie Pie, the Ultimate Party Planner! Let's give it everything we've got!"

"No... please no...!" I begged desperately. "Please... I'll do anything... please don't...!"

"Goodbye, my friends, but just for now," Pinkie smiled serenely. "See ya on the other side!"

"No... you can't... please... no! Pinkie! PINKIE!"

"It's... PUNISHMENT TIIIIME!"

The large, red button appeared before Monokuma. He grinned with excitement as he pulled out a hammer, hopped and did a somersault in midair, smashing the button as he landed. As he scuttled away afterwards, we watched as the monitor above his throne came to life with blood-red graphics.

"Pinkie Pie has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!" The familiar chain and shackle flew out from the side, clapping itself around Pinkie's throat. However, rather than shrieking in terror, Pinkie squealed with glee as if she were on a roller coaster. I could only watch with blurry vision as she was pulled away from me, screaming her name as I held out my hoof in vain. She disappeared into the darkness, and the monitor briefly went black as we had no choice but to turn our attention towards it, startling slightly as it turned back on.

The picture on the monitor came back dimly, showcasing a dark room. Moments later the room was flooded with light, revealing a rather innocuous party setting. A long table was covered with a white cloth and decorated with a red, yellow and blue garland, with matching balloons tied to the legs and each chair. Multiple table settings were laid out, each with a party hat set on the plate. The only thing missing from the table, really, was the refreshments.

But then the camera panned over to the right, and my heart dropped. Pinkie was strapped spread-eagle to a slab of metal, angled at a perfect 45 degrees. Electrodes had been glued to her scalp, chest and wrists. Next to her was a small table and tray lined with various surgical tools, along with a bare, white ponnequin in the corner. Her eyes whipped back and forth as she scanned the room, more confused and curious than terrified.

The camera panned back to the left, and there stood Monokuma, dressed in a thick leather apron. His red eye gleamed as he moved over to Pinkie; she gulped as she watched him pick up a scalpel.

And then... the horror truly began.

*Ultimate Party Planner Pinkie Pie's Execution: Executed*

*Refreshments to Die For!*

Monokuma swiftly plunged the scalpel into her flank and drew a perfect circle around her Cutie Mark. Pinkie squeezed her eyes shut and cried in pain as he severed the fascia and ripped off the flesh, then he did the same to her other flank. I watched helplessly as Monokuma treated Pinkie's body like a canvas, and he was a foal with too many crayons. He stabbed, slashed, yanked and tore at her, ignoring her screams and begging and pleading. Eventually she fainted from the pain, only for Monokuma to quickly flip a switch on a large battery nearby. Electricity traveled through the wires of the electrodes and into her body, forcing her back awake, only to scream in agony again. It went on and on for a while, the cutting and the slicing, interspersed with electric shocks.

Finally, Monokuma seemed to be getting bored. He grabbed a syringe full of liquid and injected it directly into Pinkie's chest. Then he stabbed deep into the top of her abdominal cavity and slid his arm straight down, opening her up like a bag of popcorn. He then abandoned the scalpel and plunged his arms inside, Pinkie's screams slowly giving way to desperate gurgles as he began to disembowel her with his claws. Blood splashed on the floor and dribbled out of her mouth as her intestines gave way to her stomach, her kidneys, her pancreas, her bladder, her gallbladder, even her spleen, each organ casually thrown aside and left to bounce and roll away. Soon Pinkie was reduced to an empty shell, save for her collapsing lungs and her heart. As she struggled to breathe and stay conscious, having lost too much blood to make any more noise, Monokuma, drenched in crimson, slowly gripped Pinkie's heart, looked her right in the eyes with a smirk... and tore it out.

A final loud, wet bubbling noise escaped from Pinkie's mouth, and her body twitched once, twitched twice, then laid still. Laughing raucously to himself, Monokuma then picked up a pair of surgical scissors before the monitor went black once more, turning back on a few seconds later. The party room was empty again, except blood was splattered and smeared everywhere. A tray of cupcakes decorated with pink discs now sat on the table, two in particular decorated with the remains of Pinkie's Cutie Marks. Behind the table sat the ponnequin, now with Pinkie's own hide wrapped around its form, complete with large, foggy, blurry glass eyes.

I was shocked and disgusted beyond all reasoning. My mind betrayed me and unconsciously wondered what the cupcakes were actually made of. The resulting phantom taste in my mouth soured my empty stomach, and I quickly conjured up a bucket just before bitter bile rocketed up and out of my throat.

Though her mind - her split personality - had fully betrayed her... she did not deserve this. She did not deserve to die like this!

And now... Pinkie Pie, the last of the Elements of Harmony, my last best friend... was dead.

~

My heart felt crushed. All the loss and guilt and helplessness... sinking in my chest. All I could do was sit down. My brain refused to register anything else - nothing Monokuma said, nor the arguments of my remaining friends.

I just sat there. Numb. Dead to the world.

They're gone... they're all gone... dead...

Nothing mattered anymore. The world felt dimmer, duller... dead. I had nothing left. I didn't even have the energy to cry anymore. I felt so empty that the wind could've blown straight through me.

Why...? Why did this have to happen...?

I barely noticed as Flam's lime-green aura surrounded me, gently lifting me up and carrying me into the elevator back to the school. I barely noticed as the elevator began its lengthy ascent, shuddering and creaking as it went. I barely noticed as the aura surrounded me once more, floating me out of the elevator and into the main hallway.

Am I not a good Princess...? Am I not a good friend...? Is this... my fault...? Is it my fault they're all dead...?

"Twilight..." Redheart's soft words and gentle touch on my shoulder finally shook me from my malaise. "...Now that this is over, I can properly treat your injuries. If you don't mind, I would like for you to share my room so I can monitor you over the next couple days. I can assure you that you will be completely safe."

"I... okay..." I moaned apathetically. I didn't care whether she had really meant that or if it was an obvious trap. I just didn't care anymore.

"You may have my bed for the duration," Redheart nodded. "Flam, would you please watch over Twilight while I fetch the appropriate medicines from the Infirmary and Chemistry Lab?"

"Of course, Miss Redheart," Flam replied. Redheart quickly ran down the hall to the Infirmary as I leaned against Flam for support. Tears lazily dripped from my eyes as I tried so desperately to shut my own brain off. I didn't want to feel anything right now. She returned a few minutes later with a clear plastic box full of various medicines, and together they whisked me off to her room.

"Thank you, Flam," Redheart smiled slightly. Flam nodded and took his leave, gently closing the door behind him. Nurse Redheart remained close by as I showered and dried myself off, then helped me into her bed. She got out a small assortment of pills and potions along with a glass of water, and explained which each medicine did as I took them one at a time. I felt deeply drowsy a few minutes later as she instructed me on concussions and their treatment, and softly laid down to sleep.

Author's Note:

I'm probably not gonna start on the final chapter until I'm done with school for the year... Gotta make sure I do good on my finals.

But now everything will finally come together, and the truth will finally be revealed! I've been enjoying reading everyone's mastermind predictions... so much, I think I'll give you all one hint:

Queen Chrysalis and the Changelings in general are 100% NOT involved.

PreviousChapters Next